Quantcast
sugarplum892

[Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] I Will Never Let You Go / Legend of Huo Buo 小女花不弃

4 hours ago, turtle0217 said:

Saw this on instagram and hopefully they'll reunite by the end of this week episodes, so we can jump into more other things. Soo excited to see what'll happen next.

Reveal hidden contents

CR to instagram owner.

The captions say it's from Episode 28 and, if that's the case, then those watching the VIP episodes won't see it until Tuesday (as this week's episodes will end on Episode 27), and those watching the regular episodes won't see it until next Thursday (if I've counted correctly).  :wacko:

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

30 minutes ago, themarchioness said:

The captions say it's from Episode 28 and, if that's the case, then those watching the VIP episodes won't see it until Tuesday (as this week's episodes will end on Episode 27), and those watching the regular episodes won't see it until next Thursday (if I've counted correctly).  :wacko:

Looking forward, they were so adorable.  

9 hours ago, themarchioness said:

I know.  I really like MRF's character.  I think we can tell a lot about a person's character by looking at the way they treat the people around them, and what has always stood out to me about MRF is the fair and just ways he deals with his employees (such as when he found his kitchen head abusing his position of power to sexually harass Qing Wu (or was it Qing Yan who was undercover at Mo Manor - gah, I can never remember which is which, but y'all know who I'm talking about :P).  I could also feel his sincerity whenever he interacted with BQ.  For example, he looked genuinely happy to welcome her back for a visit after she went to stay with the Seventh Prince, and he was always so excited to see her.  

But I think it's all those things that also make it especially hard to see the ultimate decision that he makes with respect to BQ, once he finds her poisoned, and it'd be a lie if I didn't say that he lost a liiiiitle bit of shine with me after that.  On the one hand, I get it.  He knows his mother is responsible and it's his mother - also, he probably figured BQ  would die regardless, so why not protect his mother?  But on the other hand, his mother is a horrible, vengeful person and does not deserve his protection, LOL.  But she's not my mother and so, of course, I can say something like that very easily. 

MRF was in a hard, hard place.  I get that.  And I can understand it, even if I don't like it.  His saving grace, probably, was the fact that he did look genuinely anguished and apologetic over his decision.  I think BQ also understood that about him and, if she can forgive him, I suppose I can too.  ;) 

@themarchioness exactly how I feel about MRF. I guess it shouldn't surprise me that MRF chose to sweep things under the rug for his mother's sake because really, his whole intention of brining BQ to the capital to begin with was to gain favour with the seventh prince. He knew that his mother was responsible for Xui Fei's death and he'd been hoping that by bringing BQ to the prince, that the MO family would gain the backing they need in the business world and also atone for his mother's sins. Too bad, his mother just dug a deeper hole for herself. 

Thank you @turtle0217 for the previews!

Does anyone understand what is being said between BQ and CY when they meet again?

• Like 5

Behind the scenes

She got so tired from acting the scenes after knowing CY is LYK.  After it, she went straight to the bed :D  Too cute.

• Like 2
  • LOL 3

^^haha Ariel is an ugly crier...but aren't we all in real life? Watching the final version of this scene, I could really feel how devastated she was though. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mouse007 said:

@themarchioness exactly how I feel about MRF. I guess it shouldn't surprise me that MRF chose to sweep things under the rug for his mother's sake because really, his whole intention of brining BQ to the capital to begin with was to gain favour with the seventh prince. He knew that his mother was responsible for Xui Fei's death and he'd been hoping that by bringing BQ to the prince, that the MO family would gain the backing they need in the business world and also atone for his mother's sins. Too bad, his mother just dug a deeper hole for herself. 

Thank you @turtle0217 for the previews!

Does anyone understand what is being said between BQ and CY when they meet again?

In the comment section of the YouTube video from @chisaholly, there is translation from another viewer. 

• Like 1

To add to @crackaddict ‘s post on the difficult position that MRF is in, he is not only protecting his Mother but the entire Mo family. Imagine what Qi Wang Ye will do if it is revealed that BQ died in the hands of MRF’s Mother. The entire Mo extended Family will probably be executed and the employees, servants etc, sold off as slaves. MRF is responsible for the business and many people’s livelihood. And since there is no antidote to save BQ, rationally speaking, there is no point sacrificing more lives. It won’t bring her back to life anyway.

