[Variety 2018] Little House in the Woods 숲속의 작은 집 The Happiness Experiment with So Ji Sub & Park Shin Hye

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Published on March 29, 2018 by tvN

Little House in the Forest

Subject A Park Shin Hye's Daily Firewood Task 180406 EP.1

Subject B So Ji Sub's daily routine 180406 EP.1

April 3, 2018

[V Report Plus]

Park Shin-hye, So Ji-sub to hold special broadcast on V

(tvN)

Park Shin-hye and So Ji-sub, the main cast of tvN’s upcoming variety show “Little House in the Woods,” will answer fans’ questions in a live broadcast held via Naver’s V app. 

The upcoming show, which is directed by producer Na Young-suk, will follow the two stars as they live off the grid in the middle of the woods, out of the reach of people and technology.

Na is best known for producing popular variety programs such as “2 Days & 1 Night” “Grandpas over Flowers,” “Three Meals a Day” and “Yoon’s Kitchen.” 

So, who rose to stardom through “I’m Sorry, I Love You” in 2004, recently returned to the big screen with the romance movie “Be With You,” a remake of a 2004 Japanese movie with the same title. Park starred in last year’s crime thriller flick “Heart Blackened.” 

The broadcast will be held on Wednesday at 4 p.m. The first episode of the show will air on Friday at 9:50 p.m. 

Naver’s real-time broadcasting app V allows fans to interact with their favorite K-pop stars through live broadcasts. The app is available for Android and iOS. For more information, visit http://www.vlive.tv.

By The Korea Herald (khnews@heraldcorp.com)

Google Play https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.naver.vapp
Apple App Store https://itunes.apple.com/app/id1019447011?mt=8

Source: tvN @tvn_joy

https://www.soompi.com/2018/04/04/ji-sub-park-shin-hye-talk-different-lives-little-house-forest/

On April 4, tvN’s upcoming “Little House in the Forest” held a press conference to introduce the variety show.

See Also: Cha Tae Hyun Is In Talks To Reunite With PD Yoo Ho Jin Through New Variety Show

PD (Producing Director) Na Young Suk talked about differences between So Ji Sub and Park Shin Hye, the two stars who appear on the show.

He first talked about Park Shin Hye and said, “[She] is living a life that is very far from minimalism. Viewers will be able to learn a lot from her as she learns to live with less.”

Park-Shin-Hye-XPN.jpg

Na Young Suk revealed that Park Shin Hye packed a large amount of items while preparing for her stay in the forest. He commented, “Park Shin Hye’s luggage was 10 times the amount of So Ji Sub’s. The program doesn’t say living this way or that way is the correct way. It just shows what it’s like to live a certain way, so it’ll be fun to watch Park Shin Hye adjust to a minimalistic lifestyle.”

Park Shin Hye confessed, “Honestly, I did not perfectly fulfill a minimalistic lifestyle. However, I now know what I need to take out.”

She continued, “Living off-grid and being limited to using 30 litres (approximately 8 gallons) of water a day was the most difficult aspect. I’m trying to not use as much water since I actually use more water than I thought.”

So-Ji-Sub-XPN.jpg

Na Young Suk talked about So Ji Sub and said, “He was already living a minimalistic lifestyle. It’s like a monk’s lifestyle. It seems like it would be boring and not much fun, but while watching him you can feel that his life has a sense of completion to it.”

So Ji Sub revealed that he had rejected casting offers for the show multiple times. He explained, “I decided to appear on the show when I identified with the producers’ intention of making a documentary-style program that heals and comforts viewers.”

The actor further joked, “I’m still unsure why I am here.”

So-Ji-Sub-Park-Shin-Hye-2-XPN.jpg

“Little House in the Forest” is described as a healing program that shows how happiness can be found in a simple life as Park Shin Hye and So Ji Sub live solitary lives in the forest. The first episode will air on April 6 at 9:50 p.m. KST.

Are you looking forward to seeing their different lives?

