[Drama 2018-2019] Memories of the Alhambra | Recuerdos de la Alhambra, 알함브라 궁전의 추억

Admin

Wow! Emma’s look after stabbing JW! She is the definition of “if looks can kill”..

Cold. Brutal. Evil.

She must be the ultimate bug of the game. To win the game, the final boss must be killed. That’s how every game is. The big, bad wolf. Emma has to be killed. That’s my theory now, too. :crazy: JW was caught off guarded. Poor guy.

• Like 9
  • LOL 2

Good episode 15. I like the time shifts.  I have to say Jin Woo is fantastic.  The apartment is in shambles but he managed to keep his hotel slipper on throughout it all. :lol:

Screenshot 2019-01-19 15.02.30

Please Se Joo, shake it off and save Jin Woo aka bro-in-law.  It's your chance to take back your game.  He saved you after all.

• Like 2
  • LOL 12

21 hours ago, packmule3 said:

It's okay, too, to take a stand on something and say, "This and no further!" or "No, I don't buy that" or "This writer is loopy."  That's why I watch kdramas like I'm dating the writer. If she/he doesn't pass the test after...say... six episodes, then I'm outta that relationship. 

But with this writer, I was determined to finish it to the end because of the many unfavorable things I heard about her after "W". I liked the first half of "W" but I wasn't able to finish it. I went overseas and couldn't access kdramas. By the time I returned home, people were already panning it. I thought the fault was in the audience for not understanding the show, and not the writer for not writing a better script. lol.

For me, the onus of interpretation is always on the viewers. It's up to us to derive or to create meaning. The writer always has the message and director communicates it. But if we don't get it, then we don't get it. :) 

Take the crying for instance. People complained that HJ cries a lot. lol. (I think there's a purpose there but 'll write about it later.) But these same people don't complain that JW runs a lot. :blink:  Didn't you notice? In like every other scene, he's running!! Ooooeeemmmgeee!! What's wrong with him?!!! If I see him run around the corner one more time, I'm going to holler. Can't he just like stroll down the street or pretend that he's a potted plant so he doesn't waste energy?

See that?  To me, it's funny what viewers pick up on and nitpick.  Okay, laters! Gotta unpack my bags. 

I think the reason no one is complaining about his running is because he needs it for survival, it's obvious if he doesn't run he is DEAD...however, IMO the reason why people are complaining about the crying is because in some scenes the emotional connection has not been built up enough to justify the crying...Now I know that there are some who have said that some people are more emotional than others and will cry at the drop of the hat...but it's not about that, it's the story telling and the build up to the moment where she cries that doesn't make sense to some viewers...this is usually due to either writing of the character hasn't been fleshed out enough or the interpretation of the character by the actor, the character has to convince us that under all circumstances i.e the rules that have been established in the world where the character exists plus what we have been shown about the character so far justifies and aligns with their behavior...when those things don't happen that's when viewers feel a disconnect from the character and the story and it feels "unrealistic" or it takes the viewer out of the story and reminds them it's an "act"...if you compare to JW, it is convincing within the environment, the background, the story we've been shown and his character that he is required to run, therefore we do not feel as though it is contrived but it feels right and is believable.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

If I take SJJ's interview from another point of view, can I conclude she will not sacrifice Jin Woo for the fantastic ending? bcz Jin Woo is the ultimate hero in this story, this is Jin Woo's story. and also her ultimate hero/heroine in her story for fantasy dramas that I've watched before always get one. so maybe I still can hope? no? yes?

yes for me. bcz Jin Woo is more than worthy to get it. ok. let's wait tonight.

• Like 9

After reading your comments regarding the finale, something comes to my mind. Min Joo’s words: “doesn’t he look exactly the same as a year ago? From his hair to his cloths, he looks just like the day he left”. His answer: “the instance dungeon. It’s a place in the game. Only I know where it is.” How did he manage to keep himself in stealth mode a year? Game induced stasis?

However, I guess this whole scene could be a clue: deleting the bug may mean that the game is restored to the previous un-bugged instance, in this case before the glitch in Alcazaba café, the master-player being like an alternate game server. Therefore, restoring the game to a specific previous point in time would probably erase player accounts/game developments/player’s levels/quests and so on. So, I’m curious if the writer choose to restore the entire timeline, giving the malfunctioning characters the chance to do things differently or to redeem themselves.

Additionally, considering the whole context, Seong bom choose to play “variations on the canon”. I assume is not that unintentional as it may seem. 

• Like 7

So the game now can operate even after the servers are shut down, this game is trying to reach Skynet level of AI 

Can't say I' sad for the loss of Prof Cha especially after what he did, but I really don't see the use of killing him now, it only makes it harder for JW cause he'll be main suspect, and doing it in the penultimate episode too? It's too much. I always had a feeling that some events in the story should've happened like an ep or 2 earlier but that's a comment for another day. 

JW now knows his mission and how to fix things, and I think HJ knows too, but I'm still confused how he's the bug/virus and needs to be killed for the game to restart clean ? I hope for one final twist and it's Emma that's the bug and not JW. 

Watching this episode was really exhausting,it was good yes, but still exhausting. I just want to wrap JW in a blanket and tell him to sleep everythingoff and that it'll be okay ( nevermind the guy is 10-12 years older than me but whatever ) I just wanna keep him safe :((( please writer give him a happy ending with HJ 

• Like 3
  • LOL 7

@stroppyse

Hmmm about when the quest is completed in this episode and later on final episode, when JW become master, I have:

- 50% hope in because the master before is SJ, which the one who created Emma from his love to sister, Emma will bad a little for the good. The quest came from master (SJ) and someone fight for life just to complete it for SJ, so Emma will thank this new master to save SJ as peacekeeper. 

