Quantcast
sugarplum892

[Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] I Will Never Let You Go / Legend of Huo Buo 小女花不弃

Looks like it’s only 4 episodes next week. No broadcast on 7th Feb ... sad  ...

33095267188_fd962715cd_z.jpg

but at least we will see CY and BQ reunite finally !!!

• Like 2
  • Sad 3
  • Thanks 2

13 hours ago, themarchioness said:

No problem, I’m glad to add clarity. I’ve read a lot of comments online from people complaining about how slow the subs are and it’s clearly just a lack of understanding how things work. I mean, I’m grateful for the people who rip the VIP episodes, as I’m impatient to keep watching, but very technically they’re the illegal ones, you know? ;)

i forgot to mention earlier but on the first page of this thread there’s actually a calendar that shows which episodes are released on which days for regular and VIP members. It is one episode off though, because in the first week, there was a day when they only aired one episode instead of the usual two (both for regular and VIP members). I don’t know why they did that, maybe there was something going on that day that they could only broadcast one episode,  it given that this drama is slotted to be 51 episodes, I guess that just means they can end the drama with two episodes on the last day, instead of just one.

@themarchioness it feels slow to me but that's because I'm just so eager to know what happens next! LOL I've been watching whatever RAW version I can find (and yes, I do feel bad because those are obvi illegal but I can't help it! I'm addicted!). I'm going to take a look at the calendar. It helps to know when the new episodes are coming out. I feel silly watching the RAW versions because I can't even understand a thing but I'm just watching anyway. LOL

I think Bin Bin and Ariel have great chemistry and I like that this drama has a lightness to it that's just fun to watch.

• Like 3

On 2/3/2019 at 11:31 PM, omiki said:

THIS IS THE SADDEST NEWS I HEARD TODAY... :(

On 2/3/2019 at 10:47 PM, chisaholly said:

Preview on ep 29, for those who can read chinese, the viewers' comments on top of the video are so funny :D

There was nothing to me... anyways I love how CY just ruined the atmosphere hahahahaha. She was getting too much hopes! Tsssss stop dreaming girl.

Edited by angelangie
Mod Edit: Do not quote images
  • Like 1

On 2/3/2019 at 11:31 PM, omiki said:

I didn't even realized we are halfway through the drama already. Wow.

It's okay if we only get 4 episodes, as long as we get the reunited scenes. Also I think after they reunite, they are going to separate again and I keep having the feeling that CY will return when HBQ is forced to marry DFS.

Edited by angelangie
Mod Edit: Do not quote images
  • Like 3

12 minutes ago, turtle0217 said:

I didn't even realized we are halfway through the drama already. Wow.

It's okay if we only get 4 episodes, as long as we get the reunited scenes. Also I think after they reunite, they are going to separate again and I keep having the feeling that CY will return when HBQ is forced to marry DFS.

I really hope they don't keep getting separated. My suspicion is that we get that scene where Buqi sees him watching her and where she pretends he's a fortune teller and pays him to hear her fortune. Then he gets injured on that mission to find Biluotian so it takes him a while to get back to Buqi and then when he does, Buqi is upset that it took him so long to come back and that's the kiss scene. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mouse007 said:

I really hope they don't keep getting separated. My suspicion is that we get that scene where Buqi sees him watching her and where she pretends he's a fortune teller and pays him to hear her fortune. Then he gets injured on that mission to find Biluotian so it takes him a while to get back to Buqi and then when he does, Buqi is upset that it took him so long to come back and that's the kiss scene. 

I think that's episode 28, or at least will occur in the episodes this week. 

• Like 1

This show is an absolute hoot! (I had to keep myself from laughing out loud lest I disturb the rest of our household). Those first few episodes were downright hilarious especially the scenes between the OTP. I think my favourite would have to be where she's trying to get him to take her along to the capital city in a horse and carriage by causing a ruckus and accusing him in front of a largely sympathetic crowd of impregnating her. :D;)  Then he pretends to seduce her. She catches on and makes the right kind of noises to throw him off balance. LOL. The ever reliable and wonderful Ariel Lin is such a joy to watch here. She does comedy so effortlessly but more importantly convincingly. I can't think of too many Chinese-speaking actresses who are even close to being that skilled. :D I don't know how she pulls it off but she does. 

The Bu Ji character is such a lot of fun. On some level she should be annoying but surprisingly she's just a barrel of laughs especially when everyone around her is so darn serious with their various agendas. I'm sure Ariel is a big part of why it works. I like ZBB too. He has a nice smirk which he uses to good effect. There's no doubt he's utterly charmed even if he's putting a show of resisting. :P

There's a nice light-hearted vibe to the show which is a breath of fresh air. Let's hope that continues even if everyone wants to kill BJ. (Sounds like a good alternative title)

• Like 7

11 hours ago, mouse007 said:

I hope so, too.

Or at least have CY appears here and there to see HBQ. Or if they do get separate for a bit, just for like 2 episodes and have them back together.

• Like 2

Although I think this show is very much by the numbers, it does a reasonably decent job with familiar tropes. The bad guy plot isn't hugely complex or something that's meant to keep one on the edge of one's seat. There's nothing wrong with simplicity especially if it's done well. Afterall it is more or less a Cinderella story except of course it's the prince that keeps taking off when he's done playing Zorro. ;)

The prince isn't really a bad guy even if he likes to play up his emotional injuries to his advantage. His indignant son act comes from the same place as his compulsion to play the masked hero. He's a sensitive creature. He wants his pound of flesh but he can't punish his father so he lashes out on the "illegitimate daughter" whose only real sin in the whole situation is her existence.

It occurs to me that there are a lot of angry people in this show. Angry people have difficulty being logical and more often than not they're looking for someone to blame, a target for all that suppressed anger and it feels like BQ (and her mother) is a convenient scapegoat for the wrongs of the previous generation. The biggest culprits are those who are after some treasure (greed)... they started a chain of events which has resulted in a lot of heartache and murderous anger. All the meditation and prayers in the world can't seem to overcome all the angst.

I'm waiting for the time when all the plotting and scheming will throw light on why BQ's mother was at the centre of so much attention. She was the real pawn and victim in all of this. Although it is realistic, all the rationalizing of why people do this and that means that they don't take responsibility for the terrible things they do to achieve their aims: Bullying, poisoning etc.There might be justification for past resentments but I draw the line when innocent bystanders get dragged into the fray.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Insightful 1

13 hours ago, smoua said:

I think that's episode 28, or at least will occur in the episodes this week. 

I can't wait for the new episodes. I am eager to see how Chen Yu's character will evolve as well since he's made it clear he doesn't want the throne. He gives the impression that he is shallow by pretending to be a playboy but the fact that he goes out as Black Lotus Robe Knight helping people and investigating wrongs means that there's more to him.

4 hours ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

It occurs to me that there are a lot of angry people in this show. Angry people have difficulty being logical and more often than not they're looking for someone to blame, a target for all that suppressed anger and it feels like BQ (and her mother) is a convenient scapegoat for the wrongs of the previous generation. The biggest culprits are those who are after some treasure (greed)... they started a chain of events which has resulted in a lot of heartache and murderous anger. All the meditation and prayers in the world can't seem to overcome all the angst.

I'm waiting for the time when all the plotting and scheming will throw light on why BQ's mother was at the centre of so much attention. She was the real pawn and victim in all of this. Although it is realistic, all the rationalizing of why people do this and that means that they don't take responsibility for the terrible things they do to achieve their aims: Bullying, poisoning etc.There might be justification for past resentments but I draw the line when innocent bystanders get dragged into the fray.

I don't know how realistic it is for some people to go to the lengths they have gone to. My biggest gripe with this drama is Mo Roufei's mother and her BS. I could sort of understand where she's coming from if Buqi's mother actually seduced the woman's husband and he was a cheater—this is of course ignoring the fact that historically, these guys had multiple wives and concubines, but that's another conversation.

But the woman straight up knows and says that her husband got drunk and forced himself onto this other woman. The reaching and lack of logic to blame the rape-victim's daughter is just . . . It's bad writing. I'm not saying that this couldn't happen, I'm saying that most people don't sit around for 15-20 years stewing in anger at a woman because their husband raped her. They don't try to poison and kill the product of that rape. It's very unrealistic. 