Source (1)

April 4, 2018

Snail-paced new reality show documents stars' journey for happiness

By Woo Jae-yeon

SEOUL, April 4 (Yonhap) -- There is no sparks-flying romance, hand-wringing suspense, adrenaline-pumping action or breathtaking landscapes. Even the producer, Na Young-seok, warned that TV viewers might fall asleep while watching his new reality show.

But a media event Wednesday for tvN's "Little House in the Forest" was filled with anticipation of a yet another hit show from the highly successful producer.

The new weekly program -- like his popular "Youn's Kitchen" series -- is created on the premise that TV viewers take great comfort by watching celebrities living slow-paced, peaceful lives, either in exotic locations or in the wild, a type of laid-back, vacation-like lifestyle that is only temporarily available for busy Koreans.

Actors So Ji-sub (L) and Park Shin-hye pose for photos during a media event for new tvN show "Little House in the Forest" in Seoul on April 4, 2018. (Yonhap)

Actors So Ji-sub (L) and Park Shin-hye pose for photos during a media event for new tvN show "Little House in the Forest" in Seoul on April 4, 2018. (Yonhap)

Two cast members -- actors So Ji-sub and Park Shin-hye -- will get to lead a lone, minimal life in a tucked-away little house in the forest on the resort island Jeju. There, they are required to fill the day by completing missions and doing the very basics to sustain a life, such as cooking, making fire and chopping firewood.

Even though the idea of disconnecting with the outside world -- even for one day -- was very appealing to most of the production crew, producer Na said his team wasn't sure if the concept of the show would pique the interest of a large audience.

He said the program wouldn't have been possible without actress Park Shin-hye's enthusiastic response to the idea.

"We were very encouraged by her phone call where she said she wanted to join. When a cast showed such a response, we concluded that viewers would likely feel the same way," he said.

A poster for "Little House in the Forest," provided by tvN (Yonhap)

A poster for "Little House in the Forest," provided by tvN (Yonhap)

"Honestly, I am not leading a minimalist life. While shooting the program, however, I learned, to some degree, what I needed and what I could live without," the actress said.

"I used to think I was happy by doing something, like traveling or meeting friends ... Since I've started the program, I felt happy when I picked up pine cones more than I had expected, when I made fire easily, when the weather was good and when I watched birds that I had never seen before flying up over the house."

Throughout the press event, the producer emphasized that the show wasn't meant to record great viewership ratings.

"As 'Youn's Kitchen 2' was successful, the network allowed us a chance this once to do whatever we wanted to make," he said half-jokingly. "I've already told the two cast members that the show might fall flat."

Another cast member, So Ji-sub, who the producer teased was leading a simple life "like a Buddhist monk" in real life, said happiness would follow when one lives every moment to the fullest.

"I am not sure yet whether I am happy while filming the show. I would only answer that later when I look back at these moments I will see if they are happy memories or not," he said.

By wrapping up the event, the producer recommended the show -- once again -- to those who need to down a cold beer to let off some steam before falling sound asleep.

The program will premiere at 9:50 p.m. on Friday.

A poster for "Little House in the Forest," provided by tvN, featuring actor So Ji-sub (Yonhap)

A poster for "Little House in the Forest," provided by tvN, featuring actor So Ji-sub (Yonhap)

jaeyeon.woo@yna.co.kr

April 4, 2018

[Lily's Take] So Ji-sub to Star in a New Variety Show By Na Young-seok

Source: HanCinema.net

photo962111.jpg

Actor So Ji-sub and producer and a director Na Young-seok came together to create a new variety show called "The Small House in the Forest".

Na Young-seok is one of the most famous producers for his brilliance and most famous for his work in the legendary variety show "1 Night 2 Days", along with other shows such as "Grandpas Over Flowers", "Three Meals a Day", "New Journey to the West" and etc. He has worked with many actors and actresses who would normally decline hosting any variety shows, but his highly praised abilities and genuine personality is often trustworthy enough for them to consider and accept his offer. For example, the viewers got to watch big time stars such as Cha Seung-won, Yoo Hae-jin, Lee Seo-jin, Lee Soon-jae, Youn Yuh-jung and many more in a friendlier setting, breaking down the walls between the celebrities and civilians, being reminded that they too, are people like us.

