Quantcast
sugarplum892

[Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] I Will Never Let You Go / Legend of Huo Buo 小女花不弃

4 hours ago, kokodus said:

Wondering how long I will have to wait for the eng subs of 1st ep. 

:tears: I hope you can watch it soon... I bet you’ll like it for sure since you prob like ashes of love (cause of your profile pic hehe)

Anyways, looking forward for next Tuesday! I’m already done watching the first 10 episodes LOL... :sweatingbullets:

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Helene Tian said:

:tears: I hope you can watch it soon... I bet you’ll like it for sure since you prob like ashes of love (cause of your profile pic hehe)

Anyways, looking forward for next Tuesday! I’m already done watching the first 10 episodes LOL... :sweatingbullets:

Hahaha yes I loved ashes of love. I only recently went on a Deng Lun binge. Lol. And lucky you, I didn't even know 10 eps have been released already, if only I can understand the language.... Sigh.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

I’ve always been a fan of Ariel! Can’t believe she is back in time period drama.

After watching a few episodes… I’m loving the pace of the drama and crossing my fingers that it won’t get draggy in the middle.

I like the chemistry between out leading couple so far with their bickering.  

I’m not much of a fan of ZBB. I had watch a few of his dramas but his acting hasn’t won a spot in my heart… LOL… I guess because majority of his facial expressions has always been the cold stare…

@jongski if you have access to viki or YT then i believe its up to ep 4 with eng sub.... 

1 hour ago, samanatha_xyooj said:

@jongski if you have access to viki or YT then i believe its up to ep 4 with eng sub.... 

Not YT (If there are more episodes on YT it's because people have ripped and uploaded them there, and I'm not aware of them (so that's just me speculating), but the official channels are releasing episodes according to the air date schedule and aren't subbed). 

Viki has the license and is releasing 2 episodes each day that it airs (so they are currently up to episode 6 -- other sites with raw episodes may be farther along than that because people have been able to rip episodes from the advance access that members of official streaming sites get). 

Viki got their license last minute and scrambled to put a subbing team together, so it's taken time for the first few eps to get subbed.  Hopefully things will move faster now that it looks like they've a team in place.  I would note that significant progress has been made in these past few hours as earlier when I checked, the first two eps weren't yet at halfway or were just over halfway subbed, but now episode 1 is 80-something% subbed and episode 2 is 90-something% subbed.  I know it's hard to have patience sometimes, especially when it comes to shows we want to watch, but let's remember that historical dramas are even more difficult to sub than dramas set in the present day, so let's cheer on the subbers and give thanks for the hard work they're doing!  

1 hour ago, samanatha_xyooj said:

After watching a few episodes… I’m loving the pace of the drama and crossing my fingers that it won’t get draggy in the middle.

Given the number of episodes and history of the writer of this drama, I'm concerned about that as well.  But we can only cross our fingers and hope for the best.  I'm absolutely loving what I've watched so far, and impatient for more.  :)  

• Like 6

someone please let me know where to watch this with full subs!I heard that viki is subbing and only available in certain countries... 

First and second episodes on Viki are now at 93% and 98%, respectively. Progress is definitely being made as just a few hours ago Episode 1 was at 84%.  Movement hasn't been made on Episode 2 since earlier, but it's practically subbed at this point.  

@JoycceeDreamer, I suspect once Viki episodes are fully subbed, you'll start to find the drama on 'other sites' with subs.

• Like 1

@themarchioness :wub:

6 hours ago, themarchioness said:

Given the number of episodes and history of the writer of this drama, I'm concerned about that as well.  But we can only cross our fingers and hope for the best.  I'm absolutely loving what I've watched so far, and impatient for more.  :)  

I've had the raws till ep 10.... lol.. hopefully I'll have time to watch it this weekend... 

I especially like the cute tone in ep 1 [from few scenes I watch fast forward] lol.. hopefully this drama will have a decent ending.... 