I feel like the writer could have easily made this something more believable. Maybe they were in love and he planned to abandon his family and run off with Buqi's mom because she was in danger. He could have preferred to live the life of a beggar like Uncle Jiu with Buqi and her mom, rather than retain his luxurious lifestyle with his current wife after promising to love her forever. If Buqi was the physical manifestation of her husband choosing to leave her, I think that would make more sense, than Buqi being the result of her husband just being a terrible person.

btw, do we know if Buqi's mom ever had someone she actually loved? I think I remember that she loved the prince until she found out he was using her, but is that it?

• Like 2

On 2/2/2019 at 10:55 PM, crackaddict said:

Interesting. Sorry I cut your message. I'm afraid I don't have any insight into the casting choices behind the scenes. In regards to shipping two characters, I actually think this is not uncommon for male characters and way less common (but not unheard of) for female characters (notice a lotta bad writing around most female roles in dramas of the same genre). I guess what I mean to say is shipping will happen regardless of the gender identities of the characters. 

I've just been treating the character of MRF as a man. As that is, shipping him and HBQ together, doesn't seem strange to me (but I don't, in my heart, MRF is mine lol). I haven't characterized MRF as the second male lead in my head because there only seems to be platonic and sibling feelings btwn MRF and HBQ. As for the actual second male lead, I don't like him lol. He's prob the least charming male character for me right now unless somebody wants to convince me otherwise.

I like that MRF doesn't seem to have any romantic feelings for HBQ actually. So, I also hope he remains the same and sticks around. It's interesting that MRF thinks he's just a foster brother, but tries to treat HBQ like a sister. While CY thinks he was the real brother, but falls in love with HBQ. :rolleyes:

Right now, after MRF, my favorite male characters are Jiu Shu (so handsome, so tragic) and Grandpa (oddly goofy despite losing two kids) lol. 

I really glad that Buqi and Roufei have a sibling relationship too. I have to say that I'm totally guilty of shipping the men together in dramas on occasion, but never done it with girls. TBH, I was 100% shipping Roufei and that lady assassin Qingyan(pretty sure it was Qingyan and not Qingwu). I want them to have beautiful babies together and I was so heartbroken with their last scene. :cry:

• LOL 2

Episode 18... finally! This show just gets better and better. The storytelling is undoubtedly one of its strengths. What is also surprising is how cluey most people are in this show. They catch on quick... they know they're being manipulated but they don't sit around waiting for a solution to fall from the sky. Generally they act fairly consistently and the deal making that goes on fits.

Aside from the fact that for BQ, it was something of an escape (or perhaps more accurately, a reprieve), for Chen Yu it was a fake death that had to happen... a wake up call to rouse him to the exact nature of his feelings for BQ. For a really smart kid, he was a complete dill in this regard. Even his right hand man knew how he really felt but he was in complete denial ;) . I chalk it up to inexperience regarding matters of the heart. He was so set on his resentment that he buried his feelings. But as he mourns for BQ and what he thinks could never be... he is stripped bare... and brought to his knees. The writing there as the words tumbled out of his mouth in quick succession was very good. The self-awareness, the guilt, self-recrimination and agony... all encapsulated in just a few short lines.

All that aside ZBB was fantastic in his outpouring of grief. His voice, his smiles and his smirk... has me continually turning my thoughts to the wonderful Billy Zane. I always thought he was someone to look out for since Pretty Huizhen and he's proven me right. I didn't watch his previous two outings because neither of them were of interest to me and sounds like I didn't miss much. But I'm glad I'm watching IWNLYG because at least it feels like something properly thought through and put together.

13 hours ago, Sophia Dreith said:

I don't know how realistic it is for some people to go to the lengths they have gone to. My biggest gripe with this drama is Mo Roufei's mother and her BS. I could sort of understand where she's coming from if Buqi's mother actually seduced the woman's husband and he was a cheater—this is of course ignoring the fact that historically, these guys had multiple wives and concubines, but that's another conversation.

