[Drama 2018-2019] Memories of the Alhambra | Recuerdos de la Alhambra, 알함브라 궁전의 추억

Admin

Greetings. It has been a long time since I last logged in. This drama has hit me hard. Got hit again. So many thoughts but so confused to write. I really hate to see Sec Seo being "killed off" like that in this drama. Really wanted to throw in the towel and call it a day but Hyun bin was so magnificent. I was thinking the lack of skinships, perhaps due to Hyun BIn or PSH's request. They are just so good together off-screen. Perhaps not wanting baseless rumours about them. Professionals, they said.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, katakwasabi said:

This!

Even the pirates had a role to find City Hunter.

But Emma. Oh Emma.

She sat there with her guitar, conversed a bit in her echoey voice and disappeared. The thing is she said nothing benificial in the slightest. Why writernim why? Why did you think it was ok for Emma to say nothing helpful for JW to complete his quest? You made Emma as a marginally useful NPC if not completely useless. 

Emma could have warned JW that only Alhambra weapons can be used in the dungeon. She could have told him to go to the shop and buy more weapons, and thank her later. Oh Emma! You had so much potential. So so much potential huhu

I blame the writer for this lack of development for Emma. Theres 6 episode more. Maybe Emma is the game overlord, who knows right? Hahaha

As a fan of shin hye I am angry on the writer who are using shin hye by many pics of Emma I expected Emma has mojor role in this game as I don't expect HJ to play this game or the trap as she should reach level 91 so I don't expect that may be the writer don't bother herself to write for female characters and include them in her story  seriously ! 

• Like 3

Just watched ep 10 & pretty sad over the sudden change of the game. So Jin Woo's friend died! And it doesn't see that the story is going for a solution of Se Ju's game. As many chingus here have said, I just thought Emma would give some major clue for Jin Woo to solve the game. But nothing happened. And as we only have 6 eps more, I am waiting to see how Jon Woo finds Se Ju & survive himself also.

And the game itself a disaster. Why would Se Ju created such a dramatic game.? Was he threatened by someone that he built a game for self-destruction.?!

And the writer is from W-Two Worlds..Well then, W had two worlds - the real world & the comic world. And Memories of Amhambra also  has two worlds - the real world & the AR world. Seriously, This writer is obsessed with two worlds.... :o

• Like 3
  • LOL 2

In episode 9 I felt cheated because half of it was JW narrating what he thinks happened to SJ and Marco, we all know that is just his speculation and redirection for us not to figure out the what happened, but then I let it go hoping ep 10 would have more to offer.

In ep 10 I was extremely disappointed that by the end no progress at all, we lost Sec Seo, the only person who can vouch for his sanity and give him hope and it looks like once again JW is going back to be his defeated self and in the preview it looks like still no SJ and he has gone back to Seoul to try to live again!!!! So what was this all for?

we only have 6 episodes/3 weeks left how are they going to resolve all this mess?!

Sorry to say but I don't think we will see any sort of action from HJ or Emma, after how dangerous the game is I dont think JW will let her play unless she rebels and tries to do it behind his back...I dont think that's the direction of the writer....Im pretty sure now this show is about the game and JW, everyone else are secondary and revolve around these two the romance is just part of JW's story but not the key or a huge part

I think he will go back have to deal with all the mess of him being kicked out as CEO, mourn for SEC SEO and possibly start a romance with HJ...perhaps think about another strategy? Because we started with the game I know the ending will involve him going back into the game, but now he cant do the quest again so how will he save Master? It just looks bleak...not sure what the writer's plan is now...JW is the highest alive player apart from SJ so if he doesnt play to the end we wont know what happened...it also feels like to kill Sec Seo the writer had to drop the rules so far you cant die for real if you're killed with NPC only another human but that's only from Dr Cha and JW's fight unless of course there's someone else controlling the game and killing people he wants to kill

Has anyone been keeping tabs of the rules in the game from what we've been shown so far?

In last week's previews they made us believe that the meeting they had was to discuss JW being removed as CEO of the company but instead we got Prof Cha telling Sujin and JW to get back together? How is this significant?

