[Drama 2018-2019] Memories of the Alhambra | Recuerdos de la Alhambra, 알함브라 궁전의 추억

Admin

Beautiful, powerful  and soulful vocals - Ailee

0003923823_001_20181220090634908.jpg?typ

sings OST 3 "Is You" I believe the lyrics highlights HJ feelings towards JW.

PSH looks stunning and Im glad its the cover of this single.

Spoiler

0003923823_002_20181220090634934.jpg?typ

Release date: 22nd Dec around 6pm KST

Cr https://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=109&aid=0003923823

We heard a snippet of it at the end of ep 6, the english lyrics: "my heart is you.... my love is you" :heart:

• Like 7

2 hours ago, maris1 said:

Thanks @Maris for this summation of the JW-HJ situation and their budding romance. I am absolutely on board with this opinion. Both of them were subjected to extreme situations which let their guards down with each other and tends to be a cohesive factor in their relationship at the present level. One can really feel the helplessness with this situation as what HJ is experiencing, the bewilderment, the pity and of course the budding feelings of love for JW Especially as HJ is still clueless about the truth. As of now, aside from the events that i don't want to analyze coz it defies logic thereby making my head spin are the following what ifs playing in my mind:

1. Will HJ eventually learn about the game? Will her budding feelings for JW turn to hate? Will she get involve in the game

2. From their interview Emma is an NPC and a healer, is JW in a hurry to reach level 5 so he can talk to her and she can heal him? His wound was sustained because of Dr. Cha who is an NPC now since he is dead, it was sustained in a game duel but healed in a real hospital. How will Emma figure in this game then?

3. How will SJ survive when he is even invisible in the eyes of JW who is still trapped in the game?

Sigh...so mind boggling:blink::joy:

• Like 7

Home > TV

‘Alhambra’ star Park Shin-hye donates washers to firefighters

By Lim Jeong-yeo

Published : Dec 20, 2018 - 16:07 / Updated : Dec 20, 2018 - 16:07

“Memories of the Alhambra” actress Park Shin-hye has donated washers to firefighters. 

S.A.L.T. Entertainment said Thursday that “Park Shin-hye has always felt gratitude toward firefighters for their hard work and wanted to be of help to them. She came to learn of LG’s new laundry machine exclusively built for firefighting gear.”

Park has donated 50 million won ($44,000) for the purchase of 20 such washers for Seoul’s Gangdong and Songpa Fire Stations, as well as fire stations in Park’s hometown of Gwangju. 

The actress plays the female lead in tvN’s weekend TV drama “Memories of the Alhambra,” which is also available on Netflix. She takes on the role of the older sister of a missing genius game developer.

(tvN)

By Lim Jeong-yeo (kaylalim@heraldcorp.com)
  • Like 6

You know, this show reminds me of an old David Cronenberg flick called eXistenZ. Although that was more VR than AR but there's something familiar about the way the line between reality and fantasy gets blurred in this. Already I sense the layers of various realities at work.

Anyway it's just a thought... I've only watched the first episode and a little of the second so I could be jumping the gun here. I don't doubt the young lad has literally got caught up in his own game in some fashion and I certainly hope some kind of explanation can be given.

I jumped on board for a look-see because of the writer, who penned the wonderful Nine. Always glad to see Hyun Bin especially after three years... and nice to be reminded of what a terrific performer he is but in truth it's really the concept and the writer that are the biggest drawcards for me.

Surprisingly humorous although more chuckle eliciting stuff than laugh-out-loud. I did enjoy watching HB's somewhat hoity toity CEO trying to unclog the toilet and "navigating" his way around the single room on the sixth floor. ;)

• Like 6

REALLY late post.

But

OH.

MY.

GOD!!!!

:scream:

I'm so glad the trailers were kinda vague and all over the place cause I went it with a completely open mind and I am BLOWN AWAY!!

So many questions but I'd rather not know the answers...yet. (the experience is better this way...for me at least)

Every episode ends with a huge question mark. And the beginning of every episode explores a new portion of the story we never expect. This show is just AMAZING so far - the plot, the actors, the AR element (LOVE it) and the (extremely well-paced) romance! :wub: 

Can't wait for the change in setting now that they're back in Korea and where and how their (WJ and HJ) lives will intertwine again. I have a strong feeling she holds an extremely vital key for the game and how it will progress moving forward :w00t:

• Like 14

18 hours ago, stargazer187 said:

@siddy09 I like your theory on SJ. You right that time the game was fine and JW logged out of the game. He started playing again after he didn't find SJ and noticed there's another users around playing like him. He found that the user is no other than his ex-friend and rival enemy CHS. Then if the game start acting weird if the real human who played it got killed then could they call this as the bug that needs to fix. Okay. Let's say we accepted this idea. But how do you think about the game really killed them in real life while medical results showed that they're mysteriously died and the cause is unidentified yet. CHS was known to be an alcoholic recently,  stated by his dad to DIL SJ. Before he met JW to have a duel that night, he has drunk a bottle of wine or beer, the point is he drinks alcohol. So to make all this logical to me. I'm going to think that he died because of that. Sighh.. but the drama confirms me wrong and I feel so confused on this. 

