[Upcoming Mainland Chinese Drama] Jade Lovers 翡翠恋人

Rania Zeid

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Sandy5959
On 18/1/2016 at 0:41 AM, mygirls said:

This week hopefully we see JS filming... I'm so excited. Sorry haven't been on thread.... Sorry poster in pink is too girly for me...:lol:... I need jade....:D

Hahahaha yes, I feel the same :P Where is the jade color poster? This is much more better... :sweatingbullets:

tumblr_o05swoD4Dx1sh32sgo1_400.jpg

Anyway 2 days left!!! We'll see him soooon :wub:

On January 18, 2016 at 0:36 AM, Rania Zeid said:

yes true i think he s convinced somehow of that drama to take it.. and also maybe cz  pd Jinhyuk will be directing the drama and he tusts him a lot..

so hope it ll be a good drama 

He also learnt from his DS experience...thats probably the reason he insist on having the liberty to make amendment to the script? Hmm...he surely foresee the good outcome of it. And to be a multipersonalities chaebol? His dream come true ( or he made it come true) 

675cdcc1gw1f0979zj88fj23402c0qv6.jpg

675cdcc1gw1f097a585d4j23402c0x6q.jpg

675cdcc1gw1f097acg4wmj23402c0x6q.jpg

675cdcc1gw1f0979wcw7zj20qo0zkwnm.jpg

675cdcc1gw1f097adnmxtj21f01w0h21.jpg

675cdcc1gw1f097agvj7rj23402c07wj.jpg

Cr: As tagged

Jong Suk and Zheng Shuang did not turn up for the opening ceremony. But Jong Suk's fans were there and they brought some gifts for the production team. :rolleyes: Jong Suk fans asked in weibo when JS will join the team and 宁显周's answer was he doesn't know but it should be soon, probably these few days.

‘High Cut’ Interview (Jan 2016) - Part 1

Source: DC
Translation note: Been so long :) Three projects? I believe in you.

Lee Jong Suk is lovely. Female reporters who have done interviews with him will inevitably be melted by him, calling them ‘noona’ and releasing his aegyo like a mischievous youngster. However, Lee Jong Suk of 2016 seems to have a different aura. After his work in ‘Pinocchio’ back in 2014, he has rested for quite a while,now he is no longer the 26-year-old with tons of aegyo, he is a 28-year-old with frustrations, fears and ambitions for growth. After a year of intense internal turmoil, he reaches the conclusion that it is all about acting. This is Lee Jong Suk’s talk about his current situation.

How have you been spending your time?

I’ve just been at home. (laughs) Coming to the film set today… I actually haven’t left home for a long time. I thought about a lot of stuff while I was at home – not about anything important though. Oh! I watched a lot of dramas. I really love watching dramas. I’ll also practise my acting while watching. Actually, there were times lately where I’ve become scared of acting.

You’ve never been caught in any acting controversies though, how come you would be scared?

Of course I would. That’s why I’ve been attending acting classes, going to school and acting with people in my year and some junior actors. Don’t know why, but somehow I’ve become a little fearful of acting, compared to before.

That is surprising. I had thought that Jong Suk-ssi is a person that doesn’t fear anything or envy anyone.

There’s so much to be envious about in the world. I am most envious when I watch people who are good at acting. To be truthful, my image as an actor rides very much on my appearance. That’s why I am particular envious of male actors who have a masculine face. That’s something I don’t have. Whether this is an obstacle I can never overcome, or it’s an obstacle that I can one day overcome with tons of hard work… it’s something I am always thinking about deeply. Well, even when I think much about it, there really isn’t any conclusion. I guess there is a need for masculine actors and also actors like me, right? (laughs)

A while ago, you were that without any projects, 2015 was a year that was ‘a shocking time’ to you.

I don’t like leaving the house and I never have anything I want to do in particular. But acting is something that is always captures my interest the most. So I tend to retain my memory of the past through the projects I was in – I’ve been in projects continuously since I debuted, if you think about it. These days, since I’ve spent too much time without a project, I’ve started to feel empty, which must be why I said that in an interview. I feel like time was passing way too quickly.

