[Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] I Will Never Let You Go / Legend of Huo Buo 小女花不弃

sugarplum892

On 1/11/2019 at 11:04 PM, themarchioness said:

They're out!  Viki's episode 1 is at 100%, episode 2 is at 99%, Episode 3 is at 98%, and Episode 5 is at 98%.  Episode 4 is at 65% and Episode 6 is at 6% (as of the writing of this post, of course).  Episodes 7 and and 8 won't be released until next week.  If Viki is blocked for you, I understand 'other sites' have picked it up. 

Gosh yes, saw the drama and I'm loving it so much...finally got the subs out!

Thanks so much subbers!!!

Loved Vin since his Love O2O days...so cute!

• Replies 987
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, vlvl1 said:

Does anyone know if the novel has a happy ending or not. We need to prepare our hearts if it’s a sad ending. haha

I've been curious about this as well, but in the back of my head, I've also assumed the drama will have a happy ending because I've decided to accept nothing less -- even if I have to write a happy ending myself!!!  :P   In fact, every time Chen Yu threatens to kill HBQ, I say to the screen, "Quit your bluster.  One day your kids are going to ask you how you fell in love with their mother, and you're going to have to tell them, "I threatened to kill her.'"  Haha.  :D  

@angelangie I'm not sure about how they distribute rankings, but usually the children of the official/first wife are the ones that inherit the titles. It probably doesn't help if the mother is of low birth. 

@vlvl1 I hope it's a happy ending. There are some sad scenes in the trailer BUT I hope it's one of those just kidding - it's happy ending! lol 

@vlvl1 I hope it's a happy ending, too and I'm sure we'll get some sad scenes for a bit, but things will turn out for the better good.

I tried looking for an english translation of the novel, but no luck. Usually, when a drama has a novel, I always read the novel and then watch for the drama.

I'm a little curious that part of the synopsis states that this drama is a time traveling. Is it? Or did that just got taken out?

39 minutes ago, Helene Tian said:

@turtle0217 If you ever find the English translation of the novel, please let me know! I would like to read it also since waiting for the episodes are killing me haha. I tried to read it in Chinese but there are so many characters I didn’t know... :(

No worries. I'm like in crazy search for it now and so far I got nothing on the English translation for the novel for this drama. Will let you know if I find anything. :)

11 hours ago, themarchioness said:

The time travel appears to have been taken out.  As @raziela mentioned yesterday, this was likely done due to SARFT restrictions.

Ahhh.. no wonder. I was soo confused. I kept thinking to myself, so are they going to explain it in the end of their time traveling. But thank you for the clarification. 

Hello everyone.. It's my first post here!!! Just started watching HBQ yesterday.. I heard this drama is also based on novel.. Can anyone share the link to the novel to me?

1 hour ago, omiki said:

I am intrigued by the good looking Mo Ruo Fei and looked up the actor. Turns out it is played by a female actress called Xing En https://www.weibo.com/xxxingxxx.

Nice interaction between MRF and Buqi. Hope he can protect her from his Mother.

I am also attracted with MRF looks.. Hahahah.. Im quite shocked to find out that the character is actually played by an actress.. I fall in love with her looks seriously.. hihihii.. Love MRF and HBQ chemistry.

On 1/13/2019 at 11:45 AM, themarchioness said:

I've been curious about this as well, but in the back of my head, I've also assumed the drama will have a happy ending because I've decided to accept nothing less -- even if I have to write a happy ending myself!!!  :P   In fact, every time Chen Yu threatens to kill HBQ, I say to the screen, "Quit your bluster.  One day your kids are going to ask you how you fell in love with their mother, and you're going to have to tell them, "I threatened to kill her.'"  Haha.  :D  

I bet you the main girl fakes her death.. sounds like a recycled plotline nonetheless this drama brings me Prince of Lan Ling vibes. She's the maiden who everyone desires. :)  @angelangie, this might be your cup of tea? :D

16 hours ago, angelangie said:

dunno maybe im seeing a similarity of acting styles in LanLing Wang and now..... for Ariel sides......i will pick it up im sure....and im probably just dragging my feet a little since it was just release

I watched ep 1 and loved it! :D  she is at it again with her humor. I love her acting. Never disappoints me.

2 hours ago, angelangie said:

it does feel so right.... i mean this is a girl or a guy?

She's a girl dressed like a boy.

I keep reading comments about how this drama is reminding people of "Prince of Lan Ling."  I didn't watch that drama so I can't say, but I suppose the comparison is inevitable given that Ariel Lin also starred in that drama.  But for me, the drama I'm consistently reminded of while watching "I Will Never Let You Go" is "Perfect Couple."  This is particularly so since one of that drama's screenwriters is also the screenwriter for this drama.  I wonder if that's why the first couple of episodes of this drama have been so humorous; it's very reminiscent of the humor in the first part of "Perfect Couple," when the OTP were figuring their way around each other.  If memory serves me correctly, there was also a similar scene in "Perfect Couple" where one of the characters had to crawl through a hole in the wall because they were trying to escape something.  I just hope this drama doesn't turn baffling weird midway through like "Perfect Couple" did, and that it has a better ending.  :P 

After watching the latest subbed episodes, I have to say that one thing I really appreciate about Bu Qi is that she's no idiot.  I like that she's savvy enough to realize that if people aren't after her to kill her, then they're after her because she serves a useful purpose . . . for them.  She knows the only person looking out for her is herself.  This helps her to figure out quickly that MF's mother's servant is trying to poison her and that she's also clever enough to figure out in a roundabout way why that might be.  The survival instincts are strong in this one, and I appreciate that she's proactive in keeping herself alive and safe and not one of those passive heroines. 

Now, I'd just like to see more scenes with CY and BQ together!  Episode 8 had me feeling super bad for him as he walked the streets, celebrating new years by himself.  The expression on his face as he watched those two kids squabble and then make-up.  Awww... this is a man starved for love and affection.  BQ, where are you??  Please give him the love that both of you deserve.  :D  

6 hours ago, sveta89 said:

I got a feel these are half-sisters, that's why the mother was just staring at her when her child was laying in her arms. 

5 hours ago, angelangie said:

it does feel so right.... i mean this is a girl or a guy?

I know! I know it's suppose to be a guy, but with their bond, they just seem like sisters to me. Lol.

I keep having this feeling that they are hiding MRF's identity and she's actually a girl. Lol. I don't know, cause it's just soo weird that they had a girl playing a guy's role for this drama.

Archived