[Drama 2018-2019] Memories of the Alhambra | Recuerdos de la Alhambra, 알함브라 궁전의 추억

Admin

So what now Heeju left to Seoul without Seju?! :/ she wouldn't do that, I mean when she was selling the Hostel she called him to ask for his permission, but now she leaves without him? I don't understand!? .. and that train station scene broke my heart .. poor Heeju :( 

Now, how they gonna play the game in Korea, if it's all based in Granada?! Did Seju have another location for it also?!

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

[Memories of Alhambra] Ep 6 spoilers, Park Shin Hye x Hyun Bin x Park Hoon

memories.png
Article: Naver 'Memories of Alhambra' Hyun Bin leaves Granada without a word... Park Shin Hye bursts into tears 

1. [+2040,-26] The scene where Hyun Bin talked to Park Shin Hye over the phone in the bathroom, he's so pitiful. 

2. [+1638,-62] Ah, a really fun drama is born. 

3. [+1244,-28] Since he's level 5 now, can't he go and meet NPC Hee Joo in the cafe? I think Hee Joo holds an important key. 

4. [+1026,-35] What's with the preview? Hyun Bin is so cool. 

5. [+965,-63] Today is the day where Hyun Bin's acting skills explode.. Even if it's not real, he has killed his friend twice, that guilt, sadness and fear, those feelings were conveyed so well that my heart hurts... He keeps pushing Hee Joo away when his heart goes to her all the time. And his eyes when he stares at Hee Joo running.. It's really sad but my heart fluttered... I know that Hyun Bin is good at acting, but this role shines even more because it's Hyun Bin!! 

6. [+900,-10] Wow...... Whenever the guitar plays, I feel like I'm going insane. ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ

7. [+715,-38] With Hyun Bin's face, if he asks to stay, which woman wouldn't? I'm fine even if I'm the 30th wife. 

8. [+709,-38] Park Shin Hye's sister is really cute. She fits in so well in the scenes where she appears with Hyun Bin. Hyun Bin wasn't acting, but it seems like he was really laughing. 

9. [+626,-24] But whenever Hyun Bin is alone, I get nervous too;;;;; Seems like I'm going crazy.

alhambra.png
Article: Naver 'Memories of Alhambra' Park Shin Hye to Hyun Bin, "Why do you make me worry?" about to cry 

1. [+213,-43] Looks like the story didn't progress.. ㅠㅠ

2. [+164,-49] Guess I have to stop watching. They are going to have a duel till the 16th episode, there's no story. You call that a story when all he does is avoiding Cha Hyung Seok? 

3. [+161,-47] Even when she cries while delivering her lines, her pronunciations are clear. Park Shin Hye's pronunciations and vocalizations are good. 

4. [+100,-5] I'm scared to death.... 

5. [+87,-9] Why does he keep appearing even after dying? 

6. [+46,-0] He's already level 5, why isn't he meeting the Park Shin Hye who plays the guitar? 

7. [+50,-19] The story is the same for the first 30 mins as yesterday's... Is this an infinite loop?? 

8. [+37,-7] As expected, this scriptwriter is only good at writing beginnings. But there's nothing to focus on. She only has ideas, but there is no story in it. It has always been that way. 

9. [+23,-3] Park Shin Hye is so pretty. 

10. [+28,-9] I didn't realize this until yesterday.. But I'd like it to be a little faster.. Just about 1.2x faster.. 

• Like 5

Thank you @Kasmic

Hmm...I think Su-Jin's refusal in getting her husband's autopsy is sounds suspicious - SJ father in law sincerely asked her opinion means that Prof Cha respect her as part of his family. No autopsy will kept us the viewers wander for the rest of the drama. But, I'm sure in the future the cause of the Zombie Cha death will be revealed. I feel that SJ always not happy, and even when she's heavily pregnant, her husband gave her very little attention....*clue?? No??*

I'm hoping to see Zombie Cha re-appearance. I think it's funny that he will remain as a zombie (He's the second lead actor anyway) - how lucky Cha Hyung Seok is in this drama, he only need to be around in suit, covered in blood holding a sword ready to attack JW.

