[Short Drama 2018] Hymn of Death [Death Song] / 사의 찬미

Maetawinz

3 hours ago, Lawyerh said:

I agree hes insanely handsome in inhumane way hahaha... seems its makjang story. Drama with japan war as background seldom end well.. but for LJS i will watch.

A bit confused so U jin already married? He really didnt look like already committed. Although yes he seems try to limit contact with her like dont touch her hair and ask her to come back home when shes visiting. But he also always take a glance at her and faintly smile at her. And the way their hand brushed off a bit while he pouring tea.... its just wow.

oh this is more a story of the woman and no.. this does not end well.. its a tragic sad love and controversial

lol. i don't even care about the characters.. he is so pretty and can act.. that's it..and his skin :P

he can legit pull jack's role from titanic.. 

anyway to naswer your questio - that's where your poems come into picture.. boy just got 25, has been here studying for some time and wife/kids are back home it seems.. love is love.. you can't do anything about it

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 hours ago, gilaswan said:

Anyone started watching yet?

There Here It's me

Where are others JongSuk fans  ? Hey guys come up the drama is worth talking about   :lol:

The First Episode was just so good and beautiful...

This drama is that dramatic love story that we all need ...

Both leads are doing great job ,  so proud of my talented boy & happy to see him acting along with such a talented actress  . 

So i was thinking that why woojin doesn't give SM that green light and then i remembered  he's a married man & SM know nothing about this that's why that WJ 's friend  tried to stop her...

So in next ep she'll know about that and there will be a kind of break up ( if we can call gazing &  staring eachother a relationship!  ) ,  But i wonder what will be happen later that they start dating eachother  ? 

Hmmmm and i love this drama OSTs , completely suit the genre & atmosphere  

Can't wait for next ep....:innocent:

We know that the result is inevitably sad and tragic. But I was so surprised by the writing and the direction of Chapter 1 that I think that its ending, even if it is very sad, will be done with style and delicacy.
I like how poetry expresses the deep feelings of the protagonists.
Besides that, the sweet and calm voice of Jongsuk and his way of expressing poetry is so nice.

I wish it were a full drama. I can imagine there would be a lot to dramatise in this relationship that lasted some 3-4 years. After watching the first episode, I'm wondering how much leaps in time they would have to make to get us to reach the intensity of the circumstances surrounding their death in 3 episodes. 

Has anyone read this?

https://www.allkpop.com/article/2018/12/lee-jong-suks-jab-at-the-lacking-narrative-of-his-short-drama-series-hymn-of-death-is-making-viewers-frown

Thoughts?

On 11/30/2018 at 8:57 AM, Lawyerh said:

I agree hes insanely handsome in inhumane way hahaha... seems its makjang story. Drama with japan war as background seldom end well.. but for LJS i will watch.

A bit confused so U jin already married? He really didnt look like already committed. Although yes he seems try to limit contact with her like dont touch her hair and ask her to come back home when shes visiting. But he also always take a glance at her and faintly smile at her. And the way their hand brushed off a bit while he pouring tea.... its just wow.

Well, we do know the ending to this one already, so I reckon it started with makjang as the genre. 

Kim Woo-jin was married by the time they met, and heir to a huge estate. From the looks of how the story has been interpreted, it would seem his family was also very traditional and he was living at the cusp of social and cultural change, not only within larger Korea (and Asia), but in his very own home. His wife as portrayed in the show is dressed traditionally in a hanbok still and performs the expected "wifely duties" of a first daughter-in-law as well, being messenger between husband and father-in-law. At the same time, Woo-jin himself says he likes the image of the "modern woman" (cf his comment on the hat that Sim-deok was looking at, saying that that was the mark of a "modern woman"). Many interesting elements in the show. Just not written for 3 episodes.

[He Hymn of Death] Ep 2 spoilers, Lee Jong Suk ♥ Shin Hye Sun

hymn.png

Article: Naver 'He Hymn of Death' Shin Hye Sun finds out that Lee Jong Suk is married 'shocked' 

1. [+1489,-48]
The atmosphere around Lee Jong Suk is amazing. He's elegant. 

