[Upcoming Mainland Chinese Drama] Jade Lovers 翡翠恋人

Rania Zeid

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Yuan_IX
On ‎30‎/‎12‎/‎2015 at 6:31 PM, Rania Zeid said:

According to this news article, the producer of Jade Lover said they have finished writing the script and are now in the process of polishing it.

The story will take place in the prosperous Shanghai in the 1930s, and it will be different from a normal Cinderella story, both of the main roles will be well-born, with a complicated love-hate relationship. The story won’t have popular elements like counterattack, revenge, it will concentrate on the classic heirloom “jade”, and a love story about the two who are destined to be enemies.

“The script is the base of a drama, it can never be written crudely.” The producer said he paid a lot of attention to details from preparation stage and he did his best hoping that he can give the audience a good drama, without any regret in his conscience. 

Trans By:  amyhsk

Thanks for this article. It’s revealing a little more on the plot.

This drama seems more original in term of "love-hate relationship" as it's not based on revenge or counter attack plots but on the Classic Heirloom "Jade".

Some info on Chinese Jade Culture

From <http://chineseculture.about.com/cs/history/a/JadeCulture.htm>

"The Chinese love jade because of not only its beauty, but also more importantly its culture, meaning and humanity, as Confucius (551 BC - 479 BC) said there are 11 De (virtue) in jade. The following is the translation (don't know the translator):

'The wise have likened jade to virtue. For them, its polish and brilliancy represent the whole of purity; its perfect compactness and extreme hardness represent the sureness of intelligence; its angles, which do not cut, although they seem sharp, represent justice; the pure and prolonged sound, which it gives forth when one strikes it, represents music. Its color represents loyalty; its interior flaws, always showing themselves through the transparency, call to mind sincerity; its iridescent brightness represents heaven; its admirable substance, born of mountain and of water, represents the earth.

Used alone without ornamentation it represents chastity. The price that the entire world attaches to it represents the truth. To support these comparisons, the Book of Verse says: "When I think of a wise man, his merits appear to be like jade."'

Thus jade is really special in Chinese culture, also as the Chinese saying goes "Gold has a value; jade is invaluable."

"

$_32.JPG?set_id=880000500F

credit owner of pic

18 hours ago, Sandy5959 said:

Cuz my holiday is about to end and I'll be busy next month so I hoped sth will happen now that I can freely spazz hehehe But seems there's nothing new at least when I post this :sweatingbullets: Ok fine, I won't ask for more cuz I know my 2016 will be very eventful :w00t: And of course like you said, Mr.Bean has to be here 24 hours LOL :lol:

@Sandy5959 Hopefully @aydenJ & you can find time to visit the thread (when JS's pictures starts pouring in) amidst your busy schedule. It's sad to hear that the both of you will be busy next month when we've all been waiting for his comeback project for like a decade. :( Awww... I really miss this Mr Bean guy... he's been on hiatus for the longest time ever... it's about time he should get back to work!! :lol:

Guest Sandy5959
11 hours ago, irenetan said:

@Sandy5959 Hopefully @aydenJ & you can find time to visit the thread (when JS's pictures starts pouring in) amidst your busy schedule. It's sad to hear that the both of you will be busy next month when we've all been waiting for his comeback project for like a decade. :( Awww... I really miss this Mr Bean guy... he's been on hiatus for the longest time ever... it's about time he should get back to work!! :lol:

Don't worry sweetie, no matter how busy next month is, I will come here whenever I have time to spazz with you guys :P cuz u know "love will find a way" hahhaha :lol: And just in a couple of days, he will be backkk! We've been waiting desperately for a whole year so let happily and patiently wait for a few more days 

Spoiler

Although I say that but this is what I feel inside LOL

eefacf210729138cd4c1dc1f819b0953.jpg

Guest Yuan_IX

I now have a little taste of what's like to be a fan of JS, the feeling of needing to be patience but secretly dying of curiosity deep inside wanting to know more. Fortunately for me, I probably won't need to experience this feeling for years like his long-time fans now that JS has left WellMade. I think we will have better days with his current PR, like how they stopped unfounded rumours and possibly more organise too with updating his public schedules. We will see JS soon since it's already January and won't be long before he will be heading off to China to start filming and possibly more news be released on the confirmation of other cast members before that. We have a lot to look forward to.