• Like 2

I love watching this drama. HuaBuQi's  character is so witty and funny. I can't help laughing out loud whenever she meets ChenYu and how she always gets under his skin and test his patience. Even though they bicker so much, ChenYu is drawn to her. 

HuaBuQi's hard life doesn't weigh her down. She is always bright and chirpy. It is sad that except for ChenYu and Yin Lang, everyone around her either wants her dead or make use of her for their selfish greed.  

• Like 4
  • LOL 1

1 hour ago, lynne22 said:

I've had the raws till ep 10.... lol.. hopefully I'll have time to watch it this weekend... 

I especially like the cute tone in ep 1 [from few scenes I watch fast forward] lol.. hopefully this drama will have a decent ending.... 

I’m hoping for the same this weekend, @lynne22!  I got home from work too late tonight to watch more. Sadness. But hopefully, I’ll have time to catch up over the weekend.  I’d also like to  rewatch some parts with subs, once they’re available, to make sure I understand correctly the background conflict stuff.  The OTP are great though.  I love every time she praises Lian Yi Ke to him, not realizing they’re one and the same, and then him having to hear himself criticized when she think she’s talking to Lian Yi Ke, again not realizing they’re the one and the same. Lol! 

For those waiting for subs, the current Viki progress is 1st Ep 97%, 2nd Ep 98% (so it hasn’t moved for half a day, but it’s as good as subbed at that percentage), and very excitingly 3rd Ep 81%!  Considering it was less than 10% subbed just a few hours ago, this is great news! The subbers have been really cranking it out today!

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

Hi everyone,

I am new on this thread and just started watching this drama. I actually watched all 10 episodes without subs and now just finished episode 1 with subtitles.

I am soo confused now after I got some subs and reading some of your guys post. 

So Mo Ruo Fei is a guy, but a woman is playing him. And he is Hua Bu Qi's step-brother. But isn't Chen Yu also step-brother to Bu Qi, too? I'm soo confused.

By the way, what is their father's title? Like he was called a Prince and now a Duke? I'm soo lost. Lol. :lol:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, turtle0217 said:

So Mo Ruo Fei is a guy, but a woman is playing him. And he is Hua Bu Qi's step-brother. But isn't Chen Yu also step-brother to Bu Qi, too? I'm soo confused.

Spoiler

Yes, he is HBQ’s step brother. Same dad and different mother!

NOOOO HAHA ofc not otherwise they won’t and can’t fall in love as you saw in the trailers. CY’s dad (Qi Wang Ye) made everyone believe she is her illegitimate daughter by looking for her since years but actually he needs her for something else.

1 hour ago, turtle0217 said:

By the way, what is their father's title? Like he was called a Prince and now a Duke? I'm soo lost. Lol:lol:

What? Wait whooo LOL

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Helene Tian said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Yes, he is HBQ’s step brother. Same dad and different mother!

NOOOO HAHA ofc not otherwise they won’t and can’t fall in love as you saw in the trailers. CY’s dad (Qi Wang Ye) made everyone believe she is her illegitimate daughter by looking for her since years but actually he needs her for something else.

What? Wait whooo LOL

I watched the first 3 episodes english subtitles and it was like confusing on the father's title. Like first episode, his people address him as "Prince" when Xue Fei (BuQi's mother) died. Then in episode 2, he was labeled as the Duke, and now Lord. So I'm just confused on the father's title. I'm sticking to him being Lord and Chen Yu as Young Master. It's just some confusing from the english subtitles.

But yes, it makes sense now that the father lied about Bu Qi being his illegitimate daughter, because she holds something valuable. She's not related at all to Chen Yu.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, turtle0217 said:

I watched the first 3 episodes english subtitles and it was like confusing on the father's title. Like first episode, his people address him as "Prince" when Xue Fei (BuQi's mother) died. Then in episode 2, he was labeled as the Duke, and now Lord. So I'm just confused on the father's title. I'm sticking to him being Lord and Chen Yu as Young Master. It's just some confusing from the english subtitles.

