[Drama 2018-2019] Memories of the Alhambra | Recuerdos de la Alhambra, 알함브라 궁전의 추억

Admin

@Kasmic  Had requested me to critically analyse the latest OST 5 'I'm here', but I was very reluctant in doing so because since last week I am not getting any positive feelings regarding the ending that's why I didn't want to ruin the fun that we are having on this thread. 

But that said, I have really tried my best to actually pick out the more promising hints from the OST, even though there are not many. Also, whatever may come in our journey of MOA, good or bad, we will face it just like Jin Woo always has a plan of fighting back even though he continues to fall in deep darkness.

I love the voice of singer! His voice suits Jin Woo more than any other singer that I have heard. 

What I can understand is that the OST alternates between the wishes of HeeJu and the afflictions of JinWoo. The lyrics are alternatively mirroring both HeeJu and JinWoo's feelings even though the vocalist is a male. How did I infer this? Well, the very first lines say, 'I will be standing here..protecting you from cold...' The first stanza is probably from HeeJu's perspective because we know protecting and harbouring JinWoo away from danger has always been HeeJu's instinctive reaction. Then it says, 'so you will know when you hear this song..', which song is it referring to? Well, the only song that this drama has ever alluded to is the one and only, Memories of the Alhambra. More importantly, it is only HeeJu who can play this song and she is the only one who is explicitly related to it. Now the rather bitter part which I was reluctant to express; 'This can be my last wish'; I just hope that it is not HeeJu's dying wish to protect Jin Woo when it hurts or when it is cold. And that the dreaded song will not be the only living reminder of her. I just hope I analysed it wrong.:tears:

The second part is definitely from Jin Woo's perspective. 'I used to be filled with dark days and nights.." . He says, my memories of you are like warm and sunny mornings. Again the word 'memories', indicates that he is reminiscing the more beautiful parts of his life(I have now started to particularly dislike the word 'memories':vicx:). Further he says, 'I hope at the end of the story, you will be by my side like magic'...

I also have the exact same wish, that by the end of the story, both HeeJu and JinWoo- our Magical Couple remain together side by side...magic or no magic! Amen!:wub:

PS. It's Saturday already and what I can tell from my experience of W is that the last four episodes will the bumpiest ride ever. So ladies..buckle up..   tenor.gif?itemid=11789780:w00t:

And I pray that writer-SJJ and drama gods be always on our side..tenor.gif

• Like 11

2 hours ago, siddy09 said:

Guitar Woman:P

I swear if I was one of the game developers, I would have joined J One company as a programmer and made special ID's and quests for women.. halemoni would feature in the zombie dungeon quest and her weapon would be a rolling pin..

Min Ju vs. Nasrid warrior: dance face-off..lol..

Anyways, unless Heeju doesn't show some of her fighting skills, I am not changing my DP..

Hahaha Nice one, similar to Guitar Hero game :D

2 hours ago, KymberleeD said:

i am with you on this!!! "a part of the game" means not completely involve in the game!!! hahaha!

:lol:

@KymberleeD, My zombie avatar is ready tho ... :D

28 minutes ago, alcides14ahjumma said:

Park Shin updated her IG. She is on vacation with her parents in Hawaii ! :)

What are the similarities (Lol) ? Clue? MOA

PSY is in Hawaii?? Hawaii is part of USA right? - rumor said there's someone and someone vacationing in USA?

All Hallyu stars vacationing in the USA hooray :D:wub:

We, the viewers, need to visit Alhambra palace to see the magic.

• Like 4
  • LOL 6

10 hours ago, imels said:

we can see hj wearing lenses, cause the cornea looks thicker and the irises looks darker compared with Emma’s. Also we can see reflection of emma’s red veil also her figure. As long as we know new user can only sees NPC if wearing lenses, such is prof Cha. Except the tech guy that can see Emma but as a hologram, he never involved or played the game.

Is HJ able to communicate with Emma? That will tell which level HJ is! B)

Edited by Berou
Please do not quote images. Thanks :)
  • Like 7

@siddy09 thank you very much for the song analysis. For me, the song is actually more positive than negative. To me, it sounds like a confirmation of feelings from JW and HJ to each other. Things they cannot really tell each other directly.

However, what I’m scared of is the narration given to us from JW in the beginning of episodes. It seems to me like he is telling us something of the past and usually I get scared because it can be an ending I don’t want :crazy: I am hoping that the narration is just part of his perception and the ending will have nothing to do with him telling us what he is saying. Other than a sad ending, I don’t want a staring ending or open. Omg. Please no. 