Hey JW is now level 5 - but he's leaving Spain next episode - how can he use his chance level 5 to communicate with EMMA at Alcabaza Cafe? duh... they have to go back to Granada.

• Like 4

Okay..what to say after watching episode 6. I think I am also lost in the bathroom and in a daze like JW.:unsure: 

Those who are complaining that there is no pace and as a matter of fact zilch progress in the story after the two after  episodes, I am with them. After episode 6 zombie Cha is still roaming around(he didn't disappear even after leveling up) and dude how many times are you going to die?? We don't know where is the brother nor we know anything about the next levels of game, or if there is a bug in the game.

They will play the game even in Korea..huh? So zombie will follow him there also. 

On the romantic aspect, well I can see that the writer tried to develop some liking between the two in the episodes but its very fast and very slow at the same time. I mean anybody would be concerned for a deranged person like HJ is. I like the chemistry and scenes between them but right now they seem scattered all over the place. And I do agree with JW's dialogue that he is not in the right mind to care for someone else's feelings or be invested in love.

Anyways, I think SJ must have contacted HJ somehow because I don't believe he is dead. Otherwise it would look so stupid that she left her brother. Also, I think the brother did come Korea and maybe that's why JW came to meet HJ..it's just a hunch..:unsure:

I hope we will reach at least somewhere in the next episodes. And please writer just make that zombie disappear. It's not even scary or thrilling anymore!!

• Like 3

Hello everyone, I am very happy to see you again on this forum and to read your comments.

So, about episodes 5 and 6, I would have tons of things to comment on, but it would be really too long, I'll try to summarize... it's so difficult.
I have the feeling that I have totally entered into the drama. Episode 5 was totally fabulous. Completely phenomenal, what an incredible scenario again from Song Jae-Jung!

- The scene where JW is in the hospital room and waiting for the countdown to end. In any scenario, this would have happened, but the writer pushes it to failure at the last moment, and to a totally desperate and unexpected situation. JW, wounded and unfit, forced to flee, facing certain death.  All this to bring the scene where he will take HJ in his arms, because she is "obstacle" to the duel. With a situation in false pretence, HJ sincerely in love with JW, but he thinks above all of his survival. And yet the scene is so intense in terms of sentimental intensity.

- The love story begins, with a depth and intensity that surprised me. Many details were very pleasant to me, such as the teasing character of the sister, who tries to "arrange the meeting". The moment JW realizes that the only person who stayed with him during his convalescence was JH. And of course, the end-of-episode scene where she runs to catch his train.

- JW's former wife, really very pretty, dressed in a very sexy way, playing the perfect slu;t. Certainly a little caricatural, but the actress is so cute that it goes so well.

- JW, who we learn is a fool in terms of his feelings. Obviously, he's never really loved anyone. He considered his first wife as a possession that was stolen from him, and his second as... maybe a very hot adventure that turned too quickly into marriage. It is clear that for the first time, he is beginning to experience what true love is.

- As I anticipated, it was JW who fell into the building. A six-floor fall, which will handicap him for life with one leg.

- I was hesitant about how JW entered the virtual world. We have the unambiguous answer, he didn't have his special lenses. Maybe the game made a short circuit directly on his nervous and cerebral circuit? Who knows? Or just, it's pure fantastic. Those who can see the game, and who are drawn into it, are physically affected by its consequences. I obviously bet on the latter option.

- The atmosphere of paranoia very well transcribed, the intelligence of JW who understands that he must lock himself in confined spaces. As he's doing that, he look a little mad (this reminds us of a story by H.P. Lovecraft! about Tindalos Dogs). The fact that instead of justifying himself, he will directly say that he considers himself crazy. I haven't inventoried it, but there are so many surprising situations or behaviours that go against the meaning of a classic story.

- Overall, the cold and sober production lends itself well to the very dark, disturbing and mysterious atmosphere of the story. I'm not going to criticize the director any further for an obvious reason. Anyway, it's his film that we see, so we might as well make the most of it.

