[Drama 2018-2019] Memories of the Alhambra | Recuerdos de la Alhambra, 알함브라 궁전의 추억

Admin

17 hours ago, stroppyse said:

Still, I keep wondering if Sec Seo, HS, and Marco are truly dead, or if JW will be able to complete a quest that "regenerates" those people somehow as someone else had alluded to. But given that real life people outside of the game are seeing these people dead and that so much time has passed with various bodies being corpses, I do think that they are dead. If so, this is definitely the darkest drama this writer has written.

One of the Naver comments mentioned about W and manhwa characters dying in real but living in manhwa. Here it is totally different, they have turned into robots, deader than dead! But 'magic' can bring them back, for sure! Anyways, you are right, this drama is indeed dark, gloomy and depressing. I mean if it weren't for the supposed kiss, we would all still be mourning over Seo's death. 

As someone mentioned, as of now there are only two possibilities;

1- Prof Cha+Park+a third person= make JW's life hell using this game as a tool.

2- The game hates human race and all those who have tried to gain benefit from it. Cha who tried to make money from it-dead. Marco who tried to sell it-dead. SJ who tried to sell it-missing. JW is escaping somehow but game is after him. Seo- collateral damage. 

@katakwasabi IKR! I can't watch horror movies..I just can't! BTW, I just checked on Netflix, MOA is under these genres; Mind-bending, Imaginative, Suspenseful, Romantic. 

Where is horror in this?? And definitely the show has managed to 'bend' our beautiful 'minds'. I will give the writer credit for that at least.

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Kasmic said:

I think it mentions something about the quest being interrupted. :blink: 

Is an "interrupted quest" can be considered as a "failed quest" ? If yes, it will have a significant impact to JW's effort to find Seju ....

It was mentioned twice in the game( on the train and at the  dungeon's entrance) that the quest is for "one time try" only..

EmMN87y.png

brcpWxI.png

• Like 12

2 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

I agree with you. I would be really disappointed if it turns out to be a dream, however I doubt this will come true. But who knows...

Anyway, I am still convinced that the real attempt was to murder someone. So far, professor Cha seems to be the main suspect. Then I had added director Park and KSB as suspects. Now, I am wondering if SJ could be behind it and seduced Park in order to get rid of CSH and JW. Maybe my fantasy is running wild, yet this scene between professor Cha and director Park intrigued me a lot. Why did he tell Park that YR came to his office and told him a funny story? However he never explained what the funny story was. Then he added that he had run a DNA test and it was confirmed that he was definitely CSH's son. First, everyone thought that professor Cha implied that SJ had an affair with JW. But what if with his words, professor Cha was warning Park telling him that he knew about the affair between SJ and Park. When he explained that the paternity test confirmed that his grandson was related to him, we could interpret that professor Cha wanted to warn JW's friend that SJ might have manipulated Park in reality.

What if SJ's real goal was to inherit everything? This would explain why professor Cha disowned his son as he was scared that SJ was after his shares. CSH left the company and created his own... so technically, she and her son must have inherit his shares from the company. Then by seducing Park, she might have convinced him to get rid of JW so that he would become the next CEO.  Striking is that professor Cha asked JW to remarry SJ. If we see in this perspective that Park and SJ are together, Cha wanted to show that Park will never have the possibility to marry SJ, he will do everything in order to stop it. Notice that SJ is trying to make JW doubt Cha's intentions. So what if she wants JW to rely more on Park so that in the end, JW will never doubt Park's actions? Park knew that JW was in Barcelona and had received the offer from SJ. What if they had seized the opportunity to get rid of CSH and JW at the same time but it didn't work out. MAybe professor Cha knew about the game and if he had allowed an autopsy, JW would have been arrested. If JW had been caught, then Park and SJ could have succeeded. JW in jail, JW would lose his CEO seat.

