[Drama 2018-2019] Memories of the Alhambra | Recuerdos de la Alhambra, 알함브라 궁전의 추억

Admin

37 minutes ago, dramaobsessed said:

I want more insight on his previous marriages, what went wrong between him Dr. Cha and his father to make them such enemies...I feel the secret to the game gone wrong, somewhat lies there... Prof. Cha looks like a greedy old man who will stop at nothing to make sure he gets his way, even if it means getting rid of his own son somehow...as he hit him in front of his friend and ordered him to leave...What was that all about?

Dr.Cha to me also seemed like an abusive person, for whatever reason, his wife was extremely scared of him, as he had angry fits, and it didn't seem like they had a healthy relationship as she told JW they were never happy...Is there any possibility at all that he faked his death somehow? using his knowledge of the game and is trying to use it to cause JW to loose his mind?

I'm also concerned that HJ and her family are not really concerned about the disappearance of her brother, they even moved back to Korea in the coming episode? he was still a minor too..no matter what patterns he has demonstrated in the past, she seems more concerned about a JW a stranger who she barely knows than her own brother...

Why didn't JW let HJ in on the game? when he asked her to bring the lens, I was hoping she would put them on out of curiosity and see part of what he sees, at least that would help her understand him...she comes across as someone who would believe him and trust him if he told her the truth even if she knows nothing about the game...

As for the romance element, I see that he is slowly falling for her or at least was attracted to her since that episode where he muttered to himself, "You're looking for trouble", which by the way sounded to me like a sexual innuendo HAHA

I think something about her innocence touches him especially after being surrounded by wolves, such as his 2nd wife and his ex-friend who stole his first wife...his first wife also seems somewhat innocent...

I also feel that he feels like she is his safe heaven, not only in the game but also in reality from his complicated mess of a life...

I still don't know how she fell into selling the hostel to him, I mean I know she was desperate for money, but the way he pressured her to sign with time, to me should of hinted to her that he was desperate for the hotel and would do anything to own it...

As for her falling for him, all I can say is he is super handsome...thanks to HB and that nonchalant, confidence and charm has a way of tugging at a girl's heart...For some girls especially those with low self esteem when a guy withdraws it just makes them go crazy over him even more, that's the only way I can explain that running after him crying at the train station (the typical kdrama scene haha) I guess after sending her a huge bouquet of roses she thought their relationship is finally going somewhere only to be hit by the realization that he is leaving for good without even saying goodbye...

If this was real life for me, a man like him would be a huge red flag, someone who is still technically married, twice failed marriages, he already has a negative view of marriage, to me that is a disaster of a man who will string you a long and keep you at his convenience without fully committing to you, but for the sake of drama land and for the Handsome leading man, I'll play along.... 

Side note...I have only watched HB in Secret Garden and Kim Samsoon and why don't I remember him being this sexy/handsome!!!!!! Seriously I need more of him LMAO

Thank you all for reading my super long thoughts lols

Where did you get the idea that zombie cha is abusive? He seem to be fine with his wife, only after JW was mentioned that his wife took offence. I too am interested to know more about JW's background. I think zombie cha was not a totally bad guy, i think he's just misunderstood. I still wonder why cha's wife was so angry at JW when he came after cha's death and even blamed JW. But then she agreed to not do the autopsy. Which i really hoped they actually did. Huhuhu

• Like 2

Okay these two episodes were dragging you to your seats because I could understand how any person feels that you were just playing then somewhere in your mind you got your revenge from a person who gave you the most pain when he became envious of what you earned and gained. Although this person who gained something have no right to neglect his/love ones — you became a suspected murderer. That’s mind boggling. 

Going back to the technology which is the focus — this Memoirs of Alhambra is like a game movie I have watched where the leads were suck into a hole of board game and the only way to win is find the programmer that was also inside the game.  Dr. Cha might be dead but he now leads the life inside the program. He was into the game and the best player.  Se Ju is also suck in the program.  JW is new to the game but can able to be in AR and drama reality but his loosing his sanity.  The encounter of Emma is new to him. He’s being greedy too.  

