[Variety 2018] Little House in the Woods 숲속의 작은 집 The Happiness Experiment with So Ji Sub & Park Shin Hye

T h e  H a p p i n e s s  E x p e r i m e n t

house1.gif

LITTLE HOUSE IN THE WOODS 숲속의 작은 집 tvN 2018

Subject A: Park Shin Hye x Subject B: So Ji Sub

9 Episodes: April 6 - June 1 

littlehouse_p.jpg

Published on March 12, 2018 by eNEWS24

March 12, 2018

Park Shin Hye And So Ji Sub Confirmed To Star In PD Na Young Suk’s New Variety Show

Source: Soompi by S. Park 

Park-Shin-Hye-So-Ji-Sub1.jpg

Park Shin Hye and So Ji Sub will star in producing director (PD) Na Young Suk’s upcoming variety show “Little House in the Woods” (literal title).

On March 12, a source from So Ji Sub’s agency stated, “He is confirmed to appear on tvN’s ‘Little House in the Woods.’ He will appear with Park Shin Hye. He chose this because the spontaneous and isolated format felt new. He is planning to show what it’s like living on Jeju Island isolated.”

On March 13, a source from Park Shin Hye’s agency also said, “It is true that she will be appearing on ‘Little House in the Woods.’ She is currently filming on Jeju Island. We are also aware that So Ji Sub has joined her on this variety show.”

“Little House in the Woods” will be about living off-grid. So Ji Sub and Park Shin Hye will go to the middle of the woods where no one else lives and stay in an off-grid home. The house they will stay in will not have electricity so they will have to generate power and find food and other necessary supplies on their own in the woods.

A source said, “In the beginning, [Na Young Suk] described it as a quiet program that can be seen more of as a documentary than a variety show. It may be perceived differently depending on who is watching it. You’ll be able to observe something more than just healing [moments].”

This will be the first time in many years that So Ji Sub and Park Shin Hye have appeared on a variety show. So Ji Sub last appeared on MBC’s “Infinite Challenge” in September of 2011 and Park Shin Hye on tvN’s “Three Meals a Day” in March of 2015.

Source (1) (2) (3)

house2.gif

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

March 13, 2018

Park Shin-hye, So Ji-sub to star in tvN’s new variety show

Actress Park Shin-hye and actor So Ji-sub will star in tvN’s upcoming variety show “Little House in the Woods,” which will be produced by Na Young-suk. 

Shin have confirmed their roles in the program that will follow the two big-name stars as they live off the grid in the middle of the woods, out of the reach of people and technology.

The two are currently filming the show’s first episode on Jeju Island, according to sources. 

“I empathized with the producing staff’s intention to make a program that can offer comfort and heal people’s hearts just by watching us having a simple meal and resting in a small house on Jeju Island,” said So, who will be making a regular appearance in a variety show for the first time in 18 years.

Na is best known for producing popular variety programs such as “2 Days & 1 Night” “Grandpas over Flowers,” “Three Meals a Day” and “Youn’s Kitchen.” 

So, who rose to stardom through “I’m Sorry, I Love You” in 2004, recently returned to the big screen with the romance movie “Be With You,” which is set to premiere Wednesday. Park starred in the crime thriller flick “Heart Blackened” released last year. 

“Little House in the Woods” is set to air in April. 

(lotus@heraldcorp.com

@rubie thank you sweetie for this little fun house we have here :wink:

Clap along if you feel like a room without a roof

Huh, because I'm happy 

That's me singing along Pharell Williams upon knowing this good news :D 

PD Na & Shinhye brought back all the warm feelings of 3MAD S2 squad and their memorable time. I missed them alot.

It's exciting to see PD Na's docu woodsy concept come to life with resourceful Shinhye and good natured So Jisub. Awkward but promising duo :lol: :lol: 

March 17, 2018

Watch: tvN Drops First Teaser And Air Date For Park Shin Hye And So Ji Sub’s Variety Show

Source: Soompi by D. Kim

Park-Shin-Hye-So-Ji-Sub.jpg

The first teaser has been revealed for producing director (PD) Na Young Suk’s upcoming variety show “Little House in the Forest” starring Park Shin Hye and So Ji Sub!

“Little House in the Forest” will follow So Ji Sub and Park Shin Hye as they live a minimal lifestyle in the middle of the woods. As previously revealed, their off-grid home will not have electricity, so they will have to generate power and find food on their own.

The first episode of “Little House in the Forest” will air on April 6 at 9:50 p.m. KST.

The teaser below is a voicemail greeting of Park Shin Hye saying, “Hello, this is “Subject A” Park Shin Hye. I am currently at a little house in the forest, so if you’re calling about something, please leave a message. I don’t know when I’ll be able to check it.”

Source (1)

Following the first teaser, tvN has released a preview for “Little House in the Forest”! 

The variety show, produced by Na Young Suk, stars So Ji Sub and Park Shin Hye. It follows the two actors as they each live in an isolated house in the middle of a forest. Disconnected from society, they attempt to make their own meals and explore the beautiful nature.

The preview begins with some stunning shots of a quiet, misty forest. The forest hums peacefully with the sounds of nature. A notification sound goes off in their respective homes, and the two check their laptops. They are given their first mission — minimalism. Park Shin Hye reads and exclaims, “Other than items that you really need, please place them in the box outside your door!”

