[Drama 2018-2019] Memories of the Alhambra | Recuerdos de la Alhambra, 알함브라 궁전의 추억

Admin

47 minutes ago, NileRose said:

@DOCDOC big thanks but do you mean their characters of course hahaha:kiss_wink:

Wow then Emma is different from HJ or the opposite I can't wait 

yES..EMMA IS A HEALER AND ANSWER A QUESTION ..I HOPE SHE HAVE THE POWER TOO :blush:

OH YEAH..EMMA POWER IS A HEALER..THEN EMMA WILL HEAL JIN WOO A LOT. AND IN REAL LIFE HEE JOO WILL HEAL JIN WOO TOO...SUCH A LUCKY GUY JIN WOO IS....:blush:

• Like 6
  • LOL 1

21 minutes ago, ned_lee said:

@nistymaj01 no your eyes not playing tricks in you I also rewind this scene just to make sure. :lol: but of course it cant be help as she's nursing him during those time. :rolleyes:

Oh good to know that i'm not seeing things.not there. LOL yes JW's eyes are closed and he's exhausted. Of course it is involuntary:joy:

• Like 5
  • LOL 2

Ep6 is my favorite episode so far for several reasons

- there is a nice balance between AR action and normal life

- the romance is finally kicked off...there are more interaction between HJ and JW.This is the first time i could feel their connection..

- mental anxiety shown by JW.. You could fell his anguish...

- the plot is moving a little bit after repetitive duels between JW and Dr. Cha in the previous episodes

• Like 9

2 hours ago, DOCDOC said:

[TRANS] #ParkShinHye and #Hyunbin interview about #MemoriesofTheAlhambra.

Cr yysy_

Ok. Now i see a bit of Emma's importance in MotA. She's a healer. Makes sense. Now give me Emma quick! I want to see her healing powers~ hahahaha

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote images, thanks! :)
  • Like 7

21 hours ago, wenchanteur said:

Sometimes I want a situation to be different than it is, because I detect a misdirection.
But I almost never want a character to be otherwise than he is. Even a hateful character. Besides, I don't hate hateful characters, in fact, I like to hate them.
Indeed, the character of Park Shin Hye can be a sensitive, weak woman, I find it beautiful as long as it fits her character well, and she is well incarnated. And I have to say, she cries really well. I love it! I don't need a strong woman at any price, and if it turns out that she is not a strong woman in the rest of the drama, and she keeps crying like a poor girl, that will suit me very well.

After "W", my second favorite drama is "Liar game". (the original Japanese version, of course). I have always read negative comments about Kanzaki Nao, the main female character. Accused of being useless (she rarely solves riddles), whiny and fearful (she suffers all the dirt), excessively stupid (she is superhumanly naive), and irritating (her motivations often make the hero's plans fail.). Next to that, Park Shin hye's little tears are really a mouse's pee in the ocean.
Everything the heroine is accused of is indeed true. And yet, his character is so touching, and totally essential to the drama. It is through her that the emotion of this really very cerebral story comes from. The emotion, the morality, the thrill, the meaning. She is the necessary complementarity of the story. It is because of its existence that we end up crying, during one of the final scenes of season 1.

Rey well 

Very well said, my friend. I love the contrasts on their characters, soft and hard. It is Hee Jo’s character that brings beauty and charm in the drama. I couldn’t imagine it to be any other way. She’s a perfect picture of a healer to a wounded Yoo Jin, her gentleness.

2 hours ago, nistymaj01 said:

Ack are my eyes playing tricks on me?! Is JW's hand on top of HJ's lap before she stood up!?

Is it not? I thought nobody would notice ha ha ha! 

• Like 6
  • LOL 2

Okay Theory Time..B)

My theory is that the brother SJ also has defeated/killed his opponent in the game duel(Marco probably), in the similar manner that JW had defeated CHS. Now since both were real persons killed in a duel, I suppose the game is trying to give the opponents chances to defeat their enemies again; its like the game is being the richard simmons karma, who bites back. Because if we for a moment forget that there is a zombie Cha who is after JW's life, there is nothing wrong with the game..it seems like the game only starts to actweird after a real person gets killed..assuming SJ is chased by dead Marco! Now people were questioning that how come JW didn't see SJ's body on platfrom? Well, if you guys remember, JW was not playing the game at that time and also that the game was absolutely fine till that moment. He was only there to look for SJ..

Or my another theory which is based on the observation that CHS was actually moved by JW's words in the bathroom is that CHS is somehow forcing the game to have duel with JW. Maybe its his will power or that he was defeated unfairly but the game is complying with CHS's wish. Maybe because CHS is now part of the game, he is able to manipulate the game..which also means that he has somehow reincarnated into the game along with his feelings and emotions..though he can't speak but his brain is working..

Okay..now I am also confused..haha:crazy::rolleyes:

PS. I just read Hyun Bin's interview, he said I can reach till level 10 but JW can reach till level 90..so there are 90 LEVELS in this game?????? Daebak!!!!! Is this a game or what..:crazy:

Edited by siddy09
added something
  • Like 6

4 hours ago, stargazer187 said:

I am looking for their romance since the two signed into this drama together. 

It should be happy ending. I detest sad ending!

There will be a happy ending..even W with all its complexities and everything had a weirdly, satisfying happy ending..so I trust the writer at least on that..:)

• Like 4

17 hours ago, frozentundra said:

I felt this, too.