To these two episode we build up the encounter of two scarred souls to save a scarred soul (Se Ju) from a greedy soul (Dr Cha). 

Professor Cha something is not okay with him.

Mentor/Manager

-Musical score; music effects astounding

-Videocut imperfect but forgivable (remembering HDMP’s bad video transitions)

- Seung Joon - I forgot he was also Hyun Bin’s side kick during Hyde Jekyll where he was also crazy.  His acting is spot on too.

Secretatry Jung Hoon - this guy is not so handsome but to put up with Hyun Bin’s classic bantering that he has the looks the height to charm any woman hahaha. 

First wife and second wife — good actresses to be pathetic 

Min Joo little sister — I love her straight foward conversation with JW! Hyun Bin must put to her intelligent stance! 

Chemistry of Hyun Bin and PSY okay I am in they are so beautiful. Again, never a fan of PSY and I found a perfect match for her in bring the best of her. 

Hyun Bin - I am crazy of his acting I missed all his drama and movies. He is really my bias. He have the looks and the skills! 

• Like 3

I'm so invested in this and can't wait for the next episode but at the same time I want the story. Like I want to know what the actual story is. What is the point of all this, why is it happening? Who the Big Bad is? Why SJ created this game and what is he involved in? Enjoying it so far but I want the story.

• Like 6

Not sure if anyone shared this before. I think NPC Cha never went away because the first guy Zinu shot after coming out of the train toilet looks a lot like Cha.

45630994164_608fe79787_c.jpg

And seju means 世主 (the master of the universe), which explains why his name is saved as "Master" in heeju's phone. Seju is the master of this AR universe too.

• Like 6
  • LOL 1

1 hour ago, katakwasabi said:

Where did you get the idea that zombie cha is abusive? He seem to be fine with his wife, only after JW was mentioned that his wife took offence. I too am interested to know more about JW's background. I think zombie cha was not a totally bad guy, i think he's just misunderstood. I still wonder why cha's wife was so angry at JW when he came after cha's death and even blamed JW. But then she agreed to not do the autopsy. Which i really hoped they actually did. Huhuhu

@katakwasabi

In Episode three when Cha confronts his wife concerning meeting up with JW, she suddenly starts over explaining herself, that is one sign that a person is scared or hiding something, trying to over explain so that the other person doesn't misunderstand or get angry. He barely says anything but asks her a question and she goes hysterical explaining herself, at this point she is even breathing heavily.

He then doesn't say anything but gets up and walks towards her, but she looks uncomfortable and takes a few steps back as if she's unsure of his reaction. It doesn't look like she feels safe with him. At this point he tries to reassure her that she is misunderstanding him, another tactic abusers use...gas lighting.

When he leaves to meet JW, when she calls him to ask where he is going and who he's meeting, he is very curt and short with her, saying "she doesn't need to know" and hung up on her!!!! I'm sorry but a loving Husband woudn't dismiss his wife and hang up on her when she is concerned about his whereabouts, he would say something more reassuring even if he doesn't mention who he is meeting with.

In the beginning of Ep 4, In the morning when the wife wakes up and realizes that he never came back, she starts reflecting on what happened before and we see a scene of the past again we see her hysterically over explaining the conversation she had with JW. There is no reason for her to have such a hysterical response if she wasn't scared of him or worried about something. Then we see a scene where he threw a glass with wine on the wall while she is standing right next to the wall, she screams...

Abusers may not directly inflict physical wounds but they may either shout, and throw things in rage, just enough to scare you so that you would comply with them, after the incident they usually come back to you very remorseful explaining why they did what they did so that you would feel sorry for them and not leave them.

Which is what he is doing in the next scene he says to her "he is not mad at her...she needs to understand him", as he brings her close to him in an embrace, at this point she has tears in her eyes. He is crying saying "in this world she is the only one who understands him" another tactic used by abusers to make you feel "special" their only saviour or the only one who truly loves them so that no matter what they do to you, you would stick by their side. Its you two against the world kind of scenario, something abusers also use to isolate you from others.

