[Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] I Will Never Let You Go / Legend of Huo Buo 小女花不弃

sugarplum892

11 minutes ago, themarchioness said:

I'm glad you've enjoyed the recaps and found them helpful.  As for the fruit eating scene you mentioned.... not sure which scene you are describing.  Are you referring to the one where they're drinking wine and "playing with fire"?  That was in Ep 44.  

They were drinking? Dear me..my eyesight. Hehe. Thanks for letting me know.

you linked it too! So thoughtful!

• Replies 987
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, themarchioness said:

Here are some clips from upcoming episodes 50 &  51:

Reveal hidden contents

Episode 50 - Part 1 & Part 2 - Looks like DFS gets injured and instead of taking the opportunity to run away, BQ stays to help treat him.  This makes DFS happy even as she asks him to let her go. 

Episode 51 - Part 1, Part 2, & Part 3 - Looks like they're saving the wedding (and MM's interruption of the wedding) for the very last episode.  As we know the Biluotian scenes happen immediately after that, I think we may presume they are going to play the final conflict up until the very end. Yeesh.  Will we get just one happy look of them together before the final curtain? 

I don't know what episode these clips will come from (50 or 51), but (spoilers) :

Reveal hidden contents

Part 1 & Part 2 - Not Commander Han, too!  :tears: And MRF... once again turning his back on BQ for his own personal agenda.  

To make up for the last two videos, here's a cute BTS of the "Playing with Fire" scene.  Look at those cute expressions on ZBB's face at the end.  Hee hee hee! 

Man! DFS is doing all he can just to have HBQ with him and protect her, but it's sad that it don't matter what he does, she doesn't love him.

1 hour ago, turtle0217 said:

Man! DFS is doing all he can just to have HBQ with him and protect her, but it's sad that it don't matter what he does, she doesn't love him.

:cold_sweat:  and he knows it too... 

I think his character has grown the most in this series, but I am very biased as I loved him from the beginning...

5 hours ago, themarchioness said:

Here are some clips from upcoming episodes 50 &  51:

Reveal hidden contents

Episode 50 - Part 1 & Part 2 - Looks like DFS gets injured and instead of taking the opportunity to run away, BQ stays to help treat him.  This makes DFS happy even as she asks him to let her go. 

Episode 51 - Part 1, Part 2, & Part 3 - Looks like they're saving the wedding (and MM's interruption of the wedding) for the very last episode.  As we know the Biluotian scenes happen immediately after that, I think we may presume they are going to play the final conflict up until the very end. Yeesh.  Will we get just one happy look of them together before the final curtain? 

I don't know what episode these clips will come from (50 or 51), but (spoilers) :

Reveal hidden contents

Part 1 & Part 2 - Not Commander Han, too!  :tears: And MRF... once again turning his back on BQ for his own personal agenda.  

Spoiler

Gosh, Han Ye too! :tears: Who's next...Xiao Liu? With this many people around them dying, I am not sure how I feel about the ending even when the couple does manage to be together. I know people like Xiao Xia and Han Ye sacrificed themselves out of duty, loyalty and friendship, but as BQ/CY, I just cannot imagine the guilt I would feel in the aftermath. I guess maybe to honor their sacrifices, the couple would have no choice but to live happily to not waste what's been lost to get there.  I don't know...sigh.

I am confused about MRF. Did he initially want to help BQ when she was trying to get to the capital or was that all a lie and part of a scheme too? From the beginning, I never could tell whether his feelings (as big bro) were true and guess now I know.

8 hours ago, angelangie said:

tell me the ending?

(Spoilers) From the scene in the woods where BQ was dressed in black and CY showed up in the same outfit as BQ and introduced himself as Lian Yi Ke,  I THINK it’s going to be a happy ending, but I suspect the happy ending scene will be VERY short, would love to see the happy ending played out in an entire episode (yes, I’m dreaming) but don’t think that’ll happen.

