[Upcoming Mainland Chinese Drama] Jade Lovers 翡翠恋人

Rania Zeid

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wishing and hoping that our JS will start filming on the 27th. 12540611_164666820569227_145553089926363

Shooting for this week: TV drama "Jade Lovers" will use #1 and  #2 shed, from the French Concession floor on the 27th. Starring: Zheng Shuang, Lee Jong-suk--this was posted in weibo.

Zheng Shuang has confirmed to shoot on the 27th...fingers crossed for JS. 

Guest Sandy5959
7 hours ago, Yuan_IX said:

Emerald vs Red Jade

I have no idea of the design of the butterfly with the "emerald vs red jade" design for the Jade Lover posters (are they just for the script booklets?)  For me, the "butterfly" design reminds me of "Butterfly Lovers" movie/drama story I have watched of a Chinese legendary pair of lovers but with a tragic ending. I hope "Jade Lovers" won't have that kind of a tragic ending too since the girl in this story will turn into a goddess so I guess we will find out when finally get to watch it (but I'm a sucker for a happy ending more)….

Just some info from my brief research on Jade related things, to contribute something to this thread….

"Most people think of the jade used in fine jewelry as a green gemstone, but jadeite is white in its pure form and actually appears in a wide range of colors, including lilac/lavender, pink, brown, red, blue, orange, yellow, and black. The most prized jadeite, particularly in China, is known as imperial jade. It is a deep emerald or apple green due to chromium oxide in the mineral, sometimes with tiny black inclusions." [1]

If you examine the 2 posters, it actually has a "reddish colour jade" for the body of the butterfly of the pink poster, whereas the green poster has an emerald jade body butterfly…

Red Jade is a stone of life-force energy, dispelling fear that holds one back, and urges one to action. [2]

Green Jade is a crystal of love. It is supportive of new love, and increases trustworthiness and fidelity. It also inspires love later in life. [2]

"Jade Butterfly - symbol of love, transformation

The Butterfly is a symbol of change or transformation, joy and love. Carved in jade, this symbol will promote spiritual awareness, and love. Add a chain and wear it as a pendant, or place it on your altar, or bedside for spiritual guidance.

Butterfly is a powerful symbol in myth and religion. For Early Christians, it represented the soul itself. In China it symbolized conjugal bliss and joy. American Indians call upon the butterfly for guidance in change, color, and happiness.

Symbol of successful love

A butterfly carved from jade holds a special romantic significance. Ancient Chinese legend tells of a youth who wandered into the garden of a wealthy mandarin in pursuit of a multi-colored butterfly. Instead of being punished for trespassing, his visit led to marriage with the mandarin's daughter.

Today, a jade butterfly symbolizes successful love.

Butterfly Dance

The "dance of the butterfly" can teach you not to take things so seriously. The butterfly has taste sensors on the front legs, enabling them to experience life through motion (dancing, walking).

Butterfly brings color and lightness to your life. Color is an important part of our daily life and can affect how we respond to various situations. (you can read more about color here.)

The Butterfly protects in the sense that she lets change be joyful and not traumatic." [3]

Source (1) (2) (3)

Reveal hidden contents

@Sandy5959 - We have so much patience for him :lol: what is more with a few more days, 18th (missed), 22nd (missed), 27th (wishing) so let's hope this week is final date…he needs to start soon since he said he wants to be "a COW" this year :lol: and we love to see him in 3 different projects. Good thing he chose a Chaebol role since he doesn’t need to exercise, eat nice food, perfect to have some meat on him since he is rich ….

Wow so jade has many colors like that, I only think of green when talking ab jade :sweatingbullets::P I thought the gem on the pink poster is ruby so I was a little confused. Thanks for your insight ab jade and butterfly Yuan :rolleyes: I just read Rania's post in JS's thread and they said JL will start filming in February... Is that mean they delay it once again??? :huh:  Urg. Repeat to myself a thousand times: be patient LOL :sweatingbullets:

And when I read High Cut interview, I also laughed when he said that he hate exercising hahahaha Hope his cheeks won't get chubbier after this chaebol role LOL :lol: Or else he should get a police or an athlete role next hahahaha :D

Guest Yuan_IX
14 hours ago, tompark said:

We are waiting for everyone on Viki!

Thanks for subbing this drama. Wish you and the team all the best and much success with this project :blush:

On 1/27/2016 at 7:28 PM, tompark said:

The channel for "Jade Lover" was finally approved on VIKIhttps://www.viki.com/tv/28326c-jade-lover :w00t::wub:

Thank u for you effort and for the nice page :) 

On 1/27/2016 at 7:32 PM, Akmuse79 said:

I am a bit sad his voice will be dubbed over.  However I love Chinese republican era dramas so I am really happy about that.

yeh that dubbing thingy is worrying me :( 

9 hours ago, Rania Zeid said:

Thank u for you effort and for the nice page :) 

yeh that dubbing thingy is worrying me :( 

I don't seem to mind when it is Chinese Dramas so I am hoping I will be able to get past it.  Especially since so many of my favorite Korean actors are doing a chinese drama.  Joo Won, LJS, Ji Chang Wook

0gWo6Jc.jpg

Message from a really nice actor in Jade Lover who replies to fan's queries (taken from his Weibo account):

Hello everyone, first of all thank you for your concern and encouragement! Previously I said that Jong Suk Hyung will join the team today, female lead Zheng Shuang has already joined the team. But because they are not staying in the same place as us, so I cannot confirm the exact situation. But Team B is supposed to start to filming on February 1, I saw Hyung's scenes on the filming notice/ schedule. Moreover his RV is already here, so I reckoned Hyung has arrived. Really because there were too many messages left for me tonight, I am unable to reply to all, sorry!

PS: He keeps calling Jong Suk Oppa instead of Hyung. :grimace: Someone should correct him. :sweatingbullets: I changed it for him. 

oooo..He is already there?  How do they manage to keep his travel so secret?  

Anyways...I am wondering if there is a possibility that for foreign distribution they keep LJS's voice ...Is it even a distant possibility?  I am looking forward to the drama because of him but the moment he has to say something, if his voice comes out Chinese and not familiar  when I watch it on Viki, it will be a challenging adjustment....Perhaps they will choose someone really good to dub.  They can't waste such a big production on bad voice talent right?  Still, it will be so awesome if they could keep his voice outside China.  

56 minutes ago, ThinkPositive said:

oooo..He is already there?  How do they manage to keep his travel so secret?  

Anyways...I am wondering if there is a possibility that for foreign distribution they keep LJS's voice ...Is it even a distant possibility?  I am looking forward to the drama because of him but the moment he has to say something, if his voice comes out Chinese and not familiar  when I watch it on Viki, it will be a challenging adjustment....Perhaps they will choose someone really good to dub.  They can't waste such a big production on bad voice talent right?  Still, it will be so awesome if they could keep his voice outside China.  

@ThinkPositive I cannot promise you anything cos no one has seen him yet. But provided there's no further delay to the production schedule, if he's not there yet, he should be flying any moment soon. Let's hope that they'll air it in Korea so that they'll keep his voice and dub the rest. I don't mind watching both the China and Korea versions in that case. For sure they'll use someone who is good at the job, but his voice will definitely not be as nice as JS's. :(

Archived