Quantcast
sugarplum892

[Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] I Will Never Let You Go / Legend of Huo Buo 小女花不弃

4 hours ago, taeunfighting said:

@biancardi I normally do not watch C-dramas...mostly K. The last one I watched was Princess Agents. The one before that was Scarlet Heart. All on Viki. This drama was the first time I watch in raw first. Is it pretty normal that raws are released earlier? I did wonder if it was a disadvantage for some folks here who had not seen the raw.

Hide contents

I did not watch Ice Fantasy, but it does sound quite similar. The deaths (plus a surprising survival)...I do not think I can ever make sense of them so I am not even going to try. Selfishly (and I truly hope this is not rubbing salt on your wounds), I am glad that the couple ended where they had originally started...especially if that many had to die. Anyway, I know that we see things differently in that sense so I hope people DM you about the novel ending and that you find some comfort for rest of the characters (especially DFS) that way.

@taeunfighting I do watch raws at times, but when it gets to the end, I try not to as I do not understand Chinese - half the time when I watch raws, I am dying inside as I don't know what is being said and google translate isn't always right (I hold my phone up to my laptop and turn on the voice translate :lol:)    I have always found raws for shows I wanted to watch on youtube and they are uploaded first.  Viki has licensing agreements with the show and cannot release a raw until the show has aired - and then they release the raw while the subber's translate.    

I kinda figured what was going to happen at the end because of the previews, so that is why I gave up on the raws with this show.

Spoiler

I am glad that so many enjoyed the ending, and no, it isn't rubbing salt in my wounds :) I know I am in the minority here with the ending, but its okay - I am just grumping because this is SO normal for CDramas - mostly great pacing through most of the series, some parts that were unnecessary, and then the ending is SO rushed.  People who should have lived, die and those that should DIE, live

I cannot believe that the emperor and LQW live.  Seriously.  ugggh.   

I LOVE CDramas.  I think they do period/fantasy pieces the BEST. I do watch some KDramas for modern pieces and JDramas for anime/quirky dramas.  

But CDramas are the best - despite the kill ratio (haha)    My next one is Goodbye My Princess (which looks so lush and beautiful) and that one I know ends badly, so I am good with it.  I think with this series, since the book ending was different, I was hoping for a better outcome for some of the characters, but the drama writers decided to go on a bloody trope instead. 

• Thanks 2

7 hours ago, omiki said:

Book ending summary :

Reveal hidden contents

DFS kidnapped BQ. CY went to save her. DFS asked CY for a duel - if he can win him within one burning incense, he can rescue BQ who is dangling over a cliff on a rope. When it was time to start, instead of fighting, CY dived over the cliff and caught BQ in an embrace. DFS asked why you did that? If you fought and won me, you would still have plenty of time to save BQ. CY said never mind, just cut the rope. So DFS did, then CY and BQ fell down. After that, it was assumed that both CY and BQ had died, but actually, it was CY’s plan to have DFS ‘kill’ him so that he and BQ can live the rest of their lives in seclusion. So, Lian Yi Ke continued his adventures with BQ by his side. There’s a side story where Yun Lang still visits a pavilion on 3rd day of 3rd month every year, hoping to meet BQ again. BQ was passing the place, and saw a drunk Yun Lang. She left him a note. Yun Lang eventually marries Dan Sha, who has been waiting for him for 5 years.

It’s a simple, happy ending. Don’t understand why they had to complicate the drama by killing people left and right. Too bloody for my liking.

I read the ending of your version too but the version I read in more detail had a different ending!

I don't have time to go into as much detail as I would like to but the version I read had

Spoiler

DFS making BQ go into his palace but releasing her in the end for her to be with CY, but then BQ secretly tries to go rescue MRF (who was arrested) and gets captured by MM and LQW. 

There's some misunderstanding between BQ and CY but CY kills LQW, then they spend some time in the forest with CY being upset at BQ and her trying to get back into his good books (one of my fav chapters!).

Plus there's a happy ending and some chapters about DFS as emperor trying to handle his empress.

So much details I'm missing out and I probably mixed some stuff up in my head but I can share more when I'm free if anyone is interested!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, vtxy said:

I read the ending of your version too but the version I read in more detail had a different ending!

I don't have time to go into as much detail as I would like to but the version I read had

Reveal hidden contents

DFS making BQ go into his palace but releasing her in the end for her to be with CY, but then BQ secretly tries to go rescue MRF (who was arrested) and gets captured by MM and LQW. 

There's some misunderstanding between BQ and CY but CY kills LQW, then they spend some time in the forest with CY being upset at BQ and her trying to get back into his good books (one of my fav chapters!).

Plus there's a happy ending and some chapters about DFS as emperor trying to handle his empress.

So much details I'm missing out and I probably mixed some stuff up in my head but I can share more when I'm free if anyone is interested!