24 minutes ago, angelangie said:

sighhhhhhhhhhhhh

@themarchioness pls give me the spoiler? :( 

What spoiler are you looking for?  The last two eps won't be released until Tuesday... Happy to tell you how everything ends then, unless you're asking about something else right now?  :) 

1 hour ago, taeunfighting said:

Hide contents

Gosh, Han Ye too! :tears: Who's next...Xiao Liu? With this many people around them dying, I am not sure how I feel about the ending even when the couple does manage to be together. I know people like Xiao Xia and Han Ye sacrificed themselves out of duty, loyalty and friendship, but as BQ/CY, I just cannot imagine the guilt I would feel in the aftermath. I guess maybe to honor their sacrifices, the couple would have no choice but to live happily to not waste what's been lost to get there.  I don't know...sigh.

I am confused about MRF. Did he initially want to help BQ when she was trying to get to the capital or was that all a lie and part of a scheme too? From the beginning, I never could tell whether his feelings (as big bro) were true and guess now I know.

RE: MRF

Spoiler

MRF is a complex character in that I think his heart is usually in the right place even if his brain and actions take him elsewhere.  I think MRF was being sincere when he offered to help BQ return to the capitol, and genuinely wanted to help her in that moment.  The problem with MRF though is that despite how he feels about BQ, he's never able set aside his personal ambitions/agenda.  Even in that moment when he's offering to help her return to the capitol, it's not entirely altruistic because he also admits he wants to use that opportunity to atone for the sins that his mother committed against her.  Similarly, even though I do think MRF was being sincere when he said he wanted to be like a "big brother" towards BQ after they met and he brought her to Mo Manor, and did treat her like a precious little sister, we also know he wasn't without his own agenda.  He brought her to the capitol to win favor with the Seventh Prince and when his mother poisoned her, he chose family over saving her.  This selfishness is being repeated currently as he continues to try and keep her with DFS, as it is only through DFS that he may satisfy his revenge for his mother/family.  

MRF's duty is forever to his family and when that duty conflicts with anything else, he will always choose family.  This is different from Yun Lang, for example.  He also has a personal agenda against MM, but yet he'll risk that to help BQ because he feels it is the right thing to do.  It's no wonder Yun Lang lost respect for his cousin that one time he confronted MRF after learning about his mother's role in poisoning BQ.  

As for your first comment, I'm hoping we at least have Xiao Liu, YC, and the grandfather surviving.  They're about the only options left!  Also, I swear, if Mr. Traitor Traitor Pants and QW end up surviving while all the others die, there will be no justice in that world!  

1 hour ago, themarchioness said:

RE: MRF

Reveal hidden contents

MRF is a complex character in that I think his heart is usually in the right place even if his brain and actions take him elsewhere.  I think MRF was being sincere when he offered to help BQ return to the capitol, and genuinely wanted to help her in that moment.  The problem with MRF though is that despite how he feels about BQ, he's never able set aside his personal ambitions/agenda.  Even in that moment when he's offering to help her return to the capitol, it's not entirely altruistic because he also admits he wants to use that opportunity to atone for the sins that his mother committed against her.  Similarly, even though I do think MRF was being sincere when he said he wanted to be like a "big brother" towards BQ after they met and he brought her to Mo Manor, and did treat her like a precious little sister, we also know he wasn't without his own agenda.  He brought her to the capitol to win favor with the Seventh Prince and when his mother poisoned her, he chose family over saving her.  This selfishness is being repeated currently as he continues to try and keep her with DFS, as it is only through DFS that he may satisfy his revenge for his mother/family.  

MRF's duty is forever to his family and when that duty conflicts with anything else, he will always choose family.  This is different from Yun Lang, for example.  He also has a personal agenda against MM, but yet he'll risk that to help BQ because he feels it is the right thing to do.  It's no wonder Yun Lang lost respect for his cousin that one time he confronted MRF after learning about his mother's role in poisoning BQ.  

As for your first comment, I'm hoping we at least have Xiao Liu, YC, and the grandfather surviving.  They're about the only options left!  Also, I swear, if Mr. Traitor Traitor Pants and QW end up surviving while all the others die, there will be no justice in that world!  

