[Short Drama 2018] Hymn of Death [Death Song] / 사의 찬미

Maetawinz

Hymn of Death 

ci93b5r3k4xlfl1zg.jpg

Director:  Park Soo-Jin (While You Were Sleeping) 
Writer: Jo Soo-jin 
Network: SBS / Netfilx
Episodes: 6
Release Date: November 27 - December 4, 2018
Air time: Monday & Tuesday 22:00

Story 

Based on the true story of Kim Woo-Jin and Yun Sim-Deok.

Kim Woo-Jin is a stage drama writer while Korea is under Japanese occupation. 
He is already married, but he falls in love with Yun Sim-Deok.

Yun Sim-Deok is the first Korean soprano. 
She records the song “Praise of Death” which becomes the first Korean pop song in 1926. 
Kim Woo-Jin and Yun Sim-Deok's fate ends tragically.

(Source: Asianwiki)

Official teaser & trailer :  1 / 2 / NetflixVer.

Official Posters :  1 / 2 

Official link :  Website  

Cast

dfgw7zi55t5o6j0zg.jpg

Lee Jong Suk As Kim Woo Jin

8qpgwpc66ql0vhizg.jpg

Shin Hye Sun As Yun Sim Deok

MV5BNzc1ZjFhYTQtNDkxNC00NDRiLWE2ODctMTVjZDYyNDQ2YjVjXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTE2MDU0NzAw._V1_.jpg

Woo Jin's family
Kim Myung-soo as Kim Sung-gyu (Woo-jin's father)
Park Sun-im as Jung Chum-hyo (Woo-jin's wife)

Sim Deok's family
Kim Won-hae as Yoon Suk-ho (Sim-deok's father)
Hwang Young-hee as Kim Ssi (Sim-deok's mother)
Go Bo-gyeol as Yoon Sung-duk(Sim-deok's younger sister)
Shin Jae-ha as Yoon Ki-sung(Sim-deok's younger brother)

People of Dong Woo-hee Theater
Lee Ji-hoon as Hong Nan-pa[6]
Jung Moon-sung as Jo Myung-hee
Oh Eui-shik as Hong Hae-sung
Lee Joon-yi as Kyosuke Tomoda (New Japanese actor)
Han Eun-seo as Han Ki-joo (Soprano, piano player)

People around Sim-deok
Lee Sang-yeob as Gim Hong-gi
Jang Hyun-sung as Lee Yong-moon
Lee Cheol-min as government officer
Kim Kang-hyun as Lee Seo-koo
Jang Hyuk-jin as Dauchi
Bae Hae-sun as Vocal Music Professor

Cr. Soompi

01.Soompi code of conduct | SOOMPI RULES FOR KDRAMA | MOVIES | ACTORS' & ACTRESS' SECTION

Don't post any requests for subs!Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. Don't quote images.

01.Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately.02.Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods.03.Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, Etc.. should be report to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here.04.Those who are caught breaking the Soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their Id/IDs reported the mods. 05.Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs ( those without permission from the orginal subbers and doesn't have copyrights like  SOOMPI TV, Viki, Dramafever, Kdrama.com or Crunchyroll) will have their ID's reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions.

PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE

lwfvmZZK2KmM0fg785zamw0x0yJ.jpg

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

NEWS] Lee Jong Suk Confirmed For New SBS Drama Directed By “While You Were Sleeping” PD

Posted by leejongsukworld

img_20180312_1102531603849223.jpg?w=604

On March 12, SBS stated, “Lee Jong Suk has confirmed that he will appear in the two-part series ‘Hymn of Death.’ He has decided to not receive a guaranteed fee for his appearance because he simply wishes to express his love for short dramas and he wants to show his support for producing director (PD) Park Soo Jin, who worked with Lee Jong Suk on ‘While You Were Sleeping‘ and will be co-producing the upcoming production.”

“Hymn of Death” was the name of the most popular song released by Korea’s first soprano Yun Sim Deok in 1926, and her story has since been made into a film and musical. The new SBS drama will differ from the 1991 movie as it will not only follow the tragic love story of Yun Sim Deok and playwright Kim Woo Jin, but it will also shed light on Kim Woo Jin’s work, which is lesser known to the public.

Lee Jong Suk will be playing the role of genius playwright Kim Woo Jin, and PD Park Soo Jin stated, “I am confident that Lee Jong Suk will be able to perfectly portray the two sides of Kim Woo Jin as both a tormented intellectual and a young man in love. I am sincerely grateful to Lee Jong Suk for not only agreeing to appear in the drama, but also decided to receive no guaranteed fee for his appearance.”