One can really feel that Jongsuk-ssi is a fan of television dramas. This is your answer to a fan at a China fansign – you were asked which couple you liked in ‘Reply 1988′ and replied ‘Taek-ie’. So you’ve clearly watched ‘Reply 1988′?

I felt a little weird writing a couple name. I felt that Taek’s character is extremely charismatic, which is why I like him. (laugh)

What other dramas have you watched besides ‘Reply 1988′?

’Six Flying Dragons’, ‘Oh My Venus’. I follow most varieties too. When I watch the actos of my age, I would pay special attention to their acting skills. Byun Yo Han in ‘Six Flying Dragons’ can really do romantic acting very well. His gaze is excellent and his expressions when conveying emotions are also really well-done. He really manages to convey the feelings of the character in an honest manner, I feel? 

When you film ‘Jade Lover’, you’ll have to be in China for a long time. You won’t be able to keep up your dramas then; what should you do?

Which is why I a special request: There has to be Korean television channels where we live. Haha.

All the reporters who have interviewed Jong Suk-ssi would praise your socializing abilty, but you keep saying that you are introverted and hard to warm up to. What is your real personality?

It’s true though. Even if I call someone ‘noona’ the first time I meet her, I am still really awkward around strangers.  I am especially shy in front of my sunbaes. I don’t really know why this is but I just somehow find it difficult. It happened again a few days ago: when I went to a film premiere and saw a lot of sunbaes, my back became wet with sweat. It’s so easy to tell when I am flustered. My face would turn completely red.

It would seem that your personality is not suited to be an entertainer then?

Is that so? Actually I do feel that, as time goes on. Haha.

What did you do during the new year?

I went to my grandmother’s house. Rather than having a heart-stirring time, it made me make some decisions about life. I decided to do a lot of projects this year. You usually would do interviews around the new year, so I would always talk about how many projects I want to do the following year. But I didn’t do it for 2015. So this year, I made the decision to be in at least three projects.

Three in a year? If they are all dramas, you would almost die from filming. You probably won’t have any time to sleep.

It probably will be tough. Though it’s very tough, I will endure it. Because I’m always so happy when I see it broadcasted.

‘High Cut’ Interview (Jan 2016) - Part 2

Source: DC
Translation note: 2000 words *__*

When you monitor your own work, do you get hung up on your own appearance? Why did you call yourself a ‘cotton bud stick’ before? (laughs)

Huhu. Yes, I said that. There was a time when I really looked like a cotton bud stick. Today, when I was monitoring my work, I feel that I’ve grown rounder around the chin. I have to deal with that but dieting is getting so tiresome for me.

I had thought that Jong Suk-ssi is the kind of person that is ‘skinny since birth’. This is such a reversal.

No, I have to keep dieting. I used to be ‘ skinny since birth’, but nowadays a lot of male actors would do a lot of exercise, so I also trained for the swimming scenes in ‘No Breathing’ and shower scenes in ‘Doctor Stranger’. It was so busy back then but I would still exercise and go on a special diet. Since I couldn’t ear much back then, now I seem to have developed a desire for food. Like today, everyone is drinking Americano coffee (black coffee) but I’m drinking really sweet coffee, see?

So it seems that you dislike exercising?

Yep, that’s right. I hate doing sports. A while back, I wanted to get out of the house so I started doing horse-riding and rock-climbing, but it so tiring. If I were doing it for a project then I can stick with it, since I set a goal for myself, but it is exhausting to do it for fun. I’m really the type to only do it if someone is beside me pushing me. Even if I am at home, I don’t exercise at all; but sometimes there would be CF filmings and stuff… Wa, it’s so tiresome.

Perhaps Jong Suk-ssi is most suited to be a hanryang (한량, Joseon aristocrats that lives well and doesn’t need to work)?

Perhaps so. Sometimes I really think I don’t want to be a star, but even if I did other jobs, people know my face already, so… (laughs) In the past, I’ve said I wanted to be the owner of a coffee shop. Wouldn’t that be great?

Coffee shop owner seems to suit you well. Let’s stop worrying about your future and talk about your new project ‘Jade Lovers’.  I heard the production cost is 40 billion won, your shoulders must be heavy with the responsibility.