Spoiler

What you said are reasons why I never believed MRF's sincerity to BQ. I know ultimately it's natural that you would choose to protect your family and mother first, but when MRF just let BQ die on her deathbed when she was poisoned, I just couldn't get over that. It's too bad because regardless they are supposed to be half siblings. Not sure if MRF knew that.

But yes, you are right that in contrast Yun Lang is probably the most genuine and pure. If it was not for Yun Lang's cooperation with Xiao Xia at Mo Fu, they could not have successfully saved BQ.

Seriously...I hope at the very least they will survive. I feel bad for Yuan Chong without Xiao Xia though :tears:.

That evil BJF better get what he deserves in the end. I am so looking forward to seeing it so it better bet there! I started to not to care about LQW, but given how crazy obsessed she still is with CY and her ability to influence the emperor, she needs to go!

I found a Youtube channel where the user has collected the BTS videos and, in addition to that, subbed many them!  In case anyone else is interested, I thought I'd share the LINK.

3 hours ago, taeunfighting said:

Hide contents

I started to not to care about LQW, but given how crazy obsessed she still is with CY and her ability to influence the emperor, she needs to go!

Spoiler

When QW was traveling to meet CY and the others (at the end of episode 49), her maid asked permission to speak freely and then told her that CY didn't love her and never would.  QW responded that she'd finally thought things through and had given up on CY, so she shouldn't still be crazily obsessed with him (if her words are to be believed).  But she also indicated that the emperor (not CY) was her reason for wanting to go on this trip, and the thought of her being able to wield any amount of power through the emperor is a scary one.  I would love it if it turns out that, in addition to plotting with the emperor against DFS and BJF, CY had also warned the emperor against QW and that's why the emperor "confided" in her and sent her on this trip.

I'm both curious and nervous to see what the Qing twins will get up to, now that they've reunited at the end of 49.  Will they actually work together and if so, how so?  Or will habit get the best of them and they turn against each other?  So many possibilities!  

Finally, here's another preview for the last two episodes.  Based on the clips shown in this preview, along with what we know from the drama and other previews that we've seen, my guess is:

Spoiler

CY, Yun Lang, and Dan Sha work together to spread an illness among DFS's army.  DFS and MRF end up fighting each other during the wedding scene because MRF steps in to intervene, allowing MM to steal away BQ.    

51 minutes ago, themarchioness said:

I found a Youtube channel where the user has collected the BTS videos and, in addition to that, subbed many them!  In case anyone else is interested, I thought I'd share the LINK.

Reveal hidden contents

When QW was traveling to meet CY and the others (at the end of episode 49), her maid asked permission to speak freely and then told her that CY didn't love her and never would.  QW responded that she'd finally thought things through and had given up on CY, so she shouldn't still be crazily obsessed with him (if her words are to be believed).  But she also indicated that the emperor (not CY) was her reason for wanting to go on this trip, and the thought of her being able to wield any amount of power through the emperor is a scary one.  I would love it if it turns out that, in addition to plotting with the emperor against DFS and BJF, CY had also warned the emperor against QW and that's why the emperor "confided" in her and sent her on this trip.

I'm both curious and nervous to see what the Qing twins will get up to, now that they've reunited at the end of 49.  Will they actually work together and if so, how so?  Or will habit get the best of them and they turn against each other?  So many possibilities!  

Finally, here's another preview for the last two episodes.  Based on the clips shown in this preview, along with what we know from the drama and other previews that we've seen, my guess is:

Reveal hidden contents

CY, Yun Lang, and Dan Sha work together to spread an illness among DFS's army.  DFS and MRF end up fighting each other during the wedding scene because MRF steps in to intervene, allowing MM to steal away BQ.    

Spoiler

Regarding the twins, old habits die hard so I am not quite buying their rekindled sisterhood. Same thing with QW saying she is over CY so for that reason, I am holding my breath on that one . But you are right...it will be interesting to see what they are up to!