I got no clue tbh LOL. All i know is that he's high-ranking, prob the highest we saw until now besides the king?

• Like 2

Yayyyy!!!! I finally watched the first two eps with subs. Loving the fluffy breezy tone of the drama, but the ending of ep 2 is nowhere near fluffy. Lol. I wonder what extraordinary power Ariel's character for her to be chased by practically everyone in this drama. She is some kind of holy woman? I love the whole Superman/Clark Kent situation going on here. It's really funny how she thinks Chen Yu is a playboy and a douchebag while Li Yian Ke as a hero when both are the same. LOL.

• Like 5
  • LOL 1

Yay!

I hope the subs come out soon...I've been starting and dropping CDramas recently and I really want to watch another period drama. 

So far, trailers are okay. Thanks in advance to subbers for helping those who don't understand much of the language.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, turtle0217 said:

But yes, it makes sense now that the father lied about Bu Qi being his illegitimate daughter, because she holds something valuable. She's not related at all to Chen Yu.

As best as I can recall, in Chinese, Chen Yu's father has always been referred to as "Qi Wang Ye."  Qi, meaning "seven", and Wang Ye, meaning "your highness," so I've just been thinking of him as the Seventh Prince since there's that one scene where he's talking with his underling and explaining that he doesn't want to make any sudden moves lest he attract the attention of the king. 

Without having watched any of the subbed episodes (yet), my guess is that the subbers' interchanging use of Prince/Duke/Lord stems from the fact that sometimes in Chinese, they use one word as a general characterization, and then you have to look at the context in which it's being said to understand properly what is meant, whereas in English we might use more specific terms to get the point across.  My favorite example of that is, "Yang," which in English can mean lamb, goat, sheep, etc.  Heh. 

Here, the literal translation of "Wang" is king.  But it can also mean Duke, Prince, etc., again, depending on context.  "Wang Zi" would definitely mean Prince though, as the "zi" connotes that they're talking about a child.  So It's King Child = Prince.  And if you look up "Wang Ye" in the dictionary, you also get as options: Prince, Marquis, and Nobleman.  However you want to translate it, I think it's best understood that both Chen Yu and his father are connected to royalty.  After all, there is also that scene where Chen Yu sits down and purposely lets his robe fall ever so subtly to display a jade piece underneath.  The reason everyone around him suddenly kowtows is because with that jade piece, it's not that he's suddenly displaying his true wealth and they're all wanting to cater to a rich man, but rather, they recognize that means he's a member of nobility.  

As for Bu Qi and why she's so valuable . . . 

Spoiler

I read on cfensi this description of the drama, "In a mysterious kingdom, there is a rumor that whoever finds the treasure hidden in the Luminous Sky Cult will conquer the world.  The treasure can only be opened by the cult's Holy Sorceress and her descendants, and her daughter Xue Fei is sacrificed in the ensuing bloodbath led by the Seventh Prince."  

So, from that, I think we can understand why the Seventh Prince is so keen on gaining access to Bu Qi, as Xue Fei's daughter, and by pretending she's his illegitimate daughter, that gives him a legitimate reason for searching for her all these years without arousing suspicion from others.  

1 hour ago, ElleSor said:

Yay!

I hope the subs come out soon...

They're out!  Viki's episode 1 is at 100%, episode 2 is at 99%, Episode 3 is at 98%, and Episode 5 is at 98%.  Episode 4 is at 65% and Episode 6 is at 6% (as of the writing of this post, of course).  Episodes 7 and and 8 won't be released until next week.  If Viki is blocked for you, I understand 'other sites' have picked it up. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

They didn't have to kill Ah Huang though. I didn't cry when the uncle died, but when they showed the montages of how Ah Huang had been with her and protected her since she was little, I can't help but tear up...:bawling:

• Sad 3