It is heavy… but I have to do my best even if it’s heavy. 40 billion is enough for around eight movies. But there is another reason I chose a Chinese drama, besides the production cost. Recently, Korean dramas have started to complete production before broadcast – the reason is to be able to air it at the same time in China*.  If it’s like that, then I feel that it’s not bad to pick a project that is written by Chinese writers and matches the cultural elements of China.

* I am suspecting that since anything that broadcasts in China has to pass through its censor department so usually China requires the filming to be done before buying the rights.

But if you film in China, then you would be speaking Korean while your partner would be speaking Chinese Wouldn’t that be really difficult to immerse yourself into the story?

Emotions are conveyed through facial expressions. As for the dialogue of the other actors, you can find out from reading the script. There shouldn’t be any problems capturing the emotions. When I was at school, I would watch exchange students from China while they act. Although their Korean is still not completely fluent, but you can feel the emotions. It’s the same idea.

So you don’t plan to have Korean activities while you film ‘Jade Lovers’?

I will finish filming quickly and return when the weather becomes warm. I plan to decide on my next project while I am China – the plan right now is to go for drama first.

Jong Suk-ssi seems to like dramas more than movies.

I like movies a lot as well. For most actors, their final destination is on the silver screen. But somehow I feel more familar with tv dramas. I feel that there are a lot of fans waiting for me so if I do a drama, I’ll get to present myself to them more quickly. We’ll meet on television soon~ 

In your projects, you seem to always portray characters with some flaws. Like, you have never done any characters with both parents alive. Perhaps the audience wants to see Lee Jong Suk’s image as like that.

Yes, besides in a sitcom (High Kick 3), none of my characters have had both his parents. Somehow when I read scripts, I seem to lean towards that kind of scripts. I slightly prefer movies or dramas that is rich in melancholy.

What do you consider first when you choose projects?

My role. I would definitely look at that first, but lately I’ve also started to pay attention to the role opposite mine. I would consider if that role can help mine as well, since I am the kind of actor that can be greatly helped [by a good role opposite mine]. My emotions will naturally move up and down according to the opposite role. So I pay special attention to how the male and female characters react to one another.

As we converse more, Jong Suk-ssi seems a little disappointed at times. You have such passion for acting, but your commercial image still seems stronger than that of Actor Lee Jong Suk?

There’s nothing to be done about that. It could be because of where I started. People still label me with ‘model-turned-actor’ from time to time. So I just have to work harder.

You’ve said so many times that you want to get married while you are prettiest. So I’ve read that fans keep emphasizing that ‘Lee Jong Suk is not handsome’.

About three years ago, there was a time when I kept saying that. That was when (Lee) Boyoung-noona was getting married. The year I was 25, I did five projects. I was so tired and busy that I kept thinking how wonderful it would be to settle down. Especially after hearing Boyoung-noona, who is like a real sister to me, was getting married, my heart was quite set on that. (laughs) Of course I don’t have plans to get married now.

Jong Suk will also be 30 years old in a few years.

Yep, that’s true. I;m 28 now and would be 30 before I know it. Some say that a man’s life really begins at 30, but when I was monitoring myself just now, I feel that I still look like a teenager. How can I look more like a man? I’m always worried about that.

End this interview with one charismatic sentence, something like your resolutions for this year?

(after a long period of thinking) Perhaps it’s a little too easy to say ‘I’ll work hard like a cow? Then I’ll just go with a practical resolution: I promise to fill up my quota of three projects this year!

Trans By:  hitoritabi

lee_jong_suk_fans_philippinesJade Lover Update
posted January 23, 2016 | ljslittlenoonalove 
LJSFansPhilippines "CARAT Lover 2" <<JADE LOVER>> kicked-off yesterday and had an opening ceremony earlier today. Both the lead stars were not present during the ceremony but the producers informed the reporters that the two will start shooting next week.

¹Actress Zheng Shuang will start shooting on January 27 in Shanghai. Super big actor Lee Jong-suk, aside from the ten million paycheck, will also stay in a five-star hotel, with an entourage of 10 staff, three cars ready for his crew, an RV, a senior manager, a limousine, available at any time.

