[Drama 2018-2019] Memories of the Alhambra | Recuerdos de la Alhambra, 알함브라 궁전의 추억

Admin

This drama is pretty entertaining and has a great idea to work with but man… the whole game development aspect is just impossible to take seriously. Personally I try very hard to ignore basically everything they show about game dev but I still find myself cringing and saying “That’s not how it’s done” more that I’d like to. :joy: I’ll rant/leave a bit of insight about the development aspect below.

•  A game of such scale is impossible to reverse engineer and get a fully functional product. In this day and age we still don’t have means to perfectly reverse engineer such big games. Even when you do it with much smaller programs, what you get in the end is a lot of junk code that’s almost impossible to decipher. You still need to do a massive amount of work to get even a part of the code working. So I assume they either have the source code or some documentation to at least build on top of the product (still impossible for such a big game that uses never developed before technology).
  • The fact that two people (no matter how genius they are) have developed such a massive game in such a short time is c.r.a.z.y., absolutely ridiculous and not realistic. :lol: Please don’t think that’s how it is in the real world otherwise new massive games would be popping every two years and developers wouldn’t be working insane hours (a serious concern in the industry BTW).
  • About HJ being the shield for JW – I think it’s plausible. This game relies heavily on visual processing, where it adjusts according to the surroundings. So if we have Emma in game as a non-killable/essential healer NPC then HJ might be recognized as her by other NPCs/enemies (if we go with the theory that the game relies on visual recognition, processing and rendering). In some games when the players interact with essential NPCs they won’t get attacked. 
  • Another interesting thing is what will happen if and when HJ joins the game. There’s going to be 2 Emmas basically and that might cause a huge glitch in game. In games when you clone an NPC the behavior of the game becomes unpredictable, though that’s heavily dependent of how the game was written. For the game in the drama it could go however the writer wants it to go.
  • A few pages back someone asked why anyone would make a game where you have to kill your friends that play with you and why SJ would kill Marco. PVP (Player versus Player) is a huge aspect or RPG games. When you have progressed in game and basically finished all the quest lines then PVP becomes your main entertainment where you can compete with other players. Some stay specifically for PVP. SJ could’ve killed Marco unintentionally. Keep in mind, those two were the only developers and testers for the game. With NPCs it was easy to test the game but for PVP Marco and SJ were the only players, so they would’ve needed to test PVP combat between themselves. While testing Marco could’ve lost his marbles and SJ might’ve killed him, thinking that it would be simple in-game kill but Marco ended up dead for real. It seems like the game glitches when it comes to PVP combat. This is a huge concern and it’s strange that JW’s company hasn’t tested PVP combat before releasing it for random testers. From what I understood those weren’t the company’s employees but random gamers preselected to test the game. This fact is ridiculous yet again. For such a huge game it wouldn’t be on the market or released for user testing before extensive testing was done by testers themeselves.
  • The fact that game devs haven’t found zombie Cha glitch in game is partially JW’s fault. For them to fix the glitch they need to know that such a bug exists in the first place, then reproduce the problem, then analyze where could be the problem and lastly search-search-search the depths of code. If they don’t have the source code, they are doomed. Even if JW was afraid of appearing crazy to his employees, he could’ve simply told them that after PVP combat the game created an exact copy of the killed player and glitched. Seriously, a lot of drama could’ve been avoided if he told his team to investigate PVP  code. The devs would’ve formed an alliance with JW, saw zombie Cha and went to investigate what the heck is wrong with the code. They have such a big company and so many resources to look into that… But, if it’s not a bug in game than it’s simply magic, no other explanation…

Sorry for the long rant, but I had to write it down so that I can enjoy the rest of the drama in peace. :kiss_wink:

• Like 12
  • LOL 2

omg omg, my previous post was using my google account!!  After so many tries, I am back with my previous username. 

I am completely addicted to this drama. I went to sleep with watching back a few scenes. Rrrr.. Most of them our CEO with HJ scenes of course. 

