[Drama 2018-2019] Memories of the Alhambra | Recuerdos de la Alhambra, 알함브라 궁전의 추억

Admin

1 hour ago, Yasaman Asghari said:

Funny.. both HB and PSH rejected that drama cause of script issues... oh well lol look where we are now..

but tbh.. I do think HB was actually really happy with his choice of participating in this drama.

being his long time fan, ik over the past 2 years he has been wanting to challenge himself to take on more unique projects so this for him as an actor would be a great memory and project. Thinking about that makes me less angry lol :lol:

oh i agree i think HB did well in acting department and has proven he can take a challenging role. Although the drama has bad ending, no doubt his acting will receive compliments. I really hope he receive some acting award in the drama. PSH role in itself doesnt have much screen time but  being PSH, she will always have huge following, but yeah i think she wont be 100% happy with this one.

Arghhhh seriously disappointed i cant bring myself watching the last 2 eps. i mean after patiently waiting and watching 14 eps i didnt really want to not even finish this drama but if this is the worst ending in kdrama land, and the fact that it's open ending, i dont think i can bring myself to watch this. So please if it's proven otherwise after the Eng sub, someone please give me some courage to watch T_T 

I really hope the negative comment about the ending will be heard by the writer ~!!!!

And who else here hopes that HB and PSH will be reunited in other drama which show more of their onscreen romance? not one that wastes their chemistry T_T *still angry*

• Like 12

While I have been reading for a while, your collective WTF has made me come in to say I agree that was one messed up finale.

But one thing that I didn't see in the live recap (thank you for all you who do it) is that at the end, according to Korean articles at least, SeJoo said to Choi team leader that he used "Instant Dungeon" as master.  Under master's authority, only the master can make an InDun and SeJoo thought JW W as the new master may have used it and thus is alive in the game.  Thus, at the end when you see the shadow of YJW, it is not that he has become a NPC but that as "master", he is in there protecting users from "monsters" of the game.

See article: https://news.nate.com/view/20190120n21271?mid=e1200

I haven't had a chance to finish watching it since my connection crapped after 15 minutes or something, but I think the game words right before the reset said something about the "bug" characters that may explain marco etc.  At least, knet don't seem to be so mad about that part that generally how can it end with JW and SH like this.  Many repeating your words that SJJ should be the bug that need to be rest etc.

I hesitated starting this show due to SJJ but then got hooked by HB and PSH's acting, despite neverending shooting and crying.  This final teaches me though, even in the able hands of this director and actors, I should never watch SJJ's shows.  I don't care how great the concept, all the other issues (e.g. her inability to have internal logic in her own fantasy, character development,  inability or refusal to EDIT out irrelevant, frivolous things that don't matter to her story center, and inability to end a story properly etc.) make it a non-starter for future shows.  Now I am going to rant a bit - why does she ask in her interview for audience to pay attention to mental side of YJW's story and development and that the ex-wives are "important" to that when I still have really no idea what in the world happened with his two ex-wives to know what impact it had on his psychology .  The one narration while he was sick about how much he appreciated HJ taking care of him sincerely impacted him after what he went through - that seems all I need to know considering his ex-wives issues never came through.  I have to stop now or I can rant for too long.

My condolences to all who had to suffer through the finale.  Thank you, however, as a reader for making the thread enjoyable to read - and at times really humorous to be able to survive to the end.

In case someone associated with drama reads this, thanks for all your hard work because you did your best and you let me see the greatness in HB's acting, PSH's development as actress and acting, and their chemistry that really surprised me.  Signing out for ... hopefully not years.... 

• Like 10
  • LOL 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, lotuzea said:

Pleaseeee can someone, after they watch the ep 16 sub, tell me if I should bother watching??? After reading all the comments I dont have energy to watch anymore. I was eagerly waiting for the finale but now i feel deflated, disappointed.... makes me no mood this is too mellow and dark and after all those running away haunted exhausted etc he doesnt even get the tinniest happiness at the end?? 

You should watch the ep 16 and come back here with your (frustration) comments :D

Yay the subs is up now I'm watching ep 16 the finale

• Like 2
  • LOL 7

I try to understand why SJJ made an ending like this, because JW actually is in deep richard simmons troubles since there were 3 deaths around him that could not be explained in a rational way.  Even if the bugs have been eliminated he could not escape from laws. He would be jailed and his company is bankrupt. That’s why he decided to choose death inside the game to finish all of the troubles even he left his happiness with HJ all alone. In W the male lead finally merge in the real world, but in MOA JW disappear in AR world. I think this why I never put high hopes with happy ending in drama like MOA. 

