[Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] Here to Heart 温暖的弦

sugarplum892

• sugarplum892 changed the title to [Current Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] Here to Heart 温暖的弦
  • Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just started watching. I found episode 1 a little confusing, trying to keep track of all the characters and figuring out the lay of the land, but it was enough to keep me going. Now I’m three episodes in and along for the ride. 

Watching the other characters swirl around the OTP makes me antsy at times, like I’m always on edge waiting for the other foot to drop, but I admit it’s also what keeps me captivated. Haha. Can’t wait to be done with my afternoon’s appointment so I can go home and watch more! :lol:

Oh why , oh why did i not study Chinese when i was a child LOL...not offered where i lived but ...but ...who can wait for the subs all the time . I am loving this drama very much and looking forward to the story to unfold with why did she break up with him ..i am getting the vibe/ or was that during the trailer / preview  that the sister was responsible so no wonder she is "so concerned" now  . 

8 hours ago, jadore1 said:

Oh why , oh why did i not study Chinese when i was a child LOL...not offered where i lived but ...but ...who can wait for the subs all the time . I am loving this drama very much and looking forward to the story to unfold with why did she break up with him ..i am getting the vibe/ or was that during the trailer / preview  that the sister was responsible so no wonder she is "so concerned" now  . 

Hmm I read some of the spoilers but if you want to know, you can PM me. :wink: Plus the trailer pretty much explains most of it. I love the ost, it suits the drama well. 

One already knows who she ends up with based on this trailer. This is like Silent Separation pretty much.  Happy, then melo, happy again, then more melo.  Life in dramaland is like a game of chess... you get played for by so many people. I keep wondering if Zhang Han is just playing around with her yet he clearly still has feelings for her. The childhood friend is like a chess piece being used but she is also using him as well. I think she needs to get a grip of reality that he clearly has no interest in her.

And Janine Chang cries so well!  She also is very pretty when she cries. 

I also second that Zhang Han has way too much makeup in this drama...  

On 4/29/2018 at 6:28 PM, angelangie said:

i dont follow all of Zhang Han project....just some....cause i find his reaction almost always the same lols

I agree with you on that.. his facial reactions haven't changed at all since Boss and Me.

Imo Zhang Han has improved in this drama though he takes on similar roles. Just small expression and minor gestures needed and yet so convincing.

I m so glad that there is no dubbing here. 

Well, that took me no time at all to catch up on all the eps . . . . the only reason I haven't also watched episode 12 is so I'll have something to watch later today.  :D  I think it's safe to say I'm totally digging the drama. 

10 hours ago, thunderman1 said:

I keep wondering if Zhang Han is just playing around with her yet he clearly still has feelings for her. The childhood friend is like a chess piece being used but she is also using him as well. I think she needs to get a grip of reality that he clearly has no interest in her.

And Janine Chang cries so well!  She also is very pretty when she cries.

She really is!  And I love all her outfits too.  Wishing I had an ounce of her style sense.... :wink:

As for Zhang Han . . . I will put the rest of my comments about him under a spoiler tag as it involves episode-specific content, and I don't want to spoil others who may not have reached those episodes yet.

Spoiler

I don't think Nan Xian is messing with Wen Nuan.  I think it's easy to suspect that given that she's finally back in his life, after having broken up with him without any explanation, and he's clearly not over that hurt.  The easiest thing for him to do now that he's in a position of power is to torture her through her position as his personal assistant.  But if we look beyond the obvious, what we see is that Nan Xian still loves her and has never stopped loving her.  Which is why I think what he's really doing is building her up, and that's something quite appreciate about his character. 

