[Drama 2018-2019] Memories of the Alhambra | Recuerdos de la Alhambra, 알함브라 궁전의 추억

Admin

Ratings jumped to 9.2% !!!! 

I gotta say, I'm still halfway through the episode and although I've been waiting for the romance to move forward since the writer specifically categorized this drama as  romance and our two leads are on the poster, I fail to see how it'll make sense in the next episode for them to kiss,  like SJ is missing and and Sec Seo is dead so why would they decide to kiss ?? is it JW just asking for comfort from HJ in that way ??? if it is just for comfort camouflaged as romance, I don't think I will like it.:(((

• Like 6

There were so many things that were dissatisfying in this episode. I almost didn't want to watch it after reading the spoiler about our dearest secretary :(

- When Prof. Cha told Director park about the paternity test, he said that the grandchild was truly his blood. He didn't say anything about the child being CHS's. I found that strange. What is he truly implying? Why were CHS and SuJin scared of Prof. Cha?

- Why didn't JW open the quest scroll when the train was approaching Granada the first time like he did on his way back? Maybe they wanted to grab a bite to eat and stretch their legs before they went on the quest. Had he instantly opened it, they would have been better prepared for incoming enemies. Poor Secretary Seo:(

- JinWoo stopped limping after accepting the quest from master. He was able to ditch the cane till the quest ended. Probably that's why he is shown to be using the cane in the preview again. Did SeJu try and help JinWoo as he knew JW won't be able to carry items from outside Granada?

- What was the bloody point of Emma? This is making me more angry as I type. The writer hasn't given a meaty role to HeeJu. I was fine, as I had expected Emma to be the wild card. In fact, it was the pirates that had a more interesting role! Was her sole purpose to make JW focus on the quest and to stop being distracted by his missing secretary? like REALLY???

"I'll wait for you."

You have had a conversation with Emma

100+ Experience 100+ Recovery

That's it???? ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!! What was this, a coffee break??????????

- JW was offline after he entered the underground crypt. Could it be possible that Seju is still active in the game but not detected on the server? Has he been stuck underground for the past year? Or did her go and hide in his Nuna's Little Cabin in the Forrest :P ?  How is he getting access to food and water? One of the first things SeJu did was to ditch his electronics. Did he have access to JOnes's game lens? In the Barcelona conference, JW talked about the possible launch date of the lens being delayed to make more content. Without the lens being available in the market, how was SeJu able to create a game based on them? If he did, who provided it to him? There is a possibility that he could have been a tester for the lens before launch. I would be interested in ironing out this detail sometime in the upcoming episodes.

- I really felt pity for Director Park. He was practically begging HJ to tell him that she thinks JW is sane. He is really in a tough spot. If JW is telling the truth, his friend is in mortal danger and the company will go bankrupt due to the flaw in the game. On the other hand, if JW is hallucinating, that means that his friend is mentally unstable and he will lose the company he help build from scratch. And now he has received JW's will and heard that Secretary Seo is dead.

- The moment JW saw NPC Secretary Seo was so heartbreaking :(:(:( He would have probably let himself been killed, if HJ hadn't thought quickly on her feet and called for backup from the security at Alhambra palace. She also had her passport in hand and was probably heading for Granada immediately. If they shut down the server before JW completed his quest and got him out, he still has a chance to log back in and finish the quest in the remaining 30 mins . In the preview, there is a short scene of JW in the underground crypt looking around and being surprised. Wonder what that is about.

-After today, I am starting to think that the people who died - Marco, CHS, Secretary Seo , were all killed by a real person outside the game. Marco's body was decomposed, Prof. Cha refused autopsy for his son and now Secretary Seo. Their deaths have been implied as the consequence of being in the game but there hasn't been any physical proof. And there might a probability that the actually killing and the creation of rogue NPCs are completely independent feature. 

The writer better have a good LOGICAL explanation about all these mini-miracles and nightmares that are happening all over the game! I honestly can't see how anyone would be in any state of mind for romance after what has already happened. We will find out more next year I suppose.

On a lighter note, why are bows missing from the weapons arsenal? Would have been useful before getting the gun and for long range attacks.

v8uy0ole8h721.jpg

Also, the one episode HeeJu managed not to cry, JinWoo had to step in :P. Is anyone keeping a tally?

ezgif-4-136378e3ef39.gif&key=031d429c07e

• Like 5
  • LOL 3
  • Thanks 1

At work but counting days.. May the force be with us. 