- I have repeatedly felt chills and goose bumps. Wow! Wow! That's why I'm here too!

- Damn!  I edit this post at the last minute, I forgot to mention the incredible performance of Park Shin Hye's actress <B

It was my very enthusiastic vision of these last two episodes!

• Like 6

4 hours ago, enigmatic_zephy said:

so, don't forget, it has been only 2 days on the day HB is in hospital and sister is matchmaking.. so in reality not more than 3 or 4 days have passed before HB left back for Korea, and who knows maybe she moved to Korea in a week itself..and maybe brother would dissapear for a month.. so its normal.. or marco left a message to calm family down

Okay hopefully the brother suddenly appeared in korea next week. Still doesn’t make it right leaving to Korea without the brother. 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, diane90 said:

I already watched W..... it's the same

It means there's no boarder line between reality and virtual

In W...... lead character came out from manga world

and here, they come out from the games.

and the same... the writer only focuses on lead male character;

the female is second role; so why after the airing of W,

the writer said sorry to Han Hyo Joo

No, I need to rectify this intervention.
In "W", the main character is Oh Yoon-Jo, the woman.
Not only does she solve a majority of situations, but above all, she is the one who serves as the anchor point for the story from beginning to end. It is through her that history is witnessed. This doesn't reduce the importance of the male character, but it seems obvious to me, from a script point of view.
With regard to "alhambra memory", however, it is clear (for the moment) that the male character serves as the anchor point. This is reflected in the number of off voices reserved for him, just as the majority of the off voices of "W" came from Oh Yoon-Jo.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, elfkk said:

Okay hopefully the brother suddenly appeared in korea next week. Still doesn’t make it right leaving to Korea without the brother. 

ya.. so that's why i said, either she got some message/ email to kind of keep her worries at bay..marco is still there right

No matter what Cha's death has to have a murderer .. maybe marco.. or has to be heartattack/ natural death due to game..

otherwise, will HB really die if cha kills him and he loses in the game? doesn't look like it..

its a signal, can't even open doors, so his kill means nothing.. the only deal is that the mind feels the pain.. because everything seems so real.. and now eye nerves are also linked to server..

3 hours ago, PororoQueen said:

Thank you @Kasmic

Hmm...I think Su-Jin's refusal in getting her husband's autopsy is sounds suspicious - SJ father in law sincerely asked her opinion means that Prof Cha respect her as part of his family. No autopsy will kept us the viewers wander for the rest of the drama. But, I'm sure in the future the cause of the Zombie Cha death will be revealed. I feel that SJ always not happy, and even when she's heavily pregnant, her husband gave her very little attention....*clue?? No??*

I'm hoping to see Zombie Cha re-appearance. I think it's funny that he will remain as a zombie (He's the second lead actor anyway) - how lucky Cha Hyung Seok is in this drama, he only need to be around in suit, covered in blood holding a sword ready to attack JW.

Hey JW is now level 5 - but he's leaving Spain next episode - how can he use his chance level 5 to communicate with EMMA at Alcabaza Cafe? duh... they have to go back to Granada.

did you really think he was asking for an opinion?

I thought both times he had an agenda.. although i am still not sure if he wanted

1. Ask for autopsy because i can't as i have to keep pretending i care for JW

2. Don't ask for autopsy because i don't want to hurt stock price and the company that means eveyrthing to me

and the actress playing SJ...like i just feel bored when she is onscreen.. she is always crying.. more a fault of writer i guess

• Like 3

1 hour ago, wenchanteur said:

- JW, who we learn is a fool in terms of his feelings. Obviously, he's never really loved anyone. He considered his first wife as a possession that was stolen from him, and his second as... maybe a very hot adventure that turned too quickly into marriage. It is clear that for the first time, he is beginning to experience what true love is.

- Damn!  I edit this post at the last minute, I forgot to mention the incredible performance of Park Shin Hye's actress <B

I am agreed with this. I think this is his first time beginning to experience what true love is.  THe first time , He feel there is someone who truly cares for him, not because of money or anything. But Because is him. And HJ , for the first time, she Feel the Magic come to her life. so why not? if she care for him with so many thing happen between them. Love is not something we can control, sometimes we can love at first sight, sometimes we still don't feel love even we already have been friends so many years. 

