[Drama 2018-2019] Memories of the Alhambra | Recuerdos de la Alhambra, 알함브라 궁전의 추억

Admin

8 hours ago, siddy09 said:

Since everybody is trying to figure out whether PSH's character has any depth or will she be reduced to being a doormat, here are my two cents..:)

The only show that I watched of PSH is Heirs(and of HB's Secret Garden), so they are like on equal footing to me. And that's why I was excited to see their pairing. Character wise, its obvious that HB's JinWoo does have a tad bit more weightage and I suppose its natural since the show is all about technology and games. PSH is doing a fine job, I mean she is doing what is being directed to her. And neither do I find HJ's actions out of place. People were saying about the last crying scene, well, it was JW who sent her flowers and she herself questioned as why did he sent flowers when he is not interested in talking? Also, she was guilty that instead of helping a 'deranged' person, she went out to party; and then suddenly he left without even a proper goodbye. I guess guilt, sadness plus the sudden loss of so-called 'magic' made her cry(the magic in HJ's case is love..its already established)..yes the intensity of crying could have been reduced, but who cares its dramaland!

Now, does her character have any depth? As of now, she is any other K-drama heroine who fell for 'the wolf'.. Her real challenge will begin once 'the big truth' is revealed that both her brother and her potential love interest have actually gone bonkers due to some random game which went haywire. I want to see PSH's acting at that moment, because that will determine her acting capabilities..I hope she will not disappoint.

Also, I do believe that the writer does have more for PSH in store otherwise she would have not introduced 'Emma's' character in the game/drama. What I don't want to believe is that HJ would remain in dark till the very end, that would be unfair to her. 

Lastly, when I think again, I suppose its actually better for our viewers sanity that at least HJ is still in the 'real world',..I could actually differentiate between the two worlds because of her. Plus, its also too early for her character to jump in the NPC brigade that we have..at least someone should remain 'real' and sane till the end!(because people were saying that she should start playing the game)

PS. Is it only me or CHS was actually affected by JW's words in the bathroom? He seemed to be moved..:crazy:

ahh this!!!

people complaining about crying while they never appreciated the totality of her portrayal as a young strong head  'matriarch' of her family. 

love the BTS of HB, he seems bubbly and smiles a lot off-cam <3 

• Like 8

Hiii,

Well in my opinion, crying is not a sign of weakness. If someone cries, it does not necessarily mean that they are weak hearted- strong but emotional people cry too. As far as PSH is concerned, her character (as someone pointed out) is the head of her family. She is the breadwinner that too in a foreign country- it is no easy to make a life for yourself in a country you don't belong to, where people look different and speak different. To sustain in such a setting at such a young age with so many dependents is not for the faint hearted. 

• Like 10

Some fan cam IG updates of the filming in Korea...look JW has upgrade in his weapon - the gun and his not limping? 

Spoiler

Love the Xmas tree

or maybe his just rehearsing...his limping in this shot

So sad, filming will end at the end of this month. All casts must still keep secret of the plot. 

See source - https://m.entertain.naver.com/read?oid=109&amp;aid=0003923403&amp;l

• Like 10

3 hours ago, alindahaw said:

It felt off that Jung Hee is already head over heels with Yoo Jin in just a small amount of time they have been together. Why is she running for him like crazy on that train like they have a storied past or something... i dont know.

Did Jung Hee really running for him? Or, Maybe  this is just in Yoo Jin AR world? 

But, don't they look good together? :D

cr: the owner

• Like 9

Well, for some of HJ's crying scenes, to be honest I can't really relate or understand, too.

But I agree with what some people have mentioned above, when watching dramas sometimes viewers just gotta roll with it haha.

I think that's just how her character is written.

And I personally still appreciate PSH's good work for portraying HJ's character in here <3

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Raquel Bastian said:

Also, I do believe that the writer does have more for PSH in store otherwise she would have not introduced 'Emma's' character in the game/drama. What I don't want to believe is that HJ would remain in dark till the very end, that would be unfair to her. 

I totally agree with everything you said! I am absolutely sure that we will see a big change in HJ pretty soon! The best is yet to come! I am really enjoying this drama, the performance of the casts, and just imagining what can/will/might happen in the future, makes me thinking alot, and at times questioning my sanity! Lol! :D

Fighting Shin Hye. I believe and trust you! For me, you the best! I am with you always, to whatever place this AR is taking us, I am all for it! :heart:

• Like 6

I love Park Shin Hye at MOA - her acting is getting solid.

And I think it's very appropriate for HJ running and crying at the station scene :love: it portrayed HJ's soft heart.

However, there're many styles of running in the Korean dramas.

This - running and applying lipstick - is one of my fave running scene in the drama. *Sorry off topic* :D

tumblr_nk2iehKCjT1r54tyro1_250.gif

Credit: to the owner - kill me heal me I Tumblr

• Like 2
  • LOL 7

12 hours ago, stargazer187 said:

@katakwasabi lol, I agree with your sentiment. Sometimes when we watch kdrama we need to deactivate our logic or be in a fantasy mode. Throwing out your logic through the window and it makes you watch comfortably. 

Nice analogy! I couldn't agree more. 

Hahaha. I like my dramas to have a logical explaination. I dont mind fantasy dramas/time loops etc but i like it be explainable and not haphazardly put together with no substantial meaning or narrative. I dont usually deactivate my logic , thats why i find some parts of MotA hard to watch. But i'm intrigued with the game part and also zombie cha. Which is the main reason why i'm still watching and just rolling with the story. HB looking dashing as JW also helps a bit :lol:

• Like 4

I love this scene. I pity JW and if it wasnt for this game I feel that JW would never let go of his need of revenge and anger with Cha. Since his divorce he always wanted to seek revenge and now that he got it he feels guilty. He believes he killed Cha though in reality it still remains a mystery. I hope Cha's haunting will make JW find out how he died. Maybe then Cha can really RIP and stop haunting him. 

Spoiler

The ending of ep 6, why couldnt we hear the rest of JW thoughts :bawling:

Spoiler

JW: "I fled Granada in fear. I couldnt afford to think of someone else's feelings. However..."

However what?? Argh...Saturday seems so far away. yellow-hair-girl-emoticon-25.gif?1301940

@PororoQueen maybe HJ can run while applying Mamonde lipstick on. KEKEKE! PPL at it's best :lol:

• Like 3
  • LOL 4

3 hours ago, DOCDOC said:

[TRANS] #ParkShinHye and #Hyunbin interview about #MemoriesofTheAlhambra.

Cr yysy_

:love:  GUYS, THEY WILL LOVE EACH OTHER SO MUCH...I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE THEIR LOVE :love:

@DOCDOC big thanks but do you mean their characters of course hahaha:kiss_wink:

Wow then Emma is different from HJ or the opposite I can't wait 

Edited by Berou
Please do not quote images. Thanks :)
  • Like 5
  • LOL 1