JW is the 4th bug that can reset the game, Emma killed him with the Key To Heaven.

• Like 5
  • Sad 1
  • LOL 1
  • Thanks 1

So all in all everybody got a happy ending except for the two who actually deserve it, and JW just suffered through mental and physical pain only to be trapped in the game and never be happy again. I see, should've at least put SJ in jail for creating the game not make him popular and give him the job of his dreams ( i love you chanyeol, but i hate your character )

• Like 7
  • LOL 4

9 minutes ago, lotuzea said:

oh i agree i think HB did well in acting department and has proven he can take a challenging role. Although the drama has bad ending, no doubt his acting will receive compliments. I really hope he receive some acting award in the drama. PSH role in itself doesnt have much screen time but  being PSH, she will always have huge following, but yeah i think she wont be 100% happy with this one.

Arghhhh seriously disappointed i cant bring myself watching the last 2 eps. i mean after patiently waiting and watching 14 eps i didnt really want to not even finish this drama but if this is the worst ending in kdrama land, and the fact that it's open ending, i dont think i can bring myself to watch this. So please if it's proven otherwise after the Eng sub, someone please give me some courage to watch T_T 

I really hope the negative comment about the ending will be heard by the writer ~!!!!

And who else here hopes that HB and PSH will be reunited in other drama which show more of their onscreen romance? not one that wastes their chemistry T_T *still angry*

Even the ending is disatisfied, I am watching now with subs in netflix. I finally understand why the ending like an open ending.

• Like 7
  • LOL 1

I had such a good time reading your reactions.  Sooo funny!  

Not a good ending to a not so great script.  Oh well.  

Jinwoo became the guardian of the game for J One.  The ultimate sacrifice of a CEO. NPC are programmed into the game but a player cannot be deleted cuz he’s a real person albeit one that is straddling the two universes.  Now, he protects the players from getting killed like an anti-virus for the game program.

Sad for Jin Woo who never rested and has to forever patrol the game universe for others.  From a man who was hurt by betrayal to one who finally regained trust because someone believes in him, I guess his last sacrifice made him an important figure in the AR game world in the most indelible way aside from being a creator.  Tragic.

• Like 10
  • LOL 1

I am reading the live recaps and realize that the show is so profoundly poetic that by the end of the show, I cannot decide if the male lead is an NPC, a bug or just a gaming addict. 

I quite liked that the bugs have been reduced to ashes - it is like according them eternal peace. Only Emma can do that, right? So if JW can do that too, does it mean he is dead n has become the male version of Emma? If so, there are no bugs left and that’s why the game was launched?

or they somehow used SJ’s skills to debug JW and let him roam in the game like an arch angel who is trying to get a PhD in MOA and who exits occasionally to get a Subway sandwich.

dont like the outcome either way but was prepared for the crummy end .... wished it wrapped up tidier too ... really not a 16 ep drama. 

• Like 6
  • LOL 7

12 minutes ago, imels said:

I try to understand why SJJ made an ending like this, because JW actually is in deep richard simmons troubles since there were 3 deaths around him that could not be explained in a rational way.  Even if the bugs have been eliminated he could not escape from laws. He would be jailed and his company is bankrupt. That’s why he decided to choose death inside the game to finish all of the troubles even he left his happiness with HJ all alone. In W the male lead finally merge in the real world, but in MOA JW disappear in AR world. I think this why I never put high hopes with happy ending in drama like MOA. 

JW is the 4th bug that can reset the game, Emma killed him with the Key To Heaven.

it makes sense... although I still don't like the ending:sweatingbullets:

but it does make sense, it might be included in the fantasy aspect since the deaths in real life couldn't be explained, he chose to be in the dungeon (like Seju) so he'd be considered missing in real life but still alive in AR life, and being some kind of protector..?