Looks like MRF’s story arc has ended? So we won’t be seeing him anymore.  Aawww ... anyway, the drama has introduced a new actress to look out for in future dramas.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Nice to see Bin2 not paired with Reba for once LoL!:P

Ariel's real cute here^_^ and her scenes with Bin2 are hilarious. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 3

The best part of working from home today?  Getting to watch an ep while on my lunch break.  :lol:

I watched Episode 24, which I'm definitely going to have to rewatch later when subs are available, but this was the gist of the episode:

Spoiler

The episode opens where Episode 23 left off, so we see BQ sitting down to lunch with DFS.  At a certain point, DFS's bodyguard calls DFS away to share that the aunties have caught wind that they're having lunch together at the restaurant and want to come for a visit.  He instructs his bodyguard to block them at all cost.  Seems DFS has taken a shine to BQ, so he's got his own plans for her.  Inside the private dining room, BQ wonders with her own bodyguard why DFS would want to have lunch with her.  Xiao Xia (I can't bring myself to call her Little Shrimp or Shrimpy, as the subtitles do) suggests that maybe he's interested in her, but BQ wonders if it's her or her position as the Zhu Family granddaughter that he likes.  

Back in the capital, CY brings another doctor to examine his ailing his father.  The doctor finds an abnormality in his blood circulation and I think they suspect it might have something to do with Liu Ming Yue?  The doctor shares he can try some form of radical treatment but even if it's successful it's likely the Seventh Prince will be bedridden even if he does gain two more years of life out of it.  CY wants to try it, but the Seventh Prince sends the doctor away and calls his son over for a chat.  He tells CY that he doesn't want the procedure, and as he shares the plans he has for his son instead, CY interrupts his father to tell him he already has someone he loves.  The Seventh Prince guesses it's BQ, and CY confirms it by sharing she's not his father's daughter and confessing that he suspects she is still alive and is in the process of trying to find her.  The Seventh Prince admits he knows she's not his daughter and is thrilled to hear she may be alive.  It's then that he finally shares all the history and background about Biluotian with CY, along with the ambitions he had for when he found the treasures/power it contained.  If I understood him correctly he was motivated to usurp the throne by the fact that he doesn't think the current emperor is doing as good a job of leading the country as his father, and thinks he could do better.  Ah Fu, his right hand man, it turns out is one of Biluotian's people and knowing how the Seventh Prince felt, agreed to help him.  

To say CY is shocked by all this news is an understatement.  There's growing horror as he realizes Xue Fei was just a pawn in his machinations and that his own mother also died for his ambitions, and not some sort of grand love for Xue Fei.  To the Seventh Prince's credit (if we can give him any) it does sound like he had affection for Xue Fei, but his ambitions for the greater good were greater than his personal desires and so he feels Xue Fei's outcome is just a part of her fate.  CY is not willing to allow BQ suffer the same fate and he leaves his father, calling for the people he's sent out to find her to be brought back, with the exception of his most trusted servant.  He then tries to destruct that stone ball that his father has in his secret lair, but it can't be shattered by his sword.  He tells it that he'll instead throw it into the waters so that it can never be found and vows to protect BQ.

The remainder of the episode is focused on Liu Ming Yue and her journey to Biluotian with the Seventh Prince's people.  It's part of  that earlier bargain that she struck with the Seventh Prince and she is working with the Mysterious Man in the background to try and shake off the Seventh Prince's men.  She does finally succeed in poisoning them, but she herself ends up getting poisoned one night when one of Qing Wu's people (i think) cleverly feeds her poison by hiding in the rafters of wherever it is she's sleeping and dripping it down a piece of string over her mouth while she sleeps.  Meanwhile, in addition to the men who traveled with Liu Ming Yue, Ah Fu has also been trailing her with two people.  He sends one back with news when he spies Liu Ming Yue poisoning the others, but presses on with the other until they find a secret place.  When Ah Fu unlocks a secret drawer inside, revealing the other half of the map, it sets off all these booby traps inside.  He manages to escape unscathed but the other person isn't so lucky, as he takes a dart to the leg.  The other person tells Ah Fu to leave him behind and when the Mysterious Man inevitably finds him (the wounded guy), he manages to give him a stomach wound.  But the Mysterious Man kills him instead.  

