[Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] Here to Heart 温暖的弦

sugarplum892

1 hour ago, themarchioness said:

SEE WHAT I MEAN?!

Okay, after I had that reaction I decided, I had to live recap my reactions to episode 13.  I needed an outlet for my vents.  :tongue:  I hope it entertains you all, at least . . . Hee!

Reveal hidden contents

- UGH.  Zhu Lin Lu!  Offering to settle the rumors about Wen Nuan at Qian Yu?  Wot da wot?!  This is what I have been saying about you.  Your need to fix everything is a really annoying tendency.  Stop meddling where it's not your business!  Nan Xian's response was on point.

- Awww, look at that!  The pride on Nan Xian's face as he listens to Manager Gao praise Wen Nuan's work.... it's adorable. 

- I really love Nan Xian's friendships with Managers Gao and Guan.  Their bromance reminds me of that between Xiao Nai and his college roommates in Love O2O.

- Way to go, Du Xin Tong, you lost your man's job as well as your own.  Well done!  *claps*  Are you now going to blame that on Wen Nuan as well??  (I'm sure the answer to that is: yes.)

- Omg, Zhu Lin Lu, you just can't help yourself can you!?!  You actually went ahead and hired someone to investigate the situation?  *facepalm*

- Oh, Du Xin Tong and Yi Xin, now see, this is the result you get when you have two evil people working together.  It's a partnership doomed to fail as you can't rely on the other and will race each other to be the first to throw the other under the bus.  I can't wait to see the both of you go up in a ball of fiery flames. 

- Lol, I can't wait to see Xiao Dai's reaction when she learns that Wen Nuan's "friend" doesn't just sound like CEO Zhao; he is CEO Zhao.  Hahaha.

- Oh no, here we go.  We knew a parent would have to make an appearance at some point, and of course.  His mom wants to see him with Yi Xin.  Sigh.  Mother, if only you knew how poisonous and devious that woman is.  Don't just look at the book covers!  Read the pages in between.  She's not good news.

- Mysterious powers of persuasion.  Why am I suddenly smelling muffins as well?!

- OMG, let her go to work hungry!  It's her own fault for not waking up earlier.  GIVE HIM THE MUFFINS.

- HE LACKS MUFFINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

- Ooooh, letting Nan Xian tell you what he lacks?  I have a feeling he is going to use this to his advantage in a major way -- and I can't wait!  :D 

Yessss!  Thank you!!!  This was the only song I couldn't find yesterday when I was putting together a playlist of the OST on YouTube.  Hopefully it will pop up on YouTube at some point, and I can add it then, but in the meantime I'm using Karen Mok's version of the song.  I look forward to watching the MV you shared in full after I've watched the next ep.  Episode 14, here I come!  :D:D:D

P.S. @celebrianna, I'm glad I could make your day. 

Reveal hidden contents

I had to do my due diligence before starting the drama.  There was no way I'd be able to start it and watch them suffer, only to end up with an unhappy ending.  I've done that before.   It was called "Stairway to Heaven," and there's no way I'm doing that sad ending drama business anymore!  I only did it then because my mom made me.  :tongue:  I've decided to translate the epilogue for my own purposes because it's just too cute.  I'm happy to share it with you, if you would like.  Just  . . . don't expect it any time soon.  It's not fast work for me.  (Dialogue's mostly okay but the narrative parts around it are taking me some time.)

Those points on episode 13 are spot on. I felt exactly the same way. I didn’t see the boyfriend in the room during the announcement of the findings of the investigation. After he made that awful scene at the office shouting loudly at Wen Nuan I really wanted to see his face when he was fired. He has terrible taste in women. I hope they both go away after this resolution.

Zhu Lin Lu is the person who told Wen Nuan that she should marry him and spare herself the trouble of working or if she wants to work she should come to his company. I know he means well but I do get impatient with him. Her sister encourages him a lot and she said he’s the person Wen Nuan trusts the most so I guess he will always be there to protect and defend her.

I love the bromance too. It seems like manager Gao is the romantic confidante. He’s always there for Nan Xian romantic revelations. Manager Guan is a sweetie. LOL I laugh at him and Xiao Dai’s obsession with food.

