[Drama 2018-2019] Memories of the Alhambra | Recuerdos de la Alhambra, 알함브라 궁전의 추억

Admin

32 minutes ago, stargazer187 said:

I guess with or without the internet he still could play. It's like how he automatically log in even without the lenses and also just like how the game keep playing even they have forced to log out after removing the lenses. 

Agreed. Sighh.. but she didn't make it. And their internet connection is shutdown so he couldn't ask YJ to do this. 

What makes me more upset why they killed Seo instead of saving him. There's plenty of reasons they could use to do so. Health potion, JW should have one for Seo as well. Or let the pirates he'd hired saved him. Sighhh... I still feel bitter on this. <_<

I'm salty as the dead sea for seo's untimely death. I think i've never felt this bitter towards a drama hahaha.

At this point, the writer just want JW to suffer so HB can show his acting chops. He acts sad so well.

tumblr_pkkaw6L3d31vqfmslo5_r1_400.gif

tumblr_pkkaw6L3d31vqfmslo1_r2_400.gif

Credits to http://captainjoongki.tumblr.com for gifs

• Like 10
  • Sad 6

Hello, everyone,

First I apologize to @stargazer187 for not being able to continue our previous conversation, I didn't have time to finish my answer and translate it.
I am currently in a frantic race, devoting every second of my free time to writing W season 2, reaching episode 40 (20 hours of theoretical filmed content). In short, nothing else matters in my life anymore, but I still manage to free up time to eat quickly, go to the toilet, take a shower, and post one or two comments here. Sleeping annoys me and wastes my time, and if I do, it's to keep my mind sharp and not to deteriorate the quality of writing.
MOA drama is for me a unique motivating factor. Song Jae-Jung's ability to give substance and reality to a new theme to each of her dramas amazes me. Especially particularly deep themes at the level of symbolism, metaphors, deep psychology. I already told you that I was a fan of the scriptwriter, I suppose?! ^^

MOA makes sense in my mind, with multiple analogies. The closure to others and the confinement in the illusory world of gambling corresponds to the transformation of others into NPCs for those who flee reality through gambling.
This scenario is still a story that is resolutely original in its theme. Of course, we knew stories that happened in games (SAO), or computer worlds (Matrix), but the principle of using augmented reality (and not virtual reality) is new. It is thanks to this confusion between reality and augmented reality that Drama is awesome. There is no travel to another dimension. Everything is mixed in reality itself, invisible to people, visible or even deadly to players. It's just WAHOU!!!!! For me, SJJ succeeds in renewing its own drama W exploit, concerning the main lines.

I will just focus on three elements of episodes 9 and 10:

- The complexity of the scenario through the use of flashbacks/foreback, giving a labyrinthine aspect to the story. Personally, I also use flashbacks, but not at this level of intricacy. It gives me the impression that you not only have to have finished your own story (on this level, it's still going to happen, I'm the type to structure...), but above all that you have to reorganize your own story to give it the best chronology. That's where it goes wrong and I'd lose courage. Dozens, hundreds of hours of writing have been completed, and then all this has to be relocated elsewhere, rewritten and told in a different way. The working time must be astronomical. Once a scene has been moved to an earlier point, in another episode, what about missing or overtime? It is certainly a labyrinth for the author herself, forced to juggle tons of text blocks, forced to recalculate the time of each episode. Maybe she writes it directly like this on her first draft? Assuming she has a very detailed plan of her script? I thought she was writing more along the way, or did I misunderstand what she said in her previous interview? And this way of doing things seems impossible to me when I see the cohesion of her stories, and the multiplicity of the frames that intersect.