Episode ends.

It was kind of a thrilling episode and my heart was racing towards the end, LOL.  Now I have to somehow find a way to control my giddy excitement so I can focus back on work. . . :P  

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Thanks 2

Is the actor Austin Lin very popular? He doesn't really look good in ancient clothes to me, but seems like he has a good body for modern clothing. 

7 hours ago, themarchioness said:

Aww... That sucks. 

It's okay, at least it's coming and we know it's coming.

2 hours ago, Latte_Anyday said:

Nice to see Bin2 not paired with Reba for once LoL!:P

Ariel's real cute here^_^ and her scenes with Bin2 are hilarious. 

I know! Most of his dramas that I've seen, he's always paired up with Diliraba and it's like "Is he every going to act in another drama not with her?" Also he never gets the girl, so i'm like "He better get the girl in this one." Lol! :lol:

I haven't watched the raw episodes yet, but just seeing clips and clips. DFS is slowly making his appearance and honestly, I think he's a good guy, he just entangled into a love triangle.

I'm confused is DFS a good doctor, is that why CY was trying to find him to cure his father? From the looks of it, it looks to me that DFS is a good doctor that can cure multiple illness.

12 minutes ago, turtle0217 said:

I'm confused is DFS a good doctor, is that why CY was trying to find him to cure his father? From the looks of it, it looks to me that DFS is a good doctor that can cure multiple illness.

Yes.  

Spoiler

The first time we meet him, Zhu Fu has gone to the local doctor's office to see if there's anybody there who can help save BQ because they were having trouble getting the poison out of her.  In the midst of his conversation with the local physicians, a man brought in his wife.  She'd been bitten by a snake and was pregnant.  The local physicians didn't think there was anything that could be done for the wife or the unborn baby, and then DFS walked in.  He heard the predicament and immediately proclaimed he could help by operating on the wife.  Of course everyone was suspicious as he wouldn't share his credentials, but just snatched up the wife's body and went on his way.  In the end, he saved the baby and all was well.  After witnessing that, Zhu Fu asked him to treat BQ, but he declined.  That's when they had Xiao Xia bring him over by any necessary means, LOL.  Looks like he travels around, which is why it's hard to find him, but he comes with a reputation of being a doctor with some amazing skills.  

• Thanks 2

49 minutes ago, ayleenlovesyou said:
  Hide contents

OMG WTF SO QI WANG YE’S RIGHT HAND MAN WORKS FOR THE KING? OMGGGGGGG. I just started watching episode 25.

Ugh. I was afraid of this.

Spoiler

I"m not surprised though.  We've already seen twice where a relationship was hinted at between the Emperor and the Seventh Prince's right hand man.  The first was when he walked through town and stopped to talk to a merchant, but secretly passed over a note.  The next scene was the Emperor receiving a note and reading it.  I think in that one it was telling the Emperor that CY had no aspirations for the same thing as his father hoped for him, or something like that.  I can't quite recall.  The second was after the Seventh Prince recovered with the help Liu MIng Yue.  The emperor was delivered a note telling him that the Seventh Prince had woken up, and it was suggested that the note came from Ah Fu.  

I was kind of hoping the drama was trying to give us a red herring by cutting its scenes like that, to give us the impression that one was working for the other, but nope.  I guess not.  Sigh.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

@themarchioness thank you for the recap of ep 24!

I am glad that CY is now aware of his father's plans and knows the threat to BQ that Biluotian poses so he is able to protect her. I did watch the raw versions of ep 25-26 and it looks like the emperor talks to CY but I do not know what about. I wonder if CY ends up helping the emperor look for Biluotian instead.

• Like 1

Ah, finished watching Episode 25, and feeling better about the Seventh Prince's right-hand man.

