[Drama 2018-2019] Memories of the Alhambra | Recuerdos de la Alhambra, 알함브라 궁전의 추억

Admin

Wow, what a nice ep. 17:w00t:      

It started with another flashback of bathroom scene in the ep 16.

Alhambra16-00320.jpg

Cr: Dramabeans - MOA

(That scene was so funny, all other players in good manners, patiently in the line waiting to get their first sword. :lol:)

I'm imagining the players discussing on how to get the swords (and they spill the secret among new players behind them). 

I bet the key to get the sword is not by pulling the towel handle on the wall (just like JW did) - forget it, we don't use towel at public washroom. So more likely they have to flush the toilet at least twice, then the sword coming from the attic.

(Just Kidding....it's all in my dream!!)

Wew...first weekend without JinWoo, hope he's doing okay.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • LOL 4

13 hours ago, packmule3 said:

But as I said in one of the comments on my blog, do not be stuck with these small details. Go for the BIG PICTURE that the writer and director want us to see. There’s a postscript shown in the final credits. “Trust is the magic that changes the world, not the technology.” When you focus too much on the “technology” or the MECHANICS of the show and the logic of the GAME, you lose the real meaning of the kdrama. Go beyond this. :D

OMG THANKYOU for giving me such a long and comprehensive reply ! and really loved this quote btw. This quote doesnt apply only for MOTA but actually for kdramas we watch. 

nice knowing you and your blog see you in another forum! :grin:

• Like 6

It seems that the drama is over for good, and the comings and goings are decreasing on this forum.

So, before it's too late, I have something to say.

This is the first time I have been involved in following a drama as the episodes are published in this way.
It was really a wonderful and unforgettable experience.
I felt the warmth and friendship of all the drama enthusiasts, and there were many fun moments.
So, thank you all, I am delighted to have met you here.

Unfortunately, I don't have any more dramas in sight to start this again soon, and all my time is spent writing.
I hope, however, that the opportunity will present itself before the next Song Jae-Jung drama.
And at worst, I hope to see you all again on this occasion, in one or two years' time.

:tears:......:cry:......:dissapointed_relieved:......:bawling:

EDIT: I know that there are people who want to see "W" soon. If they want to share their feelings on the subject of the forum dedicated to "W", I will gladly go with them on this forum.

• Like 4
  • Love 2

@wenchanteur it was nice interacting with you and all of our friends in these thread sharing everything and good memories about epic MoA, writer Song Jajejung & W. Well appreciated all your inputs  :thumbsup: See you around and wishing you well on your W: Two Worlds season 2. ;) Until we meet again with another fantastic SJJ material. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, rori0711 said:

where are our recappers @Kasmic @katakwasabi @ktcjdrama , the show's latest episode started already :tounge_xd: 

You tease! For a second there I really thought I missed some kind of announcement and there is a new episode! 

I haven't been hanging around soompi these few days. Had to sit for an exam yesterday and was busy preparing for it, then had to entertain some out-of-town guests. Only saw your tag just now...

I actually haven't watched ep.16 with subs due to time constraints. Will do that soon. 

• Like 3
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2

@ned_lee Yes we can change our profile pic to whatever we want now. I cant believe its only been a week since MOA ended. Withdrawal symptoms is so hard .... I miss the casts so much. 

@rori0711 if only there were more eps Im sure we would gladly recap some more. Loved how you accidentally stirred some members here thinking there were some special eps :joy:

DxM5q35UUAIuix2.jpg&key=2a06296d7ac94c89

Wow this scene here was when JW first fought the Nasrid Knight to level up right? so there is no actual knight statue there. The CGI editing team replaced it. COOL!  :w00t: 

@scarletashin wow glad you found the BGM. Naw we have such generous fans willing to share. Im still looking for the Little Prince female version too. I wonder if it will be in the original artists solo album. I even tried the instrumental version but still no luck... Please tag me again if you see it. Thank you again :D

@yuhotarubi I asked my sister if she finished watching MOA... 

Her: Loudly groans

Me: bursts out in laughter knowing that her answer is a yes

Her: bloody hell what was that. He went thru so much to only get lost himself. 

Me: still laughing, yes its now Finding JinWoo! but if you believe then his there. Apparently the drama is all about believing. 

Her: I subscribed to netflix to see that.... argh! i feel cheated. 

Im still laughing and we def need a drink tonight. 

@wenchanteur Goodluck with your writing. As always I loved reading your post. I have yet to watch W, the faceless Prof Cha scared me so I couldnt continue it. Maybe I should brave myself and try again lol! 

I guess its a "see you again" in another thread... and Im most certain we would. 

