[Drama 2018-2019] Memories of the Alhambra | Recuerdos de la Alhambra, 알함브라 궁전의 추억

Admin

29 minutes ago, Celi67 said:

I don’t think the kiss scene is a fan service . It’s like goodbye kiss coz Jin woo is not sure of what’s going to happen .hes not sure whether he’ll be able to survive . How can it be fan service . If you’re in that situation what will you do . JW / HJ romance is the first kdrama romance that is very natural and it’s not the cheesy type it’s more to matured and serious type . They didn’t have much skin ship but through their eyes and gestures they express their feelings really well. As I watch I can feel that they’re not acting it’s really like real. They really such good actor and actress . If HB/ PSH accepted the first drama offered to them which is more on romance with their chemistry I’m very the rating will above 20. I agree with others that the writer drag too much and too many flashbacks . Having flashbacks is fine but not every episodes . And not with 2 episodes left should have not Yura and Su Jin come out . Not necessary . Should just have concentrate on the game and JW and HJ romance . I really pray they can work again . 

I did not mind the kiss. I love these kind of closed space kisses and 'hey don't move..' sort of face-holding kisses. There is more desperation and longing in such kisses. I mean you would only kiss in the changing room if you have no other choice. Right. But that said, I personally preferred the hug and JW taking her out to safety and making her sit in the taxi. There was more concern and care evident in those two actions than the kiss alone. Also, like someone said, timing was out. Anyways, but I can understand the need for why he did that. Maybe he thought that he might not return or that he wanted to reciprocate her desperation of stubbornly looking for him..kiss was his version of showing devotion.

• Like 10

3 hours ago, PororoQueen said:

Writer-nim please keep writing flashback after flashback ... and more flashback, I really love it.

FatDeficientChickadee-max-1mb.gif

No. no, no more please. Im at wits ends for this to happen again...*flashback* I was ok with it in the beginning. In fact I hardly took notes of it until ep 14. *sigh* I just want answers that has yet to be cleared because it is slowly being revealed through these flashbacks of a flashback of a flashback. :crazy:

I agree, maybe they filmed the scenes all in one long take. Then the PD, Writer and the editing team thought nope, stop it to that, make it more suspenseful - show it later, continue the original timeline then air the flashback again but extend it a bit then cut continue the original timeline - throw in the flashback (again) but with more extended bits, then cut the rest to be aired later.....and the cycle begins again right up to the finale.  Woah! have I lost anyone yet?...because I am. 

Let me try again with @siddy09 post. 

2 hours ago, siddy09 said:

Other than that, I found no issues with flashbacks because, heyy..story is going forward! We know what went wrong with the game, Emma is the actual glitch,  We still dont know what went wrong with the game - how is CHS and Seo became NPC died and forever attacking or defending JW? is Emma the glitch? if so the glitch wasnt fixed - the key was given to her it says the quest has been complete then...poof! nothing...next scene 

SeJu returned, JW completed the quest. How is the quest completed if JW is still missing? His obviously hiding together with Prof Cha so that HJ or anyone else will not be harmed. Does this mean the game or quest is still on? 

And not to mention, there is still one more story left to be told by JinWoo, so it is still not a failure; the story is still open!  I agree story not a failure but the delivery of it needs work. Its open because theres 2 more eps and they need to DRAG it out till then. All those pauses/ cliffhangers purposely done to continue over to the next ep.

I hope I dont offend anyone here, Im just voicing my frustrations and as much as I love MOA and Im truly enjoying the laughs that we share here. I just dont like where its heading...anymore eps I think I'll go insane not JW.

• Like 4
  • LOL 2

21 minutes ago, katakwasabi said:

Hahaha! Nice one. I never thought of other players. But yeah they would have totally died in that bomb blast. Or maybe the other players didnt realize the server was up? So no one else played at that time? I have no idea about the rules of this game. Shots out of nowhere, NPCs appearing on streets and surrounding JW's car. So many rabid NPCs going around and replicating to no end. And why are there a mishmash of NPCs ones with swords and also guns. I thought the korean NPCs are the ones with big hats. So did the terorrist NPCs took the train from Granada to Korea? Hahaha

I think other players would not be in that area. I remember JW asking Choi to direct him to higher level NPC area so that he can level up faster (middle of ep.13, when he was leaving the Univ and Choi was eating with colleagues). Him asking for more items and weapons too. Or maybe the special item also only kill NPC but not other users... ??

• Like 5

28 minutes ago, katakwasabi said:

Hahaha! Nice one. I never thought of other players. But yeah they would have totally died in that bomb blast. Or maybe the other players didnt realize the server was up? So no one else played at that time? I have no idea about the rules of this game. Shots out of nowhere, NPCs appearing on streets and surrounding JW's car. So many rabid NPCs going around and replicating to no end. And why are there a mishmash of NPCs ones with swords and also guns. I thought the korean NPCs are the ones with big hats. So did the terorrist NPCs took the train from Granada to Korea? Hahaha

If u watch the drama, you might realize that there was a conversation between prof.Cha and JW that no one allowed to play other than him and the player that he allows, so if u don't play or login in the game, you wont be affected.  one more rules..unless you are his ally , than  u will feel the pain and his enemy. 