I know Nan Xian is a smart guy. He didn’t look surprised at all at the pictures exposing the person behind Du Xin Tong.

The introduction of mom for me meant more trouble to come. She clearly wants Nan Xian to marry Yi Xin. I always remember Manager Gao telling Nan Xian that celebrity life doesn’t suit him. I hopes Nan Xian recognizes that himself.

13 minutes ago, UnniSarah said:

Hello everyone 

I am late for the party but I wanted to be sure I wouldn't drop this drama once I started watching it. I do that alot

@angelangie @thunderman1 @Latte_Anyday

@jadore1  @themarchioness  @cheeriekwan  @celebrianna    It is good to see you guyssss. This drama has me hooked, I binged watched it episode 12. 

I am loving this drama and the synopsis to this drama seems to be wrong. I don't think Nan Xian is out to get Wen Nuan. The OTP in this drama are so good together, their chemistry is off the chart. 

Moments like these are why they belong together

Reveal hidden contents

IXs0AnAhqCotnTcWH17CcYJdz1mU-oVQ8FlC2cbV

MpG3AmnzltG9hEuyAzI9xpiFyHKKK_g5X0ajFl4m

5yCHW1BgGgL3dyoAswIC-wsAGA8uz287phiHRlrF

I binged watched the first ten episodes this past weekend too. I enjoyed it so much.

I also don’t think Nan Xian is out to get revenge or something like that. If he is, he would probably end up hurting himself as well. 

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Finished watching for the evening.

Episode 14:

Spoiler

Bwahahahaha.  I give full marks to Manager Gao for his excellent plan in sending Wen Nuan over to Nan Xian's place.  The look on Wen Nuan's face as she realized the pass code to his house really was 1399, but even more priceless was what she found inside.  LOLOLOL.  I seriously loved everything about the house visit -- from the shameless way he strutted around without his shirt, knowing how it was affecting her, to the way he made himself seem so pitiable that she stayed to do his chores.  But my favorite part was when he made her turn around so he could leap around this house to hide the "evidence."  LOL.  Those poor turtles relegated to the balcony....

Also, thank goodness Nan Xian is not dumb and saw right through Du Xing Tong to Yi Xin!!!

As for Episodes 15 & 16, I didn't have a chance to watch them tonight -- ran out of time! -- but I couldn't resist taking a peek at them before I went to bed.  I look forward to watching them in full, because:

Spoiler

Episode 15 - Zomg.  I laughed out lout, literally, at the way he sprinted up his office stairs after he handed her the present.  And then his reaction towards Xiao Dai and Guan Ti after he discovered them eating the buns he'd bought for Wen Nuan.  LOL.

Episode 16 - Dude.  The karaoke scene.  INTENSE.

It's scenes like the one in Episode 16 (can't wait to watch it again tomorrow!) that remind me, one of the reasons I really love this drama is the way it engages all my emotions.  I admit it.  I love feeling their angst and pain.  You can't help but get swept away in their feelings, and there's something so beautiful in that.

@UnniSarah: So nice to see you here!  As for your observations regarding Wen Rou, to avoid saying too much, I'll simply refer back to episode 1 when we saw how she clearly had something she wanted to hide from Wen Nuan and downplayed her sister's concerns.  The fact that there are things Wen Rou isn't willing to talk about means she can't have that heart-to-heart conversation . . . .

14 hours ago, themarchioness said:

Yeah, at the time I wrote my earlier comment I hadn't yet watched Ep 12 or 13.  I'm not sure those eps were even available at that time!  I still think things could be a lot more simplified if Wen Rou and ZLL paired up, but even when I wished it I knew that wouldn't happen.  I haven't yet watched episode 13, but we were introduced to who I think you're talking about at the end of episode 12 and I also got the vibes that they would eventually be paired (unless there's someone else she meets in episode 13 that you're referring to).  I'm not sure how I feel about that so I'll reserve all comments on that at this time!

Episodes 15 and 16 hadn't even been posted when I went to bed last night.  So no, I haven't yet watched them.  :tongue:  But I saw they were available this morning and that episodes 13 and 14 are nearly subbed in full.  I'll definitely watch 13 and 14 tonight, but 15 and 16 will depend on how long my work day goes (if I was a betting person though, I'd say I won't have time for them - boo).