Seriously, why did the writer thinks it was a good idea to change the ending so differently than the book.  IF they film the ending to the book then it keep up on the consistency of the light-hearted comedy until the end.  What a great shame that we're end up with bloody ending.  I really like the 2 main leads chemistry and most of the supporting characters.    

• Like 1

16 hours ago, taeunfighting said:

This drama was the first time I watch in raw first. Is it pretty normal that raws are released earlier? 

If it's a Chinese drama that's also being aired through an online streaming service, it is.  Some dramas air only on television, some only online, and some both.  This drama is one that aired both on television and online.

For those dramas that air online, as far as I am aware, you will always get some raw episodes released earlier.  This is because to make money, the streaming services offer VIP memberships where people can pay to be a member.  Paying members have to have perks in order for anyone to want to pay for membership!  And one of those perks is to get episodes "in advance" of everyone else.  If you don't want to pay, that's cool too, you just have to wait for the episodes to be made available to the free members.  That's how each drama ends up having a VIP schedule and an official schedule.  

Legal subbing websites, like Viki, reach agreements where they get the episodes per the official schedule.  It's only after those episodes are released that their volunteer subbers can go in and add subs.  That's how it seems like raw episodes are released earlier than subbed episodes, but understand that's not really the case.  It's just those who have VIP memberships  stripping the videos they get in advance and making them available online for others.  Technically, they're not supposed to be made available to everyone.  Does that make sense?   (Not sure I’ve explained that well...)

P.S. Thanks to all who shared the novel's ending(s)! :) 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

7 hours ago, vtxy said:

Reveal hidden contents

What?!!?? They should have stuck to the book. Of all the people to stay alive, LQW. That has got to be the most disappointing thing ever. 

I can't tell if BQ & CY are living in seclusion or if being LYK is a hobby, but given the blood bath, there's like literally no reason for them to live in seclusion. 

This is a crappy ending to what started as an engaging drama with lots of promises. I guess you win some and you lose some. 

• Like 2

@biancardi @themarchioness

I realized after reading your responses that I did not form my question right, but you both answered it...so thank you!! :)  I meant to ask about (as I know now) VIP episodes, but I referred to them as raws instead. I have seen raws on Viki, but it was just the subs lagged. With this drama, I was shared a source to the VIP episodes and now I understand why some viewers were further ahead than others. I also now know where the source came from (haha).

@biancardi My mom watches a lot of C-dramas and she told me about Goodbye My Princess. The title pretty says it all that it will be tragic. It does look beautiful, but for me, I do not think I could handle all the side effects that will come along with it. Sounds its expectations will work out for you though (lol). I willingly gave HBQ a try because I loved Ariel from The Legend of the Condor Heroes. No regrets (haha).

• Like 2

good point @smoua

Spoiler

with everyone dead, why hide out in the woods?  Unless they just want to live the simple life... sigh.  

On 3/5/2019 at 3:33 PM, biancardi said:

Hide contents

@omiki and @vtxy

Thank you for hilighliting that the ending of the novel was in this way. I actully wondered why they did not just fake their death and disappeare as the main couple in The Sound Of The Desert did. It was quit disappointing to watch the last 2 episodes not only because so many of the good characters died and many of the evil ones stayed live. It had also to do with the actions of the main leads themselves. While I understand that many people just wanted and rooted for a happy ending and others felt bad for the ones who died. My main problem was that the actions of both leads made me dislike them so much in the last 2 episodes. 

BQ for example, after constantly rejecting DFS, she agrees to marry him just to lead him to his death. To me that was beyond cold. I do understand that she did not love him nor wanted to marry him and agree with her. but he was a guy who saved her life multiple times. Is this his reward for saving her so many times - stabbing him in the back in this manner? What she did just made me dispise her honestly. In my culture, if someone saved ur life you own him a life. Her betrayal in this way just is unethical to me. I don’t understand why the director went that direction. Her character is now in my least favorite leads for ever for that.

As for CY, who suppose to be a people’s hero, he was already made into a bland character by not giving him  heroic qaluties after the first several episodes. But in the last 2 episodes he also showed unethical characters that I would not like to associate with a main lead such as claiming to be working with DFS when he was the emperor man; and also by standing still and doing nothing when BQ was marrying  DFS in order for him to be able to take him down. To just not do anything in this situation made me lose respect for his character too. His girl was marrying another guy and he just did nothing just for a political gain. Unfortunately , the last 2 episodes ruined  the 2 main leads to me morally and ethnicity that I could not care for them or for their happy ending. Maybe I’m reading to much into the situation, but these were thought in my mind that were not settled.

I am happy that the ending of the novel was quite different. If its translated into English, I would appreciate a link to read it. I also hope that both actors get better role next time as I really liked them especially Bin Bin who is one of my favorite Chinese actors.