Imagine we were the people watching the player playing... I wonder, do they look insane? Fighting by themselves? Ha ha.. 

I wonder how Sec Seo body was found later in the bushes? Just as Marco's deep in the woods. However, Dr Cha just at the bench in the park. All of them connected to JW. I like the idea - the game was plan to trap or kill JW. By that, the game can be consider safe for other user. The game is too good to put it away. 

• Like 3

memories.png

[Memories of Alhambra] Ep 10 spoilers, Hyun Bin x Park Shin Hye & Min Jin Woong

Posted on Sunday, December 30, 2018

1. [+4511,-22]
Ah, Secretary Seo is the most pitiful. He took care of Yoo Jin Woo so much, but he died.

2. [+2660,-26]
Wow... I have no idea how will the story develop in the future... I'm not sure if he will meet Se Joo in the dungeon, Jung Hoon died and became an NPC... This episode was just chaotic. It's really interesting and I watched it without realizing the time, but my heart hurts so much.

3. [+2468,-17]
I had a mental breakdown!! Secretary Seo continued to protect Jin Woo even after death, that made me tear up. Jin Woo has to live in guilt now, my heart hurts so much. I teared up while watching.

4. [+1366,-12]
Hyun Bin's acting gave me goosebumps. Please save Secretary Seo.

5. [+722,-19]
Secretary Seo became Zombie Seo.

6. [+579,-1]
Secretary Seo.. When he requested for alliance, he smiled brightly while suggesting that he might be able to help him.. Even after death, he's still helping him... Save Secretary Seo. Scriptwriter, please don't do this. What wrong did Secretary Seo do? He was looking for Se Joo who he has never met before and lost his secretary..... Ah, this kind of feels like W. The manhwa character lives, but the manhwa artist in reality dies.. It reminds me of that.

7. [+572,-3]
What was he feeling when he went down into the dungeon after writing his will... He is someone who is just like his brother, but he died because of him and became an NPC.... My heart hurts so much..

8. [+399,-4] Hyun Bin's acting is the best. I could feel those emotions when he stared at Secretary Seo while crying.

9. [+493,-3] But Marco and Cha Hyung Seok were killed by players, that's why they died. Secretary Seo was killed by NPCs in the game, why did he die in real life....

alhambra12.png

1. [+317,-1] When Secretary Seo fought the zombies with arrows stuck in his back, why does it feel so sad? Yoo Jin Woo stared at him with soulless eyes made my heart hurt too... In the middle of all that, Hyun Bin's acting was so detailed with his eyes, he's so cool.

2. [+172,-2] Secretary Seo is pitiful... Look at him protecting Yoo Jin Woo after he died just like how he has always done.

3. [+138,-0] Hyun Bin sitting there soullessly broke my heart. Hyun Bin is now perfectly Yoo Jin Woo. 

4. [+131,-0] Ah. This is sad~ They shouldn't have killed off Secretary Seo..

5. [+32,-1] Hyun Bin tearing up while staring at Secretary Seo soullessly made me do the same too...... Isn't the scriptwriter crazy?? How is Yoo Jin Woo going to live on? Are they going to kill everyone around him?~~~~~

6. [+15,-0] Do you have to kill him?!!

7. [+13,-0] This is the first drama that made me hope that the final episode is a dream.

8. [+13,-0] The villains of this drama seem to be Prof Cha and the oppa that's with Hee Joo... Prof Cha told Jin Woo that he's on his side, but he's trying to kick Jin Woo out of his CEO position. That oppa hovering around Hee Joo seems to be after something and is crazily obsessed...

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

Let me just gather my thoughts cause that was such a heartbreaking episode. 

First of all, what was the point of Emma ?? does she do anything ?? This was the first time JW spoke to her and that's all she could do for him ??? Take care I'll wait for you and that's all ?? And what is the point of HJ ??? Please I love PSH so much I was so hoping she would do something especially after last week's episodes, she's the love interest sure but her job shouldn't be just waiting and crying and translating spanish for god's sake !!! I was hoping she can be part of the game, be a cheat code with Emma of some sort, LIKE COME ON WRITER-NIM WHY DO THIS ??? 6 episods left is there any hope for her character ?? 