And ha, her style's not just Chanel-like, it is Chanel.  Unless she has quality fakes, one of Wen Nuan's earrings are Chanels.  :tongue: 

Right?? Who doesn't like classic chanel. :wink: Burberry is used a lot in this drama as well. Go figure as some of the shots were taken in England.  I was told that Zhang Han was using some of his material goods for this production. 

48 minutes ago, UnniSarah said:

Hello everyone 

I am late for the party but I wanted to be sure I wouldn't drop this drama once I started watching it. I do that alot

@angelangie @thunderman1 @Latte_Anyday

@jadore1  @themarchioness  @cheeriekwan  @celebrianna    It is good to see you guyssss. This drama has me hooked, I binged watched it episode 12. 

I am loving this drama and the synopsis to this drama seems to be wrong. I don't think Nan Xian is out to get Wen Nuan. The OTP in this drama are so good together, their chemistry is off the chart. 

Moments like these are why they belong together

Reveal hidden contents

IXs0AnAhqCotnTcWH17CcYJdz1mU-oVQ8FlC2cbV

MpG3AmnzltG9hEuyAzI9xpiFyHKKK_g5X0ajFl4m

5yCHW1BgGgL3dyoAswIC-wsAGA8uz287phiHRlrF

Some idiot transcribed it wrong but in a way he is out to get here but in a less sinister way compared to Sealed with a Kiss.  

He is using the high school friend who thinks that he has his eyes for her but his eyes are all on WN. 

29 minutes ago, UnniSarah said:

dgjZ5USOCQ3DhSuHywj7cAlyofmamvSwqeABYEkr 

I love Nan Xian , he is one of the cdrama male leads that I really wish was mine. Although he is arrogant but he knows Wen Nuan better than her sister and  Zhu Lin Lu.  She has been seperated from them for 7 years. 

I have mixed feelings toward Wen Rou. She refuses to accept that her sister doesn't want to be with Zhu Lin Lu. I can see she loves her sister but she isn't trying hard enough to close the gap between them. Some thing happened seven years ago and i believe they sneed to talk about so Wen Nuan can heal. Refusing to talk about isn't helping. WR tries to hard to protect her out of fear instead of supporting her and giving her the should to cry on. WR hasn't realized that she keeps putting her sister in difficult positions where she can't breath because the sister wants what she wants. I was so pissed off at the sister working for WN's company competitor. As always WR does what she wants. I also suspect that WN will be moving back to london in the near future. I just think WR doesn't have the courage to have a heart to heart talk with her sister. If she did the sister wouldn't leave again. I also think Zhu Lin Lu will probably do something stupid again and WR won't side with her sister but with him. smh smh s

Spoiler

You are correct on this matter. The novel does ruin it if you do not want to see the spoilers. She runs away again because she fears of being hurt again. WN is growing up though. In her company affairs she stopped running away and listened to herself for once. Before she thought it was her being selfish but after hearing NX's words of comfort, he triggered her to go beyond her shell. The little turtle is in ref of WN if you haven't gotten this already. I think the metaphors used in this drama is quite obvious but at the same time, it flows well!

25 minutes ago, UnniSarah said:

dgjZ5USOCQ3DhSuHywj7cAlyofmamvSwqeABYEkr 

I love Nan Xian , he is one of the cdrama male leads that I really wish was mine. Although he is arrogant but he knows Wen Nuan better than her sister and  Zhu Lin Lu.  She has been seperated from them for 7 years. 