I am glad I am not a gamers. My free times has been taken over by dramas. I'm waiting for any spoiler... Hee. 

I dont mind overlooking the logic, as long as the story resolved. 

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

2 hours ago, dramaobsessed said:

@wenchanteur@stargazer187 Interesting conversation, you two are having, I wanted to add in my own two cents but since it's a bit out of topic I have added it in the spoiler below:

Hide contents
  Hide contents

I always like to hear a male perspective of things thanks for sharing @wenchanteur 

I just wanted to add my own perspective concerning the male and female relationship dynamic concerning this statement @wenchanteur said Falling in love by the force of time and requests is for me a typically feminine behaviour.   and @stargazer187 you said In real life no woman would fall for a guy if he constantly shows rejection and ignores her. Trust me, it only happens in dramaland.

IMO and my experience there are actually many women who fall in love with guys who constantly show rejection and ignore them, usually these women have low self esteem they view this type of behavior from a man as a challenge and they try to continue to "pursue" the man in an effort to "win him over" This is because these women believe in earning a man's love instead of being loved unconditionally.

If the man finally gives in, they get their self worth from the fact that the man finally "gave in". There are also men who actually do play the game and use this weakness as a tactic they prey on the woman by pretending to ignore and reject women who are like that so that the woman falls even more and more deeply in love with him, but most of the time these type of men are narcissistic, abusive and toxic and use this pull and push method as a way to make the women feel like they need to compete and earn the love....In reality both these are unhealthy toxic behaviors that healthy men and healthy women do not posses but they do exist.

I don't know how to do these hidden contents, I'm sorry.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, enigmatic_zephy said:

1. He belongs to SM Entertainment

2. He belongs to the highest money making idol group SM Entertainment has

Yes, pretty sure he isn't the bad guy :) PSH has more chances of being an evil woman :P

Instead, think about the "oppa" following PSH from granada to korea and as per preview again to granada

Haha. I thought maybe his fans would be happy if he's the villain. Its a much more significant role and a plot twist. Which fans might be happy about. Disclaimer: I'm aware of exo, but i'm not a fan, nor do i know all the members or songs :sweatingbullets:

21 minutes ago, nateko said:

But, if it’s not a bug in game than it’s simply magic, no other explanation…

This is so true!

Thanks @nateko for sharing your insights. Your explanation makes so much sense and its understable to a non-gamer like me (the only game i'm playing now is PoGo hahaha)

It is plausible that the game recognizes HJ as NPC emma hence she became an obstacle between JW and zombie cha. I've never thought of this before :D

And i agree that JW should have told his dev team to look into PvP instead of going incognito trying to level up in the game and fight alone. In some sense he is actually running away from his job. He took the easy road by using his position as CEO to put a halt on the release without concrete explanation, he could  have share what he found out in the game and allow his team to make an alliance with him to figure out the problem. He shared minimal feedback like the slight reaction delay of his gun (which i think he did to humble brag about his high game level :lol:) but disregarded the main problem.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, dramaobsessed said:

@wenchanteur@stargazer187 Interesting conversation, you two are having, I wanted to add in my own two cents but since it's a bit out of topic I have added it in the spoiler below:

Hide contents
  Hide contents

I always like to hear a male perspective of things thanks for sharing @wenchanteur 

I just wanted to add my own perspective concerning the male and female relationship dynamic concerning this statement @wenchanteur said Falling in love by the force of time and requests is for me a typically feminine behaviour.   and @stargazer187 you said In real life no woman would fall for a guy if he constantly shows rejection and ignores her. Trust me, it only happens in dramaland.

IMO and my experience there are actually many women who fall in love with guys who constantly show rejection and ignore them, usually these women have low self esteem they view this type of behavior from a man as a challenge and they try to continue to "pursue" the man in an effort to "win him over" This is because these women believe in earning a man's love instead of being loved unconditionally.