As an example, when he instructs her to attend the charity event, it'd be easy enough to assume that he was just making her be present to play around with her.  Especially when he ended up attending with the actress.  But it's not as if he arranged to attend with the actress.  In fact, it as the actress who contacted him first and he allowed her to pick him up.  Once at the event, the words he spoke to Wen Nuan then, I can't remember what it was exactly he said, but I remember thinking to myself that although she might feel this way, from a viewer's perspective, it felt like he wanted her there for training purposes.  Like he simply wanted her to get used to being in this environment.  Certainly, because she was his personal assistant and thus would be routinely exposed to such events, but more than that: because she was his intended future.  I don't know if I am explaining that well, but it was just the feeling I got from that scene.

Another example is the whole email incident with Yi Zhong.  I never feared that Nan Xian thought she was guilty, even when he was yelling at her immediately after the discovery.  Instead, I pretty much figured (and as was later confirmed by Manager Guan) he was lashing out at her because he was frustrated by the fact that he'd warned her, but in her naivete she'd refused to listen to him and thus got played.  I actually love that he never stooped in to try and make things better for her.  Instead, he set the ball rolling on the investigation to let the truth find its own way to the light, but in the meantime also made Wen Nuan resolve the contract problem on her own.  Sure, he gave the boost in making sure Manager Pan showed up to listen to her pitch, and he also gave her the subtle hint in the direction to take, but apart from those two things, it was all Wen Nuan's own work. 

Similarly, this whole Du Xin Tong miscarriage thing... I again appreciate that Nan Xian isn't racing in to take charge and "fix" things.  Instead, he's being logical and cool-headed about everything (apart from racing over to take her to the hospital :tongue: ) and I think he's taking this approach because he knows if he tries to do anything more, it'll just fuel the gossip and the rumors and blow back on Wen Nuan.  Instead, he's quietly supporting her from behind.  I kind of love that, in contrast to Zhu Lin Lu, who just wants to rush in and save Wen Nuan at every turn.  It's actually annoying and rather frustrating to watch.  I prefer Nan Xian's style as it shows he understands who Wen Nuan really is and what she's capable of. 

Of course, his methodology does also have Wen Nuan sometimes thinking Nan Xian doesn't care about her, but the long term gains are greater.  I think the email incident best exemplifies that so far.  Look at how happy she looked during that dinner with the Xiao Dai and Manager Guan!  :)

Speaking of the miscarriage incident though, I have to just briefly mention: why do I feel so anxious about this incident?!  I didn't feel the least bit nervous about the email thing and trusted that would be sorted out in due time.  Logically, in my head, I know the miscarriage thing will be as well -- the truth can never stay hidden -- but in my heart, I don't know.  It hurts to see all the other coworkers looking at her sideways.  Hm.  It just occurred to me that maybe because with the email incident, Wen Nuan never felt guilty.  if anything, she felt outraged.  But this time, because it's a miscarriage, she feels guilty.  It actually annoys me that she apologized for standing near the stairs with Du Xin Tong.  I know the rumor mill has it that Du Xin Tong fell down the stairs, but come on!  They were clearly in the middle of a hallway/lobby area with no stairs in sight.  Apologize, if you really must, for the fact that Du Xin Tong fell, but don't say anything about the stairs!!!  It actually makes me think if it'd originally been planned for that and then the script never got updated. :tongue: 

Right now, I kind of wish Zhu Lin Lu and the sister would just get together and stop hanging around the OTP.  I mean, they clearly get along!  As for Yi Xin... I have no words for her.  She should just go stew in her own vat of jealousy.  :tongue:

6 hours ago, themarchioness said:

@themarchioness  and @thunderman1   thank god i have company for this beautiful drama....and I too prefer Nan Xian's style :blush:  I loved that dance with his arms around her stomach and both of them in their own world ...just beautiful.  That touching kiss of her forehead on the ferris wheel had me smiling with joy for both of them .:heart: 

Thanks to this drama , i got to hear a great poem 

In secret we met—
In silence I grieve,
That thy heart could forget,
Thy spirit deceive.
If I should meet thee
After long years,
How should I greet thee?
With silence and tears.” 
― George Gordon Byron, Poetical Works

3 hours ago, jadore1 said:

I loved that dance with his arms around her stomach and both of them in their own world ...just beautiful. 

