[Drama 2018-2019] Memories of the Alhambra | Recuerdos de la Alhambra, 알함브라 궁전의 추억

Admin

aaaaaand finish watching the subbed. I stand by my opinion before about how the drama continued to be great for me up until the moment Jinwoo turned to dust, as for the rest, I'll just take it. As for the romance closure, @grayscale said it about poetic point of view, although it makes me feel better about the ending, but I still dislike the idea of open/happy-like/sad-like ending:mellow: I want to ask/rant about the game aspect, instance dungeon, how one become a bug/the criteria but I don't think there will be answers except our own predictions LOL

I'm not regretting my decision to watch the drama because I've become to know HB, fresh idea, it kept being amazing until half of the last episode, and I personally think it'll be unfair if I suddenly dislike the drama because of the last 30-40 minutes out of 16 hours+ I spent watching it with starry eyes:D

Great job for the team, actors and actresses, superb acting from our leads (HB oppa you deserve a long rest but I want to see your next project what should I do??):P

I don't know if I'll ever watch her project again but maybe if the story is interesting (I'll watch without expecting anything) and/or there is my favorite actor/actress (I'll try watching for them)

I have a great time joining the thread and posting here, and if someone write an alternate stories about the drama aka fanfiction I'd like to know:lol:

BTS for final week

Edited by hyuuhikari
  • Like 7
  • Love 1

10 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

I'm sure this has been raised by other people, but my misplaced faith that the plot will give us something was just soooo wrong. I'm getting grumpier the more I think about it, so I've been trying to distract myself with other things, but had this one last vent. Done now. I think. :)

The bitter aftertaste is much more bitter today :sweatingbullets:. I don't think I can rewatch this for now even though I loved it.

• Like 5
  • LOL 1

I don't really like about the whole bug storyline. I just thought it's a lil bit strange. IMHO.

Marco is definitely a bug and he hasn't been killed by Zinu. Other than that, who know there might be other bugs out there :p

First, I guessed JW would still alive as human after killing all the bugs. All the bugs are zombie (except JW. JW is still a human), so I thought all the zombies would turn into white sand, While human JW stays alive in real world.

Secondly, JW is trapped inside the instant dungeon as a master? What will happen if there's a new master? Instant dungeon can be only used for the master.

Hmmm

• Like 5

Well, that’s it folks. I finish this confusing drama with a grinch but I can say that this is a good drama. The ending reminds me of Goblin and thus, I’ll give this a drama #8 whereas Goblin sits in #5 while W in #11. Proudly say that I, indeed, will probably watch SJJ’s next drama with low ending expectation hehe. See you in the other forums!

• Like 2
  • LOL 4

1 hour ago, jechoi1 said:

I think JW is trapped and not so much that he actually created an instance dungeon as a safe place.  I don't think he's running from the police because he would know that once the bugs are deleted, that there would be no proof of anything.  He's known all along that the police had no proof that he killed his friend so I don't think he was ever worried about that.  The only reason he was worried at all is because he knew that Professor Cha was up to something.

And, my reaction to this the ending is, "that's it?"  Seriously?  That's all that we are left with?  Nothing is really clarified, and there were way too many flashbacks in this last episode.  And all for what?  Just to hear that JW is trapped somewhere?  And, how would he have even known how to create an instance dungeon?  Correct me if I'm wrong, but he was an engineer and I don't think his specialty was in gaming.  Remember, it's Team Manager Choi who does all the coding and has to explain the game to JW in the beginning.  JW only learned the game by playing it; I don't think he knows how to actually code a game.  I just hate it when dramas end with a big dud.  It happens so often with Kdramas and I don't know why.  They do such a great job, and then the end is a big, fat dud.  It's like the entire production suddenly lost all funding and budgeting and they had to just wrap it up last minute.  I mean, we don't even see trapped JW and HJ meeting.  And, it still makes no sense.  SJ was trapped (or I guess hiding?) in an instance dungeon.  JW, it seems, can leave it to help other players?  Again, makes no sense.