Spoiler

Ah Fu's sister is being held captive by the Emperor, so he didn't have a choice but to be his spy.  I was relieved to see his genuine worry and concern for CY.  That was my biggest concern if Ah Fu was the Emperor's spy.  I was afraid that might mean the relationship was all fake on Ah Fu's part, whereas I know how much CY idolizes him.  But it turns out that's not the case.  But I'm getting ahead of myself.

The Seventh Prince passes away, but not before receiving a visit from the Emperor.  To the Emperor's surprise, I think, the Seventh Prince admits that he once coveted the throne.  But he lies (and I think the Emperor knows it too) that he gave up any aspirations for the throne long ago and has been happy to serve the Emperor.  He asks the Emperor for a favor, which is to send CY away as he doesn't think his son would be happy cooped up at the royal court.  The Emperor promises to give CY, his nephew, a manor and then when the Seventh Prince passes on, he announces to everyone that CY is to be the lord of Dong Ping and he is to set off without delay.

Of course he doesn't leave immediately, there are preparations to be made.  During this time, the Emperor asks to see him secretly at night.  He asks if CY is upset by his post to Dong Ping -- apparently, it is a pretty rundown, rural area.  When CY says he's not, the Emperor shares that although he knows everything thinks of this dispatch as a punishment, he actually has a separate reason for sending CY  there.  It is close to Ming Yue Clan's home base and before his death, the Seventh Prince indicated there was a connection between MIng Yue and Biluotian.  The Emperor asks him to help investigate this matter.  The Emperor also shares that the Seventh Prince told him he'd given CY something related to the Biluotian, and he wonders what that is.  CY is equally stumped and thinks the Emperor must have misheard because his father has never given him anything.  Anyone one to take bets that the Seventh Prince was referring to BQ?? ;)  Anyway, CY agrees to the Emperor's command and leaves, but on his way out, the Emperor tells his servant to send someone to follow CY at all times, and if there's any indication of him going rogue, they're to kill him immediately.  Trust only gets you so far when you're part of the royal family.   :P 

While CY is visiting with the Emperor, his two friends come to visit.  They end up drinking and gossiping after CY returns home. It's at that time that his best friend who had traveled with him to Suzhou mentions that the granddaughter of the Zhu family is called "Hua Hua" and has really bright eyes.  The description startles CY as he wonders if it might be . . . his best friend interrupts his thoughts to ask what he's thinking, and CY demurs. But after his friends are passed out, he wonders if "Hua Hua" stands for "Hua Bu Qi."  He aso thinks back to the day that he stepped in as LYK to help out on the street.  It turns out he did see BQ hide behind the pole, but not her face, and he thinks to himself the body build is similar.  Finally, he remembers his friend telling him about how the young lady had wanted to meet LYK.  In the sweetest outburst of joy, he wonders if it was her looking for her.  Awww.... and then he too passes out drunk, LOL.

The next morning, he's woken up by Ah Fu where they have a heart to heart talk.  Ah Fu both confesses and explains his role as the Emperor's spy.  He reassures he never harmed the Seventh Prince or the family, and that his spying was limited to matters relating to the Biluotian.  His only ambition is to be able to return there with his sister and then never leave again.  CY also shares that he still has no ambition for the throne and his only desire is to complete the task the Emperor has given him, and then  find BQ so they can live the rest of their lives peacefully together.  Ah Fu is happy to hear that CY thinks this way.  They agree to work together, although there is recognition that as they set out on their separate paths they may never see each other again -- what a sad though, I hope that's not the case.  And above all, I hope Ah Fu survives what I'm beginning to think of as the last battle!

Meanwhile, back in Suzhou, BQ and her people also receive news of the Seventh Prince's passing.  Of course she asks if there's news of CY, and she's distressed to hear that he's being sent to live in some rundown/primitive place.  She suggests the Zhu Manor send over some medicine for him to take with him.  When his underlings wonder if that's a good idea -- after all, everyone thinks this is a punishment on the part of the Emperor, so do they want to side with the wrong party -- BQ counters that it's a great idea.  He's headed for an underdeveloped place, but it won't be underdeveloped forever, and if they build a relationship with CY now, then their stores will be the first place they look to for resources when they start to build and develop.  Her underlings think this is a smart and clever idea and immediately obey.

