[Drama 2018-2019] Memories of the Alhambra | Recuerdos de la Alhambra, 알함브라 궁전의 추억

Admin

7 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

But zombie Cha went straight after JW in the episode 7, although secretary Seo was before him. Remember that Cha was back stabbed by Seo because he was only looking at JW therefore I doubt that humans can be considered as obstacles in general. Besides, Cha assaulted him at the hospital, although there was this other patient, hence JW took his walking aid. In my opinion, this is different for HJ. She can not be hurt. If my theory is correct (KBS is behind everything), then he doesn't want to hurt her because he loves her. This means that she can be used as shield.  

I think it depends on the location of the human obstacle and where zombie cha appears. In ep 7, seo was not directly in front of JW, there was a distance between them.  Same goes to the patient in the hospital, he was far from JW. There are discrepencies of how the obstacle works. Imo, HJ managed to intercept because she was directly in front of JW and she's not a player. Cha charged towards Seo in ep7/8 because he is a player too. Prior to this, Seo was never around when JW saw zombie cha, JW always managed to escape from Seo's grasps at the hospital.

Theoretically it is plausible that HJ is embedded in the game and somehow programmed by either SJ or KBS to be immortal or immune.

@tiger457_stv yep. I agree Zombie Cha appears at random and at a distance. 

'Imagine if CEO was in the loo and Dr Cha appears in the bathtub! ' -- this would be hilarious and also scary! Hahaha

• Like 6
  • LOL 1
  • Thanks 1

@40somethingahjumma said:  With regards to young men and gaming, I think it's a mixture of escapism and wish fulfilment. You might be an exception to the rule, however.  But I know men even in their thirties and forties even who find gaming a way of giving vent to their competitive spirit and inner aggression. That's how the addiction comes into play. It's often a drug and the effects it has on players can be quite disturbing.

This is probably the reason for the fascination of young/younger middle age men for the zombie genre...
pure unadulterated aggression and escapism.  My nephew is the same...he probably has slaughtered 10+billions
aliens.   Merry Christmas.

• Like 4
  • LOL 2

I wanted to talk to you about a characteristic element of Song Jae-Jung's genius in her stories.

Multi-frame scenes, that's what I call them, I doubt there's an official term.
Something absolutely unique that is not found in other dramas, films, series. Of course, it would take a lot of analysis to find them, I'm not saying there aren't any, and even I'd like to find them if there are any!

Their nature does not allow to find many of them during a drama, from 1 to 3 approximately, they are too complicated to set up to succeed in inserting more, because they depend on too many elements of the scenario.

So for the most part, the scenes and twists and turns, even the most successful ones, have only one frame.
For example, in Batman, the joker says he's going to make a pencil disappear... Suspense.... PAF! he puts it in a guy's eye, the pencil has actually disappeared.
It's a scene that I think is superbly successful and will be remembered. However, it has a unique frame.

What I call a multi-frame scene is a scene that involves several paths that meet at a key moment, or a path that meets a key principle of the story.
This reminds us of the notion of synchronicity. The scene will carry several senses at once.

I analyzed this coldly, after seeing the "multi-frame" scene of episode 5, which is ultra-markable.
It involves several paths and principles:
- The rules of the game regarding obstacles.
- The JW character who is being pursued in a duel, and about to be shot.
- He was found at the last moment by the heroine HJ in an unusual way: all she had to do was to act as an obstacle.
- The feelings that the heroine has developed for him.
(Add to that, that SJJ "pushed the limit" during the countdown in the hospital room, another scene that stands out for its suspense and its refusal to resolve the situation, and that it forces the character to be in the desired place, for the multi-frame scene.)

JW catches the heroin to make a hug.
- for him it's just to save his own skin.
- for her, it's for real.
This combined with the death threat of the virtual zombie, and the countdown in case of an obstacle (requiring the hug to be extended).

The stage is of course very well shot in all its aspects and for all the senses it conveys. Generating a rather incredible emotion but unfortunately for HJ, one-way! Yet the scene, with its slow motion effect when he grabs her arm, would look like all the other reciprocal hug scenes, and it produces the same emotion, while being falsified.

I have noted several multi-frame scenes, only within "W", the most famous of which is the one of Yoon-Jo's confession during episode 7, I don't say more to avoid spoiling, those who know it will be able to analyze the different paths and principles necessary for its implementation, and the implicit meaning it manages to identify (really too strong!!!!).

In her drama Nine time travel, there is at the end one of the most striking scenes ever seen (not to spoil, the hero is in a phone booth, those who know the drama will understand). Of course multi-frame, with a real emotional hurricane at stake. I never got over it T T

I really have no idea how she manages to find that! I don't see any method, perhaps not being experienced enough. Is it just a very great inspiration, coupled with a long experience?
I ended up writing one in my story (I was damn happy!), but it was mostly luck and inspiration (and anyway, I'm not an expert in dramaturgy). I just crossed over some elements, and as if by miracle, a flash of light, I had a series of ideas that led to its development. I may have written some more before that, but I'm lazy to read it all again.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

@stargazer187  Forget about romance.... Just hope no one die at the end! Young gamer or Ahjussi or Noona.

Hope next time while watching HJ sleeping, CEO Yoo does not stroke her hair and leaves her a dagger or a pistol, obsessed as he is about his eternal enemy! Oh, couldn't she find some one safer to moon about...like eternal "almost part of the family" guitar friend?

• Like 1
  • LOL 6

Hello again :)

Why isn't people talking about ROMANCE much??

Seriously y'all are invested in game than romance? hahah

To be very frank i'm here to watch there romance :wub: Yes i like there game to, but but my heart is just for those two people.

This slow romance is like too much to handle. After listening to "IS YOU" album and lyrics, i'm so done. It clearly portrays HJ feelings. OMG

I think many are not into that part because of not clear explanation from HJ(Writer's fault). We are seeing the drama from JW perspective, so nobody till now knows how HJ feels. (Again writer fault!)

After being one year apart, they still care for each other - AWWW (It shows how much they must have meant to each other before separating)

We are slowly seeing JW feelings for her, still not strong!! But oh my for only one "I missed you" from him, made me go awwww..

He's super handsome and his expressions seeing HJ (How can someone look so HOT?). They both look so good. SO GOOD!!

Did anyone think that car scene was romantic where JW reverses his car to pick her up? That whole scene was nicely done. And hahah how can he offer drink to HJ.. I was laughing at that, i guess he likes when HJ is angry , so she can talk her heart out.

I guess by now we should have opened soompi thread for our OTP. Who is with me? hahah

NOTE : I will be greatly disappointed if there is no kiss scene next episode. Common seriously another 4 weeks this is gonna end :ph34r:, and till now no nothing? No skinship to? Whaaaaat ? :angry:

• Like 9
  • LOL 1

22 hours ago, pattsue said:

Referring to this scene, is this guy some one that we know ? or merely just a non-important NPC?

TO BE COMPLETELY HONEST, this guy could be CHS or KSB. I have no idea why but the eyes could be either one of them or, like you said, a non-important NPC. 

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote pics! Thanks! :)
  • Like 5

10 hours ago, sanika said:

Good point, but as I said in my 2nd post, if Marco was heavily wounded or wasn't expecting HS to attack and had his back turned around or something, he would be easy game.

As for SeJu having interaction with KSB, I really doubt the latter even knew about the game. SeJu is a classic gamer recluse type. They can only really connect and trust someone who is as addicted to the game as he is. Which explains his friendship with Marco, because "he gets it" as compared to even his family who are so loving. Also, I firmly believe that SeJu is really smart and came up with the idea of patenting the game under the business name all by himself.

Eagerly waiting for most flashback scenes in the upcoming episodes :D

I have another far-fetched theory regarding Marco being a hacker and his drug addiction in context to the game. I was wondering if Marco was experimenting with drugs in order to deliberately blur the line between AR and reality, make the mind think that it is a real situation to enhance the effect of the game. And if he did somehow manage to incorporate this into the game, does that explain the death of CHS?

I clearly have no interest in the outside game world storyline :P I understand gaming addiction as I love games myself :D  

pretty sure CHS just died..

like he died.. but unfortunately the random variable happens in midst of more weird things

could it be, that death indeed didn't have anything to do with the game..

like cha was so unhealthy and depressed , was going to die anyway :P

5 hours ago, stargazer187 said:

@wenchanteur as a female writer she did good in writing a male centered dramas. I have watched her 9 times time travel, this is my fave so far, QIHM, not really impressed by this tho, and W, it's good it's just she breaks many rules and kind of inconsistent on several part. And MoA, I also wonder with how she has that brain for this great imagination and nice plot. Tho it also still has its flaws. But nobody's perfect as well as the things too. In short, she is a good writer. But there some part of her narrative needs to keep its rules. Well, it's just my opinion. 

her flaws are exactly the same.. don't you sense it?

i think its the director, the way he portrays things,90% of the script's flaws have been taken care of.. i see the obvious effort in making things believable/ possible.. whereas i can clearly see how her original idea would have been complete merging and illogical magic angle

the big difference definitely is because of the director.. from plot inputs, maneuvering the story, and the screen quality

• Like 5

HELLO I'm new to this, but I just wanna talk about how JW and some other player faced each other with a gun in the train to Granada. I'm not sure whether this topic was talked about before but honestly, if that other player is zombie CHS (which I believe is [DISCUSSED LATER]), JW can get badly hurt or even die. Since they've already showed the beginning of this scene at the preview, he probably won't die because maybe HJ will be there to save him?

THE REASON WHY I THINK IT IS ZOMBIE CHS: We all noticed the sudden storm outside and the guitar playing, and since JW is used to this he knows zombie CHS is coming. 

See, I'm thinking that after JW tells HJ all about the game (to explain to her how SJ is alive), I have a feeling that HJ will start playing the game as well. My theory is that after HJ forms and alliance with JW (which is highly doubtable) and leaves for Granada along with JW(except that JW didn't know that they were on the same train), HJ could save JW from the gun shot by attacking zombie CHS. She'd hear the sudden storm outside and the guitar playing, thus letting her know something's coming.

Of course, this is only valid if she formed an alliance with JW. Otherwise, if it was zombie CHS, she wouldn't be able to see him and what's going on with JW in the train... unless she coincidentally sees JW on the floor, and seeing that he's on the floor, she runs to him to help him up, thus becoming an obstacle between JW and zombie CHS. 

I still believe JW won't die from it though, as they already showed the beginning of the scene in the preview. Might get badly hurt or just close to death once again :tears:

I don't know if this makes sense hehe, I just wanted to share my thoughts.

• Like 8

9 hours ago, stargazer187 said:

@40somethingahjumma the writer makes this to be more male centered rather than female centered. So the female character got very little progress. But ending of ep 7 makes me hope that she could be much fiesty. I know some people keep complaining that she cried a lot. But as someone ever pointed out that PSH can cry well with emotion. We can feel her heartbreak. I don't really bothered actually. She cries with a reason to do so as everyone explained in previous posts. As as the slow burn romance, honestly, I expect the romance more :D, tho I don't mind how they slow down on romance part. But they have reached half way of the drama. I don't like if the writer suddenly throw it all at once only at the finals. 

I don't have a problem with the drama being more male centred but when they bring in a big name like PSH, I expect her to have a bigger role than just romantic interest. The first 6 episodes was set up in such a way as to lead me to think that she would have a bigger role. I'm cautiously optimistic that it will come good in the end ;)

but right now I find the romance rather wobbly... and her character's the one that is all over the place. Like you and @rocher22 have pointed, there are some lovely moments between the OTP... scenes that tell me that they care about each other but I don't like the way they make HJ the extreme opposite of JW. It tells me that the writer hasn't put much thought in the romance... that she's just relying on tried and true drama tropes especially when she actually has some quite innovative storytelling ideas about almost everything else. 