The police have no proof, but they can still handcuff him and take him into custody for questioning, leaving him defenseless and putting him in harm’s way of the NPCs. That’s why he was running away from them. Since the game was debugged and reset, he’s probably safe now from getting killed for real, but I don’t think he wants to take that chance after all he had been through and lost. He needs HJ to talk him into coming back, just like SJ needed someone to tell him it was really raining and everything would be ok. The trauma is real.

Since he can leave it to help others, I don’t think he’s trapped. SJ just created the instance dungeon instinctually when he was completely exhausted and in danger at the train station, and was surprised to see that it worked. I don’t think they would have thrown that explanation in there if JW wasn’t going to use it too.

• Like 7

Wouldn't a better idea be for jW to stab Emma and get HER deleted, she was the origin of the bug that made the game go haywire, right? Better than to die? I still can't figure out why JW is a bug. The other zombie NPCs, I get it, but why JW was a bug and why Emma would see him as a bug, no. 

Can't figure out why writers always write great starting episodes to dramas but cannot seem to end them properly, Surely there's one script writer out there who can do it! 

• Like 2
  • LOL 4

Thank you PArk Hoon for your respectful post drama interview. I actually saw that he was preparing for an post drama interview last week. He or the media was respectful enough not to release them till today. No wonder PSH respected him so much and even gave him a hug for coming on their last day of filming. He already finished filming and he didnt need to come but he did. It was so cold and we see them all rugged up. THANK YOU PARK HOON! :heart:

Park Hoon Praises “Memories Of The Alhambra” Co-Star EXO’s Chanyeol For His Acting

Park Hoon recently sat down for an interview to talk about his latest drama “Memories of the Alhambra.”

During the interview, Park Hoon stated, “Because I usually acted with Hyun Bin, I tried to interact with other actors as well. Because my age is right in the middle, I was the mood maker at times too.”

He continued, “I’m still friendly with the other actors to this day. Because Park Shin Hye uploaded a photo we took together on her social media, I saw my name go up in the real-time search rankings.” He then laughed as he remarked, “She’s a great friend.”

Park Hoon then talked about his co-star EXO’s Chanyeol, stating, “He’s an admirable person.”

Looking back on when they first met, Park Hoon commented, “We met for the first time in Spain, and I thought that [Chanyeol] was a genuine and upright person. These days, we talk about various things in our Kakaotalk chat room.”

The actor then went on to mention Chanyeol’s impressive acting skills. He said, “When I first saw Chanyeol, I had no idea that he was so good at acting. He loves acting a lot. Because I acted as Se Joo [Chanyeol’s character] called me a “bad guy” in the beginning of the drama, I think I continued to argue about my character until the latter half of the show. As a result, Chanyeol acted very well. Thanks to Chanyeol, I was even able to attend an EXO concert.”

“Memories of the Alhambra” aired its final episode on January 20.

Cr. Soompi

Naver - https://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=404&aid=0000233851

0000233851_003_20190121135004858.jpeg?ty

In this NAcer interview - https://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=404&aid=0000233851

Park Hoon worked mostly with HB and although he went to action school he was grateful to work with HB. He praised HB for his action scenes amd was able to learn from him too.

Im surprised at Park Hoon's friendship with PSH because during MOA they never had any scenes together. He said that he felt touched by PSH kindness esp when she made some food for the casts and crew. 

0000233851_002_20190121135004819.jpg?typ

Spoiler

DxaDspaVsAEgnQG.jpg

DxaGFvfVAAA-tf7.jpg

DxaGFbvU8AEWkA_.jpg

@stargazer187 Im changing my DP now - lol! 

For such little scenes Chanyeol had a team to work on his SJ image....

Thanks @hyuuhikari for the final BTS....it was my saving grace. I loved how he saved her when she slipped and touching her hands...:tounge_wink: Im not shipping lol! 

Look our OTP did meet., HJ came running into the church to see JW.  :joy: 

DxZya6fUYAAvrH1.jpg

51cd30dbdcc04e52abc5e4711e26c70f.png

• Like 9
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4

Opps almost forgot..OST album.. love the OSTs here http://www.mnet.com/album/3229207

@scarletashin did you see this link as well? 