In the preview, any idea who that new man is? It appears CY calls him uncle, but yet he seems to be working with DFS.

39 minutes ago, taeunfighting said:

Hide contents

In the preview, any idea who that new man is? It appears CY calls him uncle, but yet he seems to be working with DFS.

Re: new man in preview.

Spoiler

DFS's main reason for allowing CY to join his camp is the recognition that CY is a royal with family members, and he hopes CY will be able to his extended family over to his side.  In episode 49, DFS gives CY his first task - a test of loyalty, he calls it.  He wants CY to visit his maternal uncle (along with MRF and Yun Lang) and either persuade him to join DFS's side or kill him.  So far, CY's uncle has been resistant to DFS and all his powers of persuasion.  

From the previews, it looks like CY's maternal uncle attacks them immediately on sight due to his unwillingness to join DFS's side and in showing him the seal in his hand, I'm going to guess that CY is secretly signaling to him that he's actually still affiliated with the emperor and to stop hacking away at them.  (When DFS told CY what he wanted him to do, CY had described it as a suicide mission because there would only be the three of them against his uncle and his uncle's army.  At that time, DFS responded that he'd better persuade his uncle then.  Therefore, the attack shown in the preview would make sense based on that earlier conversation.)

There's a BTS video that I think shows the uncle (it's fuzzy, but pretty sure it's the uncle) helping CY to walk.  Not sure what's going on there, but it suggests that CY is injured, don't you think?  CY also meets with Yun Lang and Dan Sha, and I assume they're meeting to work out their plans there.  

On 3/2/2019 at 4:26 AM, themarchioness said:

Hahaha, I know, I'm a glutton for punishment!  (Or maybe I'll be richly rewarded for my efforts?????) :lol:  As for your other comment:

Hide contents

MRF's mom deserved what she got, as far as I'm concerned.  She lived with so much hate that death was the only thing capable of stopping it.  In a way, it was probably a release for her, so maybe death for MRF's mom is actually an act of kindness -- all things considered.  Jiang Sheng was loyal to the person he served (MRF) and never did anything to hurt anybody (who didn't deserve it from his master's perspective) so on that basis, I can't say he deserved his death.  But, he wasn't central to the OTP or our other main characters so totally understandable that we feel unaffected by his death. 

If the previews are telling the whole story and MRF dies, that'll suck as I feel that he and BQ have a genuine relationship.  But, on the other hand, their relationship is now an awkward one thanks to his mother's actions, so perhaps his death will have meaning if it is through that that he will be able to atone for her sins.  Similarly, DFS's death (if it also happens) would have meaning if it was able to make up for his grandfather's ambitions and and quell the battle for the throne, once and for all, returning peace to the land.

You didn't mention Yun Lang and Dan Sha, who we've also been guessing will die, but about them I can only say, I've predicted they would die from the very beginning so as much as I do like Yun Lang very much, I've long reconciled myself to that one.  It's to the point where I actually think I'm over-prepared for his death.  Heh.  As I've always said, he's too earnest, too simple, too focused on what's in front of him, and too hot-headed to be long for this world.  Dan Sha, as someone devoted to him, would only follow him towards death.

As for Xiao Xia's death, I agree.  That one probably hurts the most so far.  Like you, I wanted her to survive this final battle and live happily forever after with YC.  As I also wrote yesterday, because I found her death utterly preventable, it actually made me a little angry to see how she died.  But since she did die, I've thought about it a fair bit and have managed to reconcile myself to the writer's decision to kill off that character (even if it still doesn't make me happy).  When XX and YC have their final conversation, she apologizes and says she never could tell him how she really felt because she had to protect BQ, but she finally admits to liking him and says she's sorry she can't be with him.  From that conversation, I got the sense that even if she had lived, XX never would've been with YC.  Her loyalty to BQ and devotion to the Zhu Family are simply too great for her to up and leave them in order to marry.  In that vein, I also recognize that a marriage between XX and YC likely would've been an uphill battle.  XX is a servant and by all accounts, YC comes from a family background that is equally as impressive as CY's, minus the royalty bit, so I suspect his family would not have been as receptive as he liked to think they would be. 

