[Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] I Will Never Let You Go / Legend of Huo Buo 小女花不弃

sugarplum892

• Replies 987
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, shihuangdi said:

I just saw Ariel’s post and looks like MRF is in fact a woman disguised as a man. 

I saw those pictures... but is it MRF who's a woman disguised as a man?  Or a man disguised as a woman?  It looked to me like MRF was simply posing as a woman while BQ was posing as a man, and that both of them were in disguise to avoid detection.  Any captions to those pictures, as far as I could tell, didn't say anything about MRF's true gender.  And, if it is the latter situation, that still doesn't necessarily mean anything about the drama production casting a female actress to play a male role.  In other words, I'm not sure the casting team thought to themselves, "Oh, we know this male character's going to later have to dress up like a woman, so let's cast a female actress to play him," because men disguise themselves as women in dramas all the time and vice versa.  Honestly, I've gotten so used to seeing the actress both as MRF and how she normally presents herself to the public, that I find her disguise as a man in the drama just as awkward if it were a male actor doing the same thing.  :P 

On 2/23/2019 at 5:08 AM, taeunfighting said:

I feel you. It was so out of CY's usual character to do that to BQ too. Sigh... Thank goodness I have no doubts that CY only has BQ in his heart. That was his saving grace for me. 

Me too, it is clear that he only loves BQ.  But if I were BQ, I would feel the same anger too :D

On 2/23/2019 at 2:32 PM, themarchioness said:

No, I'm still finishing up the recap for ep 41!  :tears:  But I'm almost done with that one and then I'll start on ep 43.  :)  

Thank you for working hard for those who enjoys reading recap (summary) and for those who doesn't understand the language.  

20 hours ago, taeunfighting said:

@biancardi I had read your post awhile ago and kept it in the back of my head. At that time, I couldn't quite see your character analysis on DFS, but after watching the recent episodes in raw then again in eng subs, I began to appreciate your break-down of his character. I watch some episodes with my mom over dinner and she actually likes him more than CY. Likely for the same reasons that you do! I personally still do not like how he pushes his feelings onto BQ and how his mind thinks that if he got rid of CY, he could have BQ, but I agree with you that he truly does care for her and is not out to sacrifice her. Also, I agree that he is probably the most interesting and intelligent character of all of them. I actually didn't like the part where he trolled by BQ and CY in the desert. As cute as it was, it didn't make sense to me because I do think that DFS had the smarts to have figured out BQ and CY/LYK's relationship way sooner. Anyway, just wanted to say you did a great job explaining DFS!!

@taeunfighting  thank you!! I am glad to see that my original analysis is still holding up!!  

It's not often we get a richly written character like DFS and I am eager to find out what happens to him.   I mean, yeah, I am also here for the BQ/CY lovestory, but just like Harry Potter where it was Snape that held my attention, DFS is moving this series along for me. 

I think that that DFS *knew* that CY and BQ had a relationship - he certainly thought it about & mentioned it early on when they initially met, but I think he didn't want to accept that his initial instincts were right & he was just in denial. To accept that BQ knew CY before him, meant that DFS was not the first one there, and his own ego couldn't deal with it.  BQ is his blind spot.  He does and says stupid things - that is why when he asks her if she had met him first, would she have liked/loved him, and she said no - I feel she would have. A lot of his horrible actions are because this is his hamfisted way of wooing & he is jealous of everyone - from her friends, to the masked hero and now to CY.   If she had him in her heart, I feel that he wouldn't have any need to be petty.   I mean, how can you not appreciate a guy who says he loves old fat women and can't wait to see her face get round (meaning growing old together)?  You gotta admit, that was a totally sweet thing to say and if it had been CY saying it, everyone would be squeeing like crazy. 

