Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sugarplum892

[Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] I Will Never Let You Go / Legend of Huo Buo 小女花不弃

For those that were wondering, here are some newly released GIF's to help answer the questions above:

Spoiler

CY meets with BQ and tells her that Grandfather Zhu is still alive.  The emperor will release him after CY defeats DFS and MM

005to4N2ly1g0qq8yshzgj30ne14q0xv.jpg

005to4N2ly1g0qqa1sbw0g30de07bb2a.gif

005to4N2ly1g0qq8z2r78j30no1560wd.jpg

005to4N2ly1g0qq8zcju5j30n822n7bu.jpg

To be honest, I've become rather annoyed at BQ's character since midway through this drama so I'm only finishing to find out what happens to everyone else-_-

21 hours ago, themarchioness said:

Hide contents

Yeah, our guesses re: Yun Lang and Dan Sha have been based on the scene in the intro credits with the bloody hands.  

And very interesting re: book!  That does make it especially disappointing to know that they changed that aspect for the drama.  I don't mind if a drama departs from its original source if it's a change for the better, but it's hard to see how XX dying would be for the better . . . I wonder what the thought process was behind that decision.  Also, when the drama is over, I hope you (and others who've read the book) wouldn't mind sharing some of the differences between the drama and novel.  I'm most curious!  

Yes happy to share after the drama is over!

Some preview I found

Spoiler

http://t.cn/EISzIh1

This shows BQ agreeing to marry DFS. In it she mentions that her granddad is dead and the most important thing to her now is to rebuild Zhu Manor. Just wondering if this comes before CY reveals the truth to her or if she's just acting. 

(Edit: Just saw another post that mentions she is acting so that CY's plan will work.)

On another note, as much as I'm not a fan of DFS' character and his methods in showing his love for BQ, I do believe he is sincere. Which makes it sad to see him so earnest and happy about the marriage. 

Can't believe everything will come to an end tomorrow!

3 hours ago, vtxy said:

Yes happy to share after the drama is over!

Some preview I found

Reveal hidden contents

http://t.cn/EISzIh1

This shows BQ agreeing to marry DFS. In it she mentions that her granddad is dead and the most important thing to her now is to rebuild Zhu Manor. Just wondering if this comes before CY reveals the truth to her or if she's just acting. 

(Edit: Just saw another post that mentions she is acting so that CY's plan will work.)

On another note, as much as I'm not a fan of DFS' character and his methods in showing his love for BQ, I do believe he is sincere. Which makes it sad to see him so earnest and happy about the marriage. 

Can't believe everything will come to an end tomorrow!

I would love to know about the novel too so I'm looking forward to it...thanks @vtxy!

Spoiler

I'm glad there's a possibility that BQ was playing along for the sake of CY's plan. To be honest, I was quite bothered that she doubted CY so quickly. Also, it would make sense because she had wanted CY to continue his act and play it all out to the end. Not sure though if at one point that things do not appear as part of the act anymore.

I'm with you on DFS. His character makes me feel so conflicted.

Same here. I can't believe everything ends tomorrow. Not sure if I'm happy or sad about it.

12 hours ago, achng said:

For those that were wondering, here are some newly released GIF's to help answer the questions above:

Reveal hidden contents

CY meets with BQ and tells her that Grandfather Zhu is still alive.  The emperor will release him after CY defeats DFS and MM

To be honest, I've become rather annoyed at BQ's character since midway through this drama so I'm only finishing to find out what happens to everyone else-_-

Totally agree! At this point, half of the characters annoy me. I'm just continuing because I've invested too much time.

If BQ knew and was just playing along, then the director and whomever are doing a horrible job of delivering that message. I hate, hate, hate when they do flashbacks - it's so disruptive to the story. Plus, given the type of show, do we really need to make our own assumptions or come up with our own answers to rationalize the story? I would hope not. 

Ugggh, I just read the chinese wiki character outline of this series

Spoiler

it does state that DFS gets accidentally killed by his grandfather :(  That blows 

I feel inexplicably sad about this. Such a great character and he dies by the well?  that's it?  Jeez...  Just when they were making him sympathetic and likable.  I kinda knew he had to die because his love for BQ couldn't exist in the same time-space continuum as Chen Yu's, but I am hurt by this. 

