[Upcoming Mainland Chinese Drama] Jade Lovers 翡翠恋人

Rania Zeid

I've watched a few Zheng Shuang's dramas and I think it's okay. Of course there are still some actresses that I think are better haha. They look good together though. :lol: (just a little bit too thin) Anyway, the most important thing is their acting skills. I have faith JS can play it well. :wub:

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Yuan_IX

I just hope we get a more detailed synopsis of the story and each of the main characters.

I will wait for confirmation for the other cast members, in particular the lead actress.

As JS has reviewed the script before accepting it so I will believe in him on the storyline and his character, since he has control over that. As for the other factors, I just hope everything will be in good hand since it's outside of JS control too.

I think I just wait patiently than guessing anymore what it will be like LOL since I don't actually know anything other than some very basic info on "Jade Lover". I hope it won't revolve around just the romance as the name indicates but something more captivating in the fantasy element.

Zheng Shuang is the Rumored Female Lead of Emerald Jade Lover with Lee Jong Seok

Posted on December 27, 2015 by ockoala

huans.jpeg

C-dramas do everything fast and that includes casting and spoilers. Hot on the heels of news that Hallyu actor Lee Jong Seok was going to headline upcoming Korean-Chinese co-production C-drama Emerald Jade Lover, now comes the spoiler leak that his leading lady will be C-actress Zheng Shuang. I have a hard time finishing any Zheng Shuang drama, but honestly I don’t dislike her. Love Through a Millennium was probably her only work I liked but her debut in the C-version of Hana Yori Dango that was Let’s Go Watch Meteor Showerwasn’t all that bad.

She’s admitted to full on plastic surgery two years ago, which was hard to deny since her entire face changed, but that’s not my problem with her. I just need her to really dig deeper and sell me on her acting more than just be perky and cute. She has two already filmed big C-dramas coming up in college modern drama One Smile is Very Alluring with Yang Yang and Qing dynasty period drama Lonely Court in Late Spring with Hawick Lau, and if either hits huge before Emerald Jade Lover airs then it’s only going to work in Lee Jong Seok’s favor. Both dramas are based on super popular C-novels so it’s possible that Zheng Shuang’s star will skyrocket next year.

huans1.jpg

Emerald Jade Lover is set in the 1930’s and 40’s Shanghai, and Lee Jong Seok plays a returning overseas executive with mysterious background birth secret, while Zheng Shuang’s female lead is a girl who’s life has been cruel to the hands of fate but changes once she crosses paths with the male lead. Filming begins in the January 2016 and the drama will film for three months.

http://koalasplayground.com/2015/12/27/zheng-shuang-is-the-rumored-female-lead-of-emerald-jade-lover-with-lee-jong-seok/

Guest Yuan_IX

If the "rumoured actress" is Zheng Shuang like the writer of the recent article said, I also wish for her recently filmed C-Dramas to do well, in favour of Jong Suk. I have only ever watched her debut drama many years ago but I favoured the Taiwanese actress acting ability much more whom did the same role on her debut project too, just my honest POV only on this. I assume Zheng Shuang would have made improvement over the years too with more acting experiences so I will keep a positive image of her. Maybe this role will allow her star to shine brightly too.

Please release or leak some more info on Jong Suk's character, so far, it just focus on the "girl" side of the story. If anything, I hope Jong Suk's character will be the main focus of the story, afterall it's his comeback project and I want it to  be a very memorable one too, even if it's a c-Drama.

Spoiler

Nothing nothing nothing lol

3 hours ago, Yuan_IX said:

If the "rumoured actress" is Zheng Shuang like the writer of the recent article said, I also wish for her recently filmed C-Dramas to do well, in favour of Jong Suk. I have only ever watched her debut drama many years ago but I favoured the Taiwanese actress acting ability much more whom did the same role on her debut project too, just my honest POV only on this. I assume Zheng Shuang would have made improvement over the years too with more acting experiences so I will keep a positive image of her. Maybe this role will allow her star to shine brightly too.

Please release or leak some more info on Jong Suk's character, so far, it just focus on the "girl" side of the story. If anything, I hope Jong Suk's character will be the main focus of the story, afterall it's his comeback project and I want it to  be a very memorable one too, even if it's a c-Drama.

As far as I know, if it's Chinese deama, they won't release too much info before the drama is finished shooting. Then they'll do the promotion on various shows.

So far, they only mentioned it was telling a story of the girl from an innocent one thru her life changes to a goddess. And the love and hate relationship between her and the guy is finally changed her. The loveline of the story is helping her to grow as I read thru the brief intro.

Guest Yuan_IX

Thanks for the insight @gingertj831. That's why I think from the articles so far, the story emphasizes on the female character more and the male character is just a helper to her growth to a goddess, based on the little info released so far.

