[Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] I Will Never Let You Go / Legend of Huo Buo 小女花不弃

sugarplum892

4 hours ago, ating said:

HI there. Been a while since i m this hooked on a chinese drama. love the story, chemistry btw 2 gorgeous leads so hopping on the discussion forum. 

Question 4 fellow addicts - CY has another name Chang Qin.  Does anyone know why he has 2 names? Is it normal. Same with Mo Ro Fei..also called Yi San?

Mo Ro Feis father namned him after buqis mother Xue fei. His mother hated it so she call him yi San 

i think Chang qins more a some kind of  title? Not sure. 

• Replies 987
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi. Real life caught me and I have no way to even start ep 34. Can someone pretty please tag me if Xiao Xia and her romance. Of Dansha and her ill-fated romance- ok them dying episodes appear? The episode no I mean. I will just watch that part. Thank you.

I actually have novels to finish and work as well. Cdrama marathons suck my brain dry. And lucky guys if you all don't have to bring home work at home like moi.

Must admit even if not true that BQ and CY don't have a long separation- that has bummed me out. Since it is likely or may likely happen. And I didn't like the QW and Emperor and CY suffering spoilers. So no rush to get to ep 44 to 49 this week.

Why why why? I guess I know why. Suffering sells. Happiness doesn't. Btw I don't actually having DFS modern hair fringe as his looks. His dimples makes him look more smarmy. So it may be why they hired the actor- looks and acting- but the DFS character plus the looks styling is blech for me. I prefer my historical Chinese dramas guys to be dressed their part. A modern look is jarring to me. So never liked DFS for even a minute.

So if CY keeps suffering or getting separated or be replaced temporarily no rush for me to watch. I have 3 currently airing Kdramas I am following to catch up on as well.

One question though.. in ep 38, when Zhu Shou was gambling and BQ was asking DFS to clarify what the contract meant when it said that "she must be unharmed", and she later on added "But I'm not a virgin anymore. Does that count as me being unharmed?" 

Does this mean that her and CY actually slept together in ep 28 like we suspected? Or was she simply saying this to irk DFS?

3 minutes ago, mouse007 said:

One question though.. in ep 38, when Zhu Shou was gambling and BQ was asking DFS to clarify what the contact meant when it said that "she must be unharmed", and she later on added "But I'm not a virgin anymore. Does that count as me being unharmed?" 

Does this mean that her and CY actually slept together in ep 28 like we suspected? Or was she simply saying this to irk DFS?

Yeah I want to know about this as well. LOL. I think she was just bluffing to get herself off the hook from DFS. But I also want to believe that it was what really happened. LOLOL. What??? a girl can only hope..... Sighh. 

1 minute ago, kokodus said:

Yeah I want to know about this as well. LOL. I think she was just bluffing to get herself off the hook from DFS. But I also want to believe that it was what really happened. LOLOL. What??? a girl can only hope..... Sighh. 

Right? It also just seems weird that she would bring it up just like that if there was no truth to it. LOL

Wait, are you watching IWNLYG now? :D

1 minute ago, mouse007 said:

One question though.. in ep 38, when Zhu Shou was gambling and BQ was asking DFS to clarify what the contact meant when it said that "she must be unharmed", and she later on added "But I'm not a virgin anymore. Does that count as me being unharmed?" 

I think the fact that she could say that to purposely scare and irritate DFS means that my original conjecture was correct - they did not.  If they had slept together, there's no way she'd want to call attention to it.  Like I've always said, different times back then, my friends.  As she also observes to BJF later, the only thing a woman has (in terms of assets) is their moral integrity and character.  Given how well aware she is of that, I don't think they would've done anything back in ep 28.

But as we also know, they definitely grapple with temptation -- hence that upcoming "playing with fire" scene.  I could see at that juncture of the story, how they might throw caution to the wind if they felt with all the uncertainties of the coming days that they might as well.  But back in ep 28, they weren't yet at that point.  

@themarchioness sigh.. I really wish they slept together. Hahaha!

I cannot wait for the upcoming "playing with fire" scene but I am dreading the angst that we know is just around the corner. 

PS. I couldn't help but laugh at the scene where BQ is begging and CY goes to find her and he says "I know I made a  mistake" and she responds with "what mistake? How did you make a mistake?" I love that she's comfortable enough to put him on the spot. 

And that look she gives him when Han Ye tried to block her path. CY knew he was dead so he takes the cowardly route and fakes not feeling well to get her running back to him. LOLOL

21 minutes ago, themarchioness said:
30 minutes ago, mouse007 said:

I think the fact that she could say that to purposely scare and irritate DFS means that my original conjecture was correct - they did not.  If they had slept together, there's no way she'd want to call attention to it.  Like I've always said, different times back then, my friends.  As she also observes to BJF later, the only thing a woman has (in terms of assets) is their moral integrity and character.  Given how well aware she is of that, I don't think they would've done anything back in ep 28.

But as we also know, they definitely grapple with temptation -- hence that upcoming "playing with fire" scene.  I could see at that juncture of the story, how they might throw caution to the wind if they felt with all the uncertainties of the coming days that they might as well.  But back in ep 28, they weren't yet at that point.  

You are correct about a woman's integrity during those times; however, I was under the impression that something happened in episode 28 also.  It might not have been the ultimate act; but there were definitely improprieties.  If BQ was sure of her future with CY, would she be as careful with her virginity as she would be if she was in the market for a yet unknown future husband?  I am sure she would not want her name damaged in anyway and would keep her status under raps; however I think she is counting on the fact the DFS would not believe her and think she was just trying to irritate him.  Therefore, CY does not worry about DFS believing her, even if it happens to be true. 

