[ Mainland Chinese Drama 2019 ] The Legend of White Snake 新白娘子传奇 (Alan yu and Ju Jing Yi )

RPM

@cantbreathe Fai Hai is a cutie, he is handsome!! True, the OTP's storyline got so bland after they got together. They're like a boring couple after they got together lol. I agree that it is the scriptwriter's fault. If they stick close to the original, the remake might have been better. So far, nothing interesting is happening, besides XQ's storyline. I just hope the ending won't be too disappointing. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OMG I finally finished it!!! They have a happy ending :)!! I feel this version was good too. It was slow in the middle, but the ending picks it up. Family, kindness, friendships, and romance....all in one...I actually enjoyed it towards the ending :). I also feel sad that Ruyi died lol.....She was horrible, but in the end, she redeemed herself. Fai Hai also redeemed himself. I like the characters development from beginning to end, it was nice.

• 2 weeks later...

I just finished it too! This adaptation was pretty good albeit the draggy parts in the middle. I enjoyed the elements they added for green snake and Fa Hai. Fa Hai is so kind and understanding compared to the original. I also liked that each character's arcs were nicely tied up. The final battle scene with the original music gave me chills!

Spoiler

Does anyone know how they defeated the final demon? Or why Xu Xian did not age in the end? Also it's so meaningful that Shilin is played by Wesley Wong, who is Angie Chiu's (the actress who played Bai Suzhen in the 1992 drama) son. That was a nice touch.

My only gripe with this adaptation is the lead actors. This is only my opinion and I believe other people won't agree but I feel the lead actors' acting and chemistry is lacking. It could be the characters are sort of boring and mellow but their acting doesn't make me believe that they are a couple who love each other very much. I don't sense any longing for each other between them.

• 1 month later...

anyone know where i can find the soundtrack for this series? no problem locating the three songs sang by ju jingyi, but i would like fahai's theme song and various other tracks used in the series. if anyone know, please do share! thank you!

• 6 months later...

Archived