Quantcast
sugarplum892

[Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] I Will Never Let You Go / Legend of Huo Buo 小女花不弃

On 1/9/2019 at 11:17 PM, sugarplum892 said:

i've skipped that one too haha

i actually watched the first 2 epi and it seems fast paced but after 4 epi, i think im close to dropping it...lol...things just kinda slowed down a bit for me.  maybe pick it back up when i have time

My sister just started watching it and felt the same way. But, I pushed her to keep going and she’s hooked now. I suggest picking it back up :)

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, kokodus said:

They didn't have to kill Ah Huang though. I didn't cry when the uncle died, but when they showed the montages of how Ah Huang had been with her and protected her since she was little, I can't help but tear up...:bawling:

I felt the same way! It’s worse when a helpless animal dies :( 

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, golinda27 said:

My sister just started watching it and felt the same way. But, I pushed her to keep going and she’s hooked now. I suggest picking it back up :)

hmm okay, gonna take your word for it. gonna pick it back up later sometime this weekend

• Like 2

5 hours ago, themarchioness said:

As best as I can recall, in Chinese, Chen Yu's father has always been referred to as "Qi Wang Ye."  Qi, meaning "seven", and Wang Ye, meaning "your highness," so I've just been thinking of him as the Seventh Prince since there's that one scene where he's talking with his underling and explaining that he doesn't want to make any sudden moves lest he attract the attention of the king. 

Without having watched any of the subbed episodes (yet), my guess is that the subbers' interchanging use of Prince/Duke/Lord stems from the fact that sometimes in Chinese, they use one word as a general characterization, and then you have to look at the context in which it's being said to understand properly what is meant, whereas in English we might use more specific terms to get the point across.  My favorite example of that is, "Yang," which in English can mean lamb, goat, sheep, etc.  Heh. 

Here, the literal translation of "Wang" is king.  But it can also mean Duke, Prince, etc., again, depending on context.  "Wang Zi" would definitely mean Prince though, as the "zi" connotes that they're talking about a child.  So It's King Child = Prince.  And if you look up "Wang Ye" in the dictionary, you also get as options: Prince, Marquis, and Nobleman.  However you want to translate it, I think it's best understood that both Chen Yu and his father are connected to royalty.  After all, there is also that scene where Chen Yu sits down and purposely lets his robe fall ever so subtly to display a jade piece underneath.  The reason everyone around him suddenly kowtows is because with that jade piece, it's not that he's suddenly displaying his true wealth and they're all wanting to cater to a rich man, but rather, they recognize that means he's a member of nobility.  

As for Bu Qi and why she's so valuable . . . 

Reveal hidden contents

I read on cfensi this description of the drama, "In a mysterious kingdom, there is a rumor that whoever finds the treasure hidden in the Luminous Sky Cult will conquer the world.  The treasure can only be opened by the cult's Holy Sorceress and her descendants, and her daughter Xue Fei is sacrificed in the ensuing bloodbath led by the Seventh Prince."  

So, from that, I think we can understand why the Seventh Prince is so keen on gaining access to Bu Qi, as Xue Fei's daughter, and by pretending she's his illegitimate daughter, that gives him a legitimate reason for searching for her all these years without arousing suspicion from others.  

That makes a lot more sense now. Thank you soo much.

Yes, I'm just sticking to the fact that the father is a Lord/7th prince and Chen Yu is the crown prince/young master. Lol.

But yes, thank you, too on the explanation on Bu Qi. Now it makes soo much sense. 

I just finished the first 2 episodes, will catch up on the rest later, but I am liking this drama. I haven't found any good fantasy/Wuxia drama since Heavy Sweetness, Ash-Like Frost. I loved that drama soo much. And now it's on Netflix, I always watch an episode before going to bed. Lol. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, turtle0217 said:

And now it's on Netflix, I always watch an episode before going to bed. Lol. 

Are you me?!?! LOL I do the same. In fact while I'm typing this I have another tab open with a random ep of AOL on. LOL. I was actually on a great mood today after seeing Deng Lun and Yang Zi on a awards show together. 

Ok ok went off topic there, sorry, but anyways, I have watched till 3rd ep and I'm wondering about what is going on in Chen Yu's head. He clearly don't want to take her to his father, but he was sooooooo looking forward to take her to the capital. LOL. What is he thinking?!? Tsk tsk. Ariel Lin looks absolutely beautiful in this show. It's like she hasn't aged a bit since It started with a kiss days. Hehe. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

1 hour ago, turtle0217 said:

I just finished the first 2 episodes, will catch up on the rest later, but I am liking this drama. I haven't found any good fantasy/Wuxia drama since Heavy Sweetness, Ash-Like Frost. I loved that drama soo much. And now it's on Netflix, I always watch an episode before going to bed. Lol. 

OMGGGG the last fantasy drama that I couldn't forget was Ashes Of Love also, I was wondering how long I had to wait until I find something decent and it seems like this one is on the right way :wub:

ALSO whaaaat? Which drama is on Netflix? I went on it and I didn't find any of both!

1 hour ago, kokodus said:

Are you me?!?! LOL I do the same. In fact while I'm typing this I have another tab open with a random ep of AOL on. LOL. I was actually on a great mood today after seeing Deng Lun and Yang Zi on a awards show together. 

I couldn't find Ashes Of Love on Netflix...