On the other hand, Director Park, I said before that I don't trust him, cause he kept insisting that JW is insane, no matter what, but today's episode made me see something else, he really does look concerned for his friend ,and the company, I understand his point of view but, he seems very influenced by Prof Cha ( I hope he shows he's  on his buddy's side though) , and the latter is just so creepy, sure the company for him is first and last, but the way he talks as if he's ready to abandon ALL for it, he even did a paternity test on his grandchild !!! who does that ??? And what the hell did Yura tell him and why is her character important to the story ??? One of you may have said this before, but I think the Cha SJ was talking about in the phone call with JW is Prof Cha, not HS, he now shows it easily that he has no affection for his son much less JW, there's gotta be some part of the puzzle that's missing and will somehow make everything that's happening right now make sense.

And Finally, Sec Seo, poor Sec Seo, he was just so loyal even in death, the way JW's face lit up thinking his buddy is finally here to help and then how his face fell when he realized he's actually dead now, HEART BREAK I tell you, ( Hyun Bin's acting was TOP in this moment). The way JW kept looking at him with such an empty expression, still not believing, the guilt and everything, while Seo was still fighting and defeating all those zombies, PLEASE BRING HIM BAAAACK, he doesn't deserve this.

I can only Imagine what JW's mental state would be after that, he must be devastated, drowning in guilt, especially if after all this trouble he gets out of that dungeon with nothing at all.

Concerning the romance, yes I'm waiting for it, yes I'm excited for next week's kiss, hopefully it'll have a good motive and surroundings, but I'll say this, PSH and HB better star in a another drama again, they have so much chemistry and I would love to see it replicated in another work.

• Like 6
  • Sad 2

12 hours ago, gm4queen said:

Just watched yesterday's eps & I am confused with something! Are Se Ju & Mr. Cha really dead?

Yes Mr. Cha is dead, because we found the body in episode 3. But i don't think se-ju is dead, since we didn't found his body yet

Edited by haraa
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On the one hand, the story is compelling because I want to find out what happens to the brother. And wow, Spain, I mean, it's gorgeous, let me pack a bag and I'll be on the plane today! But I'm a bit frustrated that despite all the action scenes, the plot itself is moving very slowly. I'm sad about the secretary, but it's cool that he can keep helping from within the game. But I'm frustrated that new things pop up every episode that are never resolved and never seem to lead anywhere. Professor Cha is clearly evil and all, but I wish something would develop more with him. I don't see the point of wife #2 except to be annoying. I'm most invested in whether HB can find Se Joo. But I want PSH's character to actually get to do something in the plot. She didn't even get to WATCH, for pity's sake! So I'm partly invested, but partly frustrated. 

• Like 9

8 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

I doubt that professor Cha really wanted his son's death.

Let just say that professor Cha had always planned to get rid of JW but to do that, he needed to isolate JW. We hear from SJ that professor Cha has a huge ego. And this is a clue that professor Cha might have resent JW a lot. He was younger but definitely more talented than him and his own son. In order to ruin him, he needed to destroy little by little his confidence and trust. It was interesting to hear from PArk how JW was before: talented, creative humorous and ambitious. When HJ met him, he was the exact opposite.

From my point of view, professor Cha disowned his son just to hide his true motive. He knew that as long as CSH would remain by JW's side, he would never betray him. He pushed his son to leave the company and create his own company, then he might have told CHS how SJ would suffer due to JW... Notice how he tried to influence director Park to betray JW. He implied that JW might have slept with SJ. 

We shouldn't forget that Marco had JW's cellphone number. What if from the start the game was developed to catch JW's interest so that JW would die while playing? But Marco decided to contact CHS because he might get more money (in order to increase the amount, especially if CHS resents JW). So CHS went to Granada and played that game and Cha had no idea that his son had been contacted. So when his son died, professor Cha knew what had happened but he had not planned that this game would kill his own son. However, since the prime goal was to get rid of JW, he decided to act ignorant that's why he didn't authorize the autopsy. He needed JW to continue playing the game so that at some point he would die. But after one year, nothing like that happened. So the next move is to ruin JW's reputation so that JW loses his CEO seat.

You know I am completely with you. But what I don't understand is why go to such leangths to get JW killed? I am sure there are other less suspicious less complicated ways of getting him killed. Also how did Prof come to know about the game or rather how could he anticipate that JW would die in the game?

I have a feeling this mystery will not get solved till the very last episode and it is definitely going to divide people on whether it was satisfactory or not. The best thing therefore is to just enjoy the episodes as they come.