- The death of Seo Jung-hoon. I am naive enough to have been surprised by this twist until the last moment. But also, I voluntarily stopped wanting to anticipate everything in order to better enjoy the drama. There is the moment when we think he is dead, but hopefully he will come back to help JW as an ally. It ends up happening, JW sees "An ally has arrived", and then BOOOMMMM... His friend became an NPC.... Goose bumps.... !!! This is very much in the spirit of Diablo games, in which a computer-controlled character helps the player in action. In the MOA universe, dead PVP enemies become enemy NPCs, and dead player friends become allies NPCs. JW and Jung Se-joo, addicted players, transform their reality into a game, and their relatives into NPC, instead of living and loving....

- The quest for the fortress. It's all about symbolism and psychology. This is the theme of the man who must leave his own labyrinth and fight the monster, to find himself. A psychological aspect in accordance with the nature of man. In "W", SJJ used the psychological quest of women in the enchanted world, "W" as in Wonderland, Alice in Wonderland. JW's psychological quest is transcribed into physical action, through the game of augmented reality. The fortress also symbolizes his own inner fortress, for this man who is so walled up in himself, so unable to open his heart, that he makes us wait for 10 episodes before starting the love story of the drama. That's how much this guy has serious emotional difficulties ! His quest already begins with the sincere and true emotion he experiences when he understands the horrible death and transformation of his friend, the difference between being alive and NPC, he certainly understands that he saw others as NPCs in real life. End of the episode, there is a light, what is it? I would bet on the emergence of EMMA. After all, she is the real objective of his inner quest. To start loving others, start loving a woman.

Fightin' :kiss_closed:

• Like 12
  • Thanks 3

Sec Seo :bawling:  Long live City Hunter! 

Just a thought.  Se Joo programmed the instructions to indicate that up to 4 players can join to complete the quest.  It’s a pretty big clue that this is an extremely difficult quest.  I wonder if there is a meaning behind this challenge.  If Se Joo was held captive here, who would be able to program this kind of challenge in the game? Is Se Joo being held captive in Alhambra or is this his way of locking him in for self protection.  Also, did it crossed Jin Woo’s mind to recruit more allies before entering the dungeon?  I know he was pressed for time and has no choice to soldier on after losing his secretary.   In a way, this kind of challenge forces Jin Woo to learn to trust others again. I have no doubt the first person is Hee Joo.

BTW, it’s cool that the game forces the player to leave behind all modern weapons, including Jin Woo’s cane, allowing him to fight without disability.  

• Like 10

My heart broke when Secretary Seo died and Ji Woo knows it immediately when he saw him. I cried buckets seeing that shocked eyes of Hyun Bin.

(In my 14 years of stanning this Hyun Bin he never fails to amazed me even they said that his works always a flop no one could take him down. I love him since Ireland, watch his first movie Millionaire’s First Love where I cried buckets too! His Kim Sam Soon — I bought the original DVD from Korea it broke my pocket literally — so expensive during those time but worth it as I could still play the DVD and HD. Worlds Within, Hyde, Jekyll & Me said it were flop for me no.  He gave his all.  His Secret Garden haha! I love it - he can be loud, crazy, comedic and childish but still look handsome.  But my personal best will always be Snow Queen! I watched that drama literally more than 20x without skipping or fast forward. All his post millitary works — Fatal Encounter, Confidential Assignment and Swindler —had to subscribed to mobile TV platform because of these movies. Hahaha. Anyway, I need to stop this is not the personal forum of Hyun Bin.)

JW was so happy seeing an ally has appeared but to his shocked its zombie City Hunter. My heart sunk more when I saw the open eyes of dead Secretary Seo who seems to be fighting hard before he died. 

After seeing these things the image of Se Ju knocking in his new house in Seoul came running back. He’s fear shows all.  I commend Chanyeol for this little portrayal. 

Another scene was when CEO Son Ho received the last will of Ji Woo! It’s like I am watching Train to Busan - Gong Yoo’s fear was so heart breaking. Seung Joon was with Hyun Bin in Hyde, Jekyll and Me drama as his executive assistant and close comrade. Hahah I’m happy seeing these two again. They banter cutely in that drama. But I’ll missed Secretary Seo. If this story is real and he died like that how can you say this news to the family. 