The House name is Emma, Maybe Hee joo english name or spanish name is Emma 

45 minutes ago, elfkk said:

se ju email her noona . " Noona, it's me ". Maybe This is the only way seju can communicate with her noona. Because he become a digital character too , right? He a programmer of his game. so He maybe he can hack his game for contact his noona. 

DukAkZtUYAEiu2O.jpg

Ratings 181216:  #MemoriesOfTheAlhambra: 7.9% 

• Like 6

43 minutes ago, DOCDOC said:

I am agreed with this. I think this is his first time beginning to experience what true love is.  THe first time , He feel there is someone who truly cares for him, not because of money or anything. But Because is him. And HJ , for the first time, she Feel the Magic come to her life. so why not? if she care for him with so many thing happen between them. Love is not something we can control, sometimes we can love at first sight, sometimes we still don't feel love even we already have been friends so many years.

The House name is Emma, Maybe Hee joo english name or spanish name is Emma 

se ju email her noona . " Noona, it's me ". Maybe This is the only way seju can communicate with her noona. Because he become a digital character too , right? He a programmer of his game. so He maybe he can hack his game for contact his noona. 

Ratings 181216:  #MemoriesOfTheAlhambra: 7.9% 

Ah I forgot that scene. So he still in touch with HJ through messages.

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote pics! Thanks! :)
  • Like 3

I think I understand hee ju character. I think SJJ already explained all why hee joo worried? hee ju care about Jin woo? Hee joo is a kind heart and warm person not someone whos is cold or don't care person. Please see from heejoo personality. Jin Woo fell from six floor on her hostel. With her personality, of course she feel responsible and worried. is not strange at all for feel like that, remember she a warm and kind heart person. Not someone like his second wife personality.  for more, Jin Woo just buy her hostel. and give her magic in her life.

Jin woo already love Hee Joo, but he just keep denied. 

• Like 6

Ep 5-6...hm, I'm partly liking it, and partly frustrated. I feel like there are a lot of action scenes that are a bit repetitive and don't move the plot along. Neither episode really moved the story along this week. I love  the scenery (seriously, I want to go to Spain RIGHT NOW). I think the acting is great. Of course all the cgi is well done. But I feel a little lost on the story. It's not confusing; it's just not really moving. Is no one concerned about the brother? He seems to have  fallen out of the story. I think Hee Joo is understandably upset and concerned about what happened, I mean, this guest fell from the sixth floor of her hostel. (Side note, it's medically hard for me to believe he can be that active--or even alive, for that matter--but hey, it's dramaland, right?) Meanwhile he's sending some signals that any logical person might think mean that he is interested in her. But they have only known each other for a few days? And we the audience know he really is not even thinking about romance, I don't think he even gets it. So while I can see the logic in HJ's reactions, and I do think PSH is doing a great job with the character, I'm not actually feeling any chemistry because it's just not there in the script? He has bigger issues going on, such as a zombie only he can see who can nevertheless kill him....

Somehow I thought that Prof. Cha would figure out or at least be interested in something about the game. But no.

I also thought that we would have more of the human element, ie some progress on the relationship between Jin Woo and his ex-friend-now-zombie. Since he keeps coming back, after all. But...there's no change there, either. Not unless you count zombie friend listening instead of smashing the shower wall when JW started to talk to him there at the end. 

@scarletlover1 Yes, 2nd wife does look like Kim So Hyun, I had to look her up to  make sure she was not. 

I'll keep watching because this writer did write my favorite drama, but I'm hoping that some of the pieces come together soon, and also that the human element becomes stronger than the game element. There's only so long you can watch someone else playing a video game, after all... At some point, I want the real characters to actually interact. Or at least the real story between JW and zombie friend to develop, instead of just silent game figure zombie appearing. The game forms a nice background, but I want to feel something more than just running from zombies. 

• Like 5
  • LOL 1