[Upcoming Mainland Chinese Drama] Jade Lovers 翡翠恋人

Rania Zeid

Our days will become busy from now on.. finally...  first i had mixed feelings about this but now i'm so excited to see him..  although the "dubs" part is kind of freaking me out...  i LOVE ljs's voice... ottokeeeee!! 

Ps i have no idea about chinese actress..  you guys do? And how good they are? I really hope that the female lead match his talent and performance and hope they'll make a good chemistry and a terrific show for us!! 

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hi @rania..i'm here..of course i'm so happy about our sukkie's  chinesse drama. i loved some of chinesse's dramas, so i'm quite familiar with C-dramas..hoping it will be a very great storyline, and an awesome leading lady,,i read from twitter the rumored leading lady is zheng shuang..i always loved her since meteor garden she's cute and pretty and her acting is good..looking forward for the confirmation..

i will be here supporting our sukkie..always:wub:

17 minutes ago, cloe_1409 said:

hi @rania..i'm here..of course i'm so happy about our sukkie's  chinesse drama. i loved some of chinesse's dramas, so i'm quite familiar with C-dramas..hoping it will be a very great storyline, and an awesome leading lady,,i read from twitter the rumored leading lady is zheng shuang..i always loved her since meteor garden she's cute and pretty and her acting is good..looking forward for the confirmation..

ceo of drama says that  Tang Yan  is cadidate. btw he also followed zheng shuang's weibo 

1 hour ago, cloe_1409 said:

@cloe_1409 hi! Thanks for the insightful post. I'm sure ljs leading actress would be someone of equally talented & adorable as him since this is a korea-china collaboration project. It also involves a BIG investment thus those casted for this drama are surely thoroughly selected. I'm Proud of him, at such a 'green' age (consideringly his 5year experience in acting) , he is already acknowledged by others...

ahhh!! This man is amazing

On 12/23/2015 at 10:47 AM, aydenJ said:

Thanks for this thread @Rania Zeid

i'm so excited to see him in 1930's style...and to see his dark side too. Talking about the big budget, i admit having high expectation for this drama. I'm Just curious about how would their lines be? One speaks korean & the other speaks mandarin? Funny tho! 

btw, how do we get to watch the drama? Do we need to register for tudou or any other Cdrama site?

Usually you can see it on letv.com, but it'll be all in Chinese.

All Chinese dramas are preproduced

On 12/23/2015 at 8:00 AM, Rania Zeid said:

Lee Jong Seok Confirms Next Project as Korean-Chinese Drama Emerald Jade Lover

Posted on December 22, 2015 

It was clearly bound to happen, and now the when and what have been answered. Lee Jong Seok has just confirmed his next acting project, and he becomes the latest in a long string of Korean actors and actresses heading over to China to be a small fish in a much bigger pond.

muds.jpg

maisa.jpg

The production of Emerald Jade Lover has confirmed that the leading lady will be an A-list Chinese actress, which narrows down the possibilities to the handful that have been starring in drama after drama in recent years – namely Tang Yan, Zhao Li Ying, Liu Shi Shi, and Zheng Shuang. Crystal Liu is busy with the movie version of Three Lives Three Worlds, Ten Miles Peach Blossoms, while Yang Mi is going to be doing the drama version of that same story. I doubt movie stalwarts like Bai Bai HeFan Bing Bing, Sun Li, or Zhao Wei will be lured to do a drama like this, so really it’s the first four ladies I named who have the biggest chance of getting the role. Personally I’d go for Zhao Li Ying, she’s adorable and I can see her shining in an early Republic era period role.

Cr : koalasplayground

Only Sun Li and Krystal Liu are the best. They're in early 30s. Zhao Wei is less possible as she's much older and as well as Fan Bing Bing. Please not Tang Yan, she doesn't know how to act, sorry for her!

Chinese drama now pays a lot. Sun Li got most paid among all others. 

1 hour ago, Rania Zeid said:

hope they ll cast a good actress with whom he can be comfy and have chemistry ... i m bit worried abt the female lead actually hhhhhh 

I imagine myself act in korean drama while I can't even speak korean...how can i create good chemistry if I can't even understand his joke!!! 