I have mixed feelings toward Wen Rou. She refuses to accept that her sister doesn't want to be with Zhu Lin Lu. I can see she loves her sister but she isn't trying hard enough to close the gap between them. Some thing happened seven years ago and i believe they sneed to talk about so Wen Nuan can heal. Refusing to talk about isn't helping. WR tries to hard to protect her out of fear instead of supporting her and giving her the should to cry on. WR hasn't realized that she keeps putting her sister in difficult positions where she can't breath because the sister wants what she wants. I was so pissed off at the sister working for WN's company competitor. As always WR does what she wants. I also suspect that WN will be moving back to london in the near future. I just think WR doesn't have the courage to have a heart to heart talk with her sister. If she did the sister wouldn't leave again. I also think Zhu Lin Lu will probably do something stupid again and WR won't side with her sister but with him. smh smh s

From the trailer I know there is more to the trauma of the past but the hints given so far in the drama show that the sister is also involved. I like her but at times I don’t like her. There might be a reason other than the past rejection why she’s always rude to Nan Xian but I find her insufferable when she tries to interfere with Wen Nuan’s decisions. It’s no wonder that Wen Nuan doesn’t confide in her but choose instead to call the doctor in England to talk about her problems.

3 minutes ago, themarchioness said:

Finished watching for the evening.

Episode 14:

Hide contents

Bwahahahaha.  I give full marks to Manager Gao for his excellent plan in sending Wen Nuan over to Nan Xian's place.  The look on Wen Nuan's face as she realized the pass code to his house really was 1399, but even more priceless was what she found inside.  LOLOLOL.  I seriously loved everything about the house visit -- from the shameless way he strutted around without his shirt, knowing how it was affecting her, to the way he made himself seem so pitiable that she stayed to do his chores.  But my favorite part was when he made her turn around so he could leap around this house to hide the "evidence."  LOL.  Those poor turtles relegated to the balcony....

Also, thank goodness Nan Xian is not dumb and saw right through Du Xing Tong to Yi Xin!!!

As for Episodes 15 & 16, I didn't have a chance to watch them tonight -- ran out of time! -- but I couldn't resist taking a peek at them before I went to bed.  I look forward to watching them in full, because:

Hide contents

Episode 15 - Zomg.  I laughed out lout, literally, at the way he sprinted up his office stairs after he handed her the present.  And then his reaction towards Xiao Dai and Guan Ti after he discovered them eating the buns he'd bought for Wen Nuan.  LOL.

Episode 16 - Dude.  The karaoke scene.  INTENSE.

It's scenes like the one in Episode 16 (can't wait to watch it again tomorrow!) that remind me, one of the reasons I really love this drama is the way it engages all my emotions.  I admit it.  I love feeling their angst and pain.  You can't help but get swept away in their feelings, and there's something so beautiful in that.

@UnniSarah: So nice to see you here!  As for your observations regarding Wen Rou, to avoid saying too much, I'll simply refer back to episode 1 when we saw how she clearly had something she wanted to hide from Wen Nuan and downplayed her sister's concerns.  The fact that there are things Wen Rou isn't willing to talk about means she can't have that heart-to-heart conversation . . . .

Nan Xian was indeed shameless. LOL The apartment scenes were really nice indeed. And she finally made him a meal like she promised 7 years before. The breakup anniversary doesn’t count since she prepared it for her sister.

I was laughing my face off when I saw the buns getting passed around until they end up in his office and in his mouth. LOL The foodie couple really lend the right amusement to this show. They’re just so sweet and warm.

I’m eagerly awaiting the subs for episode 16 in particular. I’m anxious to know what was said after the song. Also, I was cringing so much when I saw that guy kept touching Wen Nuan. Ewww!

4 minutes ago, celebrianna said:

I’m eagerly awaiting the subs for episode 16 in particular. I’m anxious to know what was said after the song. Also, I was cringing so much when I saw that guy kept touching Wen Nuan. Ewww!

Spoiler

I didn't watch the whole of it, as I was just fast forwarding through the ep, but it was something along the lines of . . . he asked her if she knew how many times he'd heard this song in the past 7 years, and how he'd felt every time.  He then said she couldn't possibly know the effect that song had on him. 

2 minutes ago, themarchioness said:

Hide contents

I didn't watch the whole of it, as I was just fast forwarding through the ep, but it was something along the lines of . . . he asked her if she knew how many times he'd heard this song in the past 7 years, and how he'd felt every time.  He then said she couldn't possibly know the effect that song had on him. 

You’re awesome! Now I can finally go sleep. I was kind of waiting to see if that part gets translated tonight. 

Episode 16 seem to kick it up a notch because the tabloid news were the focus of a lot of attention by the characters. I guess the Yi Xin and Nan Xian relationship will increase in focus.