Source: weibo + ¹ 圈教主

On 18/01/2016 at 0:36 AM, Rania Zeid said:

yes true i think he s convinced somehow of that drama to take it.. and also maybe cz  pd Jinhyuk will be directing the drama and he tusts him a lot..

so hope it ll be a good drama 

@Rania Zeid :D I trust you're right about it. :sweatingbullets: By the way, do you know if they've released any info about the writer? They seemed so secretive about certain things... I'm worried that fans will not be allowed to take photos during filming. Since they'll be shooting the entire series in the studio, can they actually restrict fans from coming in? I'm sorry about the qns. I've a lot more in my head, actually... but I shall stop here. 

9 hours ago, irenetan said:

@Rania Zeid :D I trust you're right about it. :sweatingbullets: By the way, do you know if they've released any info about the writer? They seemed so secretive about certain things... I'm worried that fans will not be allowed to take photos during filming. Since they'll be shooting the entire series in the studio, can they actually restrict fans from coming in? I'm sorry about the qns. I've a lot more in my head, actually... but I shall stop here. 

as i remember a friend of mine told me something about the writer but i forgot hahahah sorry i ll ask again

well as i know there is nothing secretive in china if not fans then staffs will reveal pic hahaha

Embedded image permalink

2016.01.23 DC sent their congratulatory flowers for Jade Lover Pre-Shooting

2016.01.23 The pre-shooting ceremony of <Jade Lover> was held today. DC from Korea contacted JSHINE some time ago to check if we could help order the congratulatory flower basket. After communicating with the film crew, the flower basket had been sent on site successfully before the ceremony started. 
We heard very much heart-warming words from them: This time as Jong Suk comes to China for filming, it is like having your child study overseas. When he is in a foreign country, you will miss him at any moment. Hence they requested JSHINE to convey their passion by sending the flower basket on site. This has made everyone in JSHINE, many of Chinese fans as well as the crew in < Jade Lover> feel how much the Korean fans are into Jong Suk! 
Thanks to DC, thanks to everyone who loves Jong Suk. We are families regardless. 
Translation on the flower card:
Beloved actor Lee Jong Suk, please enjoy your greatest happiness during acting! Speaking in different languages but the feelings are the same. 

Cr:  @JSHINE_FC_LJS

tumblr_o1g9foRLcA1tvo83oo1_540.jpg

- CHARACTERS’S BACKGROUND

1. Main Actor - Lee Jong Suk (as Bai Luo Han): The 23-year-old second son of Bai family. He’s just come back from overseas country and shows off a warm appearance but tough inside.

2. Main Actress - Zheng Shuang (as Luo Chen Xi): Luo family’s heir, she became a servant because of her family’s falling into poverty, then she struggled and became a goddess.

3. Secondary Actress - Song Yan Fei (as Lin Yun Ran): Lin family’s young lady who loves Bai Luo Han.

4. Secondary Actor (1) - Gao Ren (as Bai Mo Xuan): Bai family’s first son, Bai Luo Han’s elder brother. He’s gentle outside but inside he’s eager for success.

5. Secondary Actor (2) - Wang Yi (as Zhao Meng): Bai Luo Han’s efficient assistant.

Cr: @钟硕咖啡馆

Via:  jesari89

Guest Yuan_IX

The High Cut interview posted by Rania was insightful. ...

Let’s stop worrying about your future and talk about your new project ‘Jade Lovers’.  I heard the production cost is 40 billion won, your shoulders must be heavy with the responsibility.

It is heavy… but I have to do my best even if it’s heavy. 40 billion is enough for around eight movies. But there is another reason I chose a Chinese drama, besides the production cost. Recently, Korean dramas have started to complete production before broadcast – the reason is to be able to air it at the same time in China*.  If it’s like that, then I feel that it’s not bad to pick a project that is written by Chinese writers and matches the cultural elements of China.

* I am suspecting that since anything that broadcasts in China has to pass through its censor department so usually China requires the filming to be done before buying the rights.

Concerning this part of the interview, there was an article recently that talks about how South Korea responds to the TV filming with regards to China's entertainment watchdog... http://www.chinaentertainmentnews.com/2016/01/s-korean-tv-industry-responds-to-chinas.html

Good to know that JS will start filming next week. JShine FC is so nice and thoughtful to send flowers, cake & snacks to the casts. Can't wait to see their costumes, no doubt it will be eye catching and wonderful in that era....