Some memories are worth saving

pKJtD5e.gif

credit.  GJWJ 

• Like 3
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2

37 minutes ago, rori0711 said:

@wenchanteur it was nice interacting with you and all of our friends in these thread sharing everything and good memories about epic MoA, writer Song Jajejung & W. Well appreciated all your inputs  :thumbsup: See you around and wishing you well on your W: Two Worlds season 2. ;) Until we meet again with another fantastic SJJ material. 

You know what? I'm writing one of the most heartbreaking scenes in the drama actualy.
I am led to feel all the emotions that flow from it, to better live it and better transcribe it.
Which means I'm really crying right now....

:bawling:

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, wenchanteur said:

You know what? I'm writing one of the most heartbreaking scenes in the drama actualy.
I am led to feel all the emotions that flow from it, to better live it and better transcribe it.
Which means I'm really crying right now....

:bawling:

Let it out...We all need a good cry sometimes. Just like how i cried for Jinwoo x Heejoo. They meant a lot to me.

Dx6uPXFU8AAui7p.jpg

ctto

@Kasmic I'm thankful for our gifted artist who blessed us with MoA goodies. So much creativity and passion had been poured in all these beautiful gifs, fanarts, fanvids, etc. How do we contain the brilliance of MoA in all them is still a mystery. btw, i read somewhere that plaza was located in Slovenia.

@ktcjdrama missing you & your recaps dear... have i disturb your rest? hahaha

here' another warfreak reaction on MoA's ending. I bet @Kasmic can relate hehehe

cr: as tagged

Memories of the Alhambra Ending Explanation

ITS A CLEAR CUT HAPPY ENDING. WHY?

I know that  many people are really dissatisfied with this drama’s ending. I personally thought the writer trying to be creative with her ending but kind of backfired as many people got confuse with the game concepts and thought that the bug cycle was repeating themselves over and over again now that Jin Woo is still stuck in the game. 

On the surface, the drama ended with a bittersweet note with a glimmer of hope at the end. However, after a second viewing, I have to admit that it is after all a clear cut happy ending. I realised many small details that the writer gave to us – that it was clear that despite the ending is ambiguous, the writer aimed for a happy end to both of our main leads. First of all, lets clear the confusion regarding the concept of the game world. 

1. At first, I thought that Emma, while one of her features is to delete bugs, is a bug itself as she’s the reason why the game world and the reality world collide when Marco stabbed Se Joo with real knife. I mean, if she’s not there, the whole mess of the game become real wouldn’t happen as Se Joo will just bleed after the stab and probably recover after he go to the hospital. Jin Woo wouldn’t be in that mess and the only one suffers is only Se Joo with the stab wounds on his stomach.  

2. Marco is Se Joo’s bug thus he do not need to be deleted for Jin Woo to reset the game. Bear in mind that Se Joo is the one who create this game and he set the rules. Among the rules are those who gave Fatima the Key to Heaven will win the game and become the new Master. And he also put one of Emma’ s features is to delete bugs and once bugs are deleted, the game will reset. And that is exactly what Jin Woo did; level up, get the key, kill the bugs and hand over the key to Emma and Emma reset the game. 

3. Jin Woo made sure he killed all of the bugs and also sacrificing himself in the process to end the game’s sinister elements. Since he already do this and reset the game to zero, there are no more evil cycle of one has to sacrifice themselves to save the others. Once Emma reset everything, it is a new game without bugs/errors/glitch. J One lost all the data and build the game back from scratch that is why it took them another 1 year to release the new game as they have to rebuild everything. The good thing about the whole thing is that is game is finally safe to be played unlike Se Joo’s original game which mix game world and the real world. The writer made it clear that the evil part of the game was buried once and for all when Jin Woo sacrificing himself at the end. 

4. It was obvious that Yang Ju finally delete Emma from the new game when we hear that he regretted of keeping Emma where Emma in the end reset the whole game and delete all their hard work for the past 1 year. So no Emma, no more glitch in the game. There is no more Emma so the features of her to delete bugs and reset back the game is no longer there as well.  

5.  Regarding whether Hee Joo can see Jin Woo or not, she can see him as she is wearing lenses. All game users can see Jin Woo if he made an appearance that is why the guy at the restaurant insisted that Jin Woo is not NPC but an advanced user. ‘Instant Dungeon’ is to make one become invisible from the enemies and hide themselves. Se Joo did hide himself for 1 year as Marco is there to hunt him so he keep using the instant dungeon feature to remain safe. Jin Woo in the other hand just use the feature to save himself from getting deleted by Emma. So if he didnt use the instant dungeon feature, other game users can see him. The problem is getting him out of the game and I believe that is Se Joo task to do that.  