If the man finally gives in, they get their self worth from the fact that the man finally "gave in". There are also men who actually do play the game and use this weakness as a tactic they prey on the woman by pretending to ignore and reject women who are like that so that the woman falls even more and more deeply in love with him, but most of the time these type of men are narcissistic, abusive and toxic and use this pull and push method as a way to make the women feel like they need to compete and earn the love....In reality both these are unhealthy toxic behaviors that healthy men and healthy women do not posses but they do exist.

Spoiler

Yeah, there are a lot of people who go after enigmatic and mysterious people. I personally don't like such people. It is so difficult and tiring to second guess another person.

In my opinion, such guys/girls with enigmatic persona or the mystery airs are afraid to show their real personality in front of others. They feel like they won't be appreciated if they show the real self and they also enjoy the attention they get by being elusive. It is possible that I am generalizing but most of the time such people are really twisted or richard simmons up inside. 

So guys and girls go for sensible and simple people but of course with some character depth.

Not directly related to MOA but in response to the topic. I am sorry that it is irrelevant to the topic of this thread.

• Like 3

@ned_lee oh my gamer friend...yes I tend to cheat in some of the games I play too..Pokemon Go is one then I got banned HAHAHA! no more Pokemon go now. :P 

But with this game Im sure if it releases people will find a way to hack it so they can cheat and level up quickly.... it seems very difficult and tiring to level up lol!

52 minutes ago, nateko said:

A few pages back someone asked why anyone would make a game where you have to kill your friends that play with you and why SJ would kill Marco. PVP (Player versus Player) is a huge aspect or RPG games. When you have progressed in game and basically finished all the quest lines then PVP becomes your main entertainment where you can compete with other players. Some stay specifically for PVP. SJ could’ve killed Marco unintentionally. Keep in mind, those two were the only developers and testers for the game. With NPCs it was easy to test the game but for PVP Marco and SJ were the only players, so they would’ve needed to test PVP combat between themselves. While testing Marco could’ve lost his marbles and SJ might’ve killed him, thinking that it would be simple in-game kill but Marco ended up dead for real. It seems like the game glitches when it comes to PVP combat. This is a huge concern and it’s strange that JW’s company hasn’t tested PVP combat before releasing it for random testers. From what I understood those weren’t the company’s employees but random gamers preselected to test the game. This fact is ridiculous yet again. For such a huge game it wouldn’t be on the market or released for user testing before extensive testing was done by testers themeselves.

Sorry to cut short your post but I think I posed this question in my previous post on the PVP mode of the game.  I agree PVP mode can be just as fun - Eg. Street Fighter and other games which allows you to verse other players. So it is possible for SJ and Marco to just test this game and the PVP mode. Just tragically Marco was killed by SJ in the game which somehow killed him in real life too. If this did happen, Marco would be like a Zombie Cha and if thats the case SJ should be still playing the game as he would be constantly haunted by Marco. JW's I.T guys should also be able to see that SJ has logged in. This didnt happen as both Marco and SJ havent logged into the game for over a year. Thats why I dont think Marco turned out to be a zombie. 

The game is crazy dangerous thats why JW doesnt want it to be launched yet Park and Prof Cha feel otherwise. BTW were you able to tell what the goal of this game might be? Im still puzzled on that. Is it to be of the highest level? :crazy: I dont think it was mentioned right?

Anyway just sharing some beautiful gifs.

The moment JW saw Emma nawwww I think this made him miss HJ more thats why he went to see her. :wub:

3nf5sKd.gif

and if looks could kill, this would do the trick. Obviously JW doesnt want the world to see Emma or HJ :lol: Jealous JW, now I wouldnt mind seeing that again :lol:

Vr3Op0B.gif

gif credit.  zsinz7

It's only Friday, we still have one more day to go to see him tenderly ask her, "Why do you trust me?"

ME: SQUEEEE "because your Hyun Bin, I mean Jin Woo"  :heart::wub:

v7KoJus.gif

credit bin앓이  빈오빠의 영원한팬ㅎㅎ @didrms00790

• Like 11

The scene in Granada in that antique shop, it wasnt funny, but it 

made me laugh.