That was sooooo swoony, sooooo dreamy.  Also, Wen Nuan's dress, which was stunning and gorgeous all rolled into one, really added to the "dreamy" aspect of that scene.  The way the colors flowed down the skirt of the dress, it had the effect of her floating on clouds.  It was simply beautiful.  Nan Xian really knows how to pick a dress.  :wink: 

I forgot to mention earlier but some of my favorite moments of Nan Xian are when he's doing things like hopping over his couch, playing video games with his friends, or curled up on his work sofa with his shoes off.  There's just something sweet and endearing about seeing him in his relaxed state when normally he projects an image of stuffiness.  It comes with the position, I know, having to always be in charge and looking like it.  But that's what makes it so nice when we see him being able to relax with his inner circle.  It serves to remind that you know, he really is a young guy too. 

1 hour ago, cheeriekwan said:

Can i add on... I love every scene of Nan Xian talking to the little tortoise aka Wen Luan. Those words are from bottom of his heart.  :wub:

Yes!  I completely agree.  The turtle . . . :heart:  She's always been by his side, even these past 7 years.

Episode 12 comments:

Spoiler

Ahhh, I said I was feeling antsy about the whole miscarriage thing but now after watching Episode 12, my heart is at peace.  Like Nan Xian, I believe that truth always prevails, and now I can once more be patient as I wait for that to happen. 

Once again, I must comment on how much I love that Nan Xian just spent the evening keeping her company by the skyline.  Zhu Lin Lu would've talked to her head off, dragged her away, tried to solve her problems for her, or something similar, but what Wen Nuan really needed was space to clear her head.  I love that Nan Xian got that.  Just as he knew exactly where to find her.

Things I found amusing:

- Her phone was dead when Xiao Nan found her, but she was magically able to call Zhu Lin Lu once she arrived home to tell her she was okay.  (And poor Xiao Dai.  Nobody thought to call to tell her Wen Nuan was okay!   Tsk, I put that blame squarely on you, Nan Xian.)

Things I find frustrating:

- Are there really no CCTV cameras in the company hallways that would clearly show Du Xin Tong yanking on Wen Nuan and causing herself to fall?  Siiiiigh.

2 hours ago, themarchioness said:

Yes!  I completely agree.  The turtle . . . :heart:  She's always been by his side, even these past 7 years.

Episode 12 comments:

Hide contents

Ahhh, I said I was feeling antsy about the whole miscarriage thing but now after watching Episode 12, my heart is at peace.  Like Nan Xian, I believe that truth always prevails, and now I can once more be patient as I wait for that to happen. 

Once again, I must comment on how much I love that Nan Xian just spent the evening keeping her company by the skyline.  Zhu Lin Lu would've talked to her head off, dragged her away, tried to solve her problems for her, or something similar, but what Wen Nuan really needed was space to clear her head.  I love that Nan Xian got that.  Just as he knew exactly where to find her.

Things I found amusing:

- Her phone was dead when Xiao Nan found her, but she was magically able to call Zhu Lin Lu once she arrived home to tell her she was okay.  (And poor Xiao Dai.  Nobody thought to call to tell her Wen Nuan was okay!   Tsk, I put that blame squarely on you, Nan Xian.)

- Are there really no CCTV cameras in the company hallways that would clearly show Du Xin Tong yanking on Wen Nuan and causing herself to fall?  Siiiiigh.

Spoiler

They were using Wen Rou's mobile to call Lin Lu. Thats why Lu thought it was Wen Rou instead of Wen Luan when picking up the call. 

13 hours ago, themarchioness said:

Well, that took me no time at all to catch up on all the eps . . . . the only reason I haven't also watched episode 12 is so I'll have something to watch later today.  :D  I think it's safe to say I'm totally digging the drama. 