She tries to ask I think her Sister to call JW, but she is so scared she doesn't even want to mention JW's name. When the sister calls JW her brother in law, she goes hysterical again...almost as if she is scared. Usually abusers will scare the victim into even mentioning the name or anything to do with the EX because they are super jealous. 

I think when she bumped into JW as well she was very uncomfortable almost like she was scared...not of him but of someone else...

LOL This is how I came up with the conclusion that he was somewhat abusive to her...I think I need to go back and rewatch some scenes, now that we know what has happened so far, going back and paying attention to the various characters reactions and facial expressions can give more clues...

• Like 7

3 hours ago, frozentundra said:

I just feel like there is a lot more to the story of JW and zombie friend (and the professor). I keep hoping to hear more on that. 

Also, I agree that PSH's outfits look nice. That purple-blue dress is really pretty on her, and I love her little fox slippers. :)

IDK but I feel there is nothing much in their story except for the fact that zombie Cha was a little bit more ambitious than JW and wanted his own company. Not only the company, he wanted JW's wife too. Obviously, Prof.Cha who I guess is the major investor or something, is against his son's ambitions. JW's anger is justified at any point. And to some extent the first duel too between them. He only wanted to level things with his so-called enemy; however, to JW's misery, the game totally went haywire..!

Maybe there is a lesson for the overtly ambitious and vengeance seeking individuals, life is not a game always, there are repercussions  for your actions.

I suppose neither CHS deserved to die, nor does JW deserve to go all bonkers over something that he didn't intend to do. 

• Like 3

Aaahhhh.. This drama brought me back to the forum after months passed by. Hyun Bin dimple smile is unforgetable. Glad my family members also have dimple too.. Ah, so cute my niece and nephews. 

Ok back to MOA. Everyone will relate them to SAO (Sword Art Online) and W. Marvellous storyline. Keep me wanting more. The player in SAO, unable to log out from the game. So, they have to stay alive in the game until succeed but their body stay alive during the years while malnourish. However in MOA, the player play in real live with special lense and looks like losing mind. Imagine you are seeing JW play over and over again fighting with the statue. Crazy, right? To prove his uncrazyness, he MUST wear the lense alllll the time. So, his staff can monitor his daily routine in the game or life. If they recorded the duel, they can proof that JW is not crazy. It's understandable why he wanted to kill HS while playing in the game. Only in the game.

JW is a lonely person. He is highly ambitious and successfull. But, usually they said Great People either die young or live miserable. But, I want him to be loved and happy. 

I dont even care about his wives. 

Yes, you have to IGNORE the logic if you want to enjoy this drama. Very fast the healing goes. One day, JW has bruises in his face after few days, the bruises has gone. Bye bye. And to be able to wake up normally after operation or sedate, is a miracle. From my experience, when my brother fell from climbing tree(about two story building), he required five operations and two years of recovery. Not a complete recovery. One hairline fracture at his pelvis and 4 parts of broken bones in his right hand (luckily his is left handed). Within two days after emergency operation, he always collapse/fainted when he tried standing on his own. Again, just forget about logic in the drama. Just as watching the cute LJS in W. 

Now, let us wait for next episodes. JW need to heal - physical and mental. And we need to focus to the reality too. Work, family and friends. 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, __jesse said:

Not sure if anyone shared this before. I think NPC Cha never went away because the first guy Zinu shot after coming out of the train toilet looks a lot like Cha.

And seju means 世主 (the master of the universe), which explains why his name is saved as "Master" in heeju's phone. Seju is the master of this AR universe too.

Yeah, I guess Dr.Cha would keep on reappearing unless the game ends or he manages to defeat JW in the duel...he didn't disappear when JW first defeated him in the park, nor did he vanish when JW reached up to level 5. Also, JW has tried other weapons too, all are futile.