In my opinion, without DFS, we wouldn't have had so many adventures and that means this series would have been over a lot sooner :lol:

11 hours ago, ayleenlovesyou said:

OMG JUST SAW THE VIDEO. SO MUCH IS HAPPENING AND OMG WHY HBQ’S GP DIED NOOOOOO AND XIAO XIA... NOOOOOOO... hell this is too much! Can’t handle! :tears:

I've been soo behind on the forum, but I saw all the spoiler and I cannot believe what's about to happen in the next couple episodes. :tears:

@biancardi Based on what you said, I will re-watch the desert episodes. I may have missed the "denial" part (lol). I felt bad for DFS when he asked BQ that question and she straight up said no (ouch). I gotta give him kudos for being direct and persistent though. He is sweet in his "DFS" way. I love the BQ/CY couple so I am invested in their story, but I am also very curious about what will happen to DFS. The drama has done such a great job with developing DFS' character so far. I hope there is a good (or at least proper) ending written for him as well.

6 hours ago, chisaholly said:

Me too, it is clear that he only loves BQ.  But if I were BQ, I would feel the same anger too :D

I agree!! CY called it "jealousy". I too would call it anger.

26 minutes ago, taeunfighting said:

@biancardi Based on what you said, I will re-watch the desert episodes. I may have missed the "denial" part (lol). I felt bad for DFS when he asked BQ that question and she straight up said no (ouch). I gotta give him kudos for being direct and persistent though. He is sweet in his "DFS" way. I love the BQ/CY couple so I am invested in their story, but I am also very curious about what will happen to DFS. The drama has done such a great job with developing DFS' character so far. I hope there is a good (or at least proper) ending written for him as well.

I agree!! CY called it "jealousy". I too would call it anger.

@taeunfighting  i think he was in denial about it as, like you said, he is too smart to be trolled.  i think once they said no, he ignored his instincts for the reasons i mentioned 

DFS is the like the boy who pulled my pigtails in 1st grade and i was the one who got in trouble!! lolol 

2 hours ago, biancardi said:

@taeunfighting  i think he was in denial about it as, like you said, he is too smart to be trolled.  i think once they said no, he ignored his instincts for the reasons i mentioned 

DFS is the like the boy who pulled my pigtails in 1st grade and i was the one who got in trouble!! lolol 

Gotcha! I guess like you had said, when it comes to BQ, she is his blind spot. DFS would be that kid that pulled pigtails (lol).

37 minutes ago, themarchioness said:

I love this BTS of ZBB being all shy... it's so adorable.  :D

https://www.instagram.com/p/BuNom16BVUU/?utm_source=ig_web_button_share_sheet

Super adorable - I loved how Ariel had to fan herself afterwards, but I know in reality, it's really because they filmed in super hot weather (lol).

2 minutes ago, taeunfighting said:

Super adorable - I loved how Ariel had to fan herself afterwards, but I know in reality, it's really because they filmed in super hot weather (lol).

Ha.  Yeah, I didn't read anything into her hand fanning.  Married woman and all that.  But I definitely get the impression they had fun working together, and that's something I always love to see. 

1 hour ago, themarchioness said:

Ha.  Yeah, I didn't read anything into her hand fanning.  Married woman and all that.  But I definitely get the impression they had fun working together, and that's something I always love to see. 

Haha...agree...in reality, I do know she is a married woman. Behind the scenes, you can definitely see they work well together. They all seem too.

HI there. Been a while since i m this hooked on a chinese drama. love the story, chemistry btw 2 gorgeous leads so hopping on the discussion forum. 

Question 4 fellow addicts - CY has another name Chang Qin.  Does anyone know why he has 2 names? Is it normal. Same with Mo Ro Fei..also called Yi San?

4 hours ago, ating said:

HI there. Been a while since i m this hooked on a chinese drama. love the story, chemistry btw 2 gorgeous leads so hopping on the discussion forum. 

Question 4 fellow addicts - CY has another name Chang Qin.  Does anyone know why he has 2 names? Is it normal. Same with Mo Ro Fei..also called Yi San?

Someone from Story of Minglan explained that man at that time has 2 names, the first one is the one given when they were born. And the second one is the given when they become an adult ( at a certain age).

The “ming” (birth name) is usually used by the elders while the “zi” (adult name) is usually used by friends. I think MRF birth name is Yi San, and his adult name is MRF. Not sure about CY, I think CY might be his adult name. 

Archived