[ Mainland Chinese Drama 2019 ] The Legend of White Snake 新白娘子传奇 (Alan yu and Ju Jing Yi )

RPM

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, rosierosie said:

did the episodes air??

2 episodes have been aired (not yet subbed, but seeing it on viki, someone should sub it soon).

watched the first episode and looks quite promising. Ju Jinyi is so pretty. The snake animation looks a bit weird for my taste (but better than the one in destiny of white snake, that tiny snake just looks weird!) but everything else is quite good. 

I watched the first 8 episodes...it is good so far...and Ju Jingyi is so pretty as Bai Suzhen

I’m also interested in Xiao Qing’s storyline here. The actress (I also like her in Zhao Yao) portrays her in such a lively way. She has good chemistry with Fahai, it is too bad they won’t end up together.

I saw snippets, it looks good! I'm trying hard to not let the CGI get to me. But I've got to say, I really enjoy the remixed OP and ED songs. It's handled really well using the classic theme songs but done with modern taste so it doesn't sound too old school. So perfect! I'm gonna wait for more episodes to air before I binge.

006ishAZly1g1qfwqajusj33341qib2d.jpg

006VxdWHgy1g1qx4bwxi5j32io1oie83.jpg

006VxdWHgy1g1ppxnlh2cj31oi2iou0y.jpg

The destiny of White Snake having different story and The legend of white snake is more close to the original story I think.

I like alan yu and Ju Jing Yi  (Xuan yuan sword Han cloud ). And now finally they are together again I just hope happy ending this time (In xuan yuan sword Han cloud ending hurts).

The destiny of White Snake also having 2 version of ending .

Green snake (Xiao Yan ) I like her so much , her character in the legends drama was very good . 

I don't know about Original story, So I want to ask Demon Emperor character  (Zhan  Huang ) in The destiny of White Snake was not in Original story ? because I think in The legend of white snake character list there is no Demon Emperor. 

30 minutes ago, RPM said:

I don't know about Original story, So I want to ask Demon Emperor character  (Zhan  Huang ) in The destiny of White Snake was not in Original story ? because I think in The legend of white snake character list there is no Demon Emperor. 

No, he doesn't exist in the original tale. The drama added a lot of complex elements and new characters so it doesn't really resemble the original tale other than some of the characters having the same names (Mdm White Snake went by a different name - Bai Yao Yao instead of Bai Suzhen). Fa Hai was not good friends with Xu Xian and White Snake. Xu Xian had no alter ego or magic powers. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legend_of_the_White_Snake

Archived