I hope that was a BAD edit on the page as they do not go into the ending for  other characters.  I know when Ming Lan's wiki page was up, there was a lot of bad information on the wiki page until the series was completed. 

16 hours ago, achng said:

Reveal hidden contents

I agree...

I don't know why I got annoyed by her.

As for CY, his noble idiocy and loyalty are something to be expected during this time frame, so there.

Maybe so's BQ's tendency to be a damsel in distress. 

Maybe I expected BQ to eventually learn martial arts or something and not just be street smart.

6 hours ago, biancardi said:

Ugggh, I just read the chinese wiki character outline of this series

Reveal hidden contents

it does state that DFS gets accidentally killed by his grandfather :(  That blows 

I feel inexplicably sad about this. Such a great character and he dies by the well?  that's it?  Jeez...  Just when they were making him sympathetic and likable.  I kinda knew he had to die because his love for BQ couldn't exist in the same time-space continuum as Chen Yu's, but I am hurt by this. 

I hope that was a BAD edit on the page as they do not go into the ending for  other characters.  I know when Ming Lan's wiki page was up, there was a lot of bad information on the wiki page until the series was completed. 

@biancardi :(

Spoiler

If the above about DFS is proven true for the drama (which it appears so based on the previews), I was told he had a much different outcome in the novel. When the drama is finished, I am hoping those who have read it can share with us.

I am going to be so sad when it all ends tomorrow. I can't remember the last time a drama has had me so hooked.

16 minutes ago, taeunfighting said:

@biancardi :(

Reveal hidden contents

If the above about DFS is proven true for the drama (which it appears so based on the previews), I was told he had a much different outcome in the novel. When the drama is finished, I am hoping those who have read it can share with us.

I am going to be so sad when it all ends tomorrow. I can't remember the last time a drama has had me so hooked.

Me too! I have downloaded the drama and am rewatching everything while waiting for the grand finale. I know I am going to miss this drama, the characters and the discussion on this forum terribly:(

New spoilers were released for the ending today!

Spoiler

https://m.weibo.cn/detail/4346515285505875

Looks like our happy ending is going to be a short one :( but I'm glad it's at least a happy ending for our couple! 

I do hope they explain how he lived though. And of course it would be great if the sweet scenes are longer hahaha.

44 minutes ago, vtxy said:

Hide contents

Looks like our happy ending is going to be a short one :( but I'm glad it's at least a happy ending for our couple! 

I do hope they explain how he lived though. And of course it would be great if the sweet scenes are longer hahaha.

Happy ending...thats good. Can't wait...

1 hour ago, vtxy said:

Hide contents

OMG!!! I’m so excited! Big fat smile on my face as I was watching the clip:D

honestly with 

Spoiler

the body count of characters i like (why did xiaoxia have to die again?) i dont  care anymore about the lead couple.  they lived when so many died for them? 

pffft  as someone stated, what is the purpose of that?

also, that crappy emperor LIVED?  now if he had died, that might have made up

for some of the other deaths 

sorry i i am in a mood.  i hope someone will share the book ending here when it is over, as i need a better ending than the weak tea they are offering up here 

Eeeep, nervous but excited.  About to take a lunch break to watch the first of the last two episodes.  I can't believe the end is already here...

1 hour ago, themarchioness said:

Eeeep, nervous but excited.  About to take a lunch break to watch the first of the last two episodes.  I can't believe the end is already here...

I'm nervous, too. Saw some spoiler on instagram already and I don't know what to say, I'm speechless. Lol.

I will wait for your recaps, too. :D

Episode 50 - The Quick & Dirty Recap

Honestly, not too much of substance happens in this episode.  Although, having said that, stuff does happen in this episode.   I think the reason it feels like not much happened even though stuff did happen is because the drama is clearly rushing to get everything in before the end, so as you'll see, we barely touch the surface of the stuff that does happen in this episode.  It's just a constant stream of one thing happening after the next, without much development let along transition between the scenes. 

Spoiler

Episode 50 opens where Episode 49 leaves off with the Qing Twins talking.  They agree to work together, now that they know the truth of their parentage, but keep up pretenses, which means that QW will still send someone to look after QY.  QY accepts this, pointing out that given how they've always competed against each other, it's understandable that her older sister wouldn't trust her completely.  QW appreciates how forthright her little sister has always been.  (I still think there's a high probability the sisters will end up turning against each other, given past history and all, but we'll see.)  