That is why the news of So Ji-sub working with director Na Young-seok is a delight to all the fans, as we will get to watch how he is like in his daily life. "The Small House in the Forest" will be a variety show taking on a form of a documentary. Having the peaceful Jeju island as the background, So Ji-sub will take on the off-grid life as he lives in a small house without electricity, tab water or gas. He will be taking on few subtle missions throughout the show such as "Waking up by the sunlight in your face".

Na Young-seok mentioned a bit of the behind story as he shared at a press conference, "So Ji-sub actually declined the offer couple times before making a decision to take the show. He has a life similar to the one of Buddhist monks. Living the way he does seems blend and boring but that is the whole concept we were looking for in this show".

So Ji-sub also shared that he decided to challenge himself in taking on this show because he agrees with director Na Young-seok in his goal of healing and comforting the viewers by his serenity.

By. Lily Lee

April 5, 2018

[V Report] Actress Park Shin-hye in the woods

Broadcast date: April 4

(Naver V app)

Actress Park Shin-hye shared her life in the woods in a live broadcast held to promote tvN’s upcoming variety show “Little House in the Woods,” via Naver’s V app Wednesday. 

The upcoming show, directed by Na Young-suk, will follow Park and So Ji-sub as they live off the grid in the middle of the woods, far from the reaches of other people and technology.

“My house had internet connection but didn’t have phone reception. I didn’t call someone but I listened to music and searched about things,” she said. “The air was really great. I also went on a picnic alone. I packed a lunchbox with food I’d like to have.”

When asked if there was anything she newly discovered while filming, she said, “I thought I have a lot of curiosity. It was not little.”

“If something jumps to my eyes, I would definitely do it. I realized that I’m bold and I am more like a doer (than a talker),” she said. “I think that life (in the woods) fits me well than I expected.”

Na is best known for producing popular variety programs such as “2 Days & 1 Night” “Grandpas over Flowers,” “Three Meals a Day” and “Yoon’s Kitchen.” Park starred in last year’s crime-thriller flick “Heart Blackened.” 

The first episode of “Little House in the Woods” will air Friday at 9:50 p.m.

By The Korea Herald (khnews@heraldcorp.com)

April 4, 2018

[Video] Finding peace with So Ji-sub, Park Shin-hye’s solitude

In this hustling and bustling world where people are connected through social media even when we are physically alone, finding complete solitude can be a luxury. One may think of it, but mostly find it a far-fetched dream. 

For those who’ve ever dreamed of removing themselves from their overloaded routines, tvN’s new reality show “Solitary Stay” is a decent alternative. Featuring two big-name actors So Ji-sub and Park Shin-hye, the documentary-formatted program follows their off-grid lives in a house in the middle of the woods, out of the reach of people, technology and their showbiz lives. The name of the two stars may sound appealing enough. But program director Na Young-suk warned that it may not be everyone‘s cup of tea. 

“I should warn people though. ‘Solitary Stay’ can be quite boring. We as staff were also doubtful about the show’s viewership, thinking, ‘Who would watch a show that only features two people living in solitude?’” said Na during a press conference for “Solitary Stay” in Seoul on Wednesday, attended by So, Park and Yang Jung-woo, co-producer of the program along with Na. 

So, when Na called Park’s agency to cast her, he thought she would refuse the idea. But about 30 minutes later, Na received a call from Park, who said, “I would love to live in that house!” 

“Park saved the program, as we were about to give up on it if she didn’t accept it,” Na said. 

So Ji-sub (left) and Park Shin-hye listen to a reporter's question during a press conference for tvN‘s new program “Solitary Stay” (Lim Jeong-yeo/The Korea Herald)

So Ji-sub and Park Shin-hye burst out laughing when producer Na Young-suk shares that Park overslept one morning and failed to complete the mission to wake up to the sun. (Lim Jeong-yeo/The Korea Herald)

Na explained that the show’s goal was to offer a sense of vicarious satisfaction by featuring So and Park as subjects of an “experiment.” And during the casting process, Na came up with So and Park, the two people whom he thought wouldn’t have difficulty in fully immersing themselves in solitude, or even find happiness from it.