As Jong Suk is involved in this production, they really should generate more publicity and promote his side of the story more, it's more beneficial to everyone. So, I guess that's why I'm hoping they should release some more information sooner than later. April from now does seem like a very long time away for more info….But don't they also have a press conference or a ceremony to start the drama filming?

37 minutes ago, Yuan_IX said:

Thanks for the insight @gingertj831. That's why I think from the articles so far, the story emphasizes on the female character more and the male character is just a helper to her growth to a goddess, based on the little info released so far.

As Jong Suk is involved in this production, they really should generate more publicity and promote his side of the story more, it's more beneficial to everyone. So, I guess that's why I'm hoping they should release some more information sooner than later. April from now does seem like a very long time away for more info….But don't they also have a press conference or a ceremony to start the drama filming?

They'll have a start ceremony before shooting, it'll have the media to report it on most TV entertainment news. 

Maybe we just wait for it patiently. Let them surprise us, how about that? ;)

Guest Sandy5959

I totally agree with Yuan. There are so few information ab the male main character, they only focus on describing the female lead's story. Maybe they want to keep it secret to intrigue the viewers but releasing some more info doesn't make the drama less interesting if it really is. On the other side, all of his fans are paying many attentions to this project and if they find that his character is really attractive, the effect will be way better. 

I feel like there is some reasons that they had to confirm JS's involvement in this drama sooner than they expected. The storyline hasn't been done yet, it's really vague. And the casting also have the same problem. They just give hint here and there but no one confirms anything. If they work professionally, they will only have 2 option: never leak any information 'bout the female lead or speak out immediately to confirm or clear all the rumors. The way they deal with those issue kinda annoyed me. 

They have to confirm the casts first before releasing any promotion materials. I don't think we need to worry about the story not revolve around sukkie.  They don't spent all of those effort and money to get sukkie to sign on just to play back up to some girl. I believe the drama will focus mainly on sukkie and his love story not her.

I don't mind if it's her as long as it's not Tang Yan.  No offense,  but TY is too over exposure that it's getting boring to she her again n again. Also not a fan of TY acting as well.

Can't wait for photoshoot of him dress in his character.  Wonder when they will release the characters pix.  The wait is really killing me.  I just want this cdrama to be done with so we can move on to his k-project as soon as possible. Hihi

Guest Sandy5959
35 minutes ago, js4ever said:

They have to confirm the casts first before releasing any promotion materials. I don't think we need to worry about the story not revolve around sukkie.  They don't spent all of those effort and money to get sukkie to sign on just to play back up to some girl. I believe the drama will focus mainly on sukkie and his love story not her.

I don't mind if it's her as long as it's not Tang Yan.  No offense,  but TY is too over exposure that it's getting boring to she her again n again. Also not a fan of TY acting as well.

Can't wait for photoshoot of him dress in his character.  Wonder when they will release the characters pix.  The wait is really killing me.  I just want this cdrama to be done with so we can move on to his k-project as soon as possible. Hihi

Actually I don't need the story to revolve around him or he's the main character of the drama. All dramas need both male and female leads so that the story can flow well. Being the only lead is really tired and lonely and scary at the same time, our Sukkie had been through this once. The only thing that I'm afraid is that they will give him a lame character, a model leading male that hard-to-be-interested-in because they're busy to put all their effort to build the female story. That's why I'm asking for more info ab JS character.

But yeah, even the casting haven't finished yet so it's hard for us to get any further materials. And seeing JS in 1930s costume is my 2016 goals LOL

@Sandy, oh I got what you mean now.  Yeah, I hope that won't happen.  So lets pray for great script/plot n success to Jade Lover. Maybe we be hearing more infos in this coming week. Only sukkie confirmed but no main lady n second leads yet to be leaked.

Guest Sandy5959
32 minutes ago, js4ever said:

@Sandy, oh I got what you mean now.  Yeah, I hope that won't happen.  So lets pray for great script/plot n success to Jade Lover. Maybe we be hearing more infos in this coming week. Only sukkie confirmed but no main lady n second leads yet to be leaked.

Hahaha although they hasn't confirmed yet but the main leading female is pretty sure LOL :D Everyone assume that Zheng Shuang is the one. 

This is the last week of 2015 so let's wait and see ;) 

Guest Yuan_IX

Thanks @pinocchioash_stv for the article. I like the way they wrote this article that they are respecting and valuing JS opinions on the story/his role so that is a very good thing.

Poor me...i may not be able to join the party celebrating js new project!!  Sukkie-ya just the right timing... You & me will be busy till march...but i'll be visiting here once in a while. Seems that my oppa is busy with school too..probably he is now becoming more motivated to finish his study. 

1930's was the period of civil war in China & the country also undergone revolution...it was a trying era i guess. So, we could expect the kind of 'disturbed' character jongsuk would play. Since he is allowed to make necessary changes to the script/character...there's not much information shared yet. Well, this is also marketing strategy. The lesser the better

Archived