Somehow I dont want to trust the previews anymore the kiss could also be him longing for HJ in his head LMAO just jocking :D

In Ep 10 I missed MJ at least she was a highlight in ep 9. I guess one of the highlights for ep 10 was the programmer meeting Emma for real :lol:

As much as I want Sec Seo to be alive I dont want the ending to be it was a dream or all in his head, I want real explanations for this MAGIC

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

Anyway, I think we have to wait and watch the remaining 6 episodes to decide if we like it, love it, or wondered why we bothered. :) To be honest, though, I don't think I'll be wondering why I bothered. HB's dimples and brooding alone make it worthwhile, and so far, the story and the drama are eminently watchable, so I don't have any major qualms about the drama. Ask me again, if they kill off another character that I like though... :D

I agree... Even if you want to drop the series, you simply can't do that! Hyun Bin is too hot to handle. :wub: But the game itself a mess now. And we only have 6 eps more. I really don't feel that the plot got a progress in the past 10 eps... So I am really waiting to see how the writer unfolds these messes one by one. And I'll be glad if there's theory for deceased people to come back. At this rate, it's hard to believe that many people would survive at the end...

• Like 11
  • LOL 1

Hi all! MOA is “refreshing” in terms of giving different type of stories. But I sometimes have to pause the episode to calm my nerves!! Too intense for my taste, the usual romcom watcher. Haha. Hyun Bin is soooo great in MOA. I think after watching his previous dramas, and now MOA.. wow!! he has this vibe and charisma so different in here. Like it very much. The chemistry with PSH also great!! Now I don’t want this week to come to Saturday too quickly because it means my holiday is over, but I also want Saturday and Sunday to come ASAP :lol:

• Like 7
  • LOL 1

Woah, if this drama is going to kill the characters I am rooting for like GOT, I’d AR smack the writer in the head. 

Just finished episode 10 and while questions are shooting out of me like the darn archers who killed sec seo, I am hooked. Heh. What’s that bright light at the end of the ep? It’s certainly not to Pearly Gates since JW has time to kiss HJ after. 

I am guessing Emma appeared to heal him since he is in critical condition. How come this game doesn’t have healing potions?!

Sigh...another week’s wait.

• Like 5
  • LOL 1

I've been so busy in preparing for 2019 I havent had the time to watch the sub ep as yet. It's ok maybe Im procrastinating because the thought of seeing loyal Seo saving his dear boss then disappearing plus the look of guilt and pain in JW is :heartbreak: Im starting to tear up again....NOOOO!!!! I hate this writer, seriously why?? of all people I cant even look forward to the further development of our beautiful couple...Jung Hoon! :bawling:

If this drama turns out to be like a dream sequence of JW playing this AR game and once complete al is back to how it was before  I swear I'll boycott this writer - Sung Jae Jung. Positive thing is no one died but then the thought that over 10 eps of this to only become a mirage I'd log in myself and my target will be the writer.  Im demanding answers... 

tumblr_phza5ueJSo1w8t5aj_540.gif

And then there is Emma and HJ..Oh dont get me started.

tumblr_pkkmnhWZD11vdif55o1_1280.jpg

I need to calm down and just 

giphy.gif

• Like 8
  • LOL 8

Updates at the after party PSH and HB cake cutting plus Chanyeol reaction to seeing his less than 10 second of screen time only for it to turn out to be a freaking dream...yeah Im still bitter. <_< 

I wonder what the whole casts was thinking while watching ep 10 live with us. :sweatingbullets:

Ost 4 with eng lyrics.... the lyrics depicts JW fears so well. His so scared to open his eyes, HJ is his only source of comfort to overcome those fears. 

and I forgot to ask... @stroppyse can you please translate the ep 11 text preview. THANK YOU!

4ea397b91c6df32dde4b099c0089a310.png

I think it mentions something about the quest being interrupted. :blink: 

• Like 7

7 hours ago, stroppyse said:

The previews are total trolls, for sure. They get us all excited and anticipating something, then make it a dream sequence or something. Part of me wishes they would stop doing that. On the other hand, it's a way to keep SJ in the forefront, I guess, without actually showing him.