And now the for ending, the writer purposely tell us about the 'Instant Dungeon’ and how a user can use it to hide themselves. And later at the end, it is shown that Jin Woo after all did use that feature to save himself. But why is he helping in killing low-level NPCs for other game users just days after the game was released? It is not actually a 'Master’ task to do that and he knew the game is now free from bugs and no one is getting killed for real. But he did it anyway. Why? He did that as a call of help to alert everyone that he is after all still alive but somehow still stuck in the game. He clearly let them know that he is still alive by helping the other game users. Now that Hee Joo knew that he is alive and hidden, it is only a matter of time for him to be saved just like how he saved Se Joo the year earlier. So, technically, it is only a matter of time before he can get his happy ending. 

I am pretty much disappointed with the ending but upon second viewing, it wasn’t really that bad like I initially felt. The writer for surely aimed for a happy end, it just that, its not in-your-face type of ending like other dramas.

http://tsuyoi-hikari.tumblr.com/post/182230625269/memories-of-the-alhambra-ending-explanation

• Like 4
  • LOL 2
  • Insightful 5

1 hour ago, rori0711 said:

have i disturb your rest? hahaha

Not at all... just a mild frantic attack :P 

@Kasmic I recommended my little brother to watch also when we were still halfway through. I don't know if he's started or not, or whether he will start a netflix subscription :lol: I will share his reaction when he finally got back to me

• Like 3
  • LOL 3

18 hours ago, PororoQueen said:

Wow, what a nice ep. 17:w00t:      

It started with another flashback of bathroom scene in the ep 16.

Cr: Dramabeans - MOA

(That scene was so funny, all other players in good manners, patiently in the line waiting to get their first sword. :lol:)

I'm imagining the players discussing on how to get the swords (and they spill the secret among new players behind them). 

I bet the key to get the sword is not by pulling the towel handle on the wall (just like JW did) - forget it, we don't use towel at public washroom. So more likely they have to flush the toilet at least twice, then the sword coming from the attic.

(Just Kidding....it's all in my dream!!)

Wew...first weekend without JinWoo, hope he's doing okay.

:lol:

I didn't complain when the writer wrote so many crying scenes for Heejoo because I could easily justify each and every one of them (don't make me bore you with my analysis, lol), but this scene, @PororoQueen is downright sexist:naughty:

Alhambra16-00320.jpg

pic credit: dramabeans

I bet you didn't see it, right?

Look again. How in the world would women acquire the sword if the darn sword was in the MEN'S restroom?

Let's file a lawsuit now for sexual discrimination and seek equal access to men's restrooms. :phew:

@angelangie

I loved the show although it's vastly different from the last kdrama we watched together. You've never let critics stopped you from liking what you like, so this one shouldn't either.  Read my blog if you need help understanding some points along the way. You know me, I wouldn't steer you wrong.... :rolleyes:

• Like 5
  • LOL 4

After having worked more than 15 hours since yesterday, I have just finished this epic episode I mentioned earlier.
A hell of a marathon during which I didn't take many breaks! So with the enthusiasm, I can't help but talk about it and annoy everyone.

In a half-hour episode, 13 flashbacks, only 3 of which are reminders of previous scenes, necessary to understand the action. Temporality is a relatively respected one, except for two or three that do not respect the real chronology, but it gives a good effect.

It's not as unstructured as what Song Jae-Jung does, but it still has a hell of a face!

The division of the scenes is extreme, 36 scenes, where usually there are only 20.
This is a rather good sign, because it corresponds more to a real cinematographic cut-out.
Episodes of "W" season 1 often have 70 to 75 scenes, spread over one hour.

I think back to episode 15 of MOA which is totally hallucinating from a flashback sequence point of view, and their completely anarchic chronology. Now it's clear that I'm very far from that. Fortunately, because I realize that my episode is immediately more difficult to understand in simple reading. On the screen, however, it would pass, and I could take more risks. At least if I would be able to do so.

If Song Jae-Jung rewrote my episode, it would be hot, the audience would pay high prices, there would be tears!

EDIT: I just found some correct French subtitles. I'm going to watch the drama again right now. ^^

EDIT AGAIN: As I watch the drama again, episode 1, at the 24th minute.
JW takes free ramyuns offered by Hotel Bonita.
They are identical to those of the Korean meal I told you about.
Pasta to soak in boiling water + two sachets containing the ingredients for the soup.
You can clearly see JW unfold one of these bags and throw the contents into the hot water.

EDIT AAAGAIN: You remember the conversation that took place here.
Some people wondered how JW could hear the sounds, while using JOne lenses.
Episode 1, 32nd minute: you can clearly see his earpieces!!!!! YO! YO!

• Like 4
  • LOL 3