The preview then shows that the two actors will be living like themselves, but with as little as possible. It also shows that their houses are equipped with water, a gas burner, and some solar-powered electricity. They are disconnected from public infrastructure and are “off-grid.” Park Shin Hye quickly finds this out as she notes that her electricity is wearing out and that she has no cell service, while So Ji Sub turns off his lights quickly to save power.

The preview also announces that this will be a “happiness experiment,” and the two actors receive more messages from a “Push For Happiness Club.” The messages politely ask them if they are happy and tell them that they have three hours for their meals that day. The actors are also told to cook food on their own. Park Shin Hye attempts to cut firewood and cries out in frustration.

So Ji Sub attempts to catch a pheasant and also talks while cooking, saying, “I’m waiting for the pan to heat up. I am checking to see if the pan has heated up. I am flipping the sweet potatoes…” and then bursts out laughing at his self-narration. It then cuts to Park Shin Hye, who sits at her table and stares blankly at nothing. She dreamily comments, “Right now, I’m not thinking about anything. Why? It’s because I have no thoughts.”

So Ji Sub and Park Shin Hye then explore the untouched nature around them, filming some of it themselves. So Ji Sub films some of the sights and sounds that he enjoys, while Park Shin Hye discovers a real four-leaf clover. So Ji Sub comments, “You have to fill up something, but you also have to empty it. I think it was a really good time.” Park Shin Hye shares, “Outside the window, you can see the stars. I was very happy. It was so great.”

“Little House in the Forest” will air on April 6 at 9:50 p.m. KST

https://www.soompi.com/2018/03/24/watch-ji-sub-park-shin-hye-isolated-dreamy-preview-little-house-forest/

LITTLE HOUSE IN THE FOREST TEASES LAID BACK LIVING FOR SO JI SUB AND PARK SHIN HYE.

Finding happiness while remotely living away from the city will be the goal of top actors So Ji Sub and Park Shin Hye.

Ahead of the official premiere of tvN’s Little House in the Forest, a quick peek of what’s in store for viewers was released by the production team, showing the actors mundane secluded living.

Little House in the Forest So Ji Sub, Park SHin Hye

(Photo from IMBC)

The teaser revealed glimpses of their activities like chopping woods and running after a peasant. The experimental TV show will also present the top actors in an unfamiliar environment.

In the unveiled video trailer, So Ji Sub is shown having a quiet moment while watching the rain pouring down. In contrast, Park Shin Hye enjoys a forest day out under the sun.

Surrounded by nature, So Ji Sub and Park Shin Hye will challenge themselves to live in a minimalist way without public electricity, water and gas. The show is gaining buzz from the main entertainment portal site after the trailer was released on the finale episode of Youn’s Kitchen 2.

Little House in the Forest will be aired on April 6 via tvN.

http://www.hellokpop.com/tv-movies/so-ji-sub-park-shin-hye-little-house-in-the-forest/

March 25, 2018

Park Shin-hye, So Ji-sub’s teaser for new variety show revealed

A teaser clip for tvN’s upcoming variety show “Little House in the Woods,” starring Park Shin-hye and So Ji-sub, was revealed Sunday. 

The upcoming show, which is produced by producer Na Young-suk, will follow the two stars as they live off the grid in the middle of the woods, out of the reach of people and technology. 

The teaser kicks off with So and Park looking out of the window of their house. Then a staffer asks them to hand in all of their belongings except for daily necessities as a minimalist exercise, as the two stars laugh with lost looks on their faces. The video also featured scenes of the cast chopping wood and So on a pheasant hunt. 

Na is best known for producing popular variety programs such as “2 Days & 1 Night” “Grandpas over Flowers,” “Three Meals a Day” and “Yoon’s Kitchen.” 

So, who rose to stardom through “I’m Sorry, I Love You” in 2004, recently returned to the big screen with the romance movie “Be With You,” which is set to premiere Wednesday. Park starred in last year’s crime thriller flick “Heart Blackened.” 

“Little House in the Woods” is set to air from April 6. 

(lotus@heraldcorp.com

Hmmm...i can't wait for this...voluntary isolation happiness experiment thingy by Na PD :) 

How far is So Jisub's house from Shinhye? It would be nice to see them together :D

Sounds like we'll get another solitude soul, who could it be? 

2 hours ago, rori0711 said:

Hmmm...i can't wait for this...voluntary isolation happiness experiment thingy by Na PD :) 

How far is So Jisub's house from Shinhye? It would be nice to see them together :D

Sounds like we'll get another solitude soul, who could it be? 

To be honest, I'm not quite sure how the show will proceed despite all the teasers and captures being steadily released. One thing for sure though, for Na PD's shows.. the actual episode will be (a lot) different from the trailers. At least that's how his editing team works, quite misleading the expectation (with better result in the end). So far, it is quite obvious that SJS's little house is neither the same nor nearby PSH's little house.. the title should then be Little Houses in the Woods instead, hahaa. :D

It won't make much sense now, we'll just have to wait and watch on April 6 to find out, huh! :lol: As of now.. it's just like what the previews are saying "Happy Experiment Day'.. another new experiment of a show by Na PD, similar to his other 'experimental reality shows' when they first started and eventually took off all the way to the moon! :tongue:

Published on March 25, 2018 by tvN

Little House in the Forest 180406 EP.1

[Happy Experiment Day 3] 'Subject B' First contact with So Ji Sub! 

Archived