DxaBkl0UcAApFQO.jpg

Park Hoon's post drama interview can be read here...sorry google translate is needed even then its hard to read

50868_10357_2416.jpg

CR. http://www.mediasr.co.kr/news/articleView.html?idxno=50868

GOODLUCK IN YOUR NEXT DRAMA!!! hopefully you dont die so soon and we get to hear you have more dialogue. HAECHI FIGHTING!!! 

Beautiful PSH

18_(1).jpg?type=w1200

Spoiler

15_(2).jpg?type=w1200

14_(1).jpg?type=w1200

14_(2).jpg?type=w1200

Heaters needed

12_(2).jpg?type=w1200

12_(1).jpg?type=w1200

see more in SALT agency blog - https://m.post.naver.com/viewer/postView.nhn?volumeNo=17639070&memberNo=4872266

• Like 5
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

I have changed my avatar to this. It describes how I feel now. I feel you JW for having to stab your dearest friend and family because of the bug. Sobsssss

Such a great acting... he did a marvelous job as JW. I cried during this scene.. when he has to delete all the bugs and even himself at the last. why writer.. why did you torture him that much!! What's the point?? What is his mistake anyway??why should he take all the responsibility while he is not the only one who create this mess??? Why till the last he couldn't meet thw person he wants to meet, the one that he look so hard from bwginning??? Whyyyyyyyyyyy... once again I got traumatized. :bawling:

Hyun Bin is an actor I saw in an action movie (I don't remember the title, but he shoots from a car driving on a bridge), the dramas Secret garden (he's very funny), and Worlds within. In this drama, and even if I am a man, I can still admit that he was incredibly handsome, and that I would have liked to be born with his face.

He is an actor who has a naturally inexpressive face. On several occasions in MOA, I found that he reflected little emotion, or in a discreet way. But when the scenes where he had strong emotions arrived, they were equally magnified. He was fabulous as an actor in this drama, I remember the scene where he understands that Seo became his ally. And the ending scene where he has to kill him as a bug is huge.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Many people complained about some things that caught my attention.
- The episode devotes time to seemingly useless things, when this time should have been better used for the end.
- the writer drops the end, as if she didn't know what to find.
- we hardly see JW in the whole last episode.
- the end is sloppy, she doesn't know how to make an end, etc....

So it's time to accept the truth...
It is precisely because she had very precisely planned this end and patiently built it, that the rest follows.
- it is necessary that other things happen in the episode, so that the end only happens at the very end, so abruptly. This is not wasted time!
- it is necessary that we do not see the hero during the episode, to reinforce his last appearance in the shadows.
- it is necessary that many mysteries remain open.
- once again, what has been shown and what we think about it does not depend on the quality of the story, which I find sensational. It depends on the selfish desire of the spectator, who wants his own end, the one he prefers, the one that is sweet and drooling.

This is the kind of drama that certainly contains a large part of the answers, but requires a serious analysis to find them, speculation. In short, enough to fuel endless discussions. This is what has made many films and other series so successful. 2001 the odyssey of space, the series of the 60s the prisoner, or more recently, in less complicated, the film inception, interstellar. And in a very, very complicated way, the film Primer.
The fact that the drama still contains a lot of secrets will make it extremely pleasant to review, and to review again. I know that with each viewing, with better translation, and more time to devote to details, I will find new things in it.

• Like 5
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 3

it was a good ride here  thanks to you all chingus and chagiyas...

the ending was not as what we’re expected but we are a Kdrama warriors so let’s move on to other daebak drama soon.... I will be watching my Sky Castle and the Clowned Crown... see U in the next gathering my dearies... xoxo from frozen minus 6 celcius Netherlands... xoxo

• Like 5
  • Love 3

Now for my opinion...I really think the writer had a great idea but had no clear ending or resolution in her mind...she was just trying to piece things together week after week. I also think that she was trying too hard to outsmart the viewers with twists but in the end it was way too much for even herself to handle...I picture her thinking of all the explanations us viewers will come up with then coming up with something even more far fetched...I also think she wants so much to be recognized as a writer who does something outrageous and simultaneously breaks all the rules, a rebel, I think she identifies this with being creative and she is also trying to outdo each of her previous projects when it comes to the WOW factor of mind boggling experience...hence the endless use of flashbacks and the abrupt shocking open ended scene with no clear explanation...I don't think she is scared of the criticism of the viewers at all but is actually anticipating it and is probably what she wants to be known for... 