CY, MRF, and Yun Lang go to meet with CY's uncle (a general) who attacks them immediately on sight after having received word that CY betrayed the emperor and ran away.  CY flashes him a peek at a seal hidden in his hand and so his uncle finally calms down.  CY explains that given that the emperor believes him to be an actual traitor, he had no choice but become one and run away and go to DFS.  He tells his uncle that since he'll be dragged down due to their family connections, he might as well join him under DFS too.  CY makes some promises on DFS's behalf as to the benefits he'll receive once DFS wins and so the uncle agrees to spend the next day thinking things over.

CY, MRF, and Yun Lang report back to the DFS who is pleased to hear they made some inroads with CY's uncle.  He doesn't quite trust CY though and after CY leaves, he sends Yun Lang away and asks MRF to remain.  He asks for MRF's version of the events and MRF confirms what CY said.  He says it looks like CY really has broken things off with the emperor.

When CY returns to his tent, he finds that Commander Han has arrived through what appears to be a secret tunnel under his tent?  Using that same tunnel, CY leaves the camp to meet with his uncle.  The uncle examines the seal that CY had flashed at him earlier and is pleased to learn that his nephew has actually been working with the emperor this entire time.  They discuss plans and the uncle asks if Yun Lang and Dan Sha can be trusted.  CY says yes because have motivations to work against DFS/MM.  

After CY and his uncle meet, QW arrives to the city.  When DFS receives word of this, he tells his men to let her come as this will another test of whether CY has actually broken things off with the emperor.  Around this same time, CY and QW are meeting.  It sounds like they're also in on things together and while she makes one more comment about the whole BQ things, she ends their conversation by saying something about how the next CY sees her she may actually be the official royal consort.  Guess she really is moving on?  

DFS receives word that CY's uncle has agreed to work with him and so they're able to advance into the next city (which is controlled by the uncle).  The general advises him that QW has been caught, but upon suggestion from CY, DFS agrees to let her go.  (We won't see her again for the remainder of the episode).  After DFS's men enter the city though, they come down with fast-spreading illness that is soon transmitted back to their camp.  DFS writes out a prescription to treat the outbreak, but CY had cleared out the city's stock of the necessary herbal so there are none to be found.  

Dan Sha's brother finds the outbreak suspicious and confronts his sister about it.  At first she denies knowing anything about it, but as he keeps after it, she essentially admits that she's seeking revenge for their father.  The brother thinks they should just throw in their lot with DFS and give up the revenge, as he'd rather live.  Dan Sha says she's always followed his command, but no more.  He's a wimp and she's not afraid of death.  

Around this time, DFS learns that the ingredients he needs for the medicine are unavailable.  As it's a common ingredient, he finds it suspicious that it would be suddenly unavailable and realizes there must be other forces at work than just nature.  He runs to find BQ only to discover CY in the process of trying to save her.  DFS and CY go head to head, while MRF and his men attack Commander Han and BQ.  It's hardly evenly matched for that group and so Commander Han is killed and MRF steals away with BQ.  (The drama does not dwell on this moment and instead focuses its attention on the fight between DFS and CY, which is evenly matched.)  Both men are heavily injured and it's only after the uncle arrives with his army that DFS runs away.  

As CY recuperates at his uncle's place, his uncle tells him not to feel too badly over the fact that they weren't able to capture DFS or MRF as this is surely considered a win, given how DFS's army is being decimated by the outbreak.  CY is upset though because he still wasn't able to save BQ.  He later meets with Dan Sha and Yun Lang to praise them on their work.  For now though, they all agree they must remain ensconced with DFS's people and hopefully continue to evade detection (their part in the outbreak hasn't yet been discovered).

DFS and BQ have become separated from MRF and the others.  As they travel, BQ refuses to pay DFS any attention, which is clearly upsetting and disappointing to him.  No matter how much he tries to lure her out, she doesn't respond.  He ends up getting sick overnight and so instead of running away when the opportunity presents itself, BQ treats his illness. This make DFS happy while BQ only grows sadder.  Eventually, they meet back up with MRF and Dan Sha's brother.  MRF, I swear, is becoming unhinged before our very eyes.  As he watches DFS walk away with BQ, you can tell he's filled with pent up rage.  Unlike Yun Lang who hopes to be able to one day return to the Emperor's good graces, MRF is done with the Emperor after what happened to his mother, so he's fully ready to throw in his lot with MM (who is now at odds with DFS, so I think that's the reason for his behavior in this final scene of the episode).