I do think that she purposely said it to irritate DFS; however, the bemused look on CY's face, made me think that perhaps they were more intimate than we had believed. One other thing I noticed is that CY calls her his wife also; perhaps something did happen.  The level of jealousy CY exhibits also denote something more could have happened...just saying.  Actually CY acts like a wife.    

I am loving this drama, the chemistry is off the charts.  However, I might be bias because all Zhang Bin Bin have to do is show up and I am awestruck and giddy. :blush:

26 minutes ago, mouse007 said:

PS. I couldn't help but laugh at the scene where BQ is begging and CY goes to find her and he says "I know I made a  mistake" and she responds with "what mistake? How did you make a mistake?" I love that she's comfortable enough to put him on the spot. 

And that look she gives him when Han Ye tried to block her path. CY knew he was dead so he takes the cowardly route and fakes not feeling well to get her running back to him. LOLOL

Man, how I wish they were living in a world where they didn't have to worry about this Biluotian/bad people/Emperor business.  Or that she at least didn't have to be sacrificed per the prophecy, such that they could just go find the Biluotian and hand it over to the Emperor, as BQ had wanted to do.  Because really, all I want for them is to live happily and free from trouble.  I mean, can't you just imagine what their household would look like with all those players?  BQ would be wanting to do something, Xiao Liu would be at a loss as to how to accommodate, he'd turn to Han Ye for help, Han Ye would in turn look to CY, and CY would just wave his hand at his two underlings as if to say, "Just go do whatever she wants.  You know we aren't going to win this argument anyway."  Haha.  

Oh, oh, and then BQ would take Xiao Xia with her to go to do whatever it is that she'd wanted to do and YC would left behind whining at YC, "Why'd you go and give your permission like that?  Now I can't spend the day with Xiao Xia."  

Crap.  

I'm not going to write fanfic for this show.  I will not.  Repeats & mutters to self... hahaha.

6 hours ago, ck1Oz said:

Hi. Real life caught me and I have no way to even start ep 34. Can someone pretty please tag me if Xiao Xia and her romance. Of Dansha and her ill-fated romance- ok them dying episodes appear? The episode no I mean. I will just watch that part. Thank you.

@ck1Oz  Lol, I don't follow the Xiao Xia arc closely but can tag you on Yun Lang's & Dan Sha's final episodes.  I've been following Kris Sun's weibo (actor who plays Yun Lang) and apparently fans have been bombarding him with questions regarding their romance:lol:  He says the final scene will provide some closure/answers to the viewers.

3 hours ago, themarchioness said:

Man, how I wish they were living in a world where they didn't have to worry about this Biluotian/bad people/Emperor business.  Or that she at least didn't have to be sacrificed per the prophecy, such that they could just go find the Biluotian and hand it over to the Emperor, as BQ had wanted to do.  Because really, all I want for them is to live happily and free from trouble.  I mean, can't you just imagine what their household would look like with all those players?  BQ would be wanting to do something, Xiao Liu would be at a loss as to how to accommodate, he'd turn to Han Ye for help, Han Ye would in turn look to CY, and CY would just wave his hand at his two underlings as if to say, "Just go do whatever she wants.  You know we aren't going to win this argument anyway."  Haha.  

Oh, oh, and then BQ would take Xiao Xia with her to go to do whatever it is that she'd wanted to do and YC would left behind whining at YC, "Why'd you go and give your permission like that?  Now I can't spend the day with Xiao Xia."  

Crap.  

I'm not going to write fanfic for this show.  I will not.  Repeats & mutters to self... hahaha.

I would totally keep watching the drama even if all it showcased was their married life together like you wrote. LOL 

Now we just need to add children into the mix! BQ would cook food for the family and as they all sit down to eat, CY reminds the children to compliment their mother's cooking. BQ would totally me the disciplinarian in this family. LOL

1 hour ago, mouse007 said:

I would totally keep watching the drama even if all it showcased was their married life together like you wrote. LOL 

Now we just need to add children into the mix! BQ would cook food for the family and as they all sit down to eat, CY reminds the children to compliment their mother's cooking. BQ would totally me the disciplinarian in this family. LOL

❤️ I would watch it too! :)

1 hour ago, mouse007 said:

This is what I'm saying. Just watching them be cute together is pure pleasure itself!

As for your suggested scenario, I can well imagine an incident where one of the kids is being picky over the food they're served and this causes BQ to go off on a lecture about how when she was growing up as a beggar she didn't have the luxury of liking this or that, so they should just be grateful to have food and eat it.  And then she'll turn to CY and tell him that as this quality of being picky over food obviously did not come from her, it must have come from him, and he'll point to himself and be like, "Me?  Why am I suddenly getting in trouble over this too?"  :lol:

3 minutes ago, themarchioness said:

I just got a mental picture of CY teaching their son and daughter martial arts with BQ looking on.  Next to them, Xiao Xia is trying to teach CY and it's embarrassing but hilarious to see how much worse he is than the kids. 

I need to stop.  I'm turning delusional.  :P 

I'm all for delusional here! :D

Imagine all the excuses BQ is going to have to make to get some alone time with CY.. hehehehe

13 minutes ago, themarchioness said:

That’s why they have Xiao Liu and Commander Han, LOL!

I might have to remember these scenarios to balance the angst of the upcoming episodes.  I wonder if the bulk of the remaining episodes are mostly of CY & BQ separated :(

Archived