[Upcoming Mainland Chinese Drama] Jade Lovers 翡翠恋人

Rania Zeid

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Riman Rakshit said:

@gilaswan LJS was asked this question. How he connected in spite of not knowing mandarin. He replied that he connected with his co-stars from their emotions and eye movements which transcends language. He knew what they were saying from his script and the rest he picked up purely by their body language etc^_^

That's why he's so good at his craft!

12 hours ago, triplem said:

I remember watching Park Hae Jin in his c drama , Far Away Love and it was pretty much like that- he speaks Korean and the cast speaks Mandarin.  So it will take a really good actor to build up chemistry with co stars that they have language barriers with. PHJ did it and from the vid above , I have faith in LJS as well. Seems to be able to connect with his co-star. But somehow the flavour is different from k dramas.  Not only is LJS voice dubbed, all the co-stars are dubbed too. In china , they have to do this to standardise the pronunciation since there are different accents from different parts of the country. They do this for every drama if I'm not mistaken. Got to check with @lynne22 @kokodus @stargazer187 , you guys planning to watch this? 

Yeah, the dubbing of female voices really annoy me though. Maybe it's just me, but I can't stand the way the female leads also have this very "撒娇" (I know google translates it as "playful", but the more accurate translation would be, "acting like a spoilt child/acting coquettishly/throwing a tantrum") voice. Annoys me to death. It never used to be this way, but C-dramas in more recent times are like this, which has what turned me off them. BUT! Because Jongsuk... I'll give it a shot. Hahaha... And if I give up on it, it would not be because of him, but the actress! Hahaha...

10 hours ago, stargazer187 said:

@triplem whoah.. it's been a long time since last time came here. It was after Pinocchio ended back then. So, it hasn't been aired yet until now? Heol...:o

I think I'd try it but after I know it's going to be dubbed. Idk, will I be able to endure it if I have to hear LJS without his real voice. I know most of C-shows are dubbed. That is why, It's not a problem if I never know the actor real voice in the first place , I don't really bothered. But it's kinda off when I have known their real voice but it's getting dubbed. But.. if they really can find a proper dubber that suits him and the story is worth, I'll see it for LJS. :D

Btw recently, I watch some C-dramas, most are teen dramas. Like I've shared on the other thread, it's The Big Boss. Lol, it's weird but it's hillarious. Also one of my fave I had done long ago, MD (master devil do not kiss me). Aw... that makes me fall for this younger 哥哥 Li Hong Yi. Opps.. OT here.. 对不起!!

So when will this air?

Suppose to air on the 29th...can someone confirm ?

1 hour ago, Cedric Ong said:

No...not today....if u check the cdramabase site above, it now said 5 dec....2017-12-5. Maybe a change.

oh really? i just about to ask where to stream the show. can someone post the info about the broadcast later? (date and time) if possible pls do share with us how can i stream it. i am a noob when come to chinese drama.. i only stream once via mango tv for the love through millennium, few years ago.

I can't confirm yet. The various websites eg tencent, youku, mango/mgtv etc didn't show that type of webpage which usually will be created when a drama is debuting....eg with "boxes"  (links) showing Ep1, Ep2 etc. For iqiyi, it even show 1 Jan 2018. ???

http://so.iqiyi.com/so/q_翡翠恋人?source=input&sr=1505589110288

Will update once got more info.

On 11/29/2017 at 8:28 PM, Cedric Ong said:

I can't confirm yet. The various websites eg tencent, youku, mango/mgtv etc didn't show that type of webpage which usually will be created when a drama is debuting....eg with "boxes"  (links) showing Ep1, Ep2 etc. For iqiyi, it even show 1 Jan 2018. ???

http://so.iqiyi.com/so/q_翡翠恋人?source=input&sr=1505589110288

Will update once got more info.

Hi:blush:Did you get any more info?

will it air today?

• 1 month later...

Archived