JW has always been annoyed with SJ's tears because they were always shown with fake excuses. We heard from CSH that JW made SJ miserable in their marriage. What if SJ had lied while crying in order to create a riff between these two persons? She knew about professor Cha's terrible temper and the terrible relationship between CSH and his father. What if she made JW look like professor Cha so that CSH felt the need to help SJ? So far, SJ has a few scenes but I feel that there is more than it meet the eye. 

But okay, this is just a wild theory... @siddy09 @Kasmic

Okay, the theory is indeed wild but plausible. Why because a sudden thought occurred to me about HeeJu dreaming about SJ, it seemed like SJ wanted to say something to his sister, he looked guilty somehow to me..I don't know why. As if he did something wrong and now wants noona's help. At first I thought that SJ is being forcefully shut but now I am thinking what if he is being held against his will somewhere with a computer and he is forced to make the game go haywire. 

About SuJin, well I never liked her but I do agree with one of the statements of Prof Cha when he told her that 'you are cause of everything that has happened'. I like the actor who plays Director Park, seems genuine to me but now I am suspecting him too, why because the director deliberately focused on the photograph which had Daddy, Park plus JW in between..one thing that I concluded while watching the work of this writer is that nothing is out of context..everything is there for something..

tenor.gif?itemid=7239183

• Like 6

1 hour ago, stargazer187 said:

Aww that's pretty helping a bit. Hahaha. Right, the back hug can easily set fans to shipping them. They seems watching ep 10 together last night. 

I really like the cake and that little revolver and guitar..so symbolic. Are the fans actually shipping BinShin..?? They are visually appealing onscreen for sure but I am not so sure about offscreen...more like co actors..anyways who knows..:wub:

• Like 6

There is possibility that the game itself was the mastermind or the evil culprit. Somehow it grew beyond Seju and Marco’s capability.  First it modified itself to become real action and then it changed the rule to whatever it likes 

• Like 5
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

You guys. Im so devasted that Seo died. I mean, out of other characters, the writer picked him to die! I legit feel so depressed after watching ep 10. I'm literally just spacing out and stare blankly at the wall for quite sometimes (trying to process what the heck just happened lol) Watching Hyun Bin cried over the death of Seo doesn't help either! The tears rolling down his cheeks... ugh BRB grabbing tissues. Sobs. 

Anyway I've to conclusion that I'm gonna stop thinking the logic of the game (I give up tbh haha) and just enjoy the show (and feast my eyes with how cool Hyun Bin look in fighting scenes, with the guns and all. HE'S ONE BEAUTIFUL MAN. ) 

• Like 8

5 hours ago, siddy09 said:

Okay, the theory is indeed wild but plausible. Why because a sudden thought occurred to me about HeeJu dreaming about SJ, it seemed like SJ wanted to say something to his sister, he looked guilty somehow to me..I don't know why. As if he did something wrong and now wants noona's help. At first I thought that SJ is being forcefully shut but now I am thinking what if he is being held against his will somewhere with a computer and he is forced to make the game go haywire. 

About SuJin, well I never liked her but I do agree with one of the statements of Prof Cha when he told her that 'you are cause of everything that has happened'. I like the actor who plays Director Park, seems genuine to me but now I am suspecting him too, why because the director deliberately focused on the photograph which had Daddy, Park plus JW in between..one thing that I concluded while watching the work of this writer is that nothing is out of context..everything is there for something..

he he..

And i have no confusions over the plot anymore.. and my reason is quite simple,

going by writer's work, she is not capable of awesome  thriller logical twists :)

does anyone else see the scene in preview where HB is not bleeding and looking through the prison bars and he is not brooding..

Did he go back into the dungeon after being healed.. doesn't look like healing is possible so soon

• Like 5

If it's unvolontary but until now; JW " killed" 2 persons !!!! HS and Jung Hun

He knows that JH's level is low why he took JH with him to Granada ???

When JH called him coming to save him, his reactions were slow;

Hee Ju cried and screamed at JW like she took care and worried so much about her brother ??

