[Drama 2018-2019] Memories of the Alhambra | Recuerdos de la Alhambra, 알함브라 궁전의 추억

Admin

Writer Of “Memories Of The Alhambra” Explains How Pokémon Go Influenced The Drama

Writer Of âMemories Of The Alhambraâ Explains How Pokémon Go Influenced The Drama

At an interview, writer Song Jae Jung of tvN’s “Memories of the Alhambra” revealed how she came up with the idea for the unique drama that combines suspense with an augmented reality game theme in a Spanish setting.

Song Jae Jung explained that after “W,” she was originally thinking of writing a time-slip story as the last part of a three-part series that would include “Queen In Hyun’s Man” and “Nine.” She came up with a story about a man from the future, and that was Yoo Jin Woo (played by Hyun Bin). At the time, the story involved Yoo Jin Woo staying at a hotel room and opening the door to a stranger and who would shoot him with a gun.

She shared, “However, I didn’t feel motivated, and that’s probably because I had already written so many [time-slip stories]. While I was searching for ideas to write about, Pokémon Go was the new craze, so I got curious and tried it out.”

“I didn’t think of doing a video game theme because it didn’t seem possible to recreate a virtual reality like the movie ‘Avatar,'” she continued. “But if it were to involve augmented reality with items [on the screen] like Pokémon Go, it seemed doable. That’s when I dropped the time-slip theme and decided to only keep the character Yoo Jin Woo.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1293003wpp/writer-memories-alhambra-explains-pokemon-go-influenced-drama

• Like 11
  • Thanks 5

59 minutes ago, Kasmic said:

Its true ahjussi HB prefers scripts books than reading them on a tablet/ phone. Apparently the bigger the better :lol:

are those scripts??? I've never seen them that big, the script books (the size) shown are usually about half of those:lol:

Those are like... my thesis LOL

Ahjussi oops I mean Hyunbin oppa, why don't you go get yourself reading glasses??:P

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote IGs! Thanks! :)
  • Like 1
  • LOL 11

51 minutes ago, JojoCx3 said:

Writer Of “Memories Of The Alhambra” Explains How Pokémon Go Influenced The Drama

At an interview, writer Song Jae Jung of tvN’s “Memories of the Alhambra” revealed how she came up with the idea for the unique drama that combines suspense with an augmented reality game theme in a Spanish setting.

Song Jae Jung explained that after “W,” she was originally thinking of writing a time-slip story as the last part of a three-part series that would include “Queen In Hyun’s Man” and “Nine.” She came up with a story about a man from the future, and that was Yoo Jin Woo (played by Hyun Bin). At the time, the story involved Yoo Jin Woo staying at a hotel room and opening the door to a stranger and who would shoot him with a gun.

She shared, “However, I didn’t feel motivated, and that’s probably because I had already written so many [time-slip stories]. While I was searching for ideas to write about, Pokémon Go was the new craze, so I got curious and tried it out.”

“I didn’t think of doing a video game theme because it didn’t seem possible to recreate a virtual reality like the movie ‘Avatar,'” she continued. “But if it were to involve augmented reality with items [on the screen] like Pokémon Go, it seemed doable. That’s when I dropped the time-slip theme and decided to only keep the character Yoo Jin Woo.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1293003wpp/writer-memories-alhambra-explains-pokemon-go-influenced-drama

As a Pokemon Go player....i say the writer should have followed the logic of PoGo. I already said this before in one of my old posts. I already made comparisons with PoGo. At that time i thought it was not the best comparison. But now seeing that it is based on PoGo, i say may comparison was very apt. And JW going to the dungeon alone was all sorts of crazy and Seo still died a useless death.

Alas...we move one.

Snippet of my old post

----

I see no point of killing Seo. I see no point of them going to Granada for that ridiculous quest that gives a key for something unknown. I see no point for a level 90 player draging a level 50 player to Granada for a quest that requires 4 players to complete. Even level 40 pokemon go players (the highest level) don't raid a Tier 5 gym alone or a by a group of 2, they group together (max 20 players per group) to defeat the high level pokemon (maybe not the best example, but i think my point comes across haha )

---

• Like 11

My sister asked me how the player can hear the NPCs talking to them just by lenses, so i said to her that the player can even see the NPC without lenses, so they should be able to hear the NPC without ear bud/headphone :D

• Like 2
  • LOL 13

16 minutes ago, 12blbl said:

My sister asked me how the player can hear the NPCs talking to them just by lenses, so i said to her that the player can even see the NPC without lenses, so they should be able to hear the NPC without ear bud/headphone :D

Haha. That is a legit question. Let's just assume the players have hearing devices implanted in their ears as a prerequisite to play this game :lol:

• Like 5

Ha ha ha.. lol to your sister's question @12blbl. Very hard to find logic in this drama. As JW said 'magic'. Sometimes we need a little bit fantasy and drama to make our day a little bit wonderful. Dont think too hard on this question.

I need doses of MOA now to make my day merrier. BTS BTS, come come!! 

• Like 6
  • LOL 1

42 minutes ago, katakwasabi said:

Haha. That is a legit question. Let's just assume the players have hearing devices implanted in their ears as a prerequisite to play this game :lol:

There is a real problem of lack of detail.
It wouldn't have cost much to have at least one scene, where you see a character putting discreet (and invisible once in the ears) earpieces in addition to the lenses. 
Or explain that lenses also allow you to hear (ah ah ah ...hum...)