You are right. The next 4 episodes will be the bumpiest rides because it will be the calm before the storm of the finale :vicx: this is also where my mind begins to overthink on what will happen towards the ending.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, vangsweetie637 said:

@siddy09 thank you very much for the song analysis. For me, the song is actually more positive than negative. To me, it sounds like a confirmation of feelings from JW and HJ to each other. Things they cannot really tell each other directly.

However, what I’m scared of is the narration given to us from JW in the beginning of episodes. It seems to me like he is telling us something of the past and usually I get scared because it can be an ending I don’t want :crazy: I am hoping that the narration is just part of his perception and the ending will have nothing to do with him telling us what he is saying. Other than a sad ending, I don’t want a staring ending or open. Omg. Please no. 

You are right. The next 4 episodes will be the bumpiest rides because it will be the calm before the storm of the finale :vicx: this is also where my mind begins to overthink on what will happen towards the ending.

I really hope Chanyeol and his chingus group EXO will sing an ost for this drama... Peter Pan will do.

• Like 6
  • LOL 1

HEY ALLLL!!! I can finally post again !!! I don't have much to say at this moment since the new episode is tomorrow YAYYYYY 

but I will say that I'm so happy Jin Woo is finally smiling again, and that he's not given up, also he asked Hee Joo for help, cheers to that he doesn't have to face it all alone !!! WOOHOOO 

also I'm gonna try and play with you all  so @Kasmic Please count me in 

Question 1: No, Hee Joo is not in the game ( although I desperately want her to be ) 

Question 2: Emma 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

@imels HAHAHA! you changed your profile pic already..what happened to watching the ep first for the confirmation. Have you admit defeat ? :tounge_wink: 

Also I dont see HJ eyes light up blue. If HJ is participating in the game, I dont think she's playing - fighting to level up nor join allegiance with JW. To request allegiance they must have the lens on plus be within close range of each other. JW is smart to say that he will not see her for a while, because  if theyre both in game mode that means they will need to join allegiance thus the NPCs and Cha will come and attack her. Im sure JW doesnt want HJ to see or experience what he does. 

Im assuming that in JW apartment, she like is experience her first encounter of Emma as what happened to JW first meeting with her. And as in the preview, HJ says something along the lines of she couldnt really talk to Emma. It's because she's not level 4 plus and Emma wont communicate with her.  

6 hours ago, PororoQueen said:

I'm on defensive mode right now hahaha, poll 1 question "a part of the game" means the need to log in to the game with ID right, (HJ not log in means HJ not involve in the game) ...deal ?:D

5 hours ago, siddy09 said:

Guitar Woman. :P

I swear if I was one of the game developers, I would have joined J One company as a programmer and made special ID's and quests for women.. halemoni would feature in the zombie dungeon quest and her weapon would be a rolling pin..

Min Ju vs. Nasrid warrior: dance face-off..lol..

Anyways, unless Heeju doesn't show some of her fighting skills, I am not changing my DP..

Bahaha! love the new game concept here. MJ fortnite dancing with the NPCs. :joy:

But in answering your question - no deal. If HJ has logged in whether or not she fights she's still apart of the game. Like Prof Cha exerts his power and minus the slaps 

ezgif-1-b4799db69891.jpgdevil-laugh-leaf-emoticon.gif

@siddy09 Thanks for your OST 5 lyrics analysis. Thats what I feared the most though I thought it might be JW whom we would loose. Like @vangsweetie637 said JW narration seems to foretell the past events in such a negative way...:heartbreak::bawling:  Nooooo to sad endings. Let's hope this new OST will indicate otherwise. It sounds cheery so theres hope there. 

It's SATURDAY... only a few more hours away. 

New stills...oh JW shows the key to HJ. Crap do I have to listen to Prof Cha now. :lol: I dont know the suspense is killing me. Woah! JW is now level 95 above SeJoo

0003934968_001_20190112090515973.jpg?typ

Read - https://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=109&aid=0003934968

• Like 4
  • LOL 6

On 1/10/2019 at 6:31 AM, rori0711 said:

hello to you too amiga and @alcides14ahjumma!!  

good answer on Poll 1 :joy: 

Yah, we can still ship JW & HJ :wub::wub: 

Aloha amiga, we are winning so far! Lol! B)

Aren’t them shippable  ? So, go for it! I am sure the JW and HJ won’t mind! The chemistry is fantastic, very natural ! It is a sin not to ship, with all the respect for the artists private life! This is business, after all! Dream and fantasize are allowed ! :D