• Like 7

From the preview it seemed pretty evident that Professor Cha is the one behind this. What I don’t get is he was clearly shocked when he put on the lens. 

This is the part I don’t get. Anyone care to speculate? 

As for his friend Seon-ho, can we safely say he is no longer one of the suspects anymore?

Su-Jin’s message of “I’m sorry” also....what does she mean?  How is she a part of all this? 

• Like 3

Haha okay it’s been weeks since I log in to soompi and the thing I could say — the drama should be called Finding Se Ju! hahahaha. Too much intense in this drama and too twisted but at least Mr Cha got to experienced the pain of being in JW situation.  Intense scene of Marco and Se Ju and I will be so much in fear if I am Se Ju. Anyway, one more week! 

Note: Kiss scene my PSH looks not so ackward doing the KS with HB and I am so damn happy; finally. Work is work with HB. 

• Like 4
  • LOL 3

1 hour ago, katakwasabi said:

nah.. that's normal.. as your level increases complexity increases in terms of multiple type of enemies, large number of them, and just basically allowing very little reaction time to the player

1 hour ago, SofeaeduT said:

If u watch the drama, you might realize that there was a conversation between prof.Cha and JW that no one allowed to play other than him and the player that he allows, so if u don't play or login in the game, you wont be affected.  one more rules..unless you are his ally , than  u will feel the pain and his enemy. 

ya but since when do we need permission to login?

aren't people meant to login by themselves?

• Like 4

1 hour ago, msbubbly said:

From the preview it seemed pretty evident that Professor Cha is the one behind this. What I don’t get is he was clearly shocked when he put on the lens. 

This is the part I don’t get. Anyone care to speculate? 

As for his friend Seon-ho, can we safely say he is no longer one of the suspects anymore?

Su-Jin’s message of “I’m sorry” also....what does she mean?  How is she a part of all this? 

1. Prof Cha plot to get rid JW. Might be he didnt calculate the game part. So, the question remain, how the game go wrong and who did? 

2. CEO Park need to start believing JW, or go under. But, we'll never know if there's a twist

3. I donno know, dont care about Su Jin. It will be good if CHS died bcoz of her. 

After my last post, the pages add 10more. So, I just jump to the last one..lol.. I will be on vacation this weekend. Hope the upcoming last two episodes will be a good, satisfying one. I dont mind spoiler. 

• Like 6

15 minutes ago, sd24 said:

howhow come jin woo walking without stick in recent episodes?

I think because he was log in into the game all day long so he can reach Level 100. 

He wasn’t limping whenever he log into the game. (Remember when he was with Prof Cha to make him an ally? he threw his stick right?)

• Like 6

23 minutes ago, greezlybee said:

I think it's because of the game. Whenever he plays, he walks normally. But when others see him from cctv, he's still limping.

Park explained it. Jinwoo just thinks he's not in pain anymore when he's playing. He limped again after the dungeon quest because he knew the servers were shut down so his brain kind of went back to normal. This is also noted when he outran the cops in Myeongdong and one of them said how he's supposed to have a limp but ran very fast. His brain just does its own thing when he's playing, I guess. It's like he's invincible and he can do anything.

CYFNPt.jpg

• Like 8

@lxands wrote:   "They are so cute...he looked so serious watching the monitor, yet at the end he turn around & cheekily teased PSH. She seemed shy & hide behind his back. They seem very comfy with each other..HB seems so relax with PSH. I think HB is single, but I heard PSH has a bf. I wonder if her bf is ok seeing her so friendly with hottest guy in SK? And heard they spent some months together overseas too to film MOA. 

Btw in the bts @3:28, PSH pulled/adjusted HB's jacket, they werent filming, right, becos HB was talking to someone on his other side, so they must be still discussing abt the scene. So I wonder if PSH's action was unscripted, that she adjusted his jacket on her own iniative"

Are they filming Memories of the Alhambra OR What Happens with Secretary Kim????

Park Shin Hye would make a great Secretary!

Soompians have commented about the flaw of the program.  The main flaw is that the intense psychological emotion and heightened alert from playing this game CAN KILL.  Can cause player to die.  Part of that is because of the intense adrenalin rush from the realism (rapid heart rate, increased blood pressure...causing cerebral hemorrhage which was what happened to the poor secretary) or may fall down and die from trauma (like CEO Yoon almost did at Hostal Bonita).  Then an addicted player won't stop, won't eat, won't care about the cold (imagine if they play this in winter with snow?!!)  the rain and can suffer physically.

The other flaw is that if the player dies while playing, he/she cannot leave the game and just wandering around aimlessly playing the same game!!!!   If the dead was dueling with a living player, he will keep doing so repetitively.  If he died killing zombie, then that will repeat also, but the zombie is not real, so no harm is done.

The main fix to the problem would be to make the game safer by not having as intense an experience (but that is the thrill of the game), and to forcibly end a user interaction in the game so it won't run endlessly in case he can't or won't log out.  It seems like the can lock out some player at this point.

The game must not violate the 1st rule of gaming.....dead man CAN't PAY to play game!!!