I think HB just want to emphasize that JW is a better gamer than he himself. So I doubt that the game will have 90 levels. Lol. But if they do, that will be exhausting to play it all the time just to reach final level. 

No problem, but since you're here. Why don't you try watching this too? Hahaha

IDK..but I can't say about how the game killed them in real life. Maybe that's where real world and AR world is merging..I have kind of accepted the theory that JW himself gave..that he killed CHS with his sword and the murder will remain mysterious to the real world because they can not see the game world. Lol..will anyone believe JW if the reason he gives for CHS death is a game duel which ended up in death. I suppose no, hence its a mysterious death. Though I am not sure why Prof.Cha talked about conducting a autopsy when they never intended to do so..I guess writer also wants us to believe JW's reasoning and put all other facts under the rug..-_-

4 hours ago, rocher22 said:

That bouquet of red roses was screaming ''I like you''.

The card was a bit cold.

The phone call  was the coldest. Lol..I suppose it was the bathroom floor effect or maybe zombie effect.

*rule* don't talk to your future wife when you are sitting on the bathroom floor or when a zombie is knocking your door..:D

• Like 5
  • LOL 3

18 hours ago, DOCDOC said:

Agree with this.

I do agree with you.

16 hours ago, maris1 said:

I liked and tend to agree with dramabeans summarising JW-HJ relationship progress from beginning to the end of episode 6...

sharing with you all...

http://www.dramabeans

Also, look at things from Hee Joo’s Perspective too...

1: JW has been the first saviour in HJ’s life at a young age of 27. For many years she has just singlehandedly taken care of 2siblings and grandmother. By no means sign of a weak person. SJ realises that fact which inspires him into creating Emma after her. Grandmother acknowledges her hardship through the years as she hugged HJ...Min Joo lays it straight to JW that HJ is too good for him. Her family knows!

Still waters run deep couldn’t be more true for HJ. There is a underlying strength that cannot be seen in her outer veneer.

( Though at some subconscious level I think JW realises that...)

2: JW is also the first one who appreciated HJ as a classic guitarist since her becoming guardian of her family and encouraged her more than once to take it up again. 

3: We all agree JW was charming in his dealings with HJ since his about turn realising he needed her for his gain. If we find him charming despite knowing he was not being upfront with HJ...we can surely understand her liking him..:D

3: JW falls in her hostel...in that single moment his personality changes from the assured, confident charming suave self to one with irreversible handicap, hallucinations & seizures having undergone surgery.... diaganosed with ‘stress related paranoid ideation’ seeing/fearing a dead person with a sword like a ghost of his ex friend. Now on sedatives to keep him calm.

All these events are quite a lot to absorb in a single day by any standards. We know why...but HJ does not! 

HJ also feels burdened by the fact that accident happened in her hostel leading to JW in this state...Her emotions were stretched to max in series of events within a short period time. Therefore, it is not surprising if she gives in under all the stress & sheds tears when HJ held back in JW’s embrace pleading to stay there a while; final straw being when she hears him utter the words

“ I’ve gone crazy”

Do we call that weak? Unreasonable? Out of place?

or

Do we see another good side of HJ...?

The empathy, compassion, pity , concern for someone she considers as her saviour, for one who brought a ray of hope for a future for her whole family and their happiness ....

now reduced to obvious physical and mental challenges/ handicaps

There is much more ...but one thing is for sure...

HJ has a silent strength, admirable loyalties, ethical values, empathetic, loving and loved by her family and people she comes across in her daily life...

That’s something that we cannot say for

JW, females surrounding him and his life.

JW & HJ both provide each other what each is lacking....we can see that through the multitude of events involving them

I think ...At subconscious levels they do register & appreciate what each brings in each other’s lives..

i look forward to the development of their story together...which though headed for love but not there as yet !

Sorry for the long monologue....

.... there is still a lot left to say..:D

I’m with you. Thank you.

Hope not.  Until now I still wonder why they bothered to cast Yoona in Confidential Assignment. 

On 12/19/2018 at 2:25 PM, NileRose said:

@DOCDOC big thanks but do you mean their characters of course hahaha:kiss_wink:

Wow then Emma is different from HJ or the opposite I can't wait 

As Park Shin Hye and Hyun Bin ha ha ha. How not to ship them???

• Like 7
  • LOL 1