She really is!  And I love all her outfits too.  Wishing I had an ounce of her style sense.... :wink:

As for Zhang Han . . . I will put the rest of my comments about him under a spoiler tag as it involves episode-specific content, and I don't want to spoil others who may not have reached those episodes yet.

Reveal hidden contents

I don't think Nan Xian is messing with Wen Nuan.  I think it's easy to suspect that given that she's finally back in his life, after having broken up with him without any explanation, and he's clearly not over that hurt.  The easiest thing for him to do now that he's in a position of power is to torture her through her position as his personal assistant.  But if we look beyond the obvious, what we see is that Nan Xian still loves her and has never stopped loving her.  Which is why I think what he's really doing is building her up, and that's something quite appreciate about his character. 

As an example, when he instructs her to attend the charity event, it'd be easy enough to assume that he was just making her be present to play around with her.  Especially when he ended up attending with the actress.  But it's not as if he arranged to attend with the actress.  In fact, it as the actress who contacted him first and he allowed her to pick him up.  Once at the event, the words he spoke to Wen Nuan then, I can't remember what it was exactly he said, but I remember thinking to myself that although she might feel this way, from a viewer's perspective, it felt like he wanted her there for training purposes.  Like he simply wanted her to get used to being in this environment.  Certainly, because she was his personal assistant and thus would be routinely exposed to such events, but more than that: because she was his intended future.  I don't know if I am explaining that well, but it was just the feeling I got from that scene.

Another example is the whole email incident with Yi Zhong.  I never feared that Nan Xian thought she was guilty, even when he was yelling at her immediately after the discovery.  Instead, I pretty much figured (and as was later confirmed by Manager Guan) he was lashing out at her because he was frustrated by the fact that he'd warned her, but in her naivete she'd refused to listen to him and thus got played.  I actually love that he never stooped in to try and make things better for her.  Instead, he set the ball rolling on the investigation to let the truth find its own way to the light, but in the meantime also made Wen Nuan resolve the contract problem on her own.  Sure, he gave the boost in making sure Manager Pan showed up to listen to her pitch, and he also gave her the subtle hint in the direction to take, but apart from those two things, it was all Wen Nuan's own work. 

Similarly, this whole Du Xin Tong miscarriage thing... I again appreciate that Nan Xian isn't racing in to take charge and "fix" things.  Instead, he's being logical and cool-headed about everything (apart from racing over to take her to the hospital :tongue: ) and I think he's taking this approach because he knows if he tries to do anything more, it'll just fuel the gossip and the rumors and blow back on Wen Nuan.  Instead, he's quietly supporting her from behind.  I kind of love that, in contrast to Zhu Lin Lu, who just wants to rush in and save Wen Nuan at every turn.  It's actually annoying and rather frustrating to watch.  I prefer Nan Xian's style as it shows he understands who Wen Nuan really is and what she's capable of. 

Of course, his methodology does also have Wen Nuan sometimes thinking Nan Xian doesn't care about her, but the long term gains are greater.  I think the email incident best exemplifies that so far.  Look at how happy she looked during that dinner with the Xiao Dai and Manager Guan!  :)

Speaking of the miscarriage incident though, I have to just briefly mention: why do I feel so anxious about this incident?!  I didn't feel the least bit nervous about the email thing and trusted that would be sorted out in due time.  Logically, in my head, I know the miscarriage thing will be as well -- the truth can never stay hidden -- but in my heart, I don't know.  It hurts to see all the other coworkers looking at her sideways.  Hm.  It just occurred to me that maybe because with the email incident, Wen Nuan never felt guilty.  if anything, she felt outraged.  But this time, because it's a miscarriage, she feels guilty.  It actually annoys me that she apologized for standing near the stairs with Du Xin Tong.  I know the rumor mill has it that Du Xin Tong fell down the stairs, but come on!  They were clearly in the middle of a hallway/lobby area with no stairs in sight.  Apologize, if you really must, for the fact that Du Xin Tong fell, but don't say anything about the stairs!!!  It actually makes me think if it'd originally been planned for that and then the script never got updated. :tongue: 

Right now, I kind of wish Zhu Lin Lu and the sister would just get together and stop hanging around the OTP.  I mean, they clearly get along!  As for Yi Xin... I have no words for her.  She should just go stew in her own vat of jealousy.  :tongue:

Unfortunately there is another man set for the sister? Are you all caught up to ep 13? he is introduced then. :)

I love Janine Chang's stylist in this drama. Outfits are too on point and very chanel-like.

3 hours ago, themarchioness said:

That was sooooo swoony, sooooo dreamy.  Also, Wen Nuan's dress, which was stunning and gorgeous all rolled into one, really added to the "dreamy" aspect of that scene.  The way the colors flowed down the skirt of the dress, it had the effect of her floating on clouds.  It was simply beautiful.  Nan Xian really knows how to pick a dress.  :wink: 

I forgot to mention earlier but some of my favorite moments of Nan Xian are when he's doing things like hopping over his couch, playing video games with his friends, or curled up on his work sofa with his shoes off.  There's just something sweet and endearing about seeing him in his relaxed state when normally he projects an image of stuffiness.  It comes with the position, I know, having to always be in charge and looking like it.  But that's what makes it so nice when we see him being able to relax with his inner circle.  It serves to remind that you know, he really is a young guy too. 

You haven't seen him in ep 15-16 yet.

Here is a glimpse of him doing a mini-dance from 0.33-0.38sec. 

8 hours ago, cheeriekwan said:
  Reveal hidden contents

They were using Wen Rou's mobile to call Lin Lu. Thats why Lu thought it was Wen Rou instead of Wen Luan when picking up the call. 

Ah, i totally missed that.  Well now I'm a lot less amused.  :tongue: 

This is a high quality, well shot, well lit modern C-drama I've seen in a while. Just coming off of 'Only Side By Side With You' where the female lead style is horrendous and the chemistry isn't quite there, I must say I enjoy this drama thanks the chemistry of the OTP.  Can't say much about the story..  Until she gets her full memory back, I don't think she can be with him.  It seems like whatever happened in the past shocked her and she blocked out those memories... 

6 hours ago, thunderman1 said:

Unfortunately there is another man set for the sister? Are you all caught up to ep 13? he is introduced then. :)

I love Janine Chang's stylist in this drama. Outfits are too on point and very chanel-like.

You haven't seen him in ep 15-16 yet.

Yeah, at the time I wrote my earlier comment I hadn't yet watched Ep 12 or 13.  I'm not sure those eps were even available at that time!  I still think things could be a lot more simplified if Wen Rou and ZLL paired up, but even when I wished it I knew that wouldn't happen.  I haven't yet watched episode 13, but we were introduced to who I think you're talking about at the end of episode 12 and I also got the vibes that they would eventually be paired (unless there's someone else she meets in episode 13 that you're referring to).  I'm not sure how I feel about that so I'll reserve all comments on that at this time!

Episodes 15 and 16 hadn't even been posted when I went to bed last night.  So no, I haven't yet watched them.  :tongue:  But I saw they were available this morning and that episodes 13 and 14 are nearly subbed in full.  I'll definitely watch 13 and 14 tonight, but 15 and 16 will depend on how long my work day goes (if I was a betting person though, I'd say I won't have time for them - boo).

And ha, her style's not just Chanel-like, it is Chanel.  Unless she has quality fakes, one of Wen Nuan's earrings are Chanels.  :tongue: 

12 hours ago, themarchioness said:

Episode 12 comments:

Hide contents

Things I found amusing:

Haha. Actually, Wen Nuan used her sister’s phone to call Lin Lu to let him know she’s home. Remember when he answered his phone he said, “Wen Rou”.

I wondered about CCTV camera too but then it’s not a Kdrama. 

Archived