• Like 4
  • LOL 2
  • Thanks 1

I've been a silent reader since Ep 1 in this thread..thank you for sharing all your review for each episode..

Just wanna say these: 

I like this drama.. it's totally different from other drama...

I like the storyline..but so confusing..but I still can continue watching this drama until today...

I love this magic couple..their chemistry is no joke!! I read that their horoscope is so compatible to each other! I wanna ship this two for real! haha

I really love the way JW talk with HJ and her sister.. melting with his voice talking like that! HB is seriously a  really good actor!

What i don't like most about this drama is they keep on showing flashback and same scene over and over again.. wasting the air time for each episode... I'm a bit disappointed with the writer / director/ editor for allowing those same scene being repeatedly shown..

I think only SJ can help JW to clear up his name because SJ is the creator of this game and he should come out and tell the truth about the the bugs so that public will know the truth...at the same time can clear JW's name..

• Like 7

27 minutes ago, tiger457_stv said:

@lxands wrote:   "They are so cute...he looked so serious watching the monitor, yet at the end he turn around & cheekily teased PSH. She seemed shy & hide behind his back. They seem very comfy with each other..HB seems so relax with PSH. I think HB is single, but I heard PSH has a bf. I wonder if her bf is ok seeing her so friendly with hottest guy in SK? And heard they spent some months together overseas too to film MOA. 

Btw in the bts @3:28, PSH pulled/adjusted HB's jacket, they werent filming, right, becos HB was talking to someone on his other side, so they must be still discussing abt the scene. So I wonder if PSH's action was unscripted, that she adjusted his jacket on her own iniative"

Are they filming Memories of the Alhambra OR What Happens with Secretary Kim????

Park Shin Hye would make a great Secretary!

Soompians have commented about the flaw of the program.  The main flaw is that the intense psychological emotion and heightened alert from playing this game CAN KILL.  Can cause player to die.  Part of that is because of the intense adrenalin rush from the realism (rapid heart rate, increased blood pressure...causing cerebral hemorrhage which was what happened to the poor secretary) or may fall down and die from trauma (like CEO Yoon almost did at Hostal Bonita). 

The other flaw is that if the player dies while playing, he/she cannot leave the game and just wondering around aimlessly playing the same game!!!!   If the dead was dueling with a living player, he will keep doing so repetitively.  If he died killing zombie, then that will repeat also, but the zombie is not real, so no harm is done.

The main fix to the problem would be to make the game safer by not having as intense an experience (but that is the thrill of the game), and to forcibly end a user interaction in the game so it won't run endlessly in case he can't or won't log out.  It seems like the can lock out some player at this point.

The game must not violate the 1st rule of gaming.....dead man CAN't PAY to play game!!!

lol.. we predicted all of that by the time of first death only

• Like 1
  • LOL 3

MOA is almost at the end ...

one thing for sure, i’m gonna have a withdrawal syndrome 

If you don’t mind me asking ... please please stay for a while at this thread 

As much as i’ll miss our OTP love , i will also miss our chit chat here our fantasies our joy ... 

so please ... please stay for a while

ps :

when i close my eyes , 

i imagine JW kneel down in front of me hold my hands

look me in the eyes and say ‘everything shall be fine’ 

gosh ... i’m sorry HJ ... i stole your hubby  only for a few second ... :lol:

• Like 2
  • LOL 11

@stargazer187  said:  This brought me the thought of a theory that now is her turn to play the game. When SJ was missing, JW gives his all to find him. And now he's missing. I guess HJ will try to find him as well. Only logging in to the game, she'll be able to see what normal eyes can't see. She has an access to find his whereabouts by leveling up. Just like how JW ever did. MoA 2.0 quest 》finding Zinu. The filming location in Budapest or Slovenia that was ever reported might be the place of their next quest journey. 

Hopefully Emma and Zinu won't get stuck in the game.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Kasmic said:

Let me try again with @siddy09 post. 

I hope I dont offend anyone here, Im just voicing my frustrations and as much as I love MOA and Im truly enjoying the laughs that we share here. I just dont like where its heading...anymore eps I think I'll go insane not JW.

Okay this is for you..source.gif...hehe..:)

I can understand the frustration. It's not easy to follow this writer and it's okay to vent out. Do you want a hug? I can give you a hug..hehe.

And no please don't go insane..we chingus on this thread can't afford that.K?

Now the answers to your questions. Quest was about rescuing master, master is rescued, quest is over. Where was SJ all this time? I think in Granada. JW didn't get swapped with SJ, otherwise episode 15 preview would have not shown JW with Daddy Cha. 

About the deaths of Marco, Seo and Cha. I can understand Marco and Cha's death but not Seo's because JW didn't talk about it at all. Maybe he will..

And no bug isn't fixed. They probably will shut down the server, and will keep it shut.

Perhaps I can now understand as to why it is difficult to follow the events of this writer. It's like fill in the blanks; writer-nim provides us with ABC and DEF is something that she leaves to viewers discretion. People are perhaps facing problems in filling the blanks, joining the missing dots. Maybe it will become better once this ends and we binge watch the drama. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1