On the day of CY's departure, the Zhu Family servant delivers their gift.  In addition to jars of medicine, there's also money hidden underneath.  Later, as CY is riding in the carriage with his trusted servant, his servant puzzles over the gift.  He points out that since everybody assumed CY was being punished, they stayed far away.  But the Zhu Family not only didn't stay away, they brought gifts which included quite a sum of money.  The servant wonders what they must be thinking.  CY just smiles and says there's no need to wonder.  They can just go to Suzhou and ask them directly.

YAAAAAAAAAAAAS.  YOU GUYYYYYYYSSSSS.  CY is on his way back to Suzhou . . . and BQ!  LOL.  Even if it doesn't happen in tomorrow's two episodes, I'm already excited at the thought of their reunion.  Hee hee.

P.S. @crackaddict I actually loved Ariel's crying in that scene.  Haha.  Its ugliness is what made it feel that much more real -- I could really feel her grief.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4

2 hours ago, themarchioness said:

Ugh. I was afraid of this.

Reveal hidden contents

I"m not surprised though.  We've already seen twice where a relationship was hinted at between the Emperor and the Seventh Prince's right hand man.  The first was when he walked through town and stopped to talk to a merchant, but secretly passed over a note.  The next scene was the Emperor receiving a note and reading it.  I think in that one it was telling the Emperor that CY had no aspirations for the same thing as his father hoped for him, or something like that.  I can't quite recall.  The second was after the Seventh Prince recovered with the help Liu MIng Yue.  The emperor was delivered a note telling him that the Seventh Prince had woken up, and it was suggested that the note came from Ah Fu.  

I was kind of hoping the drama was trying to give us a red herring by cutting its scenes like that, to give us the impression that one was working for the other, but nope.  I guess not.  Sigh.

I knew something was up!

The emperor is up to no good, too. That's probably why he sends CY away after his father passes. 

• Like 2

@themarchioness I'm so thankful for all of your recaps! I am so glad CY is smart enough to recognize BQ even when he can't see her. He knows her features well enough to know when it's her. BQ is so smart to send over gifts upon hearing of CY's assignment. Because of this act, it is reaffirming CY's suspicion that BQ must be Hua Hua. I cannot wait for them to meet again!

I am relieved that Ah Fu doesn't seem all that bad if he's confessed to CY. I do think he's been forced to help the emperor because of his sister but I do believe him when he says he didn't kill seventh prince nor did he do any real harm. I hope that both CY and Ah Fu turn out okay after all of this. He is like a father to CY and would hate for him to turn evil.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, themarchioness said:

Ah, finished watching Episode 25, and feeling better about the Seventh Prince's right-hand man.

Reveal hidden contents

Ah Fu's sister is being held captive by the Emperor, so he didn't have a choice but to be his spy.  I was relieved to see his genuine worry and concern for CY.  That was my biggest concern if Ah Fu was the Emperor's spy.  I was afraid that might mean the relationship was all fake on Ah Fu's part, whereas I know how much CY idolizes him.  But it turns out that's not the case.  But I'm getting ahead of myself.

The Seventh Prince passes away, but not before receiving a visit from the Emperor.  To the Emperor's surprise, I think, the Seventh Prince admits that he once coveted the throne.  But he lies (and I think the Emperor knows it too) that he gave up any aspirations for the throne long ago and has been happy to serve the Emperor.  He asks the Emperor for a favor, which is to send CY away as he doesn't think his son would be happy cooped up at the royal court.  The Emperor promises to give CY, his nephew, a manor and then when the Seventh Prince passes on, he announces to everyone that CY is to be the lord of Dong Ping and he is to set off without delay.