Your comment is long and interesting, I apologize for only being able to extract part of it.

I think there is a lot of risky speculation in the way you perceive the scriptwriter and her approach.
I think she is someone much more peaceful than that, and who does not seek conflict, or exaggerate the effects. It's an analysis I do based on old interviews with her.

The most likely, and almost certain, is that she is possessed by her own story. Once the story comes to life, it has its own autonomy, its own will, and the author becomes its servant. This is a phenomenon that in ancient Greece was called genius. Not the kind of genius as we understand it today, and which would be related to the intrinsic creative and egotic capacity of an author, but an external genius, who blows the author what he must do.

A story like this is merciless. It is a phenomenon that is ready to torture the author, to go where it wishes. In return, the author receives ten times more ideas and qualities than he could have working alone.

Although SJJ tends to fear the reaction of the spectators, and will probably say that she will hide in a cave for a long time after that, the choice was probably not given to her.

Some say that she does not control her stories, without realizing that a controlled story is of no interest, since there is no genius at work. Stories like this can be found in entire regiments in mainstream movies and an incredible number of series. They are produced as if we were going to work at the factory, with management plans based on rigid and pre-established canvases.

• Like 6

That Paradise Kiss ending BS!! I feel like we need just 10 more minutes and it would have been perfect!! Hyun Bin's acting though!! Homg the scene with him pulling out the key!! He better win some kind of award..... Chanyoel too almost didn't recognize him in this!! All in all loved this one it was just soooo different from everything out there.... the only thing I was over was Park Shin Hye's never ending crying.... I kept waiting for He-ju to get awesome but alas..... shame I woulda loved seeing PSH have some bad asss action scenes playing the game.... LOL 

Also hello everyone! I know I'm a lameo finding out about the forums only just now!! Woulda been fun to hash things out with y'all every week!! LOL 

Edited by sirenia9
  • Like 4
  • LOL 1

After watching ep 16, I'm more confused than ever...after resetting the game how come JW was sent to the hiding space whatever? We know SJ did so during the game to hide from danger but since the game goes back to square 1 until new player log in, why does JW disappeared...or do I lost it altogether?

Frankly  I loves the Granada scenes the most. Once they return to Korea beside HJ-JW scenes I find the rest of the story dull & boring. I'm not surprise if the writer is as confuse as we are when she wrote the ending:rolleyes:

• Like 3
  • LOL 2

On 1/21/2019 at 2:40 PM, SeGafanlady said:

it was a good ride here  thanks to you all chingus and chagiyas...

the ending was not as what we’re expected but we are a Kdrama warriors so let’s move on to other daebak drama soon.... I will be watching my Sky Castle and the Clowned Crown... see U in the next gathering my dearies... xoxo from frozen minus 6 celcius Netherlands... xoxo

I hope we will see again in other drama. I think after MOA I temporary don’t have spirit to watch another drama. I feel tired and sad, tired because I had to watch after 10 pm and sad not because the ending but the scene that JW had to stab seo. It’s a very heartbreaking scene.

I have prepared my heart everytime I watch kdrama, so when the ending just like MOA I did not regret watching it. Just now another drama (Priest) also ended with a bittersweet ending. That’s the risk become kdrama warrior.

Thanks for all the time we being here in this thread, I really really enjoy to be part of you guys.

see you again!

• Like 5

7 hours ago, jechoi1 said:

1.  CEO Park can't see the zombies and NPCs because he was not Zinu's ally.  Only his allies see his buggy enemies and are in danger.