Certainly gaming and gaming development is largely the domain of males and so it makes sense that guys dominate this story and there's a kind of chauvinism... which there is... in how women are objectified in games. For example: The dressing of Emma by CYJ like his own personal toy/paper doll... I thought she looked lovely in all her outfits... but she's absolutely a fantasy figure for him to play with in his safe space of not actually having to woo her. 

There's no doubt that the writer is clever and that's why people are still watching it despite having reservations on some fronts.

9 hours ago, tiger457_stv said:

@40somethingahjumma

This is probably the reason for the fascination of young/younger middle age men for the zombie genre...
pure unadulterated aggression and escapism.  My nephew is the same...he probably has slaughtered 10+billions
aliens.   Merry Christmas.

Hah... yes... In peacetime, it has been said, that men use games/sports to release all their aggression. Gaming is one avenue... sports is another... Safe places for them to "kill". Even in the drama the duel between JW and CHS exemplified that kind of wish-fulfilment fantasy. It was supposed to be JW's safe place to act out all his long-standing resentment, anger and need for revenge. Control is another element of what that's about.

That's why I wish they had done the autopsy because I am certain that CHS died of other causes. It could be the excessive drinking or it could be foul play. I also think that Zombie CHS is a programme written to bring JW to his knees.

There are people who live with me who have done their fair share of killing aliens and humans onscreen as well. ;)

4 hours ago, tiger457_stv said:

Forget about romance.... Just hope no one die at the end! Young gamer or Ahjussi or Noona.

Hope next time while watching HJ sleeping, CEO Yoo does not stroke her hair and leaves her a dagger or a pistol, obsessed as he is about his eternal enemy! Oh, couldn't she find some one safer to moon about...like eternal "almost part of the family" guitar friend?

Heh. I don't think it's that sort of show. But then I've been known to be wrong. ;)

I suppose people watch dramas for all kinds of reasons which is why the great majority of Kdramas feel obliged to include romance even when it might be wiser at times not to.

I don't like "almost part of the family" guy that much... can't root for him... :P But the more important thing is that she's not in love with him. Some women are just drawn to dangerous men. :D The safe guy that you've known most of your life don't cut it.  ;)

2 hours ago, ash011 said:

Hello again :)

Why isn't people talking about ROMANCE much??

Seriously y'all are invested in game than romance? hahah

[snip]

NOTE : I will be greatly disappointed if there is no kiss scene next episode. Common seriously another 4 weeks this is gonna end :ph34r:, and till now no nothing? No skinship to? Whaaaaat ? :angry:

You've probably answered your own question... Heh... 

Sadly, there's not a lot that can be said in that area.

But the game... that's endlessly fascinating... because it's actually evolving. Also without the game there would be no romance.

• Like 10

Park Shin-hye Greets Everyone in Red on Christmas Day

Guardar

2018/12/25 | 214 views | Permalink | Source

photo1025158.jpg

Park Shin-hye looks beautiful in the newest photos she posted on Instagram on the 25th.

She's wearing a red sweater and looking at the camera. Her big eyes and fair skin make her look like a goddess.

Meanwhile, Park Shin-hye is starring in the tvN drama "Memories of the Alhambra".

photo1025159.jpg

Source : www.newsen.com/news_v...

• Like 6

2 hours ago, stargazer187 said:

Yes, I sense that. I watched her QIHM, W and now this. 

Well, I see that the director has good records before this. But maybe you right about the director might have some inputs and give some changes to some details or aspect of the script. But I can't really say that it was 90 % taken care by the director. Because I don't have any prove to support this idea. Judging from only one side will make it fail to be objective. 

yea yea. i didn't mean literally 90% only director

• Like 2

On 12/25/2018 at 11:55 AM, katakwasabi said:

Since they are returning to Granada in ep 9-10, i cant wait to see more of this :lol:

Since you brought this video again, I watched it once more to analyse ..thanks.:)

-JinWoo looks down to check that his leg is working fine..it seems he is kind of surprised himself..as if he is not believing that the thing actually work. So what if he asked his programmer to fix his leg, at least in the game and that's why the sudden shock that woah..it worked!