For me..... I can't feel it 

She lets a kid ( 17 years old, he's minor) living out side of family; he lived and worked with a guy like Marco...

There's a french speech ' Tell me who is your friend, I'll tell you who you are'

There's a high technology now in internet... webcam, whatsap, Viber, Messenger....

She can call and talks with SJ anytimes.... but no..... 

Look with Min Ju now, a kid who doesn't work well at school just wants becoming....an idol !!

This family is not normal !

• Like 2
  • LOL 2

@diane90 JW is not responsible for either death, the game is what killed them. JH level was not that low, JW wanted JH to be at least level 50, so he gave him plenty of time to train before they went. Had JW gone by himself he would have not lasted and possibly would have died himself now we know that they can still die without having to fight another player. And he wasn't being slow, he was trapped and surrounded by enemies himself.

• Like 13

DvwwePcU0AYryK_.jpg

On December 31, Good Data Corporation released their list of TV dramas and cast members that had received the most public attention between December 24 and December 30.

To compile the list, Good Data Corporation analyzed 35 dramas and their respective casts in the areas of news articles, blog posts, online communities, social media, and video clip views.

List of Top 10 Buzzworthy Dramas:

1. JTBC’s “SKY Castle”
  2. tvN’s “Memories of the Alhambra”
  3. SBS’s “The Last Empress”
  4. tvN’s “Encounter”
  5. JTBC’s “Clean with Passion for Now”
  6. tvN’s “Mama Fairy and the Woodcutter
  7. SBS’s “My Strange Hero
  8. KBS’s “My Only One”
  9. MBC’s “Children of Nobody”
  10. KBS’s “Feel Good to Die”

buzzworthy-dramas1.jpg

List of Top 10 Buzzworthy Actors:

1. Hyun Bin – tvN’s “Memories of the Alhambra”
  2. Jang Nara – SBS’s “The Last Empress”
  3. Yeom Jung Ah – JTBC’s “SKY Castle”
  4. Choi Jin Hyuk – SBS’s “The Last Empress”
  5. Park Shin Hye – tvN’s “Memories of the Alhambra”  
  6. Park Bo Gum – tvN’s “Encounter”
  7. Kim Bo Ra – JTBC’s “SKY Castle”
  8. Shin Sung Rok – SBS’s “The Last Empress”
  9. Kim Yoo Jung – JTBC’s “Clean with Passion for Now”
  10. Song Hye Kyo – tvN’s “Encounter”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1285943wpp/hyun-bin-jang-nara-sky-castle-top-buzzworthy-trends-week

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, stroppyse said:

So, now I wonder whether the game server shutdown interrupting the quest give JW another chance to finish the quest? They don't say as much, but given this writer, it could be, that when the game server is brought up again, that the quest continues rather than having reset everything in the game.

Thanks for this.. 

Maybe the server shutdown and finding-JinWoo-with-flashlights happened simultaneously. And he will probably restart the quest in the exact same position as before shutdown. Now I wonder if the server shutdown will affect the zombies or not because this is the first time they will shut off the server. 

Maybe he should take halemoni along with her rolling pin this time..she can defo beat one or two zombies with her skills...:lol:

1 hour ago, enigmatic_zephy said:

he he..

And i have no confusions over the plot anymore.. and my reason is quite simple,

going by writer's work, she is not capable of awesome  thriller logical twists :)

She has been giving awesome twists but not necessarily logical. I know what you are trying to say is that take the episodes on their face-value and don't bother finding reasonings but still I want to give the writer liberty to explain till the sixteenth episode airs because with all its illogical twists and everything, I still can't dislike the show. So ranting and building theories along with others is one of the ways actually enjoying the show, at least we tried..ha!<_<

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, siddy09 said:

Thanks for this.. 

Maybe the server shutdown and finding-JinWoo-with-flashlights happened simultaneously. And he will probably restart the quest in the exact same position as before shutdown. Now I wonder if the server shutdown will affect the zombies or not because this is the first time they will shut off the server. 

