[Drama 2018-2019] Memories of the Alhambra | Recuerdos de la Alhambra, 알함브라 궁전의 추억

Admin

4 hours ago, silvianage said:

Can you give me the title? I try to found it in itunes but can not find it yet

thanks

When looking at the list from the full album provided by @Kasmic I didn’t know which title was the song lol so I just went to YT to search it and behold I found it. So happy someone posted it up ;) it is not on ITunes yet. Just on YT.

here it is: 

I always think of JW and Sec Seo when hearing this. Love these two!

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

@vangsweetie637 and @Kasmic

Hey, where are you off to? I’m still getting started with the last episodes!! I still have a couple more explainin’ to do for this kdrama. 

Hmmm... when did we get all these fancy choices for reactions? Was this soompi's latest update to make the boards user-friendly? Good job. We've been asking for those for years.... :lol:

Here’s my take on open ending and why it was brilliant for this kdrama. 

http://bitchesoverdramas.com/2019/01/22/memories-of-the-alhambra-qa-on-marco-and-open-endings

Here’s my explanation on the bugs and how Jinwoo and Seejoo survived a "year" in that dungeon. 

http://bitchesoverdramas.com/2019/01/22/memories-of-the-alhambra-olis-bugs-and-dungeons

And here’s my final grade for the show. 

http://bitchesoverdramas.com/2019/01/21/memories-of-the-alhambra-final-grade/

Spoiler

O1t1Y9i.jpg

I deducted a point because in my rulebook no kdrama can get a perfect score unless babies are included. 

@moodypie, were you here all along??!  Weren't we together in Goblin thread, too??  See you later! 

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 5

I don't know man... bad endings sometimes just overshadow a well made piece like this. But still, kudos to writernim for such an original piece on VR. Watching this was as addictive as playing console games. haha The CG for this was really well made too.

However I thought that characters could have been more well developed. I still don't understand how HJ could display such unrequited love for JW in a span of a few days. Perhaps its a damsel in distress syndrome? Having the lead female fall in love with the hero that will save her. I mean, HJ isn't that weak right to fall in love like this, even if she really need a 'saviour' in her life? She has been holding on so strongly throughout the years. I would be more convinced if there were more romantic encounters even if it was just the usual cliche coincidences.

And why is the game redeveloped again? :0 Haven't they learn their lesson... better to give it up than for humanity to be wrecked. Glad to hear that at least the social consequences such as addiction, danger to surroundings and other potential hosts of problems are acknowledged by the writer. Imagine when the time comes and we see people 'dancing' on the street and rolling on the ground. 

At last, I really liked how to writer could come out with such rules for virtual world. Its like playing God. Rules such as malicious intention and use of physical actual violence that would bug the game and lead to real death did make sense. Thats how peace and the original intent of the gamemaker to create an enjoyable whole body experience could be protected. The line between VR and reality blurring is a serious concern for the society we live in today. Twas a well written premise. Kudos to the actors for devoting 7 months to complete this work for us to really indulge in :-)

Edited by dramaflower
  • Like 4
  • Love 1

@packmule3 lol I have been waiting to read your posts, so that I can feel slightly better about this ending. I feel so disappointed at it that it left such a void in me. I was hoping for some more answers so I can make sense of something. I still cruise here at random times but have no more energy to say anything more about it. I will not say that the casts wasted their abilities in this drama. They were perfect! But something about the story telling and closure of it, especially the game concept, didn’t make me satisfied :crazy: (for the meantime until I find another drama(s) to settle down in, I will be cruising around everywhere like a zombie :P ) PS: I’m loving these additional reactions too! Finally we can show more of our feelings to posts! 

