[Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] I Will Never Let You Go / Legend of Huo Buo 小女花不弃

sugarplum892

I love watching this drama. HuaBuQi's  character is so witty and funny. I can't help laughing out loud whenever she meets ChenYu and how she always gets under his skin and test his patience. Even though they bicker so much, ChenYu is drawn to her. 

HuaBuQi's hard life doesn't weigh her down. She is always bright and chirpy. It is sad that except for ChenYu and Yin Lang, everyone around her either wants her dead or make use of her for their selfish greed.  

• Replies 987
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, lynne22 said:

I've had the raws till ep 10.... lol.. hopefully I'll have time to watch it this weekend... 

I especially like the cute tone in ep 1 [from few scenes I watch fast forward] lol.. hopefully this drama will have a decent ending.... 

I’m hoping for the same this weekend, @lynne22!  I got home from work too late tonight to watch more. Sadness. But hopefully, I’ll have time to catch up over the weekend.  I’d also like to  rewatch some parts with subs, once they’re available, to make sure I understand correctly the background conflict stuff.  The OTP are great though.  I love every time she praises Lian Yi Ke to him, not realizing they’re one and the same, and then him having to hear himself criticized when she think she’s talking to Lian Yi Ke, again not realizing they’re the one and the same. Lol! 

For those waiting for subs, the current Viki progress is 1st Ep 97%, 2nd Ep 98% (so it hasn’t moved for half a day, but it’s as good as subbed at that percentage), and very excitingly 3rd Ep 81%!  Considering it was less than 10% subbed just a few hours ago, this is great news! The subbers have been really cranking it out today!

Hi everyone,

I am new on this thread and just started watching this drama. I actually watched all 10 episodes without subs and now just finished episode 1 with subtitles.

I am soo confused now after I got some subs and reading some of your guys post. 

So Mo Ruo Fei is a guy, but a woman is playing him. And he is Hua Bu Qi's step-brother. But isn't Chen Yu also step-brother to Bu Qi, too? I'm soo confused.

By the way, what is their father's title? Like he was called a Prince and now a Duke? I'm soo lost. Lol. :lol:

1 hour ago, turtle0217 said:

So Mo Ruo Fei is a guy, but a woman is playing him. And he is Hua Bu Qi's step-brother. But isn't Chen Yu also step-brother to Bu Qi, too? I'm soo confused.

Spoiler

Yes, he is HBQ’s step brother. Same dad and different mother!

NOOOO HAHA ofc not otherwise they won’t and can’t fall in love as you saw in the trailers. CY’s dad (Qi Wang Ye) made everyone believe she is her illegitimate daughter by looking for her since years but actually he needs her for something else.

By the way, what is their father's title? Like he was called a Prince and now a Duke? I'm soo lost. Lol:lol:

What? Wait whooo LOL

3 minutes ago, Helene Tian said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Yes, he is HBQ’s step brother. Same dad and different mother!

NOOOO HAHA ofc not otherwise they won’t and can’t fall in love as you saw in the trailers. CY’s dad (Qi Wang Ye) made everyone believe she is her illegitimate daughter by looking for her since years but actually he needs her for something else.

What? Wait whooo LOL

I watched the first 3 episodes english subtitles and it was like confusing on the father's title. Like first episode, his people address him as "Prince" when Xue Fei (BuQi's mother) died. Then in episode 2, he was labeled as the Duke, and now Lord. So I'm just confused on the father's title. I'm sticking to him being Lord and Chen Yu as Young Master. It's just some confusing from the english subtitles.

But yes, it makes sense now that the father lied about Bu Qi being his illegitimate daughter, because she holds something valuable. She's not related at all to Chen Yu.

8 minutes ago, turtle0217 said:

I watched the first 3 episodes english subtitles and it was like confusing on the father's title. Like first episode, his people address him as "Prince" when Xue Fei (BuQi's mother) died. Then in episode 2, he was labeled as the Duke, and now Lord. So I'm just confused on the father's title. I'm sticking to him being Lord and Chen Yu as Young Master. It's just some confusing from the english subtitles.

I got no clue tbh LOL. All i know is that he's high-ranking, prob the highest we saw until now besides the king?

Yayyyy!!!! I finally watched the first two eps with subs. Loving the fluffy breezy tone of the drama, but the ending of ep 2 is nowhere near fluffy. Lol. I wonder what extraordinary power Ariel's character for her to be chased by practically everyone in this drama. She is some kind of holy woman? I love the whole Superman/Clark Kent situation going on here. It's really funny how she thinks Chen Yu is a playboy and a douchebag while Li Yian Ke as a hero when both are the same. LOL.