- But if the Emma glitch senses it as evil move (the rescuer is considered as master SJ's enemy), whoa.. Poor JW. So poooooooorrrrrrr.  50% desperation in probability of Emma sees JW as new master SJ's enemy. Poooorrrrrr boyyy, where's your justicee:bawling:

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

My theory about the ending is, JW goes back to the church waiting for Emma appear, gives the key to her and let her stabs him again in the heart and endures the pain until Emma herself that pull out the knife. Maybe this is the only way to eliminatethe bug? I hope at the same time SeJu will help him by tracking down the virus and fix it before JW dies. 

Then the story continue with HJ finds him in the church, hold him in her hands and kisses him to wake him up (OMG it is like Snow White story!) :D

Guys, I still have hopes that the story will ends with happy ending. Not in the last minutes but maybe ⅓ of the last episode. So, JW can also solve everything with police, sends YR to jail and  sees Sujin alive. The best part is when he lives happily ever after with HJ and her family since he has nobody in his life.

Is it sound good, isn’t it? Rather than complained and get angry with the writer and the storyline, why don’t we try to make our ending version?

• Like 6

January Brand Reputation Rankings For Drama Actors Revealed

Jan 19, 2019
by E. Cha

The Korean Business Research Institute has announced this month’s brand reputation rankings for drama actors!

The rankings were determined through a data analysis of the media coverage, participation, interaction, and community indexes of 100 actors who appeared in dramas that aired between December 18 and January 19.

Check out the top 30 for this month below!

1. Yum Jung Ah
  2. Hyun Bin
  3. Song Hye Kyo
  4. Park Bo Gum
  5. Uee
  6. Jo Bo Ah
  7. Park Shin Hye
  8. Wang Suk Hyun
  9. Jang Nara
  10. Yoo Seung Ho
  11. Oh Na Ra
  12. Yeo Jin Goo
  13. Kim Yoo Jung
  14. Kim Seo Hyung
  15. Yoon Se Ah
  16. Lee Si Young
  17. Shin Sung Rok
  18. Kim Sun Ah
  19. EXO’s Chanyeol
  20. Choi Jin Hyuk
  21. Jung Joon Ho
  22. Lee Tae Ri
  23. Yang Se Jong
  24. Yoo Yeon Seok
  25. Jun So Min
  26. Lee Seol
  27. Lee Se Young
  28. Go Hyun Jung
  29. Lee Tae Ran
  30. Kim Jin Woo

Source (1)

https://www.

soompi.com/article/1295475wpp/1295475 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Annyeong chinggu...

it’s raining and i’m so gloomy (after watching last night ep n preview of tonight) ...

tbh, i dont have d courage to watch tonight’s last ep (watching longing eyes of JW n HJ, watching their love that grows stronger yet have to be part) 

Kudos for HB n PSH superb acting, superb directing from director nim ...how they interpreted script is marvelous... 

@Kasmic as Se Joo said that there’s someone who has finished the quest, ur 2nd poll is obvious, right? :D

• Like 5

My only wish and hope is for HB and PSH to get an awards for their acting in this drama . I think they really deserve that. This writer has good idea but was not able to write it really well . I think it’s the flaws of the story I’m not sure but anyway whatever it is but she’s lucky to get HB and PSH . They did a very excellent and amazing performance . They make the show really believable in every scene they act. I can’t imagine any other actors in their role . PSH nailed her two roles . Last night when she stab JW with that devil look and cold expression and HB . They didn’t say a word but their expression conveyed everything . I still think there’s a happy ending . JW and HJ suffered from the beginning so they deserve happiness in their life . Let’s warch tonite ep. 

• Like 13

2 hours ago, aine7 said:

After reading your comments regarding the finale, something comes to my mind. Min Joo’s words: “doesn’t he look exactly the same as a year ago? From his hair to his cloths, he looks just like the day he left”. His answer: “the instance dungeon. It’s a place in the game. Only I know where it is.” How did he manage to keep himself in stealth mode a year? Game induced stasis?

However, I guess this whole scene could be a clue: deleting the bug may mean that the game is restored to the previous un-bugged instance, in this case before the glitch in Alcazaba café, the master-player being like an alternate game server. Therefore, restoring the game to a specific previous point in time would probably erase player accounts/game developments/player’s levels/quests and so on. So, I’m curious if the writer choose to restore the entire timeline, giving the malfunctioning characters the chance to do things differently or to redeem themselves.

Additionally, considering the whole context, Seong bom choose to play “variations on the canon”. I assume is not that unintentional as it may seem. 

I believe in the writer, last episode will give us satisfying answer, HJ will torture SeJoo to talk more about his game or maybe let SJ log in again in the game to fix Emma. Hey, siblings SJ and HJ log in together will be cool.

IMO, Re-setting the game in order to get rid of the bug will do injustice to the players who died during the games. It's a waste of quest for JW whose trying to find the answer of why all of these happening.

I thought it will be pure jealousy/ rivalry / revenge cause of death, but..let say the bug is the reason they get killed;

Who - the bug was implanted by the creator or the hacker of the game, He/She must be someone smart that already got involvement since the first death (CHS death).

Who is the controller?, if the game is running "Live" just like the ep 15 hotel scene (After Papa Cha ordered Director in the office to open the server - that guy set up high level of NCPs to attack JW:o)

What - How the bug connected to the death players? the only common things they have are: one (or two different) server, and one gadget (The Lens).

I'm so excited for the final episode.

Please bring HB's back view ...again!

Alhambra08-00426.jpg

Cr: MOA - Dramabeans

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3