@moodypie lol we met at the Bride of Water God thread ;) I believe that’s where we met, in the universe of Haebak (or was it somewhere else?) lol 

edit:

@packmule3  I just finished reading your post on the ending. It actually makes more sense in your words than what I was seeing on screen :w00t: I feel a little better now (like eating an apetizer to calm my hunger down for the time being) I don’t like to leave dramas with bittertaste in my mouth (with some exceptions <_<) but while reading your blog, I kept wondering ‘am I a b**** for thinking this way and that way?’ :joy: :joy: 

• Like 5
  • LOL 4

21.01.2019. 2:03 PM
Opciones para Más Publicaciones

Achievements of 'Memories of the Alhambra' after 8 weeks of broadcast

The wonderful miracles throughout the last eight weeks of "Memories of the Alhambra" have officially concluded in January 20th.

page5.jpg?type=e1920
12.jpg?type=e1920

The last episode of the tvN's Saturday - Sunday drama, "Memories of the Alhambra" (screenwriter Song Jae Jung, director Ahn Gil Ho) airing on January 20 achieved an average rating of 9.9%, the highest of 11.2%, based on the standard of households using paid platform, leading the viewership ratings of dramas in the same time slot on cable and generalist channels (according to Nielsen Korea). In addition, with tvN's target audiences who are from 20 to 49 years old, the drama reached an average rating of 7.8%, the highest of 8.7%, taking the top spot of dramas in the same time slot on all channels, including terrestrial television.

In this episode, Jin Woo (played by Hyun Bin) removed all the game's bugs himself, from the character Hyung Suk (played by Park Hoon) - who had pursued him for a year with a bloody appearance, professor Cha (played by Kim Eui Sung) - the person he used to consider his father, to Jung Hoon (played by Min Jin Woong) - who still protected him as an ally even after dying. Jin Woo shed tears when he used the key of heaven to stab into the chests of those characters. When the three NPCs (Non-player Characters, the fictional characters who provide quests or items for the user) disappeared, Emma (Park Shin Hye) appeared. And Jin Woo - the last remaining bug in the game - entrusted his destiny to Emma. To reset the game, all bugs need to be removed.

A year later, many things have changed. J One Holdings company developed the game that was re-setup, then introduced to the world and received an explosive reaction. With the hope that Jin Woo was still alive, Sun Ho (played by Lee Seung Joon) sent him an email every day, but eventually gave up. Hee Joo (played by Park Shin Hye) was the only person to believe that Jin Woo would come back. On the other hand, Se Joo (played by EXO Chanyeol) was recruited by J One Holdings to be a game developer. On the first day Se Joo visited the company, Hee Joo stopped by a coffee shop to wait for his younger brother, and accidentally heard the conversation of the two users. One of them said the game was newly released, and a user's highest level was only 25, but there was someone who reached level 50 and could even use a gun. Hee Joo immediately thought it was Jin Woo.

Hee Joo - who always believed that she would definitely meet Jin Woo again, put on smart contact lens. After that, she ran to find Jin Woo somewhere and at the same time, the image of a user holding a gun appeared on the screen. This scene delighted the audiences who had been looking forward to the survival of Jin Woo and the reunion of the magic couple. By the way, let's take a look at the significant achievements of "Memories of the Alhambra" - the drama that has given viewers a lot of excitement and thrills from the beginning to the end.

#1. Screenwriter Song Jae Jung X Director Ahn Gil Ho - Promoting perfect synergy

"Memories of the Alhambra" has exerted the power from the tight script of screenwriter Song Jae Jung - who possesses a unique imagination along with an unpredictable way of deploying the storyline, and the emotional acting direction of director Ahn Gil Ho - who perfectly demonstrated the image of the fantasy game with vivid footages. The plot frequently brought unexpected twists in each episode, creating a strong impact on viewers, making them immersed in the drama, enjoying it while also having to speculate the events deployed in the next episodes. Not to mention, the meticulous and detailed view of director Ahn Gil Ho - the master of thorough acting direction - has made the AR (augmented reality) game material, which was very unfamiliar to a lot of people, significantly more natural and comprehensible in the drama. "Memories of the Alhambra" really shocked TV viewers every weekend thanks to its uniqueness as "a drama that is no different from movies".

#2. No acting misses, new roles of a lifetime

The drama was highly expected even before the broadcast due to the combination of two famous actors, Hyun Bin and Park Shin Hye. Hyun Bin playing Yoo Jin Woo, who lives between reality and the world in the game, has shown his prominent power when perfectly acting in various genres in the drama such as mystery, action or romance. Park Shin Hye with two roles as the lovely girl Jung Hee Joo and the character Emma in the game has earned the love of TV viewers when well portraying the character holding the key of both romance and mystery of the drama. In addition, actors Park Hoon, Kim Eui Sung, and Min Jin Woong - who were reborn as NPCs in the game after they died, have increased the tension for the story. Each actor in the drama shows a high level of concentration when getting into the character, thereby creating a role of a lifetime.