But there’s one tickling scene Yang Joo the head of programming team cannot hold his brain to ask “are you married?” “you are much beautiful in person.” to Emma!  Hahaha spot on facing such a beauty from  AR to reality! Hahahha! 

Anyway, the story is going nowhere for me as this is too dragging. Too much story telling — how they will tell this to the public since they are also trying to do IPO on this as discussed during the Barcelona trip.  The market will not accept this kind to investment, too risky! If this will push through even reinsurance cannot help. Only crazy investor will invest - commercial or securities wouldn’t even dare to invest. 

But I am hooked - I want to know how this will end and anyway - everyone’s portrayal are spot on. I don’t know what can kind of internalization they did to shown these pure, raw emotions either it is pain, being cute, bantering, etc. The actors showed their best. The graphics hands-up they are in its best editing and my, the musical score soothing and proper! 

Can’t wait for next weekend! Happiest New Year everyone! Toast to 2019! 

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

@wenchanteur 

thanks for posting! Writing is never easy. Like you said, there are so many structural elements to be put together and god forbid- the rewriting! Particularly in a show with so many flashbacks.

I thought the light at the end of the EP might be Emma too just because he is in the state he is in and needs a healer.

what do you write? Is it shared with the public? :)

• Like 6

1 hour ago, rocat said:

@wenchanteur 

thanks for posting! Writing is never easy. Like you said, there are so many structural elements to be put together and god forbid- the rewriting! Particularly in a show with so many flashbacks.

I thought the light at the end of the EP might be Emma too just because he is in the state he is in and needs a healer.

what do you write? Is it shared with the public? :)

W two worlds, season 2. I put the answer in spoiler to avoid being off topic:

Spoiler

https://forums.soompi.com/en/topic/384845-drama-2016-w-two-worlds-더블유/?page=882&tab=comments#comment-21272790

I see this in two ways:
- in the form of a script, adapted for production, inspired by the script of season 1, written by Song Jae-Jung, since she was kind enough to publish it.
- in the form of a drama-photo (or photo-drama), an original concept of which I can't find any examples on the internet.

I refrain from publishing anything until I have finished writing all the episodes. Then I will probably publish the first episode, on a blog, or some other site. Publishing the rest will be quite long, the time of the realization of the photo-drama is enormous, I don't know yet if I will wait until I have finished everything. Three episodes are complete, and several others have begun. Finding one or more people interested in making the photo-montages would be ideal, but I don't expect too much.  In fact, I have not taken any steps to look for that.

I don't know yet if I could really adapt this into a script to send it to MBC (knowing that it will certainly be refused for many understandable reasons, not necessarily depending on the quality of the story). It could be a waste of time to try, but the story itself seems to want to live its life in the most intense way, and pushes me to try, even in vain.

I have already written many other stories, as well as role-playing scenarios. I took a scriptwriting course at university a long time ago, and I read articles on the subject, but it doesn't help me that much.

This is the first time that quality is so present, perhaps 10 times higher than before, and I know I don't have that ability. And it's also the first time I've experienced an almost supernatural form of inspiration.  I have the feeling that I only do one tenth of the work, and that story is a form of independent thought, wanting to live, and using me as a simple tool or channel to develop. What I'm saying may sound a little strange. I remember an interview with Song Jae-Jung two years ago, where she said that her story was leading her own life. I didn't understand it then, but I do now.

• Like 6

4 hours ago, stargazer187 said:

What makes me more upset why they killed Seo instead of saving him. There's plenty of reasons they could use to do so. Health potion, JW should have one for Seo as well. Or let the pirates he'd hired saved him. Sighhh... I still feel bitter on this. <_<

-_--_--_-

• Like 2

Late to the party as usual. I made the mistake of starting a new C drama (Like a Flowing River) and got quite caught up with that. It's so unusual to enjoy a C drama unreservedly these days. And then I had to wait for my daughter to be available so that we could watch Alhambra together.