• Like 7

31 minutes ago, bliss1004 said:

I totally agree with you.. writternim need help..she is such a psycho writer!! What is really in her head and mind???  She has a brilliant idea but I think she needs a partner to help her to write the ending for her!! LOL

Watching W and MOA is like torturing my heart twice.. i can't watch this kind of dramas ..gonna stop watching this writer's drama..LOL

After what happened with W I didn´t bother to come up with theories or trying to make sense of MOA  after a few episode because I felt like history was going to repeat itself. I´m just disappointed that the writer hasn´t learn from the criticism she had received from her previous work. 

• Like 6

Was it really worth it ? Why ? Why put HJ and JW through all of that torture and not even reward them in the end ? Why is JW a bug/virus when he's just a human who played the game ? Why couldn't thr writer at least let them meet, SOME KIND OF CLOSURE IT'S NOT SO HARD FOR GOD'S SAKE

• Like 4
  • LOL 1

My heart still hurt for the ending, i watching this drama more than 1 month, with a feeling of awe cause the writer's brilliant ideas, park shin hye and hyunbin visual n great acting, hoping for high rating, but in the end the writer betray me. Btw, thanks to HB-PSH for your 7 months of filming. The dedicated and thank you for carrying an excellent acting for 16 episodes of MOA. PSH,  I hope she finds projects that deserve her and treat her right in the future. She's a treasure and an excellent actress. HB, when will i see you onscreen again? Patiently waiting for both of you. 

DwJOfG9VsAA5bgD.jpg

I'm still clueless about jinwoo. Is he died, or alive or live as NPC in the game. 

• Like 7
  • Sad 2

51 minutes ago, grayscale said:

Haha, I know a lot of people are pissed off about the ending but I'm choosing to see it from a poetic point of view (the romance aspect, I mean...the game part of the plot is another story).

I'm not excusing the writer in any way, but I find myself not so mad that our beloved couple's reunion wasn't shown. 

If you think about it, Jin-woo's and Hee-ju's romance was always a quiet, subtle, and emotional type of romance rather than the typical obvious, grand gesture kind of romance. 

We got giddy when Hee-ju said she worried more about Jin-woo's well being than her own brother's. We swooned when Jin-woo touched Hee-ju's face and brushed away a tear. We felt touched when Hee-ju smiled sweetly at Jin-woo when he was looking so defeated and broken.

Those are such quiet moments but it made a huge impact on their love story. 

Even during their more romantic scenes like the kisses they shared... A lot of their feelings for each other are understated and subtle... They're a "show" more than "tell" kind of romance if you know what I mean... Like, their actions and the expressions on their faces are what carry their romance forward rather than how many romantic scenes they actually have together.  

To me, it seemed like Jin-woo didn't knock on her door that morning because he would probably chicken out from going to the church and going to his likely death. Jin-woo cares for Hee-ju so much that he knows it would make him hesitate if he saw her. And even Hee-ju, all those times she went to the church was proof of her devotion and love for him ... 

My point is... the fact that their romance  ends with her running to find him... It's not 100% satisfying, but it IS

a hope-filled ending. It's poetic in the sense that just like the bulk of their romance is implicit and unseen, their reunion is also implicit and unseen. 

It's almost like their reunion is private, only for them. Even we, the audience, are cut off from it. 

Don't get me wrong, I don't loooove the ending, since I would have preferred seeing a kiss or hug or something but... It is what it is. 

Thank you for sharing your thoughts about the ending. It does make it more acceptable to me.

I am not here for the romance, but since they did introduce the romance element, I have my expectations, which is really not very high, but I was still disappointed... I'm going to sleep on it, and maybe watch it focusing on the game aspect and JW's personal journey.

• Like 9

1 hour ago, hyuuhikari said:

Some of the comments mentioned drama Big, but I haven't watched that, for me the ending is kinda similar to Blood, idk what the male lead is after he was seen/said to be vanishing (is he NPC? or human?):lol:

And what about Poll 2? who is the key to the game then? should I change my DP to zombie?:sweatingbullets:

We all lost in poll 2. Everybody changes to zombie! LOL

• Like 1
  • LOL 5

I watched because of hyun bin. Many did not because of this W writer. They said no point watching. Now, I understand. At least, I have a bunch of people like you guys, that were also "STUPID" enough to stay until the end. And unbashful to admit, I even held my hopes high that HJ and Jin Wo will get married and have three adorable kids. Foolish me. Never gonna follow another drama from this writer, again. Thank you. I tried. And had enough. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 9