Which means my eyes were not playing on me...

Anyways, if this is true then this opens a new dimension for the game as up till now we were assuming that CHS is now an emotionless zombie game character whose only aim is to kill JW..but now if he is able to listen and feel too(maybe not talk), then maybe he is the one manipulating and forcing the game for a duel..

I don't know if I make sense or not..:unsure:

• Like 5

This story plot is a BIG WOW.... I love the AR story line and JW/Bin is a great cast as a class act jerk first lead.... not sure about PSH casting (sometimes I watch her performance and it comes across clearly as plain acting and doesn't lead me to believe convincingly she IS the character , if you get what I mean) ... anyway her performance seems aliitle lacking to me now but this is only ep 2.  Hope she exceeds the current status quo. 

This show is like 100x better than 'fluttering...something' which turns out to be such a feeble attempt at K drama by Viki.  No directors and companies willing to work on Viki drama? Thank goodness this show come on when I stopped watching kDrama  as all dramas seem run of the mill and none was eye-catching.  If only Master of Sun male lead tried out this leading role too, but he might not be as strong as acting as a jerk as Bin. 

I'm hooked!

• Like 5

49 minutes ago, inner said:

This story plot is a BIG WOW.... I love the AR story line and JW/Bin is a great cast as a class act jerk first lead.... not sure about PSH casting (sometimes I watch her performance and it comes across clearly as plain acting and doesn't lead me to believe convincingly she IS the character , if you get what I mean) ... anyway her performance seems aliitle lacking to me now but this is only ep 2.  Hope she exceeds the current status quo. 

I have watched most HB's drama and I acknowledge that this is the best I have seen him so far- the nuance, the feeling and all but I believe that this is also brought abt by PSH as admitted by him. I mean if the synergy with a co actor is right, one tends to reach its utmost ability to act. 

On the other hand, as attested by the critical Korean audience, SH acting this character is also well received. It maybe relative to the audience but majority finds her acting engaging. So far, her character here is just a foil to HB's character and she is making the best of how fewer a screentime her character has.

• Like 9

7 minutes ago, nistymaj01 said:

I have watched most HB's drama and I acknowledge that this is the best I have seen him so far- the nuance, the feeling and all but I believe that this is also brought abt by PSH as admitted by him. I mean if the synergy with a co actor is right, one tends to reach its utmost ability to act. 

On the other hand, as attested by the critical Korean audience, SH acting this character is also well received. It maybe relative to the audience but majority finds her acting engaging. So far, her character here is just a foil to HB's character and she is making the best of how fewer a screentime her character has.

Agree with this.

• Like 6

I liked and tend to agree with dramabeans summarising JW-HJ relationship progress from beginning to the end of episode 6...

sharing with you all...

DuwGxjOU8AARkHv.jpg

DuwGxjPVAAAy_8J?format=jpg&name=large

DuwGxjUVAAAC-zi?format=jpg&name=large

http://www.dramabeans

Also, look at things from Hee Joo’s Perspective too...

1: JW has been the first saviour in HJ’s life at a young age of 27. For many years she has just singlehandedly taken care of 2siblings and grandmother. By no means sign of a weak person. SJ realises that fact which inspires him into creating Emma after her. Grandmother acknowledges her hardship through the years as she hugged HJ...Min Joo lays it straight to JW that HJ is too good for him. Her family knows!

Still waters run deep couldn’t be more true for HJ. There is a underlying strength that cannot be seen in her outer veneer.

( Though at some subconscious level I think JW realises that...)

2: JW is also the first one who appreciated HJ as a classic guitarist since her becoming guardian of her family and encouraged her more than once to take it up again. 

3: We all agree JW was charming in his dealings with HJ since his about turn realising he needed her for his gain. If we find him charming despite knowing he was not being upfront with HJ...we can surely understand her liking him..:D

3: JW falls in her hostel...in that single moment his personality changes from the assured, confident charming suave self to one with irreversible handicap, hallucinations & seizures having undergone surgery.... diaganosed with ‘stress related paranoid ideation’ seeing/fearing a dead person with a sword like a ghost of his ex friend. Now on sedatives to keep him calm.

All these events are quite a lot to absorb in a single day by any standards. We know why...but HJ does not! 

HJ also feels burdened by the fact that accident happened in her hostel leading to JW in this state...Her emotions were stretched to max in series of events within a short period time. Therefore, it is not surprising if she gives in under all the stress & sheds tears when HJ held back in JW’s embrace pleading to stay there a while; final straw being when she hears him utter the words

“ I’ve gone crazy”

Do we call that weak? Unreasonable? Out of place?

or

Do we see another good side of HJ...?

The empathy, compassion, pity , concern for someone she considers as her saviour, for one who brought a ray of hope for a future for her whole family and their happiness ....

now reduced to obvious physical and mental challenges/ handicaps

There is much more ...but one thing is for sure...

HJ has a silent strength, admirable loyalties, ethical values, empathetic, loving and loved by her family and people she comes across in her daily life...

That’s something that we cannot say for

JW, females surrounding him and his life.

JW & HJ both provide each other what each is lacking....we can see that through the multitude of events involving them

I think ...At subconscious levels they do register & appreciate what each brings in each other’s lives..

i look forward to the development of their story together...which though headed for love but not there as yet !

Sorry for the long monologue....

.... there is still a lot left to say..:D

• Like 14
  • Thanks 2