Well...language barrier could be overcomed by having translator right? So don't worry *hiccup!! Surely ljs can overcome this...

2 hours ago, aydenJ said:

I imagine myself act in korean drama while I can't even speak korean...how can i create good chemistry if I can't even understand his joke!!! 

Well...language barrier could be overcomed by having translator right? So don't worry *hiccup!! Surely ljs can overcome this...

yehh agree dunno hoe he ll handle that problem nd manage to have good rapport with other chinese actor with him in that drama :( 

Guest Yuan_IX

CXAKlc2UEAE_jVc.jpg:large

cr: owner

JS liked a C-fan's post "I believe in your Choice and Welcome to China". I think he does know what he is getting into before signing up on the project.

He is a very talented actor so will immense in the script and act out his role with 100%+ professionalism. With the PD-nim from DR Stranger and possibly other S.Korean crews there too for this production, he won't feel too alienated. I hope the cast will be nice and make him feel welcome too. C-fans will most likely be snoopy around, trying to see him so he has them to entertain him too lol.

I don't think this C-drama will cause his popularity to drop since I heard the Diamond Lover drama (though I haven't watch it) has good rating so let just stay positive. It's not like he is working in China long term, just a one-off project then he is right back home for other productions this year. It will be a year for Lee Jong Suk. It's like a drought all year long and now it's finally raining again. Fighting JS!

Guest Yuan_IX

For those whom have never watch a C-Drama or C-Movie before, perhaps, you can try and watch a C-Movie of Crystal Liu (in spoiler).  The Korean actor Song Seung Hun collaborated in a China production project so you can have a little taste/feel on their chemistry/rapport. I recently watched this movie and liked it and they had great chemistry in this movie (in own POV). As Crystal is one of the potential actresses (though she said to be busy with other project) you can at least see how she acts. Actually everyone will have their own personal favourites since we have different likeness in things so what may be good for me not be for you :-)

I think Zhao Li Ying is also an aspiring actress in recent year and have enjoyed her latest drama "Journey of Flower". Also another good actress is Zhao Wei (Vicki) since watching her in "Princess of Pearl" but very unlikely for her to participate in another drama soon. Tang Yan seems to have so many projects, just this year alone I think 4/5 dramas, one of which is Diamond Lover but I have not really follow her dramas so can't really comment if she has progress since I last watched her.  I have only randomly watched C-dramas with the actresses I like in it but off course I am anticipating and shall not miss JS C-drama for sure :-)

However, even if an actress is relatively new she may perform exceptionally well if given the right role.

Spoiler

Guest Sandy5959

Thanks so much for your info sweetie @Yuan_IX :rolleyes: For a noob in Cdrama like me, your post helps me a lot to get to know ab Chinese actresses. Although the leading actress hasn't been revealed yet but I hope she will match with him well and they can show us their good cooperation in spite of the language barrier ;)

P.s: Waiting is killing me now :tears:

Guest Sandy5959

I don't know much ab her but the feeling is not bad LOL Just hope if this is true, the producer will confirm it soon...

I really wish everything will be fine :)

3 hours ago, Rania Zeid said:

Seems like Zheng Shuang is going to be LJS' leading lady in Jade Lovers

Embedded image permalink

cr:青春影视偶像 

Visually they look good together... If she's his co-star I really hope the girl has at least decent acting skills!!!! lol

I just checked some videos of her in yoitibe and personnaly i'm a little bit afraid of her acting skills.. well maybe her acting depens on the role and the character she'll have so i'm really hopimg for her to nail it!! Of course that if she is really the leading actress!! 

On 12/26/2015 at 0:08 AM, Rania Zeid said:

Seems like Zheng Shuang is going to be LJS' leading lady in Jade Lovers

MOD EDIT: DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES!!!

cr:青春影视偶像 

I hope not her. As I mentioned before, she's not the good choice, but it's better than Tang Yan though. As Chinese reporters' report early this month, Zheng Shuang lost a lot of weight and like a skeleton now. No affend here.

Archived