When HJ asked JW what he is doing, and he responded seriously

that he is practicing throwing the ninja stars. :D

I assume that the both ex wives would run away and yell that he is crazy.

But, not HJ, she just stood there speechless.  

• Like 7
  • LOL 3

50 minutes ago, Kasmic said:

The game is crazy dangerous thats why JW doesnt want it to be launched yet Park and Prof Cha feel otherwise. BTW were you able to tell what the goal of this game might be? Im still puzzled on that. Is it to be of the highest level? :crazy: I dont think it was mentioned right?

I'm pretty sure there should be a quest line and a story in place, otherwise, it's such a lousy and boring game. Level up as the main purpose is a no-no. :D  The drama hasn't addressed it yet but hopefully, soon enough we'll get to know more about the purpose of the game since SJ and JW's meeting should happen in the next few episodes. Hopefully, the writer will show SJ's motivation to make the game.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, katakwasabi said:

Is SJ out in the real world? Or is he stuck in the game. He was flickering when he was at laying at the train station just like zombie cha and JW couldnt even see him. If he's stuck in the game there is in no way he can develop a way to communicate with whoever that reaches level 90. Otherwise you are suggesting this was all predicted and created before SJ went missing, before Marco and CHS died and also before JW being involved in all of this.

Seems like he is stuck in the game, lying low. Most of his PC gear was taken to Korean when the family moved. He was probably trying different things to get out and comes across a new player leveling up. Also, since  he was injured after his fight on the train, some time might have passed to give him time to recover. I wont be surprised if he ended up in some remote church or village to recuperate for most of the year.

• Like 3

So far, the game is safe to play. Unless you have grudge and have a duel with real person. 

In that case, if J One still want to launch the game, they have to disable the duel function with real player. And please, let the map site used is remote, away from traffic. We dont want anybody to be rundown by a motorist, aren't we? 

It has been long since I've been counting days... Waiting patiently for next episode... Huuuu... 

• Like 6

5 hours ago, nateko said:

This drama is pretty entertaining and has a great idea to work with but man… the whole game development aspect is just impossible to take seriously. Personally I try very hard to ignore basically everything they show about game dev but I still find myself cringing and saying “That’s not how it’s done” more that I’d like to. :joy: I’ll rant/leave a bit of insight about the development aspect below.

•  A game of such scale is impossible to reverse engineer and get a fully functional product. In this day and age we still don’t have means to perfectly reverse engineer such big games. Even when you do it with much smaller programs, what you get in the end is a lot of junk code that’s almost impossible to decipher. You still need to do a massive amount of work to get even a part of the code working. So I assume they either have the source code or some documentation to at least build on top of the product (still impossible for such a big game that uses never developed before technology).
  • The fact that two people (no matter how genius they are) have developed such a massive game in such a short time is c.r.a.z.y., absolutely ridiculous and not realistic. :lol: Please don’t think that’s how it is in the real world otherwise new massive games would be popping every two years and developers wouldn’t be working insane hours (a serious concern in the industry BTW).
  • About HJ being the shield for JW – I think it’s plausible. This game relies heavily on visual processing, where it adjusts according to the surroundings. So if we have Emma in game as a non-killable/essential healer NPC then HJ might be recognized as her by other NPCs/enemies (if we go with the theory that the game relies on visual recognition, processing and rendering). In some games when the players interact with essential NPCs they won’t get attacked. 
  • Another interesting thing is what will happen if and when HJ joins the game. There’s going to be 2 Emmas basically and that might cause a huge glitch in game. In games when you clone an NPC the behavior of the game becomes unpredictable, though that’s heavily dependent of how the game was written. For the game in the drama it could go however the writer wants it to go.
  • A few pages back someone asked why anyone would make a game where you have to kill your friends that play with you and why SJ would kill Marco. PVP (Player versus Player) is a huge aspect or RPG games. When you have progressed in game and basically finished all the quest lines then PVP becomes your main entertainment where you can compete with other players. Some stay specifically for PVP. SJ could’ve killed Marco unintentionally. Keep in mind, those two were the only developers and testers for the game. With NPCs it was easy to test the game but for PVP Marco and SJ were the only players, so they would’ve needed to test PVP combat between themselves. While testing Marco could’ve lost his marbles and SJ might’ve killed him, thinking that it would be simple in-game kill but Marco ended up dead for real. It seems like the game glitches when it comes to PVP combat. This is a huge concern and it’s strange that JW’s company hasn’t tested PVP combat before releasing it for random testers. From what I understood those weren’t the company’s employees but random gamers preselected to test the game. This fact is ridiculous yet again. For such a huge game it wouldn’t be on the market or released for user testing before extensive testing was done by testers themeselves.
  • The fact that game devs haven’t found zombie Cha glitch in game is partially JW’s fault. For them to fix the glitch they need to know that such a bug exists in the first place, then reproduce the problem, then analyze where could be the problem and lastly search-search-search the depths of code. If they don’t have the source code, they are doomed. Even if JW was afraid of appearing crazy to his employees, he could’ve simply told them that after PVP combat the game created an exact copy of the killed player and glitched. Seriously, a lot of drama could’ve been avoided if he told his team to investigate PVP  code. The devs would’ve formed an alliance with JW, saw zombie Cha and went to investigate what the heck is wrong with the code. They have such a big company and so many resources to look into that… But, if it’s not a bug in game than it’s simply magic, no other explanation…