Yay!

I hope the subs come out soon...I've been starting and dropping CDramas recently and I really want to watch another period drama. 

So far, trailers are okay. Thanks in advance to subbers for helping those who don't understand much of the language.

6 hours ago, turtle0217 said:

But yes, it makes sense now that the father lied about Bu Qi being his illegitimate daughter, because she holds something valuable. She's not related at all to Chen Yu.

As best as I can recall, in Chinese, Chen Yu's father has always been referred to as "Qi Wang Ye."  Qi, meaning "seven", and Wang Ye, meaning "your highness," so I've just been thinking of him as the Seventh Prince since there's that one scene where he's talking with his underling and explaining that he doesn't want to make any sudden moves lest he attract the attention of the king. 

Without having watched any of the subbed episodes (yet), my guess is that the subbers' interchanging use of Prince/Duke/Lord stems from the fact that sometimes in Chinese, they use one word as a general characterization, and then you have to look at the context in which it's being said to understand properly what is meant, whereas in English we might use more specific terms to get the point across.  My favorite example of that is, "Yang," which in English can mean lamb, goat, sheep, etc.  Heh. 

Here, the literal translation of "Wang" is king.  But it can also mean Duke, Prince, etc., again, depending on context.  "Wang Zi" would definitely mean Prince though, as the "zi" connotes that they're talking about a child.  So It's King Child = Prince.  And if you look up "Wang Ye" in the dictionary, you also get as options: Prince, Marquis, and Nobleman.  However you want to translate it, I think it's best understood that both Chen Yu and his father are connected to royalty.  After all, there is also that scene where Chen Yu sits down and purposely lets his robe fall ever so subtly to display a jade piece underneath.  The reason everyone around him suddenly kowtows is because with that jade piece, it's not that he's suddenly displaying his true wealth and they're all wanting to cater to a rich man, but rather, they recognize that means he's a member of nobility.  

As for Bu Qi and why she's so valuable . . . 

Spoiler

I read on cfensi this description of the drama, "In a mysterious kingdom, there is a rumor that whoever finds the treasure hidden in the Luminous Sky Cult will conquer the world.  The treasure can only be opened by the cult's Holy Sorceress and her descendants, and her daughter Xue Fei is sacrificed in the ensuing bloodbath led by the Seventh Prince."  

So, from that, I think we can understand why the Seventh Prince is so keen on gaining access to Bu Qi, as Xue Fei's daughter, and by pretending she's his illegitimate daughter, that gives him a legitimate reason for searching for her all these years without arousing suspicion from others.  

1 hour ago, ElleSor said:

Yay!

I hope the subs come out soon...

They're out!  Viki's episode 1 is at 100%, episode 2 is at 99%, Episode 3 is at 98%, and Episode 5 is at 98%.  Episode 4 is at 65% and Episode 6 is at 6% (as of the writing of this post, of course).  Episodes 7 and and 8 won't be released until next week.  If Viki is blocked for you, I understand 'other sites' have picked it up. 

On 1/9/2019 at 11:17 PM, sugarplum892 said:

i've skipped that one too haha

i actually watched the first 2 epi and it seems fast paced but after 4 epi, i think im close to dropping it...lol...things just kinda slowed down a bit for me.  maybe pick it back up when i have time

My sister just started watching it and felt the same way. But, I pushed her to keep going and she’s hooked now. I suggest picking it back up :)

42 minutes ago, kokodus said:

They didn't have to kill Ah Huang though. I didn't cry when the uncle died, but when they showed the montages of how Ah Huang had been with her and protected her since she was little, I can't help but tear up...:bawling:

I felt the same way! It’s worse when a helpless animal dies :( 

18 minutes ago, golinda27 said:

My sister just started watching it and felt the same way. But, I pushed her to keep going and she’s hooked now. I suggest picking it back up :)

hmm okay, gonna take your word for it. gonna pick it back up later sometime this weekend

5 hours ago, themarchioness said:

As best as I can recall, in Chinese, Chen Yu's father has always been referred to as "Qi Wang Ye."  Qi, meaning "seven", and Wang Ye, meaning "your highness," so I've just been thinking of him as the Seventh Prince since there's that one scene where he's talking with his underling and explaining that he doesn't want to make any sudden moves lest he attract the attention of the king. 