• Like 8

i found it weird. If Seju’s level is 94 then why JW has to save him? JW currently is L91. Before entering Alhambra palace he was 90. 

Who the hell is master actually ?

I can’t imagine MOA to have happy ending for JW and HJ. Pity JW, luckily he has Sec Seo and HJ who always trust him. I will cry a lots if JW die T-T HAPPY ENDING PLEASEEEEE  T———-T

• Like 5

40 minutes ago, frozentundra said:

On the one hand, the story is compelling because I want to find out what happens to the brother. And wow, Spain, I mean, it's gorgeous, let me pack a bag and I'll be on the plane today! But I'm a bit frustrated that despite all the action scenes, the plot itself is moving very slowly. I'm sad about the secretary, but it's cool that he can keep helping from within the game. But I'm frustrated that new things pop up every episode that are never resolved and never seem to lead anywhere. Professor Cha is clearly evil and all, but I wish something would develop more with him. I don't see the point of wife #2 except to be annoying. I'm most invested in whether HB can find Se Joo. But I want PSH's character to actually get to do something in the plot. She didn't even get to WATCH, for pity's sake! So I'm partly invested, but partly frustrated. 

Absolutely. The game is not leading anywhere- we are nowhere closer to finding SJ and this is frustrating!!! I mean if you have 2 such powerful characters central to the story as SJ and Prof Cha- why not also give them a bit of a backstory so that the viewers have something substantial to hang on to. But then again the chemistry of the leads and the way the game is being presented, you can't help but feel drawn to watch it. You can't help but count days till the next episode airs and go to forums searching for some spoilers!

• Like 7

hambra.png

In DRAMA

[Memories of Alhambra] Ep 9 spoilers, Hyun Bin x Park Shin Hye & Min Jin Woong

Posted on Saturday, December 29, 2018

Article: Naver 'Memories of Alhambra' Hyun Bin goes to Granada to look for Chanyeol… Unknown if Min Jin Woong survives 

• Yoo Jin Woo (Hyun Bin) convinces Jung Hee Joo (Park Shin Hye) to stay in Korea. 
  • Jin Woo goes to Granada with his secretary for the quest given by Se Joo aka master (Chanyeol).
  • Secretary Seo (Min Jin Woong) gets off the train first while Jin Woo washes his hands in the washroom when the train reaches Granada. 
  • NPCs appear and begin attacking the both of them while they are separate. Jin Woo is stuck in the train and alliance with Secretary Seo breaks. 

1. [+3191,-25] The ending was so exciting. I'm thankful that today's Saturday. 

2. [+2786,-15] It was most refreshing to watch Jin Woo hit that oppa with his walking stick.. He's nosy and he disgusts me. Anyway, Secretary Seo, don't die. ㅜㅜ

3. [+1710,-23] The biggest villain is Kim Eui Sung anyway. Kim Eui Sung is the root of all evil no matter what. ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

4. [+1016,-17] Don't die. ㅠ

5. [+593,-11] Daebak. Time flies so quickly!!

6. [+564,-6] Secretary Seo didn't really die, right?? Why does he have to take so much effort to wash his hands before getting off the train.. It's not like there are no washrooms after getting off.. 

7. [+486,-3] Secretary Seo... was killed by NPCs.. so he's not really dead.. It has to be that way.. It will be different.. 

8. [+400,-4] Give Secretary Seo that life water quickly!!! 

alhambra.png

Article: Naver 'Memories of Alhambra' Hyun Bin goes to Granada to look for Chanyeol.. Alliance with Min Jin Woong is severed 

1. [+406,-4] Secretary Seo is now over level 50. He shouldn't die so easily, right? Please let him survive. 

2. [+163,-1] Looks like Hyun Bin is going to the dungeon to save Secretary Seo. What will happen? ㅠㅠ
ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ

3. [+123,-2] I don't think everyone will die just because their levels are too low. There's something hidden... 

4. [+91,-3] In the preview, Hyun Bin isn't using his walking stick, he's walking normally without it!!!!! 

5. [+63,-1] He took too long to wash his hands in the train...... 

6. [+47,-2] I don't think Emma is just there to play the guitar. The only person who can make Emma do something is Hee Joo. Hee Joo will find out about the game and join it. She will be able to make Emma do things, she's the final key in the game. Hee Joo will start by saving Jin Woo from Zombie Cha. 