Hmmm... I suppose it wouldn't be a K drama if there wasn't some kind of political upheaval in the offing. 

I have to say the last couple of episodes Episodes 9 and 10 were a definite improvement on the previous two. Even though we're none the wiser as to why the game takes on a life of its own, kills losers, brings them back as zombie players, who killed Marco or if SJ is really Master, I had a blast watching JW blasting or slashing his way to safety. Less happy though was JH carking it. It's funny though, in the early days, I found him awkward and annoying but over time, I had grown quite fond of him. He came across as being obsequious and inauthentic initially but over time, his loyalty to JW developed into a bit of a bromance. Poor fellow... even in death and as a member of the undead in the game... he is still cleaning up after JW. :tears:

Can someone tell me again what Prof Cha is professor of? I am tempted... itching... to pin the title of Big Bad on Prof Cha not because he seems heartless or not because he appears to be prioritizing the company over the welfare of people he claims to care about. Those are the obvious aspects of his flawed personality. I keep thinking that there's something else going on in that head of his. Something sinister. I'm just not convinced that the game is purely a SJ-Marco collaborative effort. I keep wondering if there's someone else behind the scenes manoeuvring things, using the game as a psychological experiment. Of course there's no proof of that and Prof Cha might just be a cold, arrogant control freak that runs a tight ship. Nothing more. ;) Whatever else he might or might not be... let's just say I'm not a fan.

It was pleasing to see HJ return to being more of the unerring optimist that we introduced to earlier. A part of me wishes that she had gone to Granada with JW because all the best parts of this show are in Spain. But her oppa who is almost family was dreadful in this episode. Giving JW a sock in the jaw was somewhat understandable but shoving HJ around was appalling. He seemed to be overdosing on testosterone and adrenaline in a bad way. Clearly the green-eyed monster had taken possession. Can't say I wasn't happy to see JW get in a few good whacks. ;)

I really want to know more about Su Jin and how that marriage fell apart. The writer's not as forthcoming as I was hoping she'd be. I don't think she's the femme fatale that JW was led to believe. I can quite believe that it wasn't just a simple matter of adultery and abandonment. The fact that he didn't pick up on the signs is telling too. I also don't think CHS was the villain JW thought him to be. It's clear that JW is beginning to have a an inkling or two on that front.

The show does some interesting things with individual perspectives. I don't think it does it quite as well as some other dramas I've seen this year though even if it's trying with the non-linear storytelling here and there. Perhaps it seems unfair to compare it to something like Prison Playbook which was a brilliant example of how to manipulate points of view to create genuine suspense, humour and twists. But it isn't as if the writer is new to this sort of thing. The problem I feel with Alhambra is that the writer tries too hard to create suspense to the point where it's hard to know if she's being inconsistent or trying to be clever. Is she going to do a final "Ta-da..." reveal at the end? I hope it won't be a case of too little too late.

• Like 9

4 hours ago, wenchanteur said:

life. End of the episode, there is a light, what is it? I would bet on the emergence of EMMA. After all, she is the real objective of his inner quest. To start loving others, start loving a woman

Agreed. The healer Emma, trying to rescue him by become his ally on the game or just  heal him to make him strong to continue?!??:huh::rolleyes:

• Like 6

6 hours ago, ismaeni said:

So where is JW??

My POV, 

JW will be save from the dungeon from Alhambra's security or whoever. He will be hospitalized. But dissappeared or we should say he ran away the second times. Hee...  This answers the scene HJ come to the hospital in the preview and Park said JW dissapeared. 