• Like 1

DID THE DRAMA SERIOUSLY END LIKE THIS????????????? And wtf... like how many people died in like a few seconds... YL DS HER BRO MRF DFS AND THE GIRL I forgot her name tho... and they don’t fking tell us how CY survived... while watching last episode I kept looking at the minutes and I was like what only 30 20 10 minutes left and we’re still at their fight etc... rip. After done watching this episode, I kept wondering if there’s any episodes left????? Lol

4 hours ago, smoua said:

What?!!?? They should have stuck to the book. Of all the people to stay alive, LQW. That has got to be the most disappointing thing ever. 

I can't tell if BQ & CY are living in seclusion or if being LYK is a hobby, but given the blood bath, there's like literally no reason for them to live in seclusion. 

This is a crappy ending to what started as an engaging drama with lots of promises. I guess you win some and you lose some. 

It's disappointing for sure.  Not just viewers, but even the novel's author and some of the actors are bashing the production team for completely altering the ending into a pointless mess - it's very disrespectful.  Not sure what the scriptwriter was aiming for, but it seems to have backfired.

• Like 2

whew

i am glad i am not the only one disappointed by this hot mess.  i wish the script writers would have stayed true to the novel

So, I have been reading some theories and I will wait until I watch epi 51 before weighting in on what I think of the ending

Spoiler

one theory is that Chen Yu did die.  He didn't come back.  BQ has in the past hallucinated that he was there  (it was early on in the series where she fantasized about LRK touching her face)  and that what she sees in the end is just her fantasy.  

With such a high death count, I could actually like this ending A LOT.  BQ was a schemer and a manipulator of her own  - granted, it was for survival, but I felt she went too far with DFS ( @sirena82 rightly pointed out that he saved her life several times and she owned him her life - this is a major Chinese theme that they deviated in here - just her asking Chen Yu to plead on his behalf is not the same) If she led him to his death by ensnaring him with that marriage (which she knew he would agree to) then she deserves a not so happy ending.

So I will be interested in watching the ending and seeing if it is similar to a dream state.  Everyone states it is so brief, but if she has flashbacks and  sees him, it could be that. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, vtxy said:

Reveal hidden contents

@vtxy Thank you! Whenever you have the time, can you please help explain following:

Spoiler

How in the novel did DFS become emperor? Who is his empress? Does she happen to be the general's daughter that his grandfather spoke about in one of episodes?

How did the Biluotian matter get resolved?

Of course, I am going to be greedy and say that I would love to hear more than just the above.  When you have the time :)

What a disappointing wrap up !

80% of main cast dead by the last episode. 

Last scene of CY and BQ together seems unreal to me. Is it a dream? No explanation on how CY managed to escape from his well fall. If he did, how about MM.

Did BQ meet up with her grandfather?

Personally, I hate loose and rushed endings.

Jus like that - MM got his hands on the orb and map so easily.

Jus like that everyone  dies in death scene of YL,DS, Heifeng, DS brother.

I thot Princess Agents ending was bad enough with hyped up story lines that never lived to the end. Disappointed with how his drama ended, i would hv given it a perfect 10. Or a close 9.

Hope the production team come up with a director cut or something that help tie up the loose ends.

• Like 1

Did we find out why Bai Jianfei turn evil? At first I thought its because he likes HBQ and did it to CY put of jealosy. So its just because of power? 

8 hours ago, shihuangdi said:

Did we find out why Bai Jianfei turn evil? At first I thought its because he likes HBQ and did it to CY put of jealosy. So its just because of power? 

My take this on this is I don’t know exactly when he turned evil, but in ep45, Bai Jianfei finally told Yuan Chong  how he felt about Chen Yu and their frienship/brotherhood. When Yuan Chong confronted Bai Jianfei about turning against CY and betraying their friendship, BJF said that he has always doubted YC’s and CY’s sincerity. He felt that they came from upper class family and he was a nobody and so the friendship they had was not genuine, and the fact that they never told him CY was the Lotus Robe Knight. The friendship was not on equal terms. I think it’s a case of inferiority complex that led him down the evil path.

7 hours ago, serendipity1974 said:

My take this on this is I don’t know exactly when he turned evil, but in ep45, Bai Jianfei finally told Yuan Chong  how he felt about Chen Yu and their frienship/brotherhood. When Yuan Chong confronted Bai Jianfei about turning against CY and betraying their friendship, BJF said that he has always doubted YC’s and CY’s sincerity. He felt that they came from upper class family and he was a nobody and so the friendship they had was not genuine, and the fact that they never told him CY was the Lotus Robe Knight. The friendship was not on equal terms. I think it’s a case of inferiority complex that led him down the evil path.

Ah ok. To be fair, I feel like since the beginning the friendship between CY and YC is much closer that BJF. So maybe his feeling of being left out is true. I mean CY told everything to YC but never told BJF. I think CY already knows BJF character and couldn’t trust him completely.

5 hours ago, RotaryAngel said:

Does anyone know if there will be a season 2? 

I don’t think so. I think this is somewhat how it ends in the novel. Also, everyone except the leads died already.