[Upcoming Mainland Chinese Drama] Jade Lovers 翡翠恋人

Rania Zeid

Read Zheng Shuang will have at least 3 dramas being shown in 2018. So will be better than 2017.

For Jade Lover....i really can't be sure...like u had seen...sometimes got news on release date then turn out to be invalid very last minute.

The recent "rumors"  are either schedule towards end of 2018....or i hope not, they had been photoshopping all of Lee Jong Suk's scenes with another actor.. in order to pass the korean ban...thus all these delay. But sounds abit impractical esp extra expenses.

Guess will have to wait for confirmed news....the type where some tv channel eg tencent or iqiyi really advertise about broadcast date n time...and show those tiny boxes saying ep 1, ep 2 etc.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't wait to watch Jade Lovers.... I just hope there is a team standby ready to sub in english. Love Chinese time period dramas but waiting for eng sub is a killer especially for us non-chinese speakers....

Thanks everyone for your updates.... I will be waiting to heard good news from ya about release dates....  

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/12/2018 at 11:28 AM, Cedric Ong said:

.or i hope not, they had been photoshopping all of Lee Jong Suk's scenes with another actor.. in order to pass the korean ban...thus all these delay. But sounds abit impractical esp extra expenses.

is this even posible? he is the main lead in this drama right? Sounds like its be tons of work to do that. 

The reason i wait for this drama is only Lee Jongsuk (as im not fan of Zheng Shuang), if they photoshopping all his scene, i might drop this drama from my list

12 hours ago, yoyo_icecube said:

is this even posible? he is the main lead in this drama right? Sounds like its be tons of work to do that. 

The reason i wait for this drama is only Lee Jongsuk (as im not fan of Zheng Shuang), if they photoshopping all his scene, i might drop this drama from my list

Think it's just a baseless rumor. Still no news on this drama. I realise there are quite a number of c-dramas or movies either co-produced with korean companies or have korean acting in it.....during the past 2-3 yrs....at that time they probably never expect the missile issue. For example Catman movie with actress Wu Qian and Sehun (EXO) (that thread is now near this thread on page 1 as i posted this now)....and also another one called "Graduation Season" with Krystal and Deng Lun.

Initially i thought the ban will slowly be lifted from end of 2017...but doesn't seem to read any news on it...and from the way these dramas/films got no confirmed dates of release...often they would write the current year....then when the year had passed, they would update to the next year.

Hope things would change soon. If not, a waste for the production teams and also the actors/actresses.

7 hours ago, Cedric Ong said:

Think it's just a baseless rumor. Still no news on this drama. I realise there are quite a number of c-dramas or movies either co-produced with korean companies or have korean acting in it.....during the past 2-3 yrs....at that time they probably never expect the missile issue. For example Catman movie with actress Wu Qian and Sehun (EXO) (that thread is now near this thread on page 1 as i posted this now)....and also another one called "Graduation Season" with Krystal and Deng Lun.

Initially i thought the ban will slowly be lifted from end of 2017...but doesn't seem to read any news on it...and from the way these dramas/films got no confirmed dates of release...often they would write the current year....then when the year had passed, they would update to the next year.

Hope things would change soon. If not, a waste for the production teams and also the actors/actresses.

i agree... how they gonna make profit if the drama is not airing.

Spoiler

btw, do you know Kim Dong Suk? i thought the ban is already lifted because i saw kim dongsuk uploaded clips from his chinsese drmaa on instagram

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Image may contain: 3 people, people smiling, text

2017.06.06 Koreaboo Article
China Begins To Lift The Ban On Hallyu Content In The Country

The Chinese government welcomes back K-Dramas, K-Pop concerts, and fan meets.
Now that China is loosening its restrictions on Hallyu content, Korean-related concerts and music programs will soon resume broadcasting.
The ban began to lift in early 2017 and is now on its way to subsiding completely.
This is exciting news for Chinese K-Drama fans, who have been looking forward to shows like Jade Lover for a long time.

fO25Daad6M0Ki7VlkCSFCWtfPPGGR1ldLlfNdP85KREDJEy3HSTDiAHxhkdINzCdAeOkRiBPBobMvQJ7eM1QnGNUW6dK5EtcDF0=w1600-rj

The trailer for Jade Lovers aired in January 2017 but the show will not officially hit screens until this October.

ezgif-2-14b43db814.gif

Lee Jong Suk stars in this unreleased Chinese drama, Jade Lovers with Zheng Shuang of Love O2O fame.

Full article :
https://www.koreaboo.com/news/china-begins-lift-ban-hallyu-content-country/

• 4 months later...

ChineseDrama.Info.png&key=ec86dd11dd06bc

Drama: Jade Lover

Jade Lover / Diamond Lover 2 China Drama

Title: Jade Lover / Diamond Lover 2 
Chinese Title: 翡翠恋人 / 克拉恋人2 / Fei Cui Lian Ren 
Broadcast Network: Zhejiang TV 

Broadcast Date: Coming Soon      

Genre: Idol, Republican, Romance 
Language: Mandarin 
Episodes: 35 
Director: Yik Chun Go, Jin Hyuk, Tan Langchang, Zhang Heyang 
Production Company: DMG 
Production Date: 2016 
Producer: Wu Bing 
Region: China 

Synopsis and Plot Summary 

A story about a naive and quirky young woman who comes into her own due to her life experiences. She falls into a romance with the president of a company.

During the 1930s, the Shen Family owned the largest jade company within Jade City. The family goes bankrupt and Shen Chenxi (Zheng Shuang) who is the daughter of the former manage takes up the burden of reviving the business. She clashes with Bai Luohan (Lee Jong Suk) who becomes a fierce rival at the onset. Bai Luohan (Lee Jong Suk) is a man treading morally ambiguous territory by working indiscriminately with both good and bad people. Although he appears cold and calculating on the outside, he is a kind-hearted man who is constantly on the lookout for Chenxi. She is hesitant at first, but a romance gradually blossoms between the two. 

Lin Yunran (Chen Shu) comes into the picture completely antagonistic towards Chenxi as she pines after Bai Luohan. Chenxi's childhood friend Mu Feng (Zeng Hongchang) is a man who has faithfully stayed by Chenxi's side. Chenxi also becomes friends with Lei Tianao (Li Yuan), the son of a military general. While focusing on bettering herself, Chenxi also searches for the old treasures that can save her family without knowing that it would also lead to a big secret.

Fun Facts 
  • DMG brings back a sequel to Diamond Lover, telling a similar story that is set in the Republican era instead of modern day.
  • Filming took place in Shanghai and Hengdian World Studios. 
  • Filming lasted four months beginning in Shanghai on January 23, 2016 and ending at Hengdian World Studios in February 2017. 
  • It is Korean actor Lee Jong Suk's first Chinese drama.
  • It is part of the dramas that were affected by the Hallyu Ban, an unofficial ban that was in effect in China to restrict all forms of Hallyu aka Korean Wave due to the political disagreement between China and Korea over THAAD. On October 31, 2017, there were reports that both sides were making a move to mend diplomatic ties and news that the virtual ban has been lifted came days later. (Source: Sohu

Cast 
Jade Lover Lee Jong-suk Lee Jong-suk as Bai Luo Han
Jade Lover Zheng Shuang Zheng Shuang as Luo Chen Xi

http://www.chinesedrama.info/2015/12/drama-jade-lover.html?m=1

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived