Quantcast
RPM

[ Mainland Chinese Drama 2019 ] The Legend of White Snake 新白娘子传奇 (Alan yu and Ju Jing Yi )

Looking forward to this! :blush:

I need a happy ending to nurse my heartbreak from the adaption starring Yangzi.

Anyone knows when this will air?

• Like 3

3 hours ago, jwinata said:

Looking forward to this! :blush:

I need a happy ending to nurse my heartbreak from the adaption starring Yangzi.

Anyone knows when this will air?

not sure yet.....but it will be in 2019 mostly

• Like 4

The one that's going to air is that other white snake, not JJY's version. So, if JJ's version airs this year, then we'll have 2 white snakes in a year :sweat_smile:

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

11 hours ago, rhaps said:

The one that's going to air is that other white snake, not JJY's version. So, if JJ's version airs this year, then we'll have 2 white snakes in a year :sweat_smile:

this year was not suppose to be a snake year :D 

• LOL 5

I lost my hopes. Is it likely they'll air 2 snake dramas in the same year? :confounded:

4 hours ago, Sobayaki said:

I lost my hopes. Is it likely they'll air 2 snake dramas in the same year? :confounded:

i think they will....cause it was slotted for this year last i read.....just no definite airing date

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, rosierosie said:

I was hoping I come back to see the drama!! No air date yet??? :(

Apparently, no *LOL*

But I saw a clip about dramas that are going to air in 2019, and this drama was one of them, just like @angelangie said

We just have to wait :P

• Like 3

I like the cast, the CGI effects, the sceneries, and the costumes in The Legend of White Snake.

Please do not divert too much from the original plot with the integration of cartoonish elements evident in Yang Zi's version.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, ebullient said:

I like the cast, the CGI effects, the sceneries, and the costumes in The Legend of White Snake.

Please do not divert too much from the original plot with the integration of cartoonish elements evident in Yang Zi's version.

lols i think they did release another series in cartoon too this year :D

• Like 2

19 hours ago, angelangie said:

I saw the trailer for the animated film, it looks very well done and tasteful! I'm hoping it will come to select theaters in the U.S. since it is produced by Warner Bros.

As far as this 2019 drama goes, does anyone think the male lead will gain powers? Or perhaps show scenes of their past lives together? So far I've only watched the 1993 version when I was little and was not aware they had a past life story which I noticed seem to be what the previous snake drama with Yang Zi was about.

• Like 2

^The cartoon trailer looks good!!! I love to see it when it comes out. 

I cannot remember, but is there a green snake in the drama too, or maybe I am thinking of a different snake drama???

• Like 1

17 hours ago, rosierosie said:

I cannot remember, but is there a green snake in the drama too, or maybe I am thinking of a different snake drama???

Yes there was a green snake. I think that character is pretty much a given bound to accompany white snake.

• Like 2

On 1/24/2019 at 1:01 AM, ebullient said:

Please do not divert too much from the original plot with the integration of cartoonish elements evident in Yang Zi's version.

Yes, the JJY/YML version, having seen just the trailer, is looking good. From what I've read, this 1992 remake will largely stick to the plot of the original 1992 version but with some novel interpretation somewhere, and lesser songs, lesser episode count. Doesn't seem to have cartoonish effects though, lol. One is more than enough, I guess. Luckily, that Yang Zi version was 'bearable to pretty fun' because of the OTP :wub:.

On 1/24/2019 at 6:32 AM, angelangie said:

Indeed, there is an animation movie. But, surprisingly, it's pretty good, if you love animation movies (like I do). :blink:

47530ae7ly1fz4w6r9hngj20z21lvwkv.jpg006-Zu-U83ly1fz86fmc26tj30g40qltba.jpg

Spoiler

6b39d90bly1fz86yso2jyj20u019pthq.jpg

47530ae7ly1fz4w6olupfj20u01hc7om.jpg

CR: Images to original sources.

On 1/25/2019 at 8:29 AM, rosierosie said:

The animation movie is pretty good. There is a green snake in the drama. How could they leave it out? It's one of the main characters in the plot.

Actress Xiao Yan is the green snake spirit for the remake.   

å°é

Apparently (hearsay but not official) coming in April, 2019. Can't wait!

On 1/25/2019 at 2:06 AM, Sobayaki said:

As far as this 2019 drama goes, does anyone think the male lead will gain powers? Or perhaps show scenes of their past lives together?

Powers for XX? Haven't read anything to that effect. As for their past lives, there's some chatter and that may be shown. We'll have to just wait and see. :) 

• Like 2

April 2019??!!!! Still so far away, but if this might be the air date, then I am hopeful!!! This is the only drama that I have been hoping to see!!!

• Like 2

I'm okay with April. It is not too long. And I hope the ML wont have any super power, because it is more similar to the original folklore. Well..it's okay to have a little, but dont exaggerate it :P

• Like 2

4 hours ago, rosierosie said:

April 2019??!!!! Still so far away, but if this might be the air date, then I am hopeful!!! This is the only drama that I have been hoping to see!!!

at least we got a date :) 

3 hours ago, rhaps said:

I'm okay with April. It is not too long. And I hope the ML wont have any super power, because it is more similar to the original folklore. Well..it's okay to have a little, but dont exaggerate it :P

at least most get a rest first..... :) 

7 hours ago, jadecloud said:

Indeed, there is an animation movie. But, surprisingly, it's pretty good, if you love animation movies (like I do). :blink:

lols yea i always love animation....i never outgrown that :D i havent watch this yet.....however i will pick them up later :) 

• Like 3

well they released some stills for Allen in view of Lunar Year celebrations lols :D i havent found any on JingYi yet.... :P 

9FTOdMQJaPzToZwkJHT5UEyK3Lk1XhRzBc7LZvvu0htYUy5lU_Zs5c23wZ7cRH6s3G5FgmC88RU1YDv5

• Like 2