Maybe he should take halemoni along with her rolling pin this time..she can defo beat one or two zombies with her skills...:lol:

She has been giving awesome twists but not necessarily logical. I know what you are trying to say is that take the episodes on their face-value and don't bother finding reasonings but still I want to give the writer liberty to explain till the sixteenth episode airs because with all its illogical twists and everything, I still can't dislike the show. So ranting and building theories along with others is one of the ways actually enjoying the show, at least we tried..ha!<_<

see this series would become awesome, if it turns out someone was indeed planning something.. but that is just not her style.. she doesn't deal with villains.. for her fate is everything.. and it is super intelligent to keep start and same

that's why i don't think humans actually have a role here.. bad or good but they aren't killing people.. now the question is if there is a specific server or that HB will die and come back to life (so when he dies, game disconnects him and he comes back alive.. and free of the game)

• Like 4
  • Confused 3

K-DRAMA

Key Moments In Episode 10 Of “Memories Of The Alhambra”

By abbyinhallyuland | December 31, 2018

AN UNFORTUNATE SACRIFICE INEVITABLY DENTS THE ALREADY BROKEN HEART OF OUR HERO IN MEMORIES OF THE ALHAMBRA.

Something more than hope seems to be much needed as Memories of the Alhambra has sprinted to a saddening journey. Hyun Bin and Park Shin Hye took an emotional route in the fifth week of their series.

Memories of the Alhambra

On board a train to Granada, Jin Woo’s secretary Jeong Hun steps out of the train first leaving Jin Woo inside the restroom. But a sudden attack of game villains defeats Jeong Hun, while Jin Woo is saved since he failed to get off the train.

As soon as he steps out, he asks for some help from the train station to search for Jeong Hun. Patiently waiting for the next train back to Granada, Jin Woo worries about his secretary. Opening the game quest, Jin Woo heads to the direction where he can complete it.

After battling out the opponents inside the train when he goes inside the Granada’s grid, he heads to the equipment store in the city.

(to be continued ...)

https://www.hellokpop.com/kdrama/memories-of-the-alhambra-episode-10-recap/

• Like 6

10 hours ago, fyEkz said:

But one can only use weapon from granada in the secret quest.. JW has to leave all his modern weapons and special items behind.. he should go weapon shopping before he continues the quest, assuming that he will.. it seems like he still has ~30 min left before the server shut down?

Programmer dude can use his programmer skills and geotag the item as if its made in alhambra. It could be done, if the writer wanted it to happen. Lolz

He should have not bothered meeting uninformative emma and just go weapon shopping after giving the pirates the task to find city hunter. Now he is stuck in a dungeon with maybe one or 2 swords. 

Have you guys ever wondered how JW can play dungeon and zombies? The game uses internet. He got disconnected from programmer dude because there was no connection underground. So how can he still play? Ahahaha

Oh well. No need to make sense of the game anymore. At this rate, magic is the only possible explanation. Or is it a dream? Or is it a mind game?  Hehehehehe

• Like 7
  • LOL 3

8 hours ago, stroppyse said:

A translation of the text preview.

4ea397b91c6df32dde4b099c0089a310.png

The server is closed and the quest has been interrupted!
Thinking that he’s lost his chance to find Se Joo and without any possibility of doing so!

Having narrowly been saved, Jin Woo finds Jung Hoon’s body at a hospital in Granada and crumbles from guilt…

Having saved Jin Woo from his plan to die, Hee Joo rushes to Granada out of worry over Jin Woo and Se Joo, but even though she’s at the hospital, she can’t find Jin Woo…!

So, now I wonder whether the game server shutdown interrupting the quest gives JW another chance to finish the quest? They don't say as much, but given this writer, it could be, that when the game server is brought up again, that the quest continues rather than having reset everything in the game.

So where is JW??

• Like 3
  • Confused 1