©soompi

........................................................................................

Lee Jong Suk in talks for the drama remake of 'Death Song'

By yckim124    2 days ago    10,725    3,372    23
lee-jong-suk

Lee Jong Suk might be taking the lead in new SBS drama 'Death Song'.

On March 9, a rep from YG Entertainment revealed, "Lee Jong Suk is under discussion for the drama 'Death Song'. He's in the reviewing process."

The upcoming drama 'Death Song' will be a remake of a film with the same title. It tells the story of Yoon Shim Duk, the first Soprano singer of Joseon, and her lover and genius composer Kim Woo JinLee Jong Suk has been offered to play the genius composer.

Producer Park Soo Jin of 'While You Were Sleeping' will be taking charge of the production. This will be Lee Jong Suk's second production with Park PD if he accepts the offer.

CR. Allkpop

Lee Jongsuk has confirmed to take the lead role of SBS' upcoming mini-drama 'Hymn of Death,' and he has refused to receive any payment for it.

According to reports on March 12th, Lee Jongsuk is going to be the lead male in the upcoming mini-drama. This time, the actor will not receive any payment for his appearance in the drama; It is reported that Lee Jongsuk has agreed to voluntarily take the role as he is close to the producer of the drama, Park Soojin, who is also the mastermind of 'While You Were Sleeping'

'Hymn of Death' is a remake of 1991's hit film with the same title. It is based on true story of Yun Simdeok, the first female soprano to achieve fame in Korea, and her lover, genius playwright Kim Woojin. No further details of the mini-drama released.

Image may contain: 1 person, sky, cloud, closeup and outdoor

img1AE.tmp.jpg?type=w1200

cr. kpopline

Lee Jong Suk And Shin Hye Sun To Reunite After 5 Years In New Drama

Lee-Jong-Suk-Shin-Hye-Sun.jpg

On March 15, a source from Shin Hye Sun’s agency YNK Entertainment confirmed that the actress will play the female lead in SBS’s “Hymn of Death.”

Her character Yun Sim Deok is the first female soprano to achieve fame in Korea. The drama “Hymn of Death” is a two-part series that will follow the tragic love story of Yun Sim Deok and genius playwright Kim Woo Jin.

As previously announced, Lee Jong Suk accepted the role of Kim Woo Jin without receiving a guaranteed fee for his appearance.

Shin Hye Sun previously played a minor role in the drama “School 2013” starring Lee Jong Suk, so the two actors will be reuniting as leads after approximately five years.

According to Shin Hye Sun’s agency, they will begin filming for “Hymn of Death” in mid-April.

CR. Soompi 

Thank you, @Maetawinz !!

@cadymcbronzie @Daisy Str @Ni Wen @titania1000 @Aries17 @cp23  @golden19

@baduy the prof. hope you're feeling better, come join us.

@mglthrw8  calling y'all.

1 hour ago, stroppyse said:

Torn between wanting to see this since LJS is going to be fantastic in it, and not really being in the right mood to watch a tragic love story.

Well it'll be only 2 eps, so I think we're in good condition to handle it. :tongue:

I think LJS and SHS went to the same high school, and Kang Ha-Neul after LJS.

http://supernad2.tumblr.com/post/139159894823/happy-together-shin-hye-sun-kang-ha-neul-moved

LJS is 2 weeks younger than SHS but debuted much earlier.

So they go way back farther than just 2013 B)

Calling the Jong Suk squad here:blush: I'll bring popcorn! :tongue:

@ibru @Rania Zeid @ezze @kembie @asiaren @lanieqp0415 @Whitebox @Vera Vera @frozentundra @gilaswan @nonski @bahara @chelsita

Please tag others whom I might have missed

Fighting!

Jong Suk is not taking any fees for this drama because he likes and is close to the PD nim and also to show his appreciation for short dramas:)

@meechuttso I am glad they already know each other^_^  Shin Hye Sun also said she and Jong Suk goes to the same health clinic so they met a few times

cr: ljskwbwithjs via @ibru

3 hours ago, stroppyse said:

Torn between wanting to see this since LJS is going to be fantastic in it, and not really being in the right mood to watch a tragic love story.

Me too although it seems a nice pairing. But I will definitely watch it :D.