I should also mention that at some point towards the end of the episode, we got a scene where MM met with Hei Feng.  As they're discussing how they haven't heard anything from DFS in a while, a person arrives to say that they tracked down Xiao Liu and were able to retrieve the Biluotian sphere and map.  (Nothing was said about what actually happens to Xiao Liu, given that the things were taken from him... I'm not going to think on it.)

thank you @themarchioness  Quick question for you

Spoiler

it is confusing - is CY betraying DFS after he told his uncle that they should join forces with him?  

"CY, MRF, and Yun Lang go to meet with CY's uncle (a general) who attacks them immediately on sight after having received word that CY betrayed the emperor and ran away.  CY flashes him a peek at a seal hidden in his hand and so his uncle finally calms down.  CY explains that given that the emperor believes him to be an actual traitor, he had no choice but become one and run away and go to DFS.  He tells his uncle that since he'll be dragged down due to their family connections, he might as well join him under DFS too.  CY makes some promises on DFS's behalf as to the benefits he'll receive once DFS wins and so the uncle agrees to spend the next day thinking things over."

this is what I am confused about as later on it sounds like CY is really betraying and not on DFS's side. 

22 minutes ago, biancardi said:

thank you @themarchioness  Quick question for you

Hide contents

it is confusing - is CY betraying DFS after he told his uncle that they should join forces with him?  

this is what I am confused about as later on it sounds like CY is really betraying and not on DFS's side. 

Quick answer for you :)

Spoiler

CY has never been on DFS's side.  This was explained in a flashback scene shown in Episode 49, where we saw CY meeting with the Emperor after he "escaped" from the palace.  The emperor later announces that CY has escaped from the palace and CY lets everyone believe that he escaped from the palace.  They do thing so that DFS's guards will be lowered and accept CY into his fold.  CY's main purpose in joining DFS is to free BQ and break down DFS's side from within.

In Episode 50, when CY flashes seal at his uncle, his uncle reads between the lines and knows that everything CY is saying about joining DFS's side is a ruse, so he plays along saying that he'll give consideration to the idea.  (What was most amazing to me was that MRF never saw CY flashing the seal.  It was not exactly surreptitiously done, at least not iMO.  I actually wondered if MRF might have seen it, but he tells DFS later that he believes CY has broken off with the emperor.  As MRF has no reason to lie on CY's behalf, it would appear that the flashing of the seal really did escape his notice.)  Later, when CY and his uncle meet again, they talk about how when the uncle saw the seal, he started play-acting to go along with what CY was saying in that moment even though he didn't know what exactly was going on.

Hopefully that helps clear up any confusion.

thank you @themarchioness  

Spoiler

this makes me feel even more sorry for DFS.  arggghhh so conflicted.  

The current emperor is horrible.  But I guess blood is thicker than water for Chen Yu - that is why I like how DFS rebelled against his grandfather.

1 hour ago, biancardi said:

Hide contents

@biancardi, I just wanted to say that I appreciated your comments about DFS. It’s like you were reading my mind. He is, to me, the most interesting character in the show. I liked how he was presented and who he grew as a character. Multi dimensional character are usually my favorite in any drama as it represents us as humans unlike unrealistic and perfect characters usually presented in Asian drama. If it was not for his character, I don’t think I would have continued watching this drama. While I started watching in the first place because of zhang bin bin because I like him as an actor. His character in this drama was the most disappointing. They tried to portray him as this masked hero but then unfortunately he turned into this plain character who is not generally heroic. After the first part of the drama, nothing was added to his character. And finally, when he was still committed to his uncle the horrible emperor, I even become more disappointed. I keep asking myself, what if the emperor asked him to marry someone else or even to being BQ to the place for the emperor. I have this voice in my head that says he would have done that unfortunately. While DFS, started as this self-centered and bratty character but end up the most sacrificing. After that, I really did not want CY to end up with BQ. He was not deserving to live a happy ending to me. I will say this is not bin bin best work for me. He is really a good actor and I hope to see him in better roles in the future. I disliked the character he played here but will keep supporting him as an actor. I also learned about Austin Lin who played DFS and I really grew to like him as an actor. He played a complicated character impeccably well and I will look forward for new roles for him too.