2.  After the bugs are deleted and the game is reset, CEO Park lets the game be released bc it's actually safe now.  For one, Emma is deleted as well.  Emma, according to JW (and I'm assuming he explained this to CEO Park at some point) is what caused the bug in the first place when Marco stabbed SJ.  Without Emma, the bug/virus can't be created again.  Second reason for the game release?  Money.  JOne spent 1 year on developing the game. And, they knew it was going to be such a big hit that I think they expended a LOT of resources to develop it.  Without releasing it, the company would have gone bankrupt.

3.  I'm guessing that JW is trapped in the dungeon.

4. I also don't know why Marco hasn't been deleted as a bug.

I think JW is trapped and not so much that he actually created an instance dungeon as a safe place.  I don't think he's running from the police because he would know that once the bugs are deleted, that there would be no proof of anything.  He's known all along that the police had no proof that he killed his friend so I don't think he was ever worried about that.  The only reason he was worried at all is because he knew that Professor Cha was up to something.

And, my reaction to this the ending is, "that's it?"  Seriously?  That's all that we are left with?  Nothing is really clarified, and there were way too many flashbacks in this last episode.  And all for what?  Just to hear that JW is trapped somewhere?  And, how would he have even known how to create an instance dungeon?  Correct me if I'm wrong, but he was an engineer and I don't think his specialty was in gaming.  Remember, it's Team Manager Choi who does all the coding and has to explain the game to JW in the beginning.  JW only learned the game by playing it; I don't think he knows how to actually code a game.  I just hate it when dramas end with a big dud.  It happens so often with Kdramas and I don't know why.  They do such a great job, and then the end is a big, fat dud.  It's like the entire production suddenly lost all funding and budgeting and they had to just wrap it up last minute.  I mean, we don't even see trapped JW and HJ meeting.  And, it still makes no sense.  SJ was trapped (or I guess hiding?) in an instance dungeon.  JW, it seems, can leave it to help other players?  Again, makes no sense.

1. Ok makes sense, but then why did he log in 145 times? if he was not leveling up, trying to help or was actually evil? I was waiting for some sort of explanation for him having so many logins...

2. I mean the only part I can justify is the money part...after a game was so lethal that it killed so many people...Park knows this info even though no one else does and even the creator of the game SJ has no clear explanation and JW the CEO of the company has disappeared I would not risk launching the game to the public no matter how tempting it is...Park witnessed how this game literally tortured JW and turned their whole world up side down....He's like I launch the game and I retire...whatever happens I dont care....

From what I understood, creating an instance dungeon is a special ability that a Master has...so SJ created it because he was a Master and now JW has the ability to create it because he is the new master....

• Like 4

I am so late to tthis party, and so speechless by that ending.

In W, the romance is sufficient, though the logic of the webtoon thing wasn't explained well. Here in MotA, the tech was explained (though still lacking a bit more), it still made sense. But the romance lacked even at the very very end. Like wtf?!

We only know that he IS ALIVE bc of the instance dungeon. But why did he even hide for a year as well? It's not like another quest needs to be finished since all the bugs were deleted. And how was the Marco bug deleted, anyway??? So many questions always left unanswered by this writer. I did expect a not so good ending, but this was just all over the place.

I need "Touch My Heart" soon to fill this romance-seeking void MotA left in me. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

they should do season2 with same leads to rectify there sin of not using best couple on tv properly .i would rather see them old boring romantic story than this bogus storyline just to not waste talent  in future.

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

Let’s team up to go to instance dungeon and save jin woo.

1 hour ago, dramaobsessed said:

1. Ok makes sense, but then why did he log in 145 times? if he was not leveling up, trying to help or was actually evil? I was waiting for some sort of explanation for him having so many logins...

2. I mean the only part I can justify is the money part...after a game was so lethal that it killed so many people...Park knows this info even though no one else does and even the creator of the game SJ has no clear explanation and JW the CEO of the company has disappeared I would not risk launching the game to the public no matter how tempting it is...Park witnessed how this game literally tortured JW and turned their whole world up side down....He's like I launch the game and I retire...whatever happens I dont care....

From what I understood, creating an instance dungeon is a special ability that a Master has...so SJ created it because he was a Master and now JW has the ability to create it because he is the new master....

• Like 1
  • LOL 2