Of course, the fan shipper heart in me totally believes that BQ and CY would've helped them overcome all those obstacles.  With a prince's support, how could YC's family continuing objecting to the marriage?  And XX needs to protect BQ?  Well, just let them move in next door!  After all, we know BQ would be only too happy to see XX married well and happy.  But I know things didn't necessarily work that way back then, so fine, if the writer needed to kill off a meaningful character - one we actually cared about - in order to add depth to the story and show us how painful everything is in this final climax to the story, I can understand why she chose XX.  Just don't try and make me happy about it.  I will miss her.  And the fanficcer in me will totally keep her alive in my heart.  Haha.

Spoiler

I must have missed the previews/spoiler showing Yun Lang and Dan Sha's deaths! (Edit: Realised it's the scene in the song with DS' hand inching towards YL's.) Sigh even more deaths. But I don't think they will affect me as much as XX's did, I really liked her character (doesn't hurt that I think the actress is really pretty).

You points about XX makes a lot of sense and yes from her last words in the show I too got the feeling that she wouldn't have been with YC even if she lived. But it just irks me because in the novel they managed to live happily together and although there was a large status gap between them, the whole show/novel doesn't stick very closely to historical propriety so it didn't have to matter. 

I will miss her too :tears: 

I do hope we get to see YC in the final episodes. 

2 hours ago, vtxy said:
  Hide contents

I must have missed the previews/spoiler showing Yun Lang and Dan Sha's deaths! (Edit: Realised it's the scene in the song with DS' hand inching towards YL's.) Sigh even more deaths. But I don't think they will affect me as much as XX's did, I really liked her character (doesn't hurt that I think the actress is really pretty).

You points about XX makes a lot of sense and yes from her last words in the show I too got the feeling that she wouldn't have been with YC even if she lived. But it just irks me because in the novel they managed to live happily together and although there was a large status gap between them, the whole show/novel doesn't stick very closely to historical propriety so it didn't have to matter. 

I will miss her too :tears: 

Spoiler

Yeah, our guesses re: Yun Lang and Dan Sha have been based on the scene in the intro credits with the bloody hands.  

And very interesting re: book!  That does make it especially disappointing to know that they changed that aspect for the drama.  I don't mind if a drama departs from its original source if it's a change for the better, but it's hard to see how XX dying would be for the better . . . I wonder what the thought process was behind that decision.  Also, when the drama is over, I hope you (and others who've read the book) wouldn't mind sharing some of the differences between the drama and novel.  I'm most curious!  

6 hours ago, ck1Oz said:

Its too late now to ask what the writer did with her/ his previous dramas. Did everyone get killed?

The main writer for this drama was one of the sub-writers for "Perfect Couple" and "Best Time."  I didn't watch the latter, but as I mentioned a while back, the formula of this drama reminds me a lot of "Perfect Couple" in terms of the initial meet-cute, followed by the rom-com aspect of the leads not getting along and bickering, and then the more serious tone as the characters battled to resolve the conflict of the show while trying to stay alive and preserve their relationship.  One difference between "Perfect Couple" and this drama is that there, there was a firm second couple, whereas here, it's just the one, main couple with lot of people helping them on the side.  Side characters are a lot easier to dispose of than an actual second couple.  In terms of writing though, I'd say this drama outstrips "Perfect Couple."  While that one started out great, it started to fall apart in the middle (including one part where you just think, "What in the world is going on???" :P); it was only my love of the earlier part and the actors that propelled me to the finish line.  Speaking of the finish line (I'll put the rest of the cut in case anyone ever wants to watch "Perfect Couple" and doesn't want to be spoiled):