#3. A drama masterpiece with a unique perspective and novel genre

"Memories of the Alhambra" is the first drama to use the AR game material to stir up the small screens. Not only encapsulated within the scope of television dramas makers, the drama also received a hearty response when it drew the attention of both the IT and gaming world. Set in the context of Spain, the dramatic thrill in the game has been built up realistically on the background of real life and attracted viewers with such perfect CG techniques that there is not even a small flaw. Additionally, thanks to deep vibrations, the fateful and magical romance of the couple Hyun Bin - Park Shin Hye throughout the drama has strongly attracted viewers. "Memories of the Alhambra" is also one of the dramas that have helped tvN to be rated by the public as the cable TV channel that has never hesitated to take on challenges with new drama genres.

[OSEN = Reporter Kim Na Hee] nahee@osen.co.kr

[Photo] Screenshots from "Memories of the Alhambra"

Everything Idol, Everyday Exclusive

https://channels.vlive.tv/C7A6F1/vtoday/0.9868119

• Like 5

3 hours ago, packmule3 said:

@vangsweetie637 and @Kasmic

Hey, where are you off to? I’m still getting started with the last episodes!! I still have a couple more explainin’ to do for this kdrama. 

Im still lingering in here with the intent to get some updates on PDnim post drama thoughts.  But after reading your blogs, I dont think I need it. It might be as much of BS as SJJ's :tounge_wink: To be honest I havent yet  finish watching the sub eps of MOA  only what I saw live. I dont think I can handle watching it again as I know myself that I'll end up asking more questions than what I had in the beginning lol! which will lead me more of a rage :sweatingbullets: so I give up. 

You gave the writer and PD an -A grading. WOW! that's high, if it was me -  even after reading your blog, or Im considering the dimples or beauty it cannot make me go anywhere close to an A.  Dont get me wrong, I still love MOA - the suspense, thrills and romance touched were outstanding and the casts (given what they got) just phenomenal. That I would even give an A grade even with the open ending. But unfortunately I wouldnt grade it nor recommend it to others to watch. I just didnt like how all the other casts (apart from HB) were treated as "secondary" characters I felt angered and still sour. I feel sorry for the those actors/ actresses as given whatever minimal screen time they had - they did do their best. Sadly they will continue to feel the brunt of it - their critics will always be cruel and further typecasts them as how MOA presented them as - weak, emotional or lack of, annoying, villain etc  :crazy:

Why did all the side characters just remained as that - sides with no development. Even the side dishes can be as delicious as a main course lol! Ok Im rambling so I'll stop at that - no food talk.  I think PDnim and SJJ brought the B**** in me. Their lack of trust and respect  made them neglect so much and dont tell me its for the creative flair or whatever rebellious BS purpose they had in mind to achieve. <_<

I was looking for a "I dont give a?? " gif but found this...and its so cute. It's me - still wanting to kick and punch yet still not that bothered - a good way to sum up my feelings of MOA :joy: I need a good laugh to get over it.

cute-fight.gif

I can watch this fight all day.  :joy:

• Like 3
  • LOL 4

Its been 2 days since the end of MotA but I still find myself bitter at the ending.  I feel that I have waited for the longest time for Hyun Bin to return to the TV screen and have tried not to get overly excitable for the drama every weekend only to get teary-eyed disappointment.  I know it is not real but the fact that JW stayed in limbo at the end really is kinda hard to swallow for me.   It is equally hard for me to accept that the brother got all the approving cheering while JW's silhouette hid in the dark shooting and not be comforted by his friends and Hee-Joo.  There were ample time/opportunities for this drama to have a clearer ending if there had been less repeated flashbacks and useless fillers/scenes.   Jin-Woo and He-Joo did have some special chemistry and bonding.  While they might not be ardent passion, it was somehow deeper and mature and therefore it gripped me on a very different level.  I really wish the ending between them were clearer (even just for our frail hearts) and that the loopholes of the game explained better. 