Guest Sandy5959

Can't believe another week passed and I haven't seen him on the film set yet :sweatingbullets: Then he must be really busy during the Lunar New Year but I still hope that he will have time to come back to Korea and enjoy the holiday w his family :rolleyes: And as the only Korean actor among the cast, I hope he can be comfortable w other actors and have fun. Until now I still have many worries and questions, just like @irenetan hehehe :sweatingbullets: I guess it's the feeling "when you have your child study overseas" like JShine post above hahahahaha I laughed so hard when I read that and couldn't agree more LOL :lol::lol: 

Reading all articles, I'm touched by all the love from DC, JShine and also the production team who want to provide him with the best things :wub:  It's so good to know that there are many many people who always by his side and support him no matter what he chooses, this will give him strength to face all the challenges B) 

Okay next week! Waiting to see some spoiler and his 1930s image :rolleyes: And btw I just edited this to show my support to our boy as well as JL :D I wish JL will receive many love from all viewers! :heart:

Pdng1vJ.jpg

Guest Yuan_IX

Emerald vs Red Jade

I have no idea of the design of the butterfly with the "emerald vs red jade" design for the Jade Lover posters (are they just for the script booklets?)  For me, the "butterfly" design reminds me of "Butterfly Lovers" movie/drama story I have watched of a Chinese legendary pair of lovers but with a tragic ending. I hope "Jade Lovers" won't have that kind of a tragic ending too since the girl in this story will turn into a goddess so I guess we will find out when finally get to watch it (but I'm a sucker for a happy ending more)….

Just some info from my brief research on Jade related things, to contribute something to this thread….

"Most people think of the jade used in fine jewelry as a green gemstone, but jadeite is white in its pure form and actually appears in a wide range of colors, including lilac/lavender, pink, brown, red, blue, orange, yellow, and black. The most prized jadeite, particularly in China, is known as imperial jade. It is a deep emerald or apple green due to chromium oxide in the mineral, sometimes with tiny black inclusions." [1]

If you examine the 2 posters, it actually has a "reddish colour jade" for the body of the butterfly of the pink poster, whereas the green poster has an emerald jade body butterfly…

Red Jade is a stone of life-force energy, dispelling fear that holds one back, and urges one to action. [2]

Green Jade is a crystal of love. It is supportive of new love, and increases trustworthiness and fidelity. It also inspires love later in life. [2]

"Jade Butterfly - symbol of love, transformation

butterfly

The Butterfly is a symbol of change or transformation, joy and love. Carved in jade, this symbol will promote spiritual awareness, and love. Add a chain and wear it as a pendant, or place it on your altar, or bedside for spiritual guidance.

Butterfly is a powerful symbol in myth and religion. For Early Christians, it represented the soul itself. In China it symbolized conjugal bliss and joy. American Indians call upon the butterfly for guidance in change, color, and happiness.

Symbol of successful love

A butterfly carved from jade holds a special romantic significance. Ancient Chinese legend tells of a youth who wandered into the garden of a wealthy mandarin in pursuit of a multi-colored butterfly. Instead of being punished for trespassing, his visit led to marriage with the mandarin's daughter.

Today, a jade butterfly symbolizes successful love.

Butterfly Dance

The "dance of the butterfly" can teach you not to take things so seriously. The butterfly has taste sensors on the front legs, enabling them to experience life through motion (dancing, walking).

Butterfly brings color and lightness to your life. Color is an important part of our daily life and can affect how we respond to various situations. (you can read more about color here.)

The Butterfly protects in the sense that she lets change be joyful and not traumatic." [3]

Source (1) (2) (3)

Spoiler

@Sandy5959 - We have so much patience for him :lol: what is more with a few more days, 18th (missed), 22nd (missed), 27th (wishing) so let's hope this week is final date…he needs to start soon since he said he wants to be "a COW" this year :lol: and we love to see him in 3 different projects. Good thing he chose a Chaebol role since he doesn’t need to exercise, eat nice food, perfect to have some meat on him since he is rich ….

Archived