Spoiler

Although the main OTP finally marry in the last episode (after enduring endless trials and tribulations), the female lead ends up running away immediately after.  She leaves behind a note that says she's upset with the male lead for keeping information hidden from her, as that means he doesn't trust her, and as punishment she's decided to go travel the world and he's not to look for her.  She says she may return one day or she may not -- although, despite that threat, I don't think she ever intended to stay away forever.  After that, the drama time skips to 6 months later.  The second couple ask when she'll return, and the male lead just responds, "Probably soon."  Shortly thereafter he gets word of someone suspiciously sounding like the female lead being at a certain place, and so he goes to find her there.  She pretends to be strangers, but he just goes in for the kiss and so the drama ends.  Honestly, it was kind of a weird ending but fitting for a drama that had pretty much lost its way in the middle.  :P 

10 hours ago, themarchioness said:

Re: new man in preview.

Reveal hidden contents

DFS's main reason for allowing CY to join his camp is the recognition that CY is a royal with family members, and he hopes CY will be able to his extended family over to his side.  In episode 49, DFS gives CY his first task - a test of loyalty, he calls it.  He wants CY to visit his maternal uncle (along with MRF and Yun Lang) and either persuade him to join DFS's side or kill him.  So far, CY's uncle has been resistant to DFS and all his powers of persuasion.  

From the previews, it looks like CY's maternal uncle attacks them immediately on sight due to his unwillingness to join DFS's side and in showing him the seal in his hand, I'm going to guess that CY is secretly signaling to him that he's actually still affiliated with the emperor and to stop hacking away at them.  (When DFS told CY what he wanted him to do, CY had described it as a suicide mission because there would only be the three of them against his uncle and his uncle's army.  At that time, DFS responded that he'd better persuade his uncle then.  Therefore, the attack shown in the preview would make sense based on that earlier conversation.)

There's a BTS video that I think shows the uncle (it's fuzzy, but pretty sure it's the uncle) helping CY to walk.  Not sure what's going on there, but it suggests that CY is injured, don't you think?  CY also meets with Yun Lang and Dan Sha, and I assume they're meeting to work out their plans there.  

Thanks @themarchioness!

Spoiler

The preview with his uncle totally makes sense now. To be honest, I am still scratching my head at the fact that DFS could even think that CY (now his uncle) would really switch alliance and be loyal to him.

Yes, in the BTS...I also see it is the uncle who appears to helping an injured CY. It is nice to see that he will have family to help him. Hopefully, the uncle will not die too doing so.

4 hours ago, biancardi said:

wow so CY is still 

Reveal hidden contents

loyal to that horrible emperor?  i thought he would be smarter than that

Spoiler

Seriously right? I am not happy with the emperor, but he supposedly has what CY wants in exchange. Plus, given how deeply loyal CY is as a person, no matter how horrible the emperor is, I do not think CY would ever betray his royal uncle or do anything to harm the throne.

4 hours ago, taeunfighting said:

Thanks @themarchioness!

Reveal hidden contents

The preview with his uncle totally makes sense now. To be honest, I am still scratching my head at the fact that DFS could even think that CY (now his uncle) would really switch alliance and be loyal to him.

Yes, in the BTS...I also see it is the uncle who appears to helping an injured CY. It is nice to see that he will have family to help him. Hopefully, the uncle will not die too doing so.

Hide contents

Seriously right? I am not happy with the emperor, but he supposedly has what CY wants in exchange. Plus, given how deeply loyal CY is as a person, no matter how horrible the emperor is, I do not think CY would ever betray his royal uncle or do anything to harm the throne.

that is a major flaw in CY then.  I hope that he changes his mind, because there are some things one should not be loyal too.

14 minutes ago, biancardi said:

that is a major flaw in CY then.  I hope that he changes his mind, because there are some things one should not be loyal too.