Secret Forest (Death) 2016 - My Golden Life 2017 - Death Song 2018

3 hours ago, Riman Rakshit said:

Calling the Jong Suk squad here:blush: I'll bring popcorn! :tongue:

@ibru @Rania Zeid @ezze @kembie @asiaren @lanieqp0415 @Whitebox @Vera Vera @frozentundra @gilaswan @nonski @bahara @chelsita

Please tag others whom I might have missed

Fighting!

Thanks a bunchie for the call @Riman Rakshit  Make sure you get the popcorn ready plus lots of tissues too!

29178754_1678356322201662_1935691041038401536_o.jpg?oh=bd0259fdacfd640f943d601b719a6e06&oe=5B40D209

I like this new pair, they will reunite after 5 years (School 2013) ...

I was surprised, but I like it.

Hye Sun in her last drama (My Golden Life) was phenomenal, and her popularity increased, apparently she had about 20 dramas and 4 movie proposals! This drama will have a very intense romance, so it will be so interesting to see these two!

She chose this project because before her debut she heard the tragic story of Yun Sim-Deok & Kim Woo-Jin on the radio and she finds it very romantic!

She also would like to work again with Lee Jong Suk .

From her last interview: She mentioned that she and Jong Suk visit the same health club so she met him a few times. She considered Jong Suk a successful senior and she may learn a lot from him.

Via: https://www.instagram.com/p/BgU-cc5lYl7/?taken-by=ljskwbwithjs

Edit: @ibru

Lee Ji Hoon Joins Lee Jong Suk And Shin Hye Sun In Upcoming Drama

Lee-Ji-Hoon-Lee-Jong-Suk-Shin-Hye-Sun.jpg

Lee Jong Suk and Shin Hye Sun’s upcoming short drama series has announced another cast member!

On March 15, a representative from Lee Ji Hoon’s agency confirmed that he will be joining the cast of “Hymn of Death” as Hong Nan Pa, who shares a close friendship with Kim Woo Jin (Lee Jong Suk) and Yun Sim Deok (Shin Hye Sun).

This is the first time in five years that Lee Ji Hoon has acted in the same work as Lee Jong Suk and Shin Hye Sun, as they all appeared in KBS’s “School 2013.”

“Hymn of Death” was a song released in 1926 by soprano Yun Sim Deok, which marked the beginning of modern songs in Korea. A movie of the same name, starring Jang Mi Hee, was released in 1991 and it has also been adapted into a musical. The drama will tell the tragic love story of Yun Sim Deok and playwright Kim Woo Jin, as well as shed light on his works, which were lesser known to the public.

https://www.soompi.com/2018/03/15/lee-ji-hoon-joins-lee-jong-suk-shin-hye-sun-upcoming-drama/

Hiiii Guysss....long time no see 

TnX so much @Riman Rakshit for calling me 

Haven't watched any drama since wyws & haven't signed in soompi too  

Well it's time to back to kdrama land after all

Though it's only 2 episodes I'm so excited for that,  good things about Short series are :

1 . We won't be worry if the story goes down after few eps cause it's just 2 eps so where is flop ? 

2 . We won't be worry about rating stuff cause i think no one doesn't  care about 2 eps rating: ) 

Alsoooo the casting makes me excited 

Seems that Our boy will play different role and that sad story he's always liked and here it's  Shin HyeSun , i know her and didn't think that she'll be female lead specially that she just ended filming such a long drama "My Golden Life " 

I haven't seen her in MGL but I'v watched LOTBS which she was 2nd lead , She Was pretty which she didn't have lead role , and School 2013 which i had hard time remembering her role & that was her debut drama , she is such a great Actress and among Rising Stars after MGL , my friend who watched MGL told me SHS was so great and i see how everyone praises her . So I'm happy to see her with JongSuk . 

And you know we don't need to worry about Chemistry when it comes to JongSuk. 

The story seems so interesting though I'm not tragic stories fan ( to the point that if i know a drama/book has sad end i usually avoid watching it despite its popularity  ) but here I'm cause of JongSuk and well  that's just 2 eps i can bear it :)

Can't wait for more informationssss 

23 hours ago, loveirina1 said:

Secret Forest (Death) 2016 - My Golden Life 2017 - Death Song 2018

Good one.

SF (Death) - MGL (Suicide, FAIL) - Hymn of Death (Double Suicide? SUCCESS). :ph34r::scream:

Hey, like, some girls ... are into that. I didn't know that about her, but maybe that's her thing. :crazy: That's it hon, get it out of your system...