-Some people are screaming, some are clueless and absolutely fine..and I am still confused regarding this..

-How come HB's hair is looking so silky..:D

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

50 minutes ago, siddy09 said:

Since you brought this video again, I watched it once more to analyse ..thanks.:)

-JinWoo looks down to check that his leg is working fine..it seems he is kind of surprised himself..as if he is not believing that the thing actually work. So what if he asked his programmer to fix his leg, at least in the game and that's why the sudden shock that woah..it worked!

-Some people are screaming, some are clueless and absolutely fine..and I am still confused regarding this..

-How come HB's hair is looking so silky..:D

Hyunbin is good looking and all in that scene but why is there no interuption from the other passengers on the train. JW was slammed against the door, he was kicking and jumping around. Were all of them drugged and fell asleep so they cant hear any noise? :sweatingbullets:

I'm confused why no one is weirded out that there is this dude who is making a ruckus in the middle of the train. Imagine being a passenger on that train, in that carriage, suddenly theres this guy walking up and down the aisle with his arms flailing around, jumping, suddenly thrown by an unknown force. At least there would be someone what will call the train staff for help, no? And there might also be someone that recorded his actions using a smartphone and post the video on media social hahaha.

• Like 4
  • LOL 2

55 minutes ago, siddy09 said:

I think its due to Emma.. It was mentioned before that Emma is a healer

• Like 4

About romance and the lack of it..

I agree with one of the comments here that it seems like this show is 80 percent gaming and 20 percent everything else. If you calculate the average ratio per episode, this seems true. However, you need to consider the fact that this whole gaming-vs-reality takes a considerable chunk of the script to explain what is actually happening. I think this time as compared to W, the writer has made an exceptional effort to make things as comprehensive as possible(although there are still loopholes..but anyways). Those who have watched her last show W, would feel the difference. Hence, it is understandable that why don't some us feel the connection between our OTP yet(I do)!

Park Shin Hye made a comment in one of her interviews that the gaming stuff was deliberately pushed back in order to make some room for romance, hence this further proves that maybe writer's first preference indeed was to explain the game as much as possible. However, I don't agree that we have been completely deprived of romance or rather should not expect any of it. I suppose the slow-burn-romance is the trick in this show. Both our OTP, particularly JinWoo is carrying a sizable emotional  baggage with him which kind of restricts him to be romantically involved. Same is the case with HJ; her family and being the sole bread winner. Also, don't forget that this not a rom-com or rainbow/flowery kind of drama so don't expect sugary romance. If you are doing so, then you will be disappointed. The mere fact that our male OTP had two ex-wives proves that we will get to see a mature-ish kind of interaction between leads. We will definitely get more skinship, I am sure about that and this writer is absolutely capable of giving a 'cute-ish, awww' kind of romance(she gave that in W). Though I doubt that she will give that same in MOA..I feel we are more likely to get a hubby-wifey kind of romance..lol..if that makes any sense.

Anyways..fingers crossed for a kiss in ep9!:D

• Like 8
  • LOL 1

18 minutes ago, pattsue said:

I think its due to Emma.. It was mentioned before that Emma is a healer

So JinWoo went and met Emma in that Alcazba cafe in Granada. Why would he do that when he knows the programmer has deleted her already? But maybe she isn't really deleted..but I feel Emma's role is significant regarding something else. Something more related to SeJoo and his hiding..

@katakwasabi

I feel those who are sitting peacefully, they are actual passengers and those who are screaming they are part of game. Maybe the passengers just have assumed that he is a cuckoo or something..lol..but it will look so funny

• Like 2
  • LOL 2