Actually like some, my luxury freedom to post is coming to an end soon too. I came across this quote today while in a gift store and I just couldn't agree more "After the weekend, the next five days are the worst" lol… How I wish I could be like JS and have a year all to myself to reflect and enjoy the little things but for JS please don't take another year off anytime soon. Fans will just go mad lol … I wonder how we will survive when the day comes for his military service…but that is for another day to worry. Right now, we should celebrate his comeback in "Jade Lover" and be intrigue with how he will project his new image…

How about this image of him, it does give a little 1930's vibe maybe coz it's in b/w?

enhanced-5699-1404365119-24.jpg

cr: owner

Lee Jong Seok and Zheng Shuang Confirmed for 1930’s Era C-drama Emerald Jade Lover

Posted on January 1, 2016 by ockoala

alas.jpg

It’s a done deal, now fans of Lee Jong Seok can only sit back and wait to see the end product. Lead casting for Chinese-Korean co-production C-drama Emerald Jade Lover is complete, with Lee Jong Seok as the male lead and the female lead now confirmed to be Zheng Shuang. Filming begins in January in Shanghai and Hengdian, the massive film studio capital of China. To do this drama, Zheng Shuang reportedly postponed her sabbatical to study overseas, which isn’t a surprise since she’s only 24 years old and her breakout drama with Let’s Go Watch the Meteor Shower came out when she was all of 18 years old. Zheng Shuang wouldn’t be my pick for Lee Jong Seok’s leading lady but it could have been worse, and there is something new to look forward to as she’s totally different in visuals and acting styles than all his previous leading ladies. With low expectations, this has a good chance of being a pleasant surprise of a watch.

alasd.jpg

alas1.jpg

Lee Jong Seok’s character is described as a mysterious returning from overseas business executive, who straddles both legit business enterprises and the underground mafia world. Zheng Shuang’s female lead is a romantically clueless rich girl who has her world turned upside going, going from princess to pauper, and in the process undergoing a radical growth and maturity into a strong capable woman. Their romance will be of the meet cute bickering type. I’m also intrigued at seeing capable Korean PD Jin Hyuk helming his first C-drama, and bringing his visual aesthetic to the process.

http://koalasplayground.com/2016/01/01/lee-jong-seok-and-zheng-shuang-confirmed-for-1930s-era-c-drama-emerald-jade-lover/

On 1/1/2016 at 6:16 PM, ljslittlenoonalove said:

Happy New Year everyone! Looking forward to a brighter year for Lee Jong Suk. May his year be as prosperous as what jade symbolizes.

Thank you! I shared I new one in this thread. I hope you like it too :)

@ljslittlenoonalove :wub: Thank you for keeping us occupied with your fan edits while we wait "patiently" for his new drama... really appreciate it a lot. :blush: A Happy New Year to you too!! 

22 hours ago, Sandy5959 said:

Don't worry sweetie, no matter how busy next month is, I will come here whenever I have time to spazz with you guys :P cuz u know "love will find a way" hahhaha :lol: And just in a couple of days, he will be backkk! We've been waiting desperately for a whole year so let happily and patiently wait for a few more days 

Hide contents

Although I say that but this is what I feel inside LOL

@Sandy5959 I don't know what I should say hahahahaha... A GIF speaks a thousand words:

raw 

=> this is me ever since the announcement of JS's new project lol... :D

Guest Sandy5959
10 hours ago, Yuan_IX said:

I now have a little taste of what's like to be a fan of JS, the feeling of needing to be patience but secretly dying of curiosity deep inside wanting to know more. Fortunately for me, I probably won't need to experience this feeling for years like his long-time fans now that JS has left WellMade. I think we will have better days with his current PR, like how they stopped unfounded rumours and possibly more organise too with updating his public schedules. We will see JS soon since it's already January and won't be long before he will be heading off to China to start filming and possibly more news be released on the confirmation of other cast members before that. We have a lot to look forward to.