Sorry for the long rant, but I had to write it down so that I can enjoy the rest of the drama in peace. :kiss_wink:

Love your entire reply! Yes, for the sake creative license, they have taken too many liberties. I think they got the source codes / access to SeJoo's server when JinWoo asked to use a good performance PC when he was at the hostel rather than reverse engineering the whole thing - They definitely have access to his email.

I especially like your rationale about why HeeJoo is about to block NPC Cha. I personally don't think HJ will join the game, for one thing she isn't a gamer and another is that I doubt JW will let her join. He isn't even letting Director Park form an alliance with him to prove his own sanity. I do understand your point about NPC Cha being huge bug in the game but one might say he doesn't want to open a can of worms by indicating that he killed a person - It might a negatively affect himself and the company. Another alternate possibility is that on JinWoo's orders, the lead programmer actually deleted NPC Emma and HJ would have to participate to act as the Healer. Either scenarios would be interesting! 

I personally do not want a magical or supernatural explanation for this drama - would be a cop out! In a way, most people think JinWoo has caused all the issues, but the real person responsible for this entire drama is SeJoo - he wrote the bloody game and went MIA!

• Like 8

3 hours ago, rocher22 said:

The scene in Granada in that antique shop, it wasnt funny, but it 

made me laugh.

When HJ asked JW what he is doing, and he responded seriously

that he is practicing throwing the ninja stars. :D

I assume that the both ex wives would run away and yell that he is crazy.

But, not HJ, she just stood there speechless.  

I lauged at that scene too. HJ’s expression was like “What ninja stars?” or “he’s definitely gone crazy.” While JW is like “if you think I’m crazy, you can leave” but she didn’t leave, she only showed concerns and cared for his health. 

• Like 7

3 hours ago, stargazer187 said:

Ah... I see. I guess we have different view in this. You don't have to agree with me. :)

It's not about having an opinion. It's the certainty that you use in your statement and that is incorrect for multiple reasons.

1. You possibly could not have done research on a varied sample to put forth a point as if its true

2. Abundance of data in psychology that suggests otherwise

What you can say is "you think", but you cannot tell a third person "Let me tell you" - for a cetainity and misguide and also willingly or non willingly become a party to shaping someone's bias towards people

39 minutes ago, elizabeth said:

I lauged at that scene too. HJ’s expression was like “What ninja stars?” or “he’s definitely gone crazy.” While JW is like “if you think I’m crazy, you can leave” but she didn’t leave, she only showed concerns and cared for his health. 

Not really,

seo had already informed HJ that JW was having hallucinations and doctor has advised to not stress him out. Seo gave her very specific instruction on playing along!