Of course he doesn't leave immediately, there are preparations to be made.  During this time, the Emperor asks to see him secretly at night.  He asks if CY is upset by his post to Dong Ping -- apparently, it is a pretty rundown, rural area.  When CY says he's not, the Emperor shares that although he knows everything thinks of this dispatch as a punishment, he actually has a separate reason for sending CY  there.  It is close to Ming Yue Clan's home base and before his death, the Seventh Prince indicated there was a connection between MIng Yue and Biluotian.  The Emperor asks him to help investigate this matter.  The Emperor also shares that the Seventh Prince told him he'd given CY something related to the Biluotian, and he wonders what that is.  CY is equally stumped and thinks the Emperor must have misheard because his father has never given him anything.  Anyone one to take bets that the Seventh Prince was referring to BQ?? ;)  Anyway, CY agrees to the Emperor's command and leaves, but on his way out, the Emperor tells his servant to send someone to follow CY at all times, and if there's any indication of him going rogue, they're to kill him immediately.  Trust only gets you so far when you're part of the royal family.   :P 

While CY is visiting with the Emperor, his two friends come to visit.  They end up drinking and gossiping after CY returns home. It's at that time that his best friend who had traveled with him to Suzhou mentions that the granddaughter of the Zhu family is called "Hua Hua" and has really bright eyes.  The description startles CY as he wonders if it might be . . . his best friend interrupts his thoughts to ask what he's thinking, and CY demurs. But after his friends are passed out, he wonders if "Hua Hua" stands for "Hua Bu Qi."  He aso thinks back to the day that he stepped in as LYK to help out on the street.  It turns out he did see BQ hide behind the pole, but not her face, and he thinks to himself the body build is similar.  Finally, he remembers his friend telling him about how the young lady had wanted to meet LYK.  In the sweetest outburst of joy, he wonders if it was her looking for her.  Awww.... and then he too passes out drunk, LOL.

The next morning, he's woken up by Ah Fu where they have a heart to heart talk.  Ah Fu both confesses and explains his role as the Emperor's spy.  He reassures he never harmed the Seventh Prince or the family, and that his spying was limited to matters relating to the Biluotian.  His only ambition is to be able to return there with his sister and then never leave again.  CY also shares that he still has no ambition for the throne and his only desire is to complete the task the Emperor has given him, and then  find BQ so they can live the rest of their lives peacefully together.  Ah Fu is happy to hear that CY thinks this way.  They agree to work together, although there is recognition that as they set out on their separate paths they may never see each other again -- what a sad though, I hope that's not the case.  And above all, I hope Ah Fu survives what I'm beginning to think of as the last battle!

Meanwhile, back in Suzhou, BQ and her people also receive news of the Seventh Prince's passing.  Of course she asks if there's news of CY, and she's distressed to hear that he's being sent to live in some rundown/primitive place.  She suggests the Zhu Manor send over some medicine for him to take with him.  When his underlings wonder if that's a good idea -- after all, everyone thinks this is a punishment on the part of the Emperor, so do they want to side with the wrong party -- BQ counters that it's a great idea.  He's headed for an underdeveloped place, but it won't be underdeveloped forever, and if they build a relationship with CY now, then their stores will be the first place they look to for resources when they start to build and develop.  Her underlings think this is a smart and clever idea and immediately obey.

On the day of CY's departure, the Zhu Family servant delivers their gift.  In addition to jars of medicine, there's also money hidden underneath.  Later, as CY is riding in the carriage with his trusted servant, his servant puzzles over the gift.  He points out that since everybody assumed CY was being punished, they stayed far away.  But the Zhu Family not only didn't stay away, they brought gifts which included quite a sum of money.  The servant wonders what they must be thinking.  CY just smiles and says there's no need to wonder.  They can just go to Suzhou and ask them directly.

YAAAAAAAAAAAAS.  YOU GUYYYYYYYSSSSS.  CY is on his way back to Suzhou . . . and BQ!  LOL.  Even if it doesn't happen in tomorrow's two episodes, I'm already excited at the thought of their reunion.  Hee hee.

P.S. @crackaddict I actually loved Ariel's crying in that scene.  Haha.  Its ugliness is what made it feel that much more real -- I could really feel her grief.  

Great recap! I love the ending of 25 when CY suspects that HBQ sent the gifts...his comments! :)

• Like 1