• Like 5

28 minutes ago, GlamGlitzy said:

Do you know how much is the Blue Ray DVD of this drama? Is it expensive? I have visited the link but it is in Hangul. I can't read and I do not understand. Please advise. Thanks.

so far there's no info about the price yet. they still do the preliminary demand survey for it, if the quota is fulfilled then there's a possibility that the DVD will be released. I'm waiting for it too. 

• Like 4

otw home, my bus seatmate is watching ep 12 and can't help but help to sneek a few glance until I realize that it was kinda rude of me :sweatingbullets:

so in order to continue the fun and while waiting for the final wknd Im going to binge watch prev ep but then of course will start w ep 11 :wub: :rolleyes:

And for everybody who tries to create a parody of the drama ... keep it going. Good night.

• Like 4
  • LOL 3

1 hour ago, katakwasabi said:

You can refer to episode 2 (but they did the explanation in spanish and gave presentation/brochure-like visuals) when they were promoting(?) on tv

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, wenchanteur said:

There is a real problem of lack of detail.
It wouldn't have cost much to have at least one scene, where you see a character putting discreet (and invisible once in the ears) earpieces in addition to the lenses. 
Or explain that lenses also allow you to hear (ah ah ah ...hum...)

Indeed. This drama lacks so much detail unless it is PPL related. There was even a backstory for those dangling earrings, a virtual box for that breitling watch, subway (lots and lots of it) as health points, the dyson vacuum to suck dust while you await for JW to call, HJ's multiple lipsticks and time spent for her to choose and apply them, that health drink, coffee (with an extra shot). And cars. Lots of Lexus cars. Everyone has one. Even Seo had a Lexus Sports Car (he is a very rich secretary) and also Bro-no-bro has a Lexus car too. *i think thats all the PPL in here. Or did i miss anything hehe*

Basicly MotA is a freaking long ad featuring HB and PSH and occasionaly some others~ heh :lol:

but when it comes to main plot: many loopholes, so many questions. Luckily the drama is ending next week muahahaha

Anyways, k-viewers and i-viewers comments here are interesting: http://netizenbuzz.blogspot.com/2019/01/tv-memories-of-alhambra-dashes-initial.html?m=1

Exp: 

6. [+72, -7] The scriptwriter better never pick up another pen, pencil, or even a colored pencil ever again.

Lol :sweatingbullets:

• LOL 7

had to quote you guys all together as your posts seems to be interconnected!!! :lol:

7 hours ago, Kasmic said:

Its true ahjussi HB prefers scripts books than reading them on a tablet/ phone. Apparently the bigger the better :lol:

@Kasmic  you crack me up on "apparently the bigger the better" line!!! :w00t:

esp when this comment follows after: 

8 hours ago, ash011 said:

Look at the director face. **his mindvoice**

Director : I made a huge mistake. I told writernim not to add a kiss scene. See how these two are acting. I think I should close the door. For everything they will practice before?  What if there is a bed scene.. They will practice that also?  :D

and

8 hours ago, sandhya05 said:

So true they practice each n every scene there is saying dat practice make person perfect it fits perfectly on these two

in this case, let us not disturbed them guys! they are serious!!! :tounge_xd: 

Spoiler

Dw5nCUWV4AAXLf3.jpg&key=846bcf4575b08196

get the hint peeps! HB already said it out loud... JW is hungry!!! :phew:

Spoiler

Dw5nCUPU0AAA4Yi.jpg&key=1e17536b0c5db016

• Like 3
  • LOL 8

3 hours ago, katakwasabi said:

Indeed. This drama lacks so much detail unless it is PPL related. There was even a backstory for those dangling earrings, a virtual box for that breitling watch, subway (lots and lots of it) as health points, the dyson vacuum to suck dust while you await for JW to call, HJ's multiple lipsticks and time spent for her to choose and apply them, that health drink, coffee (with an extra shot).

Anyways, k-viewers and i-viewers comments here are interesting: http://netizenbuzz.blogspot.com/2019/01/tv-memories-of-alhambra-dashes-initial.html?m=1

Exp: 

6. [+72, -7] The scriptwriter better never pick up another pen, pencil, or even a colored pencil ever again.

Lol :sweatingbullets:

Apparently, there is a way to find a scene about this pair of earpieces in an earlier episode.... I spoke too quickly!
I would be unable to dissect all the logical or not logical aspects of the drama, I have a very poor translation into FR made by google trad, and I don't have the opportunity to notice everything. I'll know more after I see the drama again. It was by reviewing "W" several times that I noticed that the errors I thought I had noticed were not errors.
All I know for now is that the drama is fabulous to see!

about the series of disgruntled spectators you're presenting: I don't think the raging little sentences at the end of the day are really interesting. This is poor and typical behaviour on the Internet. These people should stop watching dramas long before the writer stops writing!

• Like 4

One reason that K-dramas are becoming more popular is the strong traditionalist and strong family-friendly scripts and plots. Most English-language scripts have evolved to a new code in which political correctness boxes must be checked, and Korean-and in extension, other Asian - dramas are more conducive to people who want more TV escapism than they want real-life political indoctrination. I've been a fan since I.R.I.S myself, and have found my top shows are consistently from the Asian theater for this reason.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1