[Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] I Will Never Let You Go / Legend of Huo Buo 小女花不弃

sugarplum892

1 hour ago, angelangie said:

yes she doesnt age at all.....times just kinda stop on her lols

How true?!?! She still could pass off as a high school student. Heck she could even reprise her role as Xiang Qin if they are going to make the millionth remake of It started with a kiss. Lol. She looks so beautiful in this drama though. I have never seen her in a costume drama before, she looks ethereal. Even all those dirty rags couldn't mask her beauty. Hehe. 

46 minutes ago, angelangie said:

anyone in love with Vin yet?

Me!!!! I have been in love with him since forever. Lol. Really love him here. He gives off a very cool vibe. Reminds me of healer JCW. Haha. 

I love that they have used their real voices. It definitely adds character to their roles. 

• Replies 987
  • Created
  • Last Reply
46 minutes ago, angelangie said:

anyone in love with Vin yet? :D

YEEEEEEEES! I loved him since TMOPB and then wait which one oh yeah The Flame’s Daughter! The only drama I kinda couldn’t watch is The King’s Woman even tho I like both leads, I just didn’t get into the storyline I guess...

17 minutes ago, kokodus said:

Reminds me of healer JCW

LMAO HOW COME WE LIKE THE SAME GUYS HAHAHAHA! I WAS SO FKING IN LOVE W/ HIM IN HEALER BUT THEN IN K2 OMG. He’s like the hottest man alive right after LMH.

6 minutes ago, Helene Tian said:

YEEEEEEEES! I loved him since TMOPB and then wait which one oh yeah The Flame’s Daughter! The only drama I kinda couldn’t watch is The King’s Woman even tho I like both leads, I just didn’t get into the storyline I guess...

LMAO HOW COME WE LIKE THE SAME GUYS HAHAHAHA! I WAS SO FKING IN LOVE W/ HIM IN HEALER BUT THEN IN K2 OMG. He’s like the hottest man alive right after LMH.

Omg did you really just mention LMH right now?!?!! GAAHHHHHH. He is first kdrama crush. I love him more than anyone else in the dramaland. Gosh we truly are kindred spirits. LOL. 

13 hours ago, kokodus said:

Are you me?!?! LOL I do the same. In fact while I'm typing this I have another tab open with a random ep of AOL on. LOL. I was actually on a great mood today after seeing Deng Lun and Yang Zi on a awards show together. 

Ok ok went off topic there, sorry, but anyways, I have watched till 3rd ep and I'm wondering about what is going on in Chen Yu's head. He clearly don't want to take her to his father, but he was sooooooo looking forward to take her to the capital. LOL. What is he thinking?!? Tsk tsk. Ariel Lin looks absolutely beautiful in this show. It's like she hasn't aged a bit since It started with a kiss days. Hehe. 

Lol! It's a great drama and I hope this one will be a great one, too.

It's hilarious that Chen Yu don't want to take Bu Qi to his father, but he can't stop being around/helping her. Lol.

And yes, I agree, Ariel Lin has not aged at all. I am shocked that she still looks the same.

12 hours ago, Helene Tian said:

OMGGGG the last fantasy drama that I couldn't forget was Ashes Of Love also, I was wondering how long I had to wait until I find something decent and it seems like this one is on the right way :wub:

ALSO whaaaat? Which drama is on Netflix? I went on it and I didn't find any of both!

I couldn't find Ashes Of Love on Netflix...

What? MY BABY DENG LUN? WHERE HAHA

It's on Netflix. The search title is "Ashes of Love"

But that's kind of weird that you can't find it. Well, I think it's in some countries, like in the UK they have tons of Kdrama on Netflix, but here in the US, I have tons of Cdrama on Netflix and it's slow on Kdrama.

1 hour ago, turtle0217 said:

Lol! It's a great drama and I hope this one will be a great one, too.

It's hilarious that Chen Yu don't want to take Bu Qi to his father, but he can't stop being around/helping her. Lol.

And yes, I agree, Ariel Lin has not aged at all. I am shocked that she still looks the same.

It's on Netflix. The search title is "Ashes of Love"

But that's kind of weird that you can't find it. Well, I think it's in some countries, like in the UK they have tons of Kdrama on Netflix, but here in the US, I have tons of Cdrama on Netflix and it's slow on Kdrama.

I agree. Kdrama collection in Netflix is very limited on the other hand they are getting more and more C dramas. Actually I'm glad because C dramas don't get subbed as much as kdramas. No kdrama goes unsubbed but there are millions of C drama lying poorly being half subbed or without getting subbed for a very long time until some kind soul picks it up. Sigh.