I thought the near kiss was to quieten the hordes of fans who are demanding some progress on the romance????  :DAnyway, I don't think it makes up for Sec Seo dying, but it does give us something more to talk about other than that Sec Seo died. :(

I'm totally with you on this one. This drama has chosen to introduce new elements pretty much every episode. On the one hand, that forces us to re-evaluate the story and the actions of the various characters, namely JW. However, it makes for some frustrating watching since it means that we can't really be certain of anything.

Having said that, I think the only thing that would severely make me mad is if the WHOLE drama becomes a dream sequence that SJ is having. Because I think endings where everything in the drama is just a dream is such a cop out.

I agree with you. I would be really disappointed if it turns out to be a dream, however I doubt this will come true. But who knows...

Anyway, I am still convinced that the real attempt was to murder someone. So far, professor Cha seems to be the main suspect. Then I had added director Park and KSB as suspects. Now, I am wondering if SJ could be behind it and seduced Park in order to get rid of CSH and JW. Maybe my fantasy is running wild, yet this scene between professor Cha and director Park intrigued me a lot. Why did he tell Park that YR came to his office and told him a funny story? However he never explained what the funny story was. Then he added that he had run a DNA test and it was confirmed that he was definitely CSH's son. First, everyone thought that professor Cha implied that SJ had an affair with JW. But what if with his words, professor Cha was warning Park telling him that he knew about the affair between SJ and Park. When he explained that the paternity test confirmed that his grandson was related to him, we could interpret that professor Cha wanted to warn JW's friend that SJ might have manipulated Park in reality.

What if SJ's real goal was to inherit everything? This would explain why professor Cha disowned his son as he was scared that SJ was after his shares. CSH left the company and created his own... so technically, she and her son must have inherit his shares from the company. Then by seducing Park, she might have convinced him to get rid of JW so that he would become the next CEO.  Striking is that professor Cha asked JW to remarry SJ. If we see in this perspective that Park and SJ are together, Cha wanted to show that Park will never have the possibility to marry SJ, he will do everything in order to stop it. Notice that SJ is trying to make JW doubt Cha's intentions. So what if she wants JW to rely more on Park so that in the end, JW will never doubt Park's actions? Park knew that JW was in Barcelona and had received the offer from SJ. What if they had seized the opportunity to get rid of CSH and JW at the same time but it didn't work out. MAybe professor Cha knew about the game and if he had allowed an autopsy, JW would have been arrested. If JW had been caught, then Park and SJ could have succeeded. JW in jail, JW would lose his CEO seat.

JW has always been annoyed with SJ's tears because they were always shown with fake excuses. We heard from CSH that JW made SJ miserable in their marriage. What if SJ had lied while crying in order to create a riff between these two persons? She knew about professor Cha's terrible temper and the terrible relationship between CSH and his father. What if she made JW look like professor Cha so that CSH felt the need to help SJ? So far, SJ has a few scenes but I feel that there is more than it meet the eye. 

But okay, this is just a wild theory... @siddy09 @Kasmic

• Like 5
  • Confused 4
  • LOL 1

What JW really needs in the game is an INVISIBILITY CLOAK! He can pair it with a weapon and attack but not be seen. Programmer dude needs to make him one asap! Seo should had have one too, to hide from the NPCs sobs :tears:

D9Ml15.gif

Programmer dude can make him a kingsman umbrella. It can be used as his cane, an umbrella, a shield or a deadly weapon haha

5339364-5986315180-giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Credits to gif owners

• Like 2
  • LOL 9

How ya'll gonna do JH like that? Come on, why?!:bawling:

So you mean to tell me that you could still die playing that game without having to fight another user? Because so far it looked like when the players themselves fought each other and whoever lost would be the one to die in real life. It happened between SJ and Marco. Then it was JW and HS. Who's next? But nope! JH was killed by the swordsmen's and archers of the game. So it's official, they cannot release that game. Like we knew the game was dangerous but now it's become that dangerous. So you can still die regardless...