Without having watched any of the subbed episodes (yet), my guess is that the subbers' interchanging use of Prince/Duke/Lord stems from the fact that sometimes in Chinese, they use one word as a general characterization, and then you have to look at the context in which it's being said to understand properly what is meant, whereas in English we might use more specific terms to get the point across.  My favorite example of that is, "Yang," which in English can mean lamb, goat, sheep, etc.  Heh. 

Here, the literal translation of "Wang" is king.  But it can also mean Duke, Prince, etc., again, depending on context.  "Wang Zi" would definitely mean Prince though, as the "zi" connotes that they're talking about a child.  So It's King Child = Prince.  And if you look up "Wang Ye" in the dictionary, you also get as options: Prince, Marquis, and Nobleman.  However you want to translate it, I think it's best understood that both Chen Yu and his father are connected to royalty.  After all, there is also that scene where Chen Yu sits down and purposely lets his robe fall ever so subtly to display a jade piece underneath.  The reason everyone around him suddenly kowtows is because with that jade piece, it's not that he's suddenly displaying his true wealth and they're all wanting to cater to a rich man, but rather, they recognize that means he's a member of nobility.  

As for Bu Qi and why she's so valuable . . . 

Reveal hidden contents

I read on cfensi this description of the drama, "In a mysterious kingdom, there is a rumor that whoever finds the treasure hidden in the Luminous Sky Cult will conquer the world.  The treasure can only be opened by the cult's Holy Sorceress and her descendants, and her daughter Xue Fei is sacrificed in the ensuing bloodbath led by the Seventh Prince."  

So, from that, I think we can understand why the Seventh Prince is so keen on gaining access to Bu Qi, as Xue Fei's daughter, and by pretending she's his illegitimate daughter, that gives him a legitimate reason for searching for her all these years without arousing suspicion from others.  

That makes a lot more sense now. Thank you soo much.

Yes, I'm just sticking to the fact that the father is a Lord/7th prince and Chen Yu is the crown prince/young master. Lol.

But yes, thank you, too on the explanation on Bu Qi. Now it makes soo much sense. 

I just finished the first 2 episodes, will catch up on the rest later, but I am liking this drama. I haven't found any good fantasy/Wuxia drama since Heavy Sweetness, Ash-Like Frost. I loved that drama soo much. And now it's on Netflix, I always watch an episode before going to bed. Lol. 

1 minute ago, turtle0217 said:

And now it's on Netflix, I always watch an episode before going to bed. Lol. 

Are you me?!?! LOL I do the same. In fact while I'm typing this I have another tab open with a random ep of AOL on. LOL. I was actually on a great mood today after seeing Deng Lun and Yang Zi on a awards show together. 

Ok ok went off topic there, sorry, but anyways, I have watched till 3rd ep and I'm wondering about what is going on in Chen Yu's head. He clearly don't want to take her to his father, but he was sooooooo looking forward to take her to the capital. LOL. What is he thinking?!? Tsk tsk. Ariel Lin looks absolutely beautiful in this show. It's like she hasn't aged a bit since It started with a kiss days. Hehe. 

I just finished the first 2 episodes, will catch up on the rest later, but I am liking this drama. I haven't found any good fantasy/Wuxia drama since Heavy Sweetness, Ash-Like Frost. I loved that drama soo much. And now it's on Netflix, I always watch an episode before going to bed. Lol. 

OMGGGG the last fantasy drama that I couldn't forget was Ashes Of Love also, I was wondering how long I had to wait until I find something decent and it seems like this one is on the right way :wub:

ALSO whaaaat? Which drama is on Netflix? I went on it and I didn't find any of both!

1 hour ago, kokodus said:

Are you me?!?! LOL I do the same. In fact while I'm typing this I have another tab open with a random ep of AOL on. LOL. I was actually on a great mood today after seeing Deng Lun and Yang Zi on a awards show together. 

I couldn't find Ashes Of Love on Netflix...

What? MY BABY DENG LUN? WHERE HAHA

5 minutes ago, Helene Tian said:

I couldn't find Ashes Of Love on Netflix...

What? MY BABY DENG LUN? WHERE HAHA

Really?!?! That's strange. I watched the whole thing on Netflix only. It's definitely available on Asian Netflix. It only came to NF last month actually. Probably it has not come to your country yet. I'm not sure. Sigh I'm sad that couldnt watch baby Deng Lun at high resolution. But don't lose hope yet. Try searching it again. 

Archived