But the woman straight up knows and says that her husband got drunk and forced himself onto this other woman. The reaching and lack of logic to blame the rape-victim's daughter is just . . . It's bad writing. I'm not saying that this couldn't happen, I'm saying that most people don't sit around for 15-20 years stewing in anger at a woman because their husband raped her. They don't try to poison and kill the product of that rape. It's very unrealistic. 

I feel like the writer could have easily made this something more believable. Maybe they were in love and he planned to abandon his family and run off with Buqi's mom because she was in danger. He could have preferred to live the life of a beggar like Uncle Jiu with Buqi and her mom, rather than retain his luxurious lifestyle with his current wife after promising to love her forever. If Buqi was the physical manifestation of her husband choosing to leave her, I think that would make more sense, than Buqi being the result of her husband just being a terrible person.

btw, do we know if Buqi's mom ever had someone she actually loved? I think I remember that she loved the prince until she found out he was using her, but is that it?

It is realistic insofar as people do stew over long periods of time and allow resentments to fester. ;) They might not murder because they don't have the power or the resources to act particularly with the social or legal restraints around them. But if those restraints don't exist... all bets are off. She  epitomizes the victimhood mindset perfectly I would have thought. Like everyone who frames their issues entirely around victim vs oppressor, that's her worldview. She paints herself as the perpetual victim. Never taking responsibility for her own crimes because in her mind she is justified in lashing out because she is the victim. In her mind everything that happens to her is calculated to make life torture for her as if everything revolves around her existence. Of course the poisoning and the burning of the Xue mansion is for (melo)dramatic effect but I think the show does a reasonable job of showing how a person with those sort of blinkers think and feel. The woman always had a delusional streak of some sort anyway... she believed that her husband actually married her for love and her beauty even when he admitted that he really married her for her family's name and resources. I suppose for her accepting that she had been used and been idiotic is more terrifying than blaming others for her woes.The worst part and most disappointing part for me is that her son (or daughter) covers it all up. But then MRF is all about family pride first. Wait till he/she finds out his/her blood relationship with BQ.

Almost all of the "villainous" characters (I include the 7th Prince in the mix) see themselves as victims and justify their criminal activities/prevarication through their victimhood status. I'm not saying they don't have any cause to be angry on some level but when individuals appoint themselves judge, jury and executioner... chaos ensues.

In stark contrast we have BQ who has from our modern perspective every reason to think of herself as a victim but she seldom does. Her mother was raped and she was the product of that. She's lived largely in ignorance of her own background dodging assassins from birth. She was lied to about her parentage and bore the brunt of her "sibling's" resentment in a situation outside her control. She wears her early poverty almost as a badge of honour and makes the best of any situation despite her inner urgings for a carefree existence.

• Like 7
  • Insightful 2

For those who can’t read what’s written on each pic: (I had to share because it’s just so sweeeet haha)

1. Where are you going in spring? No where, always in your heart.

2. Even if firecrackers on 30th’s night are loud enough, it can’t be louder than me thinking of you (there’s a play on words because the word loud 响 is pronounced the same as 想 think)

I can’t translate properly the last two ones lmao because my English is so limited sorrrrrry.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

17 minutes ago, ayleenlovesyou said:

For those who can’t read what’s written on each pic: (I had to share because it’s just so sweeeet haha)

1. Where are you going in spring? No where, always in your heart.

2. Even if firecrackers on 30th’s night are loud enough, it can’t be louder than me thinking of you (there’s a play on words because the word loud 响 is pronounced the same as 想 think)

I can’t translate properly the last two ones lmao because my English is so limited sorrrrrry.

come i help you lols :D

3. 2019 meet the right person, who love & care for you as much as I do.

4. Are you scare of trouble? No. Then I shall trouble you to be mine from now on. :D

Damn.....it not yet Valentines but they are giving us sweet :D 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 6

Loving the new posters :)  They looked so damn good!!  

And yes, reunion on the street today!!! 

PS: I am re-watching Legend of Condor Heroes atm, watching a younger Ariel with HuGe. 

• Like 1