7. [+41,-0] The actors in this drama are mostly good... The male friend is annoying, but I believe that the scriptwriter added his character in because there's something to him... 

8. [+37,-7] This was kind of forgotten because of Secretary Seo at the end. But when Hyun Bin entered Park Shin Hye's workroom and asked, "Should I buy a ring?" That was so cute... and cool... My heart fluttered. He was just staring at her, but he looked so cool. Wow. The corners of his lips went up~~~ I'm going crazy. 

9. [+30,-0] Seeing that Emma appeared again in the preview, I think Hee Joo will go into the game and meet Emma. Looks like Emma is the final boss in the game.. They will have to reach the highest level in the game to have Emma help them solve everything in the end.

https://melohwa.blogspot.com/2018/12/memories-of-alhambra-ep-10-spoilers.html 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I agree that this drama is every where there’s no solve mystery at this moment . Everything is a big question mark. I’m glad that the casts are really portraying their roles well. And the writer is lucky to have HB and PSH as the leads otherwise I don’t think the rating will be as high as this especially is cable drama. I would say this writer this writer had only an idea but not a good writer. There are only 16 ep and every ep is the repetition of what had happened . Honestly I’m quite frustrated with PSH role coz she can do more than that. The writer should have make Emma a fighter coz PSH has proven that she can do action without stunt. But anyway I trust Shin Hye maybe in the  6 episodes Emma will do something . Coz I remember Shin Hye and Chanyeol went to Budapest Slovenia for a month to film . So I keep my fingers cross. The main reason I watch this drama is because of PSH and HB . Let’s not get frustrated and hope for the best . Happy new year everyone . 

• Like 5

Park Shin Hye commemorates final day of 'Memories of the Alhambra' with on-set selfie

20181230-parkshinhyejpg.jpg

'Memories of the Alhambra' actress Park Shin Hye has officially finished taping the drama.

On December 30, the actress shared the news with fans through her personal Instagram account, writing: "Yesterday was the last day of filming for 'Memories of the Alhambra,' and CEO Cha has surprised me with a visit!"

In the image, it is revealed that the 'CEO Cha' that she is referring to is none other than second male lead Park Hoon, who played IT company CEO Cha Hyeong Suk for the drama. Both actors show their closeness in the selfie, throwing up 'v'-signs for the camera.

Meanwhile, 'Memories of the Alhambra', starring Hyun Bin, Park Shin Hye, and Park Hoon, began airing on both Netflix and tvN on December 1.

Check out Park Shin Hye's Instagram post below!

https://www.allkpop.com/article/2018/12/park-shin-hye-commemorates-final-day-of-memories-of-the-alhambra-with-on-set-selfie

DvqinH9W0AEuJqz.jpg

Spoiler

happy 2019 new year wishes greetings card gif

• Like 4

Okay..I just finished watching the 10th episode..

- it was very intense that i felt like watching the finale episode...

- the interaction with Emma was just mehh..too little..I expect more since i've been waiting from Emma since episode 3...So far she is doing nothing..Her character has been oversold and over promoted..Even the pirates have more a significant function..

- The reappearance of City Hunter in the dungeon pulled at your heartstrings

• Like 5

7 hours ago, sanika said:

- What was the bloody point of Emma? This is making me more angry as I type. The writer hasn't given a meaty role to HeeJu. I was fine, as I had expected Emma to be the wild card. In fact, it was the pirates that had a more interesting role! Was her sole purpose to make JW focus on the quest and to stop being distracted by his missing secretary? like REALLY???

"I'll wait for you."

You have had a conversation with Emma

100+ Experience 100+ Recovery

That's it???? ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!! What was this, a coffee break??????????

This!

Even the pirates had a role to find City Hunter.

But Emma. Oh Emma.

She sat there with her guitar, conversed a bit in her echoey voice and disappeared. The thing is she said nothing benificial in the slightest. Why writernim why? Why did you think it was ok for Emma to say nothing helpful for JW to complete his quest? You made Emma as a marginally useful NPC if not completely useless. 

Emma could have warned JW that only Alhambra weapons can be used in the dungeon. She could have told him to go to the shop and buy more weapons, and thank her later. Oh Emma! You had so much potential. So so much potential huhu

I blame the writer for this lack of development for Emma. Theres 6 episode more. Maybe Emma is the game overlord, who knows right? Hahaha

• Like 14