2. [1264,-15]
During that time and age, parents decide their children's marriage partners. I'm not supporting people having an affair, but there are couples who get married because they love each other. And these couples failed to live with each other till the end. Marrying someone without loving that person and hanging on to it out of sense of duty puts one in a difficult and sad position when they begin to fall in love with someone else. 

3. [+708,-31]
Lee Jong Suk~ His vocalization and pronunciations are refreshing. I like hearing his low-pitched voice too.

4. [+527,-15]
The pitiful atmosphere surrounding Lee Jong Suk leaves a lump in my throat. 

5. [+253,-16]
Lee Jong Suk  ㅜㅠ♡

6. [+155,-4]
Lee Jong Suk fits the atmosphere around period dramas so much. and I've fallen for his low-pitched voice. 

7. [+137,-4]
Are you telling to me live? Or are you telling me to die? Every line touches my heart. 

8. [+119,-3]
I can feel the woman's emotions when the man doesn't give her any confirmation. It leaves a lump in my throat the whole time watching this. huk. 

9. [+110,-5]
Jong Suk is so cool. ㅠㅠ

chanmi.png

Article: Naver 'He Hymn of Death' Lee Jong Suk  Shin Hye Sun, leaves their marriage partners for their tragic love → breaks up in the end  

1. [+2215,-38]
It feels like Lee Jong Suk's acting got more mature.. He joined without getting guaranteed pay. Looks like he's doing his life acting in a short drama. 
- [+107,-0]
Because of his friendship with this drama's PD from While You Were Sleeping and he's interested in short dramas, which is why he decided to act in this drama without guaranteed pay.

2. [+623,-16]
He Hymn of Death is so sad. Kim Woo Jin is pitiful. 

3. [+497,-15]
To think that tomorrow's the final episode.. Lee Jong Suk's acting is daebak. 

4. [+294,-22]
I'll be waiting for tomorrow's episode. Lee Jong Suk. 

5. [+244,-21]
Give Shin Hye Sun some praises too, people. ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ During the beach scene, she asked him to hold onto her, her acting was so good that I teared up. 

6. [+134,-1]
Lee Jong Suk acted so perfectly considering that he isn't guaranteed pay for this. Lee Jong Suk's Kim Woo Jin is really, really the best. 

7. [+121,-0]
My god, I held my breath when Lee Jong Suk shouted at his father today. He has always been good in acting, but he's better in this. 

8. [+114,-7]
I feel bad for Shim Deok.. Shin Hye Sun's acting is so good. 

cr

so its officially end in korea. for the first time in my life, i want to watch drama legally. so, thank you Netflix. I will patiently wait until Dec 14th.

i cant comment anything as i only watching bits while following twitter update. but i want to comment how much my heart ache for the real kim woo jin/ kim u jin. this production team really trying to highlight kim u jin works as what they highlight with the exercpt from his journal.

"Passionately I listened to the curses put on my fate.

She was the only safe haven in my life besieged by the devil." -

From the November 26, 1921 entry of Kim Woo Jin's journal, Trace of Heart

"Are you living now?" "No, but I am hoping for a death. To live indeed. "

-On May 4, 1926, < The theory of poetry and death >

all this cut deep into my heart. his heartache. he pour everything in his writing. which only appreciated years after his death. 

i will comeback on dec 14th for proper commentary after i finish watching. :neutral: hopefully those who wait to watch legally can come back too to give their thought on all 3 eps. 

Great work from Lee Jong Suk and Shin Hye Sun and He Hymn of Death team. :heart:

happy watching everyone. 

for me this is his best role

he is so so so dashing and handsome and getting a good chance to show nuanced acting

And its super nice to see the team come back, but seems director is nice only to his male actors.. actresses don't get special appearances and the ongoing theme

Coming to cheating and marriage.. hmm .. wrong wrong wrong. . specially given i can't fault the wife much.. and worse its SD who kind of opened the pandora's box by telling a married man she tried to forget but didn't or couldn't..

i get it that heart needs what it needs.. but still

they both are so tall and look so amazing.. i like how her model figure is doing wonders here..

weren't all 3 in school 2013? - LJK, SD, the other guy who asked her to not fall in love

Archived