Anyways, I was thinking that JW leveled up from level 4 to level 5 just by defeating Dr.Cha again, so who was the enemy in level 4?.or I guess you were only supposed to buy new weapons in level 4 and use them against your enemy...

• Like 2

Watch: Park Shin Hye And Hyun Bin Are Total Pros Behind-The-Scenes Of âMemories Of The Alhambra,â EXOâs Chanyeol Shoots First Scene With Hyun Bin

Dec 17, 2018
by R. Jun

In a new behind-the-scenes video for “Memories of the Alhambra” released on December 17, Hyun Bin and Park Shin Hye film an emotional scene in the rain, and Hyun Bin meets EXO’s Chanyeol for their first scene together.

Hyun Bin and Park Hoon rehearse a sword fight, and Park Shin Hye and Hyun Bin work out the mechanics of a hug.

Once the actors are ready to start filming, they start the rain. As Hyun Bin and Park Shin Hye are waiting for the director to call action on an emotional scene, Park Shin Hye, who is already crying, has to wipe her tears several times before the scene begins.

Hyun Bin and EXO’s Chanyeol then meet for their first scene together. In order to get a one-take shot, Chanyeol has to quickly run and get into position laying on the ground as the camera pans.

Chanyeol does this several times, and chats with Hyun Bin in between takes.

Watch the behind-the-scenes video below:

https://www.soompi.com/article/1279549wpp/watch-park-shin-hye-hyun-bin-total-pros-behind-scenes-memories-alhambra-exos-chanyeol-shoots-first-scene-hyun-bin?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Dumu3V5UcAA4Ztc.jpg

Emma guitar!!

• Like 6

21 hours ago, enigmatic_zephy said:

did you really think he was asking for an opinion?

I thought both times he had an agenda.. although i am still not sure if he wanted

1. Ask for autopsy because i can't as i have to keep pretending i care for JW

2. Don't ask for autopsy because i don't want to hurt stock price and the company that means eveyrthing to me

and the actress playing SJ...like i just feel bored when she is onscreen.. she is always crying.. more a fault of writer i guess

Well..., SJ didn't talk much, she was being cornered by her father in law's angry remarks about her past. Those remarks and like you said, she is always crying, made SuJin a strange wife to me. She acted weird when her husband asked about her brief coincident meeting with JW. Also, I have the impression that Prof Cha is testing her. Otoke.... I'm curious JW all ex- wives :D

• Like 2

On December 17, Good Data Corporation released a list of the most buzzworthy dramas and cast members from December 10 to December 16.

List of Top 10 Buzzworthy Dramas

1. JTBC’s “SKY Castle” (14.73 percent)
  2. tvN’s “Encounter” (14.28 percent)
  3. tvN’s “Memories of the Alhambra” (13.8 percent)
  4. SBS’s “The Last Empress” (12.17 percent)
  5. SBS’s “My Strange Hero” (4.72 percent)
  6. JTBC’s “Clean with Passion for Now” (4.24 percent)
  7. MBC’s “Less than Evil” (3.96 percent)
  8. tvN’s “Mama Fairy and the Woodcutter” (3.42 percent)
  9. tvN’s “Top Star Yoo Baek” (2.96 percent)
  10. OCN’s “God’s Quiz: Reboot” (2.78 percent)

DumC9xpU8AASKtb.jpg

List of Top 10 Buzzworthy Actors

1. Park Bo Gum – tvN’s “Encounter”
  2. Song Hye Kyo – tvN’s “Encounter”
  3. Hyun Bin – tvN’s “Memories of the Alhambra”
  4. Jang Nara – SBS’s “The Last Empress”
  5. Yoo Seung Ho – SBS’s “My Strange Hero”
  6. Park Shin Hye – tvN’s “Memories of the Alhambra”
  7. Jo Bo Ah – SBS’s “My Strange Hero”
  8. Kim Yoo Jung – JTBC’s “Clean with Passion for Now”
  9. Yoon Kyun Sang – JTBC’s “Clean with Passion for Now”
  10. Kim Bo Ra – JTBC’s “SKY Castle”