[ Mainland Chinese Drama 2019 ] The Legend of White Snake 新白娘子传奇 (Alan yu and Ju Jing Yi )

RPM

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Saw the first episode, and so far I like it^^....Aww the way XX looked at BZS is so adorable!! They already have chemistry. Just saw up to ep 5, and it is great!! Our OTP matched their role and played it well^^. I really like the humor, flirting, and teasing between the characters. Aww Chang Shang is such a cute little actor! So sad he died. :(.

Alan Yu as the cute, innocent and handsome Xu Xian/Han Wei/Doctor Xu is perfect, his expressions say everything about his character. He becomes the character so well. And of course, JJY is perfect as BZS :).

I’m kinda glad Fa Hai is portrayed as being kinder in this version. He seems to have a soft spot for Xiao Qing. Hopefully his character remains consistent throughout the drama, but then wonder who would chase/catch Bai Suzhen then if he remains “nice”. 

8 hours ago, Lily_Belle said:

Just curious - does anyone know how the reception have been in asia so far? Does it get high ratings? Do people seem to like it?

This is a webdrama so there is no data about the rating. But the communication index is quite high. On April 8, JJY was No. 1 and AY was No. 3 on the media index of TV drama actors, the TLOWS drama ranked No. 1 on iQIYI's top 10 hot TV drama.

However, this drama's douban score is quite low, only 4.2. Because most of the audience criticized the color of drama is white, pale, is not clear. Some criticisms of male and female do not have chemistry, the character XX is not masculine, ..

Regarding the drama color issue, today official weibo drama announced that they has received the viewers' opinions and will edit the colors, not used filter too much. AY's Weibo also updates this issue.

Regarding not having chemistry between the 2 main actors, I totally disagree. Because the character XX is a meek scholars so so the concept and himself AY is very suitable for this role, but XX of this version also changes compared to the original is not useless, not easily bullied. JJY's BSZ does not too comeliness like the original but has a more youthful mischief to suit the tastes of drama now. Then the love story of both is also very cute, the way they meet their soulmate,  i think they act quite good.

Overall I feel a bit sorry for the douban score 4.2 because I think the drama is also quality, should have a higher score. Hope it will increase gradually later.

56713000_1110184429166090_27263000567212

The filter doesn't bother me. I think so far, the storyline is great!! AY's portrayed as XX supposed to be meek, not masculine. His character to me is shy, innocent, cute and respectful. AY portrays his character very well :)!! They do have chemistry, I like how their interactions and meeting creates their love storyline. They both have similar taste and values, how he was able to answer her poem at the Lantern festival, and how they meet there :). They are meant for each other. I also like how funny the green snake is, and her friendship with BSZ!!

40 minutes ago, rosierosie said:

The filter doesn't bother me. I think so far, the storyline is great!! AY's portrayed as XX supposed to be meek, not masculine. His character to me is shy, innocent, cute and respectful. AY portrays his character very well :)!! They do have chemistry, I like how their interactions and meeting creates their love storyline. They both have similar taste and values, how he was able to answer her poem at the Lantern festival, and how they meet there :). They are meant for each other. I also like how funny the green snake is, and her friendship with BSZ!!

I agree with you. I also don't mind about the filter. I don't really understand why they can't see chemistry between the two main actors. I also saw both of them act quite well.

Tonight will be the date of marriage between XX and BSZ. The drama's official weibo also changes ava and theme to congratulate this. Looking forward to 2 eps tonight.

56890331_1111908705660329_39508129066013

005E0V7Rly1g1xkisolfoj30u01hcan8.jpg

Oh wow, I assume this isn't the first time that they've worked together then.

I personally am not following TOO closely, I'm only on episode 15 right now out of 18. I feel like it's getting too into the romance and not into killing witches... Don't get me wrong, I love the interactions between Han-wen (HW) and Bai, but there comes a time when I need some salt (give me action please!) and not sugar... Not sure if anyone feels the same way.

And I'm actually quite sad that Fa Hai's master is dead, even though I think majority of us saw that coming...

^I'm on episode 8 :), I was grinning ear to ear when XX finally confessed his love to BSZ. The umbrella gesture was sweet and romantic, with the poem inscribed on it. I love our OTP's sweet moments for now and as long as it continues, because the sad moments will come

:(....I also like sweet and action scenes typed too, so I think more actions will come towards the mid-end. I really like our OTP's chemistry, and how their characters are so kind and respectful to each other!! Haha when XX was staying over at the Bai's residence and he was so nervous being so close to her!! So funny!! Green snake is hilarious, she has all the best funny lines. Looking forward to her love storyline too. Is Xuan Yuan Sword Han Cloud worth watching? 

10 hours ago, rosierosie said:

Is Xuan Yuan Sword Han Cloud worth watching? 

Well it's good watch for me because of Alan yu.

But in reality -

1. NO Subs

2. Alan yu second lead (But limited screen time- due to accident while shooting)

Ju Jing Yi  (Cameo appearence) 

But there short love story was good.

Spoiler

Here cut scenes of alan yu and Ju Jing Yi ( Xuan yuan sword Han cloud ) available on this channel.

轩辕剑之汉之云:

Due to ju jing yi in cameo role Alan yu character also pair up with Main female lead Guan xiaotong.

Archived