Actually like some, my luxury freedom to post is coming to an end soon too. I came across this quote today while in a gift store and I just couldn't agree more "After the weekend, the next five days are the worst" lol… How I wish I could be like JS and have a year all to myself to reflect and enjoy the little things but for JS please don't take another year off anytime soon. Fans will just go mad lol … I wonder how we will survive when the day comes for his military service…but that is for another day to worry. Right now, we should celebrate his comeback in "Jade Lover" and be intrigue with how he will project his new image…

How about this image of him, it does give a little 1930's vibe maybe coz it's in b/w?

Yeah I'm so satisfied with his current status, no more WM he's an independent man now :D And I hope JS's new agency will do exactly like this and always respect his voice. 

Since now they confirmed the leading actress and January 18 is coming so I hope they will release sth new and some info about other character. I'm just really curious :P 

Guest Sandy5959
On 1/2/2016 at 9:24 AM, irenetan said:

@ljslittlenoonalove :wub: Thank you for keeping us occupied with your fan edits while we wait "patiently" for his new drama... really appreciate it a lot. :blush: A Happy New Year to you too!! 

@Sandy5959 I don't know what I should say hahahahaha... A GIF speaks a thousand words:

MOD EDIT: Please do not quote images, gifs, and videos

=> this is me ever since the announcement of JS's new project lol... :D

Hahaha continue dancing like that will hurt your hip @irenetan:D save your energy cuz this year u will have to dance one or two times more LOL

I personally recommend this dance, it's good for our health hahahaha :lol::lol:

anigif_enhanced-15495-1410468517-2.gif

hi ..so it confirmed..Zheng Shuang will be his leading lady..hmmmm..looking those fanarts about sukii and her..i think and i believe they will be looking so good together on screen:wub:i had never dreamed they will meet in one drama..lol

back then i was so in love with her drama lets go Watch meteor shower together part 1 and 2 , her pairing with zhang han is one of the best..they even dated in real life...she was still so young back then  , so eventhough she was cute and adorable but her acting is good not great..i liked her so much in meteor shower , after that i followed some of her dramas, i must say she is a talented actress, i think she has improved in actings now..i just want to be positive thinking now..lol,and it help me to enjoy this drama much more later..

i'm so looking forward for this drama, i cant wait to see our sukii again:wub:

20 hours ago, Sandy5959 said:

Hahaha continue dancing like that will hurt your hip @irenetan:D save your energy cuz this year u will have to dance one or two times more LOL

I personally recommend this dance, it's good for our health hahahaha :lol::lol:

OMG @Sandy5959 :o... You should advise this to JS instead. He's using his hip a little too much lol... 

Spoiler

ljs-dancing_zpst6mfatuq.gif
tumblr_msjcjpDLP21stmypwo2_500.giftumblr_nvs9sfTBK11sl7awmo3_400.giftumblr_n4unyjce4u1r8sro0o1_500.gif

Since we're on this topic, I hope that we'll be able to see some dance moves from JS from the 1930s era. :D *Pray hard that my wish will come true* I'm willing to sacrifice the "really intimate scenes" for these: 

1a2b39d094cd1e15837d405a1fa4b366.gif

On 1/2/2016 at 2:03 PM, irenetan said:

OMG @Sandy5959 :o... You should advise this to JS instead. He's using his hip a little too much lol... 

Reveal hidden contents

ljs-dancing_zpst6mfatuq.gif
tumblr_msjcjpDLP21stmypwo2_500.giftumblr_nvs9sfTBK11sl7awmo3_400.giftumblr_n4unyjce4u1r8sro0o1_500.gif

Since we're on this topic, I hope that we'll be able to see some dance moves from JS from the 1930s era. :D *Pray hard that my dream will come true* I'm willing to sacrifice the "really intimate scenes" for these: 

MOD EDIT: Please do not quote images, gifs, and videos

Oh yeah....the tango!!! It would make him look more sexy...

5 hours ago, ljslittlenoonalove said:

Since I posted about the mafia thingy, I looked into the 1930's mafia fashion...

Suit+hat+scarf+leather hand gloves Oh, Oh....I forgot the umbrella! Seems like I need to do another edit :blink:

very niceee editt :grin:

12 hours ago, ljslittlenoonalove said:

Since I posted about the mafia thingy, I looked into the 1930's mafia fashion...

Suit+hat+scarf+leather hand gloves Oh, Oh....I forgot the umbrella! Seems like I need to do another edit :blink:

He look so perfect in your edit. :w00t::wub:

Archived