What? MY BABY DENG LUN? WHERE HAHA

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Helene Tian said:

Really?!?! That's strange. I watched the whole thing on Netflix only. It's definitely available on Asian Netflix. It only came to NF last month actually. Probably it has not come to your country yet. I'm not sure. Sigh I'm sad that couldnt watch baby Deng Lun at high resolution. But don't lose hope yet. Try searching it again. 

• Like 3

So i see there are 4 clans who connected with BQ, while the men of the clans want to catch her alive, the women including MRF’s mother want to kill her LOL

• Like 1

I almost gave up during ep 2, but actually, this is not a bad drama, just a common costume c-drama, although the acting not superb but not bad either, I'm now on ep 6 :grin:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, angelangie said:

yes she doesnt age at all.....times just kinda stop on her lols

How true?!?! She still could pass off as a high school student. Heck she could even reprise her role as Xiang Qin if they are going to make the millionth remake of It started with a kiss. Lol. She looks so beautiful in this drama though. I have never seen her in a costume drama before, she looks ethereal. Even all those dirty rags couldn't mask her beauty. Hehe. 

46 minutes ago, angelangie said:

anyone in love with Vin yet?

Me!!!! I have been in love with him since forever. Lol. Really love him here. He gives off a very cool vibe. Reminds me of healer JCW. Haha. 

I love that they have used their real voices. It definitely adds character to their roles. 

• Like 4
  • LOL 2

46 minutes ago, angelangie said:

anyone in love with Vin yet? :D

YEEEEEEEES! I loved him since TMOPB and then wait which one oh yeah The Flame’s Daughter! The only drama I kinda couldn’t watch is The King’s Woman even tho I like both leads, I just didn’t get into the storyline I guess...

17 minutes ago, kokodus said:

Reminds me of healer JCW

LMAO HOW COME WE LIKE THE SAME GUYS HAHAHAHA! I WAS SO FKING IN LOVE W/ HIM IN HEALER BUT THEN IN K2 OMG. He’s like the hottest man alive right after LMH.

• Like 1
  • LOL 3

6 minutes ago, Helene Tian said:

YEEEEEEEES! I loved him since TMOPB and then wait which one oh yeah The Flame’s Daughter! The only drama I kinda couldn’t watch is The King’s Woman even tho I like both leads, I just didn’t get into the storyline I guess...

LMAO HOW COME WE LIKE THE SAME GUYS HAHAHAHA! I WAS SO FKING IN LOVE W/ HIM IN HEALER BUT THEN IN K2 OMG. He’s like the hottest man alive right after LMH.

Omg did you really just mention LMH right now?!?!! GAAHHHHHH. He is first kdrama crush. I love him more than anyone else in the dramaland. Gosh we truly are kindred spirits. LOL. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 2

13 hours ago, kokodus said:

Ok ok went off topic there, sorry, but anyways, I have watched till 3rd ep and I'm wondering about what is going on in Chen Yu's head. He clearly don't want to take her to his father, but he was sooooooo looking forward to take her to the capital. LOL. What is he thinking?!? Tsk tsk. Ariel Lin looks absolutely beautiful in this show. It's like she hasn't aged a bit since It started with a kiss days. Hehe. 

Lol! It's a great drama and I hope this one will be a great one, too.

It's hilarious that Chen Yu don't want to take Bu Qi to his father, but he can't stop being around/helping her. Lol.

And yes, I agree, Ariel Lin has not aged at all. I am shocked that she still looks the same.

12 hours ago, Helene Tian said:

OMGGGG the last fantasy drama that I couldn't forget was Ashes Of Love also, I was wondering how long I had to wait until I find something decent and it seems like this one is on the right way :wub:

ALSO whaaaat? Which drama is on Netflix? I went on it and I didn't find any of both!

It's on Netflix. The search title is "Ashes of Love"

But that's kind of weird that you can't find it. Well, I think it's in some countries, like in the UK they have tons of Kdrama on Netflix, but here in the US, I have tons of Cdrama on Netflix and it's slow on Kdrama.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, turtle0217 said:

Lol! It's a great drama and I hope this one will be a great one, too.

It's hilarious that Chen Yu don't want to take Bu Qi to his father, but he can't stop being around/helping her. Lol.

And yes, I agree, Ariel Lin has not aged at all. I am shocked that she still looks the same.

It's on Netflix. The search title is "Ashes of Love"

But that's kind of weird that you can't find it. Well, I think it's in some countries, like in the UK they have tons of Kdrama on Netflix, but here in the US, I have tons of Cdrama on Netflix and it's slow on Kdrama.

I agree. Kdrama collection in Netflix is very limited on the other hand they are getting more and more C dramas. Actually I'm glad because C dramas don't get subbed as much as kdramas. No kdrama goes unsubbed but there are millions of C drama lying poorly being half subbed or without getting subbed for a very long time until some kind soul picks it up. Sigh.

I wouldn't have watched Ashes of love if it was not there on Netflix. Hehe. 

• Like 5

I'm so confused about the story. Watched ep 1 in English but still don't get it.

What's so special about the mother and the HBQ?  Seems all men in power wants them or even kill to have them. Apparently HBQ is not the prince''s blood. So who is the father of HBQ.

Why they want her to enter the Palace? 

Why the women in black are after her and wants to kill her?

In ep 7, master Mo looks like a woman disguised as a man. If he is really a man, then why only the lady of the house (his mom) attend to him whenever he is sick or wounded and no man attend to him, not even his man servant.

Apparently nobody knows that HBQ is not related to the Prince Father by blood. Even the prince tamper with her blood sample to make sure everyone think she is his flesh n blood.

• Like 2