And HJ go to find him and found him at the kiss scene. HJ brings him back to Korea and JW attends Sec Seo funeral. Ehhh.. I posted this before.. We r crazy.. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, wenchanteur said:

W two worlds, season 2. I put the answer in spoiler to avoid being off topic:

Reveal hidden contents

https://forums.soompi.com/en/topic/384845-drama-2016-w-two-worlds-더블유/?page=882&tab=comments#comment-21272790

I see this in two ways:
- in the form of a script, adapted for production, inspired by the script of season 1, written by Song Jae-Jung, since she was kind enough to publish it.
- in the form of a drama-photo (or photo-drama), an original concept of which I can't find any examples on the internet.

I refrain from publishing anything until I have finished writing all the episodes. Then I will probably publish the first episode, on a blog, or some other site. Publishing the rest will be quite long, the time of the realization of the photo-drama is enormous, I don't know yet if I will wait until I have finished everything. Three episodes are complete, and several others have begun. Finding one or more people interested in making the photo-montages would be ideal, but I don't expect too much.  In fact, I have not taken any steps to look for that.

I don't know yet if I could really adapt this into a script to send it to MBC (knowing that it will certainly be refused for many understandable reasons, not necessarily depending on the quality of the story). It could be a waste of time to try, but the story itself seems to want to live its life in the most intense way, and pushes me to try, even in vain.

I have already written many other stories, as well as role-playing scenarios. I took a scriptwriting course at university a long time ago, and I read articles on the subject, but it doesn't help me that much.

This is the first time that quality is so present, perhaps 10 times higher than before, and I know I don't have that ability. And it's also the first time I've experienced an almost supernatural form of inspiration.  I have the feeling that I only do one tenth of the work, and that story is a form of independent thought, wanting to live, and using me as a simple tool or channel to develop. What I'm saying may sound a little strange. I remember an interview with Song Jae-Jung two years ago, where she said that her story was leading her own life. I didn't understand it then, but I do now.

Good on you! Keep it up! I am sure you’ll find success one day. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Guys the wait till Saturday is seeming too long and since this is the holiday period, I was wondering if you could give some suggestions on what I could watch between today and Saturday. I haven't watched many kdramas and would like to experiment. My taste- anything with a good story plus romance!

Thank you and happy new year!!!

• Like 8

5 minutes ago, rita96 said:

Guys the wait till Saturday is seeming too long and since this is the holiday period, I was wondering if you could give some suggestions on what I could watch between today and Saturday. I haven't watched many kdramas and would like to experiment. My taste- anything with a good story plus romance!

Thank you and happy new year!!!

Have you tried What’s wrong with Secretary Kim? :)

if not, that is one to start with. Careful it doesn’t do you in. 

• Like 4
  • LOL 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, katakwasabi said:

Programmer dude can use his programmer skills and geotag the item as if its made in alhambra. It could be done, if the writer wanted it to happen. Lolz

He should have not bothered meeting uninformative emma and just go weapon shopping after giving the pirates the task to find city hunter. Now he is stuck in a dungeon with maybe one or 2 swords. 

Have you guys ever wondered how JW can play dungeon and zombies? The game uses internet. He got disconnected from programmer dude because there was no connection underground. So how can he still play? Ahahaha

Oh well. No need to make sense of the game anymore. At this rate, magic is the only possible explanation. Or is it a dream? Or is it a mind game?  Hehehehehe

but he already explained they are not able to overwrite original feature at all.. so original geo tagging in the original program's reference database clearly can't be manipulated :P

Instead, i would have just created multiple logins :P and sent a troop of people to help him

• Like 5

3 hours ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

I have to say the last couple of episodes Episodes 9 and 10 were a definite improvement on the previous two. Even though we're none the wiser as to why the game takes on a life of its own, kills losers, brings them back as zombie players, who killed Marco or if SJ is really Master, I had a blast watching JW blasting or slashing his way to safety.

I think there will be some additional explanations on how this works. But that there will be no explanation of why. The phenomenon shown is paranormal. It is such a story that we have seen it in the classic series "the twilight zone". The mystery remains intact, and because of this, the spectator feels a great thrill, even after the series is over.

• Like 11