• Like 4
  • LOL 4

@siddy09 @Kasmic i am just hoping the narration is his way of telling the ending of a beginning. Like, he is narrating his thoughts to the beginning of something magical, instead of vice versa. It could also just be a method of story-telling to let the audience know what is happening without having to act it out. For example, he narrates to us what happened to JW's parents without the need to really drag on the situation. It adds more empathy when someone else tells it than us having to watch and figure it out on our own. If someone narrates it while the situation is happening, we see more and understand it in a shorter time. Hence, I am hoping that the narration we received from JW in the beginning is just a story-telling of the beginning of their magic (love). I cannot accept anything being destroyed tragically. Also, in the beginning, he mentions that he was half right and half wrong. I am wondering exactly what that means. I think what is going to happen is that for us to understand the end, we will have to think back to the beginning? Aye. See what the finale does to me. I overthink and now my thoughts are scattered :crazy: i feel dread and anxious, and then at the same time, the gentleness within JW's eyes to HJ is so heart warming. Another thing is..it seems that the events now are happening in the present tense, hence the past must just be what happened one  year ago. Does that make sense? pulling_hair.gifpulling_hair.gif

Also, as the poll goes, if HJ does end up wearing lens to see Emma, it does mean she is a part of the game. In order to be in the game, or see its effects, the lens must be worn. Hence, if she sees Emma it means she wore the lens which means she is part of the game. Thus, that means those who vote NO for poll 1 will have to be z-o-m-b-i-e-s. I am already looking for mine. One must be prepared ;) as @Kasmic mentioned, we have to choose wisely because answers cannot be changed. A deal is a deal B)

4 hours ago, PororoQueen said:

I really hope Chanyeol and his chingus group EXO will sing an ost for this drama... Peter Pan will do.

I hope so too but I don't think they will. I haven't heard of anything yet on an ost from them being released :D

1 hour ago, katakwasabi said:

Is there no new still for SJ? Is Chanyeol just a cameo in this? I'm already bored seeing him making that phonecall. How many times more will i see it, with only 4 eps left :sweatingbullets:

LOL. I totally understand what you mean. The thing with this drama is that there are a lot of flashbacks (which takes a lot from the drama). I am not a fan of flashbacks especially if it's done excessively. We spent a lot of earlier episodes on this technique which I felt personally that there was no need to provide such. A lot of flashbacks could have been shown once. The audience can remember it easily either way. If a flash back is shown, there has to be significance. If it keeps getting shown without any meaning, it becomes boring as you stated and to me, it becomes redundant. Flashbacks should add more to the story. In this case, seeing the same scene in a flashback in almost every episodes makes me feel that the next 4 episodes will just be rushed. I hope to be wrong. But seeing we have so many answers left, it may just be the case :unsure::sweatingbullets:

Good thing is we don't have to wait too long now for the next episodes. It will be here tomorrow. I work early, so will not be able to join live recaps. But will definitely be tuning in to see what happened :D

Also, a big WELCOME to newcomers. Come join the party! 

Edit

@lduc I love those scenes above. Min Joo is a shipper like us too :lol: it is something I would have done too if I saw my sister pouring 2 tea cups hahaha

• Like 7
  • LOL 5

@vangsweetie637I love MJ too, shes indeed our lil shipper pushing these 2 lovebirds for us lol!

I always wondered about this scene and if there was more to it that we arent aware of. 

After being scared off of seeing her sister stressed and worried about JW, did MJ call JW to ask if he was in trouble with the law?  Maybe that prompt him to call her and take her out on a date just to relieve her concerns of him. I know in dramaland men are written to be more attentive but looking back on his 2 fail marriages (I wont focus on his marriage with YR - I think that was an accident and purely done to get back at CHS and SJ so I'll focus more on his 1st marriage) that was one of his weakness - not being attentive to SoJin thus he didnt notice that they were drifting apart and even after the divorce he didnt know that she had an affair.

Just wondering if JW has changed for HJ and now became more intuitive for her. Nawwww if so I need him to teach my husband :tounge_wink:

• Like 3
  • LOL 8

by the way isn't professr the zombie daddy king in rampant to Hyun bin's heroic prince?

2 hours ago, Kasmic said:

Im loving the look of this article...prompting not only our poll  2 question but the answer to this drama lol!

'Memories of Alhambra Palace' Hyun Bin vs Park Shin Hye vs Chan Yeol, who is the final KEY?

My vote - Electricity :)

• Like 1
  • LOL 10