57 minutes ago, celebrianna said:

From the trailer I know there is more to the trauma of the past but the hints given so far in the drama show that the sister is also involved. I like her but at times I don’t like her. There might be a reason other than the past rejection why she’s always rude to Nan Xian but I find her insufferable when she tries to interfere with Wen Nuan’s decisions. It’s no wonder that Wen Nuan doesn’t confide in her but choose instead to call the doctor in England to talk about her problems.

Nan Xian was indeed shameless. LOL The apartment scenes were really nice indeed. And she finally made him a meal like she promised 7 years before. The breakup anniversary doesn’t count since she prepared it for her sister.

I was laughing my face off when I saw the buns getting passed around until they end up in his office and in his mouth. LOL The foodie couple really lend the right amusement to this show. They’re just so sweet and warm.

This was the gift of appreciation he asked of from her.. and she finally caved in. I thought this was a sweet episode. I'm just so surprised that Viki caught up to the pacing of the Viet subs. :wink: 

Er-- how is it possible that the drama characters always know where everyone is?! Like when Wen Nuan's sis was drunk, how'd she know which bar to find her?:huh: Or when Lin Lu got into an accident Wen Nuan know instantly where to find him.... Do they have built-in GPS tracking device in their bodies LoL?!:lol:

Nan Xian's hair is always slicked back 24/7 even when he sleeps!:tongue: I like his 2 wingmen especially the one with glasses (I think it's Manager Gao?) he's hot too eheheheh. In flashback, the one who plays the young Wen Nuan look a bit like K-Actress, Kim So-Eun. The office politics are a bore for me I'm only watching for more of our OTP moments. I like how the other 2 managers look out for Wen Nuan:D as well, her co-worker is nosily cute too. The part where the manager snapped her heels made her pumps more uncomfortable to walk in LoL:tongue::lol:

You know that giddy feeling when you can't wait for the next episode of the drama....welllll thats me LOLLLLL finally , again  :star:.    After few  dramas i tried watching this year,  i finally have this drama that has my :heart:heart beating for the energy of Love of these two .  I am looking forward to the rest of the story, BUT episode 16 will stay with me forever with the combination of them singing Without You  and also flashback to dancing from the previous ep.  Not sure if subbers read these posts,  but somehow i wish to convey to them that my gratitude for their generosity is priceless.  

@jadore1, that’s me right now too. I think the next two will be posted around 3pm my time. I can’t wait. 

Part of episode 16 is subbed and

I do think Nan Xian should treat Wen Nuan more carefully because I just feel like she’ll run away. I’m talking about their personal life and not professional life. Now she’s thinking that his most important person is Yi Xin...what if she really gives up?

I m up to episode 16 now.

Spoiler

The piggie bun part is really funny loll. Too bad their happiness couldnt last any longer. @jadore1 i have the giddy feeling too esp at the singing session. Its all over my head now :wub::tongue:

Glad that NX address his relationship with Yixin.  I have been curious why he is not treating her like his girlfriend.

My only complaint is on the product placement. The blue thing is really too obvious right. :wacko:

@cheeriekwan, can you understand Chinese because I’m still waiting for the translation for the conversations about Nan Xian and Yi Xin. I can only guess what happens after he leaves to go to her house.

About product placement, I think the one in Taiwanese drama Meet Me at 10:06pm is worse. They are always going to Subway and they make it too obvious while not actually eating the food. 

You know the song sounds beautiful but wait for the translation to help decipher the feelings it evokes...

Thank you subbers 

Here to Heart

Without You

Hey, I really miss you

It has started to rain again

The eyes are dry but I feel like crying

I don’t know where you are exactly

Hey, I really miss you

There are too many emotions that doesn’t gave an expression to it

The words that I wanted to say the most, where do I start from?

Are you missing me like how I’m missing you?

If not for you, the past wouldn’t happen and I wouldn’t be sad

But if there’s a “if”, I would still choose to love you

Without you, there would be no regrets with regards to where I am

Eventually everything can’t be reversed, I eventually lost myself

Hey, I really miss you

I don’t know where exactly you are now

Are you missing me like I am missing you?

Archived