Even though I hate it that many elements surrounding the game were very loosely explained, the scriptwriter is amazing for coming up with such a story...furthermore, her sheer audacity of not succumbing to most fans for having a happy ending is also something I'll never forget..and for these, I think she deserves to be congratulated. 

I think I love MotA though I don't think I'll watch it again anytime soon...

• Like 9

@Kasmic yes that song! And also BGM right before that song. That BGM also played when Heejoo was preparing herself to meet Yoo Daepyonim, when they're going to a date. That BGM definitely a special one since it played everytime they're going to meet. Hope for a miracle to find those songs. I'm going to tell ya :relaxed:

• Like 5

@packmule3 thank you for your explanation, make me feel a litte better although I still don't like the writer and director. They use to many flash back especially when the flash back is repeated exactly the same again and again it's boring. It's not the open ending that I can not accept but there are to many things unexplain and to many character that did not develop.  

But over all this drama not so bad although for me is not grade A, good start but did not delivered well in the several last episode.

I fall in love with Hyun Bin in this drama. His acting is perfect . I saw him in secret garden but only fall in love with him now in this drama and makes me watched all his previous movie because of this drama.

• Like 3
  • Love 2

On 5/6/2018 at 11:09 PM, maris1 said:

I have only watched HB’s and Song Hye Gyo’s ‘ Worlds Within’ ...

i liked it and both together too ( shipped them at the time :Dthough I believe it was not a rating success like his ‘ My Lovely Sam Soon’ and ‘Secret Garden’....both I couldn’t go beyond ep 1.

Not being helpful am I ?:blush:

But, I really like HB....a charismatic star...:love:

@maris1 I too at first ignored watching "My Lovely Kim Sam Soon."  I probably attempted to watch it three times then stopped.  At that time, I was a newbie viewer of Korean dramas so I was not familiar with Kim Sun Ah and the fact that it's a story of an older woman and a young man was enough for me to lose interest.  But then I found out that this drama was one of the highest rated Korean dramas so that it piqued my curiosity. I finally decided to watch it more out of curiosity and to find out what the hype was all about.  Guess what,  to this day, it's still my favourite Korean drama.  This drama was brilliantly written with witty, sophisticated dialogue not to mention the off-the-charts chemistry of Kim Sun Ah and Hyun Bin.  I've probably watched it more than fives times already.  Highly recommended.

• Like 1

Planning to buy the OST but I read some songs are not in the album? Or the songs in the 2 albums are diff? Looking at the tracks they seem the same though...so am torn whether to get just one or both versions. I really like the 'Vacant Sorrows' BGM but it doesn't seem to be in both versions...

Confused...>.<

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, scarletashin said:

@silvianage it's on itunes since monday :)

Oh yes it is now. I found it. I didn’t know what the title was. Thanks!

@silvianage the instrumental I sent you had a different title. On iTunes, it’s called ‘accidental encounter’ :) so happy to finally have it on my phone. I had a harder time finding it on iTunes than YT.

edit

hm that is not the one I was looking for. I think ‘vacant sorrows’ is the right title for the one I like. Both are the same one but different instruments

• Like 4

3 hours ago, vangsweetie637 said:

Oh yes it is now. I found it. I didn’t know what the title was. Thanks!

@silvianage the instrumental I sent you had a different title. On iTunes, it’s called ‘accidental encounter’ :) so happy to finally have it on my phone. I had a harder time finding it on iTunes than YT.

edit

hm that is not the one I was looking for. I think ‘vacant sorrows’ is the right title for the one I like. Both are the same one but different instruments

@vangsweetie637 it’s a different song right? I think what we are looking for is not accidental encounter, And the song was not included in MOA itunes album.

inform me if you found it please thank you in advance

edit

found it but not available in itunes

the song title indeed vacant sorrows by the License Lab

• Like 2

Still having HyunBin and MOA withdrawal syndrome.

Weird, when I listened to this song, I imagine JinWoo sing it to HeeJoo, and they are dancing.

"Then you're left in the dust, unless I stuck by Ya, you're a Sunflower, I think your love would be too much.

Or you'll be left in the dust, unless I stuck by Ya, you're the Sunflower ... you're the Sunflower"

So sad.

Cr: Post Malone, Swae Lee - Spiderman

• Like 1