I kept thinking about why SJ would tell anybody about the game or even be able to sell it but maybe it's because he thought JW and his company could help figure out what was happening and to stop it?

JH deserved better....

• Like 8

just finished watching episode 10 with subs.. god! the heartbreak is real and so raw.. :bawling::bawling::heartbreak:

did JW was willing surrendering himself to be killed in the last scene, before the light? :bawling::bawling:

1 hour ago, bebebisous33 said:

Anyway, I am still convinced that the real attempt was to murder someone. So far, professor Cha seems to be the main suspect. Then I had added director Park and KSB as suspects. Now, I am wondering if SJ could be behind it and seduced Park in order to get rid of CSH and JW. Maybe my fantasy is running wild, yet this scene between professor Cha and director Park intrigued me a lot. Why did he tell Park that YR came to his office and told him a funny story? However he never explained what the funny story was. Then he added that he had run a DNA test and it was confirmed that he was definitely CSH's son. First, everyone thought that professor Cha implied that SJ had an affair with JW. But what if with his words, professor Cha was warning Park telling him that he knew about the affair between SJ and Park. When he explained that the paternity test confirmed that his grandson was related to him, we could interpret that professor Cha wanted to warn JW's friend that SJ might have manipulated Park in reality.

What if SJ's real goal was to inherit everything? This would explain why professor Cha disowned his son as he was scared that SJ was after his shares. CSH left the company and created his own... so technically, she and her son must have inherit his shares from the company. Then by seducing Park, she might have convinced him to get rid of JW so that he would become the next CEO.  Striking is that professor Cha asked JW to remarry SJ. If we see in this perspective that Park and SJ are together, Cha wanted to show that Park will never have the possibility to marry SJ, he will do everything in order to stop it. Notice that SJ is trying to make JW doubt Cha's intentions. So what if she wants JW to rely more on Park so that in the end, JW will never doubt Park's actions? Park knew that JW was in Barcelona and had received the offer from SJ. What if they had seized the opportunity to get rid of CSH and JW at the same time but it didn't work out. MAybe professor Cha knew about the game and if he had allowed an autopsy, JW would have been arrested. If JW had been caught, then Park and SJ could have succeeded. JW in jail, JW would lose his CEO seat.

JW has always been annoyed with SJ's tears because they were always shown with fake excuses. We heard from CSH that JW made SJ miserable in their marriage. What if SJ had lied while crying in order to create a riff between these two persons? She knew about professor Cha's terrible temper and the terrible relationship between CSH and his father. What if she made JW look like professor Cha so that CSH felt the need to help SJ? So far, SJ has a few scenes but I feel that there is more than it meet the eye. 

But okay, this is just a wild theory... @siddy09 @Kasmic

i like this theory.. it just so obvious the story wants us to believe Prof Cha is the villain (plus with the actor previous work history). I remembered in a press con Prof Cha was like, "why are you jumping the gun assuming i am the villain?".. so maybe it's only to distract us the viewers from the real villain and mastermind(s)..

because of your comment, i was focusing on Park and kind of notice he is a bit of odd.. like he was confirming with the programmer that there is no way JW can complete the quest on his own.. and he was super hard trying to convince HJ that JW is crazy, the company will help her to find SJ so she doesnt not need to rely on JW.. :unamused:

plus he is calling the server shut down at the very last minute it seems.. so maybe he would've thought JW will be dead; if not for HJ being the savior (assuming she calls the palace guards to rescue JW)..

17 minutes ago, katakwasabi said:

What JW really needs in the game is an INVISIBILITY CLOAK! He can pair it with a weapon and attack but not be seen. Programmer dude needs to make him one asap! Seo should had have one too, to hide from the NPCs sobs :tears:

Programmer dude can make him a kingsman umbrella. It can be used as his cane, an umbrella, a shield or a deadly weapon haha

But one can only use weapon from granada in the secret quest.. JW has to leave all his modern weapons and special items behind.. he should go weapon shopping before he continues the quest, assuming that he will.. it seems like he still has ~30 min left before the server shut down?