Shin Hye Sun - "Hymn of Death" - No Reason Not To Appear In It

2018031614324410103-540x810.jpg

Shin Hye Sun - "Hymn of Death" - No Reason Not To Appear In It
From http://tenasia.hankyung.com/archives/1447063

신혜선은 이날 인터뷰에서 “‘사의 찬미’에 출연하지 않을 이유가 없었다”며 작품에 대한 기대를 드러냈다. 그는 “데뷔 전 라디오에서 윤심덕과 김우진의 러브스토리를 짤막하게 들은 적 있다. 가슴이 설레고 감수성이 풍부해졌다. 배우가 연기하기에 매력적인 캐릭터라고 생각했다”며 “그 후 몇 년 간 ‘사의 찬미’에 대해 잊고 있었는데 드라마로 제작한다는 소식을 들었다. 출연하지 않을 이유가 없었다”고 전했다.

Excerpt translated by :crazy:

At this interview, SHS saying " 'Hymn of Death' no reason not to do it," increasing our anticipation for this work. "Before my debut, there was an occasion when I heard briefly on the radio Yoon Shim-Duk and Kim Woo-Jin's love story. Made my heart flutter and felt the abundant sensibility. Thought it would be an attractive character for an actor to portray," and "after that for several years I had forgotten about 'Hymn of Death', but heard about remaking it as a drama. There was no reason not to appear (in the role)," she stated.

:skull: I second that cluelessness to the reason for her to not do it.

Really, though, think about how cool that is, you hear a story on the radio and are moved by it, think to yourself, what would it like to be that person, then you get this chance just falls on your lap! I am so happy for her.

LOVE the PIC!! :love:

Image may contain: 1 person, possible text that says 'The Story Of Love And Death: Yun Sim-Deok & Kim Woo-Jin 講美 ibru'

[The Story Of Love and Death: Kim Woo-Jin and Yun Sim-Deok]
Lee Jong Suk considers special drama project (2 episodes) (#DeathSong). 
This is a film adaptation of a movie with the same title made in 1991. 
PLOT: Based on the true tragic story of Kim Woo-Jin and Yun Sim-Deok.
Kim Woo-Jin is a stage drama writer while Korea is under Japanese occupation. He is married with children, but he falls in love with Yun Sim-Deok. Yun Sim-Deok is the first Korean soprano. She records the song “Praise of Death” which becomes the first Korean pop song in 1926. 
They leave Japan together, returning to Korea by ship. However the closer they come to Korea, the closer they come to being parted; and they throw themselves overboard to be together in death. They jumped from the ship into the ocean and both drowned. Kim Woo-Jin and Yun Sim-Deok's love ends tragically.

The movie 'Death Song' (Hangul: 사의 찬미; Hanja: 死의 讚美; RR: Saui Chanmi) is a 1991 South Korean film directed by Kim Ho-sun. It won multiple awards in the 1991 Chunsa Film Art Awards, including Best Film, the 1991 Blue Dragon Film Awards, again including Best Film, and the 1992 Grand Bell Awards.

Info Credit:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_Song_(film)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yun_Sim-deok
http://asianwiki.com/Praise_of_Death

Edited @ibru

Photo Source: Wikipedia, https://www.facebook.com/ddotchi.shipper/

Lee Ji-hoon, Shin Hye-sun to star alongside Lee Jong-suk in Hymn of Death

lee-jongsuk-hymn-of-desth-lee-jihoon-shi
Date: March 16, 2018 Author: tipsyahjumma

We got a full cast yeorobun!

Agencies of Shin Hye-sun (My Golden Life) and Le Ji-hoon (Legend of the Blue Sea) have both confirmed that the stars will be appearing alongside Lee Jong-suk (While You Were Sleeping) in the upcoming SBS two-part drama, Hymn of Death.

Shin Hye-sun will star in the drama as Korea’s first famous female soprano, Yun Sim-deok, with Lee Jong-suk taking the part of her married lover, playwright Kim Woo-jin. Further, Lee Ji-hoon will play the role of the lovers’ close friend, Hong Nan Pa.

As reported earlier, Hymn of Death will not only tell the tragic fate of Yun Sim-deok, it will also delve into the works of Kim Woo-jin.

Though Hymn of Death has no definite broadcast date yet, it was revealed that filming will start by  mid-April.

On a side note, Lee Jong-suk, Shin Hye-sun and Lee Ji-hoon all appeared in School 2013. Are you happy with the cast members?

https://ahjummamshies.wordpress.com/2018/03/16/shin-hye-sun-lee-ji-hoon-to-star-alongside-lee-jong-suk-in-hymn-of-death/

Archived