I wouldn't have watched Ashes of love if it was not there on Netflix. Hehe. 

I'm so confused about the story. Watched ep 1 in English but still don't get it.

What's so special about the mother and the HBQ?  Seems all men in power wants them or even kill to have them. Apparently HBQ is not the prince''s blood. So who is the father of HBQ.

Why they want her to enter the Palace? 

Why the women in black are after her and wants to kill her?

In ep 7, master Mo looks like a woman disguised as a man. If he is really a man, then why only the lady of the house (his mom) attend to him whenever he is sick or wounded and no man attend to him, not even his man servant.

Apparently nobody knows that HBQ is not related to the Prince Father by blood. Even the prince tamper with her blood sample to make sure everyone think she is his flesh n blood.

@cheekychipmunk_stv, see my post from yesterday about why HBQ and her mother are so valuable: 

Some people want to send her to the Palace because they believe she truly is the illegitimate daughter of the Seventh Prince.  A reasonable belief given that he has billed her as such for years and made everyone aware that he is looking for her.  By delivering her to the Seventh Prince's doorstep, they believe they will win the Seventh Prince's favor.  Not surprisingly, everyone's looking out for their own interests (including the Seventh Prince).  Poor HBQ is caught in the struggle between . . . literally everyone!

22 hours ago, kokodus said:

Ariel Lin looks absolutely beautiful in this show. It's like she hasn't aged a bit since It started with a kiss days. Hehe. 

My mom and I were saying just this very thing the other day.  It's like she's drunk from the Fountain of Youth.  You can't tell at all that there are 11 years between her and Vin Zhang.  Here's a cute article about Ariel's impressions of Vin Zhang: https://www.jaynestars.com/news/ariel-lins-impression-of-vin-zhang-during-filming-of-legend-of-hua-buqi/

11 minutes ago, themarchioness said:

My mom and I were saying just this very thing the other day.  It's like she's drunk from the Fountain of Youth.  You can't tell at all that there are 11 years between her and Vin Zhang.  Here's a cute article about Ariel's impressions of Vin Zhang: https://www.jaynestars.com/news/ariel-lins-impression-of-vin-zhang-during-filming-of-legend-of-hua-buqi/

Your mom is also watching this drama?! Wait why am I even asking this, she always has an eye for good dramas. Haha. I didn't know that there was a 11 year age gap between them. Gosh, they look almost as they are about the same age, dare I say that Ariel looks younger. LOL. 

7 minutes ago, kokodus said:

Your mom is also watching this drama?! Wait why am I even asking this, she always has an eye for good dramas. Haha. I didn't know that there was a 11 year age gap between them. Gosh, they look almost as they are about the same age, dare I say that Ariel looks younger. LOL. 

Oh, it was hilarious!  She called me the second day after the drama started airing and asked me in this very round about way, "Are you watching anything good these days?"  I told her I was and had thought of her while watching it, and wanted to recommend it.  She asked me for the name and when I identified this drama, she said, "I'm watching it too!"  She had called to recommend it to me as well.  :) Then she went on to tell me how she'd already watched all 8 episodes (all the eps that were available at the time) and asked me how far along I was.  When I told her I had only watched 4, she kept repeating throughout our conversation that she'd watched 8 episodes.  I finally had to point out that some of us have to also work!  :P She didn't want to discuss further with me after that, as I wasn't as far along as she was.  Haha.  

3 hours ago, themarchioness said:

Hahaha! That's a good one. The Fountain of Youth.

3 hours ago, kokodus said:

It's shocking on the 11 year age gap. I literally did not know that she was that old and he was that young, because honestly, bin bin looks a lot over to me. I don't know he just seems mature, that's probably why. Lol.

On 1/12/2019 at 10:12 PM, turtle0217 said:

Hahaha! That's a good one. The Fountain of Youth.

It's shocking on the 11 year age gap. I literally did not know that she was that old and he was that young, because honestly, bin bin looks a lot over to me. I don't know he just seems mature, that's probably why. Lol.

Poor ZBB said people usually don't believe him about his age.  He looks mature even though he was actually the baby of the agency! 

He's actually even younger than Dilireba who he usually gets paired up with in their agency projects. I think also because he is shy and he never used to talk much so he seemed very serious but he is actually really warm and sweet.