• Like 6

Hows this one @stargazer187

The casts bunching together to cut the cake. Love HB back hug or closeness with PSH. This will set the shippers lol!

@katakwasabi Love your gif weapons...Choi needs to look into this and develop those. The cane transforming to a weapon is awesome. We saw JW use it on KSB so why not upgrade it some more :lol:

@bebebisous33 SJ in ypur theory too... my head is still spinning. I cant concentrate on it as yet. Need to brave myself and rewatch the sub ep. I'll join you then... but in the meantime both Mr and Mrs was able to log in during their after party. :D They r so cute together. I hope seeing this that we get a back story on why she fell in love with Cha. Was she or they genuine? or did they do that to despite JW? was she set up by Prof Cha??? arghh im thinking too much about this already lol!

• Like 9

18 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

I doubt that professor Cha really wanted his son's death.

Let just say that professor Cha had always planned to get rid of JW but to do that, he needed to isolate JW. We hear from SJ that professor Cha has a huge ego. And this is a clue that professor Cha might have resent JW a lot. He was younger but definitely more talented than him and his own son. In order to ruin him, he needed to destroy little by little his confidence and trust. It was interesting to hear from PArk how JW was before: talented, creative humorous and ambitious. When HJ met him, he was the exact opposite.

From my point of view, professor Cha disowned his son just to hide his true motive. He knew that as long as CSH would remain by JW's side, he would never betray him. He pushed his son to leave the company and create his own company, then he might have told CHS how SJ would suffer due to JW... Notice how he tried to influence director Park to betray JW. He implied that JW might have slept with SJ. 

We shouldn't forget that Marco had JW's cellphone number. What if from the start the game was developed to catch JW's interest so that JW would die while playing? But Marco decided to contact CHS because he might get more money (in order to increase the amount, especially if CHS resents JW). So CHS went to Granada and played that game and Cha had no idea that his son had been contacted. So when his son died, professor Cha knew what had happened but he had not planned that this game would kill his own son. However, since the prime goal was to get rid of JW, he decided to act ignorant that's why he didn't authorize the autopsy. He needed JW to continue playing the game so that at some point he would die. But after one year, nothing like that happened. So the next move is to ruin JW's reputation so that JW loses his CEO seat.

I totally agree with this. I think this is the most reasonable theory that could happen in this drama, seeing how the condition is now

• Like 3

18 hours ago, pepperoux said:

As for PSH, I totally understand that she's kind of a wallflower in this show because you know in reality, women are always standing in the background. We have this saying that behind every man's success is a woman, right? That's why every time PSH appears on screen, it is not flamboyant or momentous, but it definitely is a catalyst for what is going to happen next. I don't want to be over dramatic but she is somehow the driving force in the story. You can't see it, but you can feel it that's why I love how PSH owns the screen every time she has a scene. 

I am hoping that the writer will not spoil this wonderful drama as it is because I like how it was well thought out so far. Ok, some things may not make sense right now but who knows, maybe next year it will. 

Happy New Year everyone!

Sorry for cutting your post, but i just want to focus on your opinion about hee-joo's character. I agree with you, i think hee-joo purpose in this drama is to emphasize what will jin-woo do next. Or to emphasize decision that jin-woo make. Because if you watch it again after jin-woo have some talk with hee-joo, there will be a decision that made by considering the conversation they had before

I hope we will got more interesting story in the next year episode. Enough with the mystery, we need some settlement now writer-nim

Happy New Year Everyone!

• Like 10

10 hours ago, stroppyse said:

The previews are total trolls, for sure. They get us all excited and anticipating something, then make it a dream sequence or something. Part of me wishes they would stop doing that. On the other hand, it's a way to keep SJ in the forefront, I guess, without actually showing him.

I think that SJ really come to HJ not a dream, that scene a 8 hours later after HJ go to JW company, we can't watch this drama without subtitle because the meaning will be different, maybe HJ will wearing that contact lenses and SJ come to her to give some clue for JW about where he is.

Edited by vivirara
  • Like 5