• Like 2

6 hours ago, nateko said:

… But, if it’s not a bug in game than it’s simply magic, no other explanation…

That's what i have been saying,

writer mid way changed her plan or other people did..

she definitely was planning the magic route but i guess rest of the team is at odds about it so now they are trying ot make sense out of it.. and the same rules that applied in iniitial episodes, don't apply now.

E.g. what was SJ running from when there were so many humans around. The "duel" would have ended automatically

• Like 3

18 hours ago, sanika said:

Sorry for cutting in :P But seems like SJ is also stuck in the game and has to follow the game rules. Only players who are 90+ can get the Eagle as an high level item and apparently only those players who have these birds can communicate with each other. Currently there are only 3 players who have crossed level 90 - SeJu , Marco and Jin Woo. As soon as SeJu saw that another player has leveled up, he sent a message through the bird. Whether SeJu knows who Zinu is and what message he has said is yet to be seen. It would be interesting to if SeJu's login  details changed in real lime on the world server.

Rather than sending the codes, most likely SeJu has the game installed on a remote server and sent the login details and link to Jin Woo through email. JOne engineer's probably got access to the server and thereby the codes by claiming rights to game or quite simply by hacking into it. Or even more likely is JinWoo got access to SeJu's computer and phone when he was at the hostel when HeeJoo let him use it.

Thus, it does prove my point that SeJu is somehow following the game events. I was also of the view that SJ is hiding inside the game, but he can also be stuck for some reason. Apparently, him being stuck is quite different from JinWoo being haunted by zombie Cha. JinWoo is somehow still able to come out of the game whereas it seems like SJ has no way out of the game or even send a message out. So that makes me think, is Marco's apparent death the only reason why he is stuck? Assuming JinWoo and SeJu did the same thing i.e unknowingly killed their enemy in duel, then why is the game treating JW and SJ differently..

Hacking is another possibility...yes. But whether it is hacking or JW getting access to the computer, they are only tweaking SJ's original code. They have not created the game from scratch. And also, it seems like nobody knew that special items existed, only when JW was introduced to the eagle by the game, they got to know about them. So it seems like they are developing the game as JW is playing the game.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, akiera said:

At that time jin woo was unaware of the mess behind this game. he only considered this like any other game and wanted to possess it before CHS.

He thought after one or two days Sejoo will appear and since he already offered him the game and sent the email the business will proceed without any harm. His only thought was about being ahead in the competition. 

I wonder if SJ already figured out that the game is acting erratically before calling JW. If so, that was a rather bad move. Poor guy was unknowingly pulled into the mess and his whole life is under threat. 

I hope they won't unnecessarily inject romance into this. I actually really like JW's Melo eyes at HJ but inserting a kiss in the next couple of eps will be a rash move. Well, maybe they will get drunk or the game may demand Zinu to kiss Emma or some stuff like that. But that will feel like just fan service.  Even with all the flaws, this drama is quite good and I hope they won't go down there so soon. If romance was not initially a part of this drama and was later added to rope in actors that will explain the lack of subtlety in some moments. (somebody mentioned this before)

I actually really like this drama (though there are flaws) and will prefer this over KES style aka style over substance dramas.

Somebody was saying that since the writer is a female her perspective from male pt of view is not really working. I think JW is a well-written character though on paper he seems like a jerk. It is his perspective, complexity and Hyun bin's acting/charm that is carrying the show.

bold

I think he did figure out that there is something wrong with the game. The look on his face when Alhambra song and rain started was the look of someone like '..richard simmons-its-here-again'. My original theory was that SJ had called JinWoo in desperation, desperation to sell off the game, you know his last chance to get out of the mess he created. But then he could have sold to CHS also, apparently if CHS is the bad guy then sell the bad game to him also. Maybe he didn't realise the extend or intensity of how much is wrong with the game until very late..

The drama is quite good and after a loong time I have invested myself into a k-drama..otherwise they were all starting to look the same to me(referring to KES type melo-dramas:phew:)

• Like 3