Spoiler

CY's loyalty is probably his biggest strength yet also his weakness. He knows that the emperor does not trust him and puts him through all these tests yet he remains loyal to him. A reason why I do not think CY would change alliance is since he was demoted to Dong Ping County prince, while knowing that the emperor doubted him about his ambitions, all he wanted to do was to resolve Biluotian for the sake of the emperor's peace of mind that his empire will no longer be threatened by it. To change his mind now to me would prove to emperor that his doubts about CY was right all along. In all honesty, I do not think the emperor is that bad. If he was a tyrant and the common people were mistreated or suffering then I would really want the emperor to be overthrown. I just dislike the emperor's side story LQW. Although he has been influenced by BJF, I could tell that emperor does not fully trust him by the way that BJF has betrayed CY given that they are childhood friends.

Speaking of flaws though...I see many with with how the storyline has progressed, but I know it's a drama so I will just sit back and watch (lol).

3 hours ago, taeunfighting said:
  Reveal hidden contents

CY's loyalty is probably his biggest strength yet also his weakness. He knows that the emperor does not trust him and puts him through all these tests yet he remains loyal to him. A reason why I do not think CY would change alliance is since he was demoted to Dong Ping County prince, while knowing that the emperor doubted him about his ambitions, all he wanted to do was to resolve Biluotian for the sake of the emperor's peace of mind that his empire will no longer be threatened by it. To change his mind now to me would prove to emperor that his doubts about CY was right all along. In all honesty, I do not think the emperor is that bad. If he was a tyrant and the common people were mistreated or suffering then I would really want the emperor to be overthrown. I just dislike the emperor's side story LQW. Although he has been influenced by BJF, I could tell that emperor does not fully trust him by the way that BJF has betrayed CY given that they are childhood friends.

Speaking of flaws though...I see many with with how the storyline has progressed, but I know it's a drama so I will just sit back and watch (lol).

looking back on the earlier episodes, there were conversations about how the high taxes and how the people were suffering under this emperor.  The way he treated Yun Lang's family was a good example of his poor judgement.  So, I do think he is a bad emperor who doesn't care about his people that much.   

Spoiler

Chen Yu just doesn't have aspirations to be emperor at all, so it is easy for him to go off to Dong Ping.  He wanted to resolve the Biluotian issue, as he didn't want Buqi to be sacrificed  as he knew at that time, she would be.   I felt it was more about protecting Buqi, than being loyal to the emperor.  He was fine going off to an obscure place as he wouldn't have to deal with "office politics" anymore (my take on it)

1 hour ago, biancardi said:

looking back on the earlier episodes, there were conversations about how the high taxes and how the people were suffering under this emperor.  The way he treated Yun Lang's family was a good example of his poor judgement.  So, I do think he is a bad emperor who doesn't care about his people that much.   

Hide contents

Chen Yu just doesn't have aspirations to be emperor at all, so it is easy for him to go off to Dong Ping.  He wanted to resolve the Biluotian issue, as he didn't want Buqi to be sacrificed  as he knew at that time, she would be.   I felt it was more about protecting Buqi, than being loyal to the emperor.  He was fine going off to an obscure place as he wouldn't have to deal with "office politics" anymore (my take on it)

@biancardi, Yes, agree with you on that one. Right from the get go, all CY wanted to do was to protect BQ as he didn't want her to be a tool for the Biluotian saga. Later, it became about protecting her (and her identity as the Biluotian saint) and bringing his master's and master's sister's ashes back to Biluotian and lock up the place forever (Ep 44). That's why he hid the two items in the lodge in the woods and did not hand them in to the emperor..

@biancardi @serendipity1974 

Spoiler

When the Biluotian matter become more complicated and it was evident that BQ's life was in danger, I agree with you both that the storyline evolved to CY only wanting to protect BQ and not handing the objects to the emperor. My point with mentioning CY's initial plan to help the emperor resolve the Biluotian matter was in the context that I also think CY would not betray the emperor by changing alliance and help DFS to gain the throne. Also, I agree that emperor is not a good one, but in my opinion, I don't think that he is that horrible where if the drama ended with him sustaining the throne, I would be totally be upset, but that's just me. The drama has not ended yet so with so many twists and turns who knows what will happen on Tuesday.

Archived