I remember he said in an interview a  little while ago he always has to carry his ID with him otherwise people don't believe how young he is.  Actually the interviewer even made him show his ID to prove it! :lol:

Hi everyone! Ariel Lin is back in historical drama land - she totally rocks this genre.

I've currently watched up to episode 6, and I was wondering where on earth is this time travel element? Maybe the fact that she is a goddess means that she has the ability to transcend space and time? 

I'm also loving CY/LYK character and his interaction with HBQ. I think it's going to be hilarious to see CY fall in love with HBQ, who he currently think is his father's illegitimate daughter. 

Just wanted to drop a note to say I enjoyed this drama as well.  Although ep 4 was quite boring but thankfully after that it was quite entertaining.  In terms of quality it's not as good as some recent dramas shown but still okay once we got used to it.

The term "Wang Ye" can be prince or duke.  If it is prince then the person is related to royal family.  If it is duke, then it will be officials that were bestowed to this honorable title.  FYI, even though called duke, this title consists of several ranks like 1st, 2nd, 3rd in feudal China.

50 minutes ago, xXMzSmilesXx said:

I've currently watched up to episode 6, and I was wondering where on earth is this time travel element? Maybe the fact that she is a goddess means that she has the ability to transcend space and time? 

I'm also loving CY/LYK character and his interaction with HBQ. I think it's going to be hilarious to see CY fall in love with HBQ, who he currently think is his father's illegitimate daughter. 

Before the drama aired, I remember it described as having a time travel element to it.  Specifically, that HBQ and Chen Yu were a couple in the modern/present day, that somehow traveled back in time, and when they did, he became a prince's son and she a beggar, and they didn't know each other and had to find their way back together.  I know the drama is based on a book so I can only presume that earlier description came from the book, because that was the only source material that people could rely on to guess at what the drama would be about.  But since the drama's airing, there's been no mention of the time travel aspect and drama descriptions have been updated to exclude it.  My guess then is that when the creators of this drama decided to adapt the book into a drama, they decided to forego that time travel part and focus solely on the historical part of the OTP's story.  Personally, I'm okay with that.  Time travel's never been my favorite genre, and I like the drama as it is.  

Like you, I'm really enjoying the CY/LYK and HBQ interactions and wish I could get a full episode of just the two of them.  Haha.  I know, I know.  Wishful thinking.  ;) 

19 minutes ago, themarchioness said:

Before the drama aired, I remember it described as having a time travel element to it.  Specifically, that HBQ and Chen Yu were a couple in the modern/present day, that somehow traveled back in time, and when they did, he became a prince's son and she a beggar, and they didn't know each other and had to find their way back together.  I know the drama is based on a book so I can only presume that earlier description came from the book, because that was the only source material that they had to guess at what the drama was about.  But since the drama's airing, there's been no mention of the time travel aspect and drama descriptions have been updated to exclude it.  I can only presume then that when they decided to adapt the book into a drama, they decided to forego that part and focus solely on the historical part of the OTP's story.  Personally, I'm okay with that.  Time travel's never been my favorite genre, and I like the drama as it is.  

Like you, I'm really enjoying the CY/LYK and HBQ interactions and wish I could get a full episode of just the two of them.  Haha.  I know, I know.  Wishful thinking.  ;) 

I think they had to remove the time travel aspect due to SARFT restrictions as dramas aired on TV are no longer allowed to show time travel.

@xXMzSmilesXx

On 1/11/2019 at 12:31 AM, turtle0217 said:

I watched the first 3 episodes english subtitles and it was like confusing on the father's title. Like first episode, his people address him as "Prince" when Xue Fei (BuQi's mother) died. Then in episode 2, he was labeled as the Duke, and now Lord. So I'm just confused on the father's title. I'm sticking to him being Lord and Chen Yu as Young Master. It's just some confusing from the english subtitles.

His official title is Qi Wang Ye which I believe translates into 7th Duke. On episode 2, he refers to the current emperor as his brother (huang xiong, royal brother) so he should be the 7th brother of the emperor so officially as a Prince and son of the previous emperor.

I believe his official rank is first prince. I can't really tell which dynasty this is taking place in. The titles may differ depending on time period. Chen Yu is referred to as shizi which is a title given to the heir of a first ranked prince. On episode 3, Chen Yu's servant guy (I forgot his name) referred to Bu Qi as junzhu, a title given to the daughter of a first ranked prince. So this makes me believe the father is a first ranked prince. If he was a a second ranked prince then the daughter would be referred to as xianzhu rather than junzhu. So I am guessing he's a prince of first rank...? 

Archived