Casting So was a bit complicated, as the actor had initially refused the idea. Making a regular appearance in a variety show for the first time in 18 years, So said he decided to join forces with Na as he deeply empathized with the program’s aim to heal viewers’ hearts. He also said that shooting the show -- living without technology with minimal necessities and spending time mostly alone -- didn’t veer much from his real life. 

“I’ve been living by myself for a while, and except for the change of location and taking on missions from the show, for the most part, I’m living my original life,” So said. Na chimed in, saying, “That’s true. So’s lifestyle is almost like that of a monk. Some may think it boring, but his life is complete in its own way.”

Park said that she has actually enjoyed living in nature and learned how to focus on each moment. 

Park Shin-hye says she was happy after picking up many pine cones (Lim Jeong-yeo/The Korea Herald)

“In the past, I thought happiness was about doing something. But while shooting the show, I felt happiness when I was good at chopping firewood and picking up many pine cones. I’ve been a multi-tasker, but I loved the ‘doing only one thing’ rule, which was one of the missions on the show,” she said. 

Na has seen huge success with popular variety shows such as “2 Days & 1 Night,” “Grandpas over Flowers,” “Three Meals a Day” and “Youn’s Kitchen.” But this time with “Solitary Stay,” he plans not to obsess over fun or viewership. 

Na repeatedly emphasized that the program may be lacking in humor. But he filled that blank space with the sound of water and wind instead. 

“I could have made the show more interesting, for example, by focusing on So and Park’s communication and making them live next door. But we didn’t, as the show’s intention was to show how the two adjust to complete solitude,” he said. 

“My company told me, ‘Do whatever you want for once. Don’t care about viewership.’ So yeah, I’m telling you, it can be a program that you might want to watch before going to sleep on a Friday night,” he jokingly added. 

The program will premiere at 9:50 p.m. on Friday.

So Ji-sub and Park Shin-hye are flanked by producers Yang Jung-woo (left) and Na Young-suk (Lim Jeong-yeo/The Korea Herald)

By Hong Dam-young (lotus@heraldcorp.com

April 6, 2018 176.gif

Na Young-seok Promotes 'Slow Living' in New Show

Source: The ChosunIlbo

Na Young-seok, the star producer of hugely popular reality shows including "Grandpas Over Flowers," "Three Meals a Day," and “Youn's Kitchen," has trained his sights on the "slow living" movement with his new program.

The first episode of "Little House in the Forest" will be aired on Friday. "The show allows viewers to focus only on themselves and nature without any distraction," Na told reporters Wednesday. "I wanted to show to busy people in the cities that there is another way of living, a slow-paced and more leisurely one."

He said his aim was not to make viewers laugh. "This may seem boring to some people, because the quiet and the sound of the breeze and running water in the forest are the main features of this show," he admitted.

2018040501485_0.jpg
Producer Na Young-seok talks at a press junket for his new TV show "Little House in the Forest" in Seoul on Wednesday.

Actors So Ji-sub and Park Shin-hye voluntarily isolate themselves from the rest of the world, living in small houses in the forest on Jeju Island without electricity, running water or gas.

The production team carries out a "happiness test," giving them simple missions such as "Wake up to the rising sun in the morning," or "Do just one thing at any one time," and later ask them if they feel happy achieving it.

"I was told to do just one thing at any one time. Soon I discovered myself cooking while looking at my phone and listening to music. I felt that I could really focus on myself when I was doing just one thing," Park said.

It is So's first regular appearance on an entertainment show since he was part of the team that crossed the Korea Strait in an SBS program in 2000. "I agreed to it because the life in this program is similar to my real life," he said.

Na made everyone laugh when he added, "So lives like a monk in real life."

"My life outside acting is so simple –- eating, watching TV and reading books sometimes. I feel happy when I play music, and I'm the happiest just before I fall asleep," So said.

"Don't you sometimes feel that you want to be all on your own?" Na asked. "You get told off by your girlfriend or boss if you have your phone turned off, or stay away from your messenger app. I hope viewers can find some comfort and vicarious pleasure in watching these actors take a retreat. This will be a great program to fall asleep to on Friday night." 

Archived