[Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] I Will Never Let You Go / Legend of Huo Buo 小女花不弃

sugarplum892

10 hours ago, achng said:

Boooo, we won't see Bin Bin for a bit because they hired a different actor to play CY after his fake death...

And LMY didn't die from the arrows but from this...

Hide contents

WTH?! I don't even have words... Why would they do that?! Does he change back to Bin Bin? That actor totally ruined everything!

@themarchioness I am so tired because I spend way too much time looking out for new episodes and recaps. LOL This drama will be the death of me.

• Replies 987
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, mouse007 said:

@themarchioness I am so tired because I spend way too much time looking out for new episodes and recaps. LOL This drama will be the death of me.

Ikr??  And I'm sorry, I hope I didn't keep you up waiting last night.  I've thought about it and I think the reason it's taking me longer now is that the eps are more filled with BQ/CY stuff and the excitement overall has kicked things up a notch.  That means I have to share everything!  I also admit that last night, they were using more terms that I wasn't familiar with so I'd have to pause every so often to look things up in order to avoid translating it incorrectly.  But I can't seem to help myself.  This is why I suck at a being a recapper.  As I mentioned in the +/- thread, I always say I'll just give a brief overview and summary of what happens, and then I can't help myself.  Haha.  It's truly a labor of love.

I'm going to take a break for lunch in a little bit and hopefully watch a chunk of the next ep.  Thank goodness for working from home today!  Will probably do the same tomorrow.  ;) 

26 minutes ago, themarchioness said:

Ikr??  And I'm sorry, I hope I didn't keep you up waiting last night.  I've thought about it and I think the reason it's taking me longer now is that the eps are more filled with BQ/CY stuff and the excitement overall has kicked things up a notch.  That means I have to share everything!  I also admit that last night, they were using more terms that I wasn't familiar with so I'd have to pause every so often to look things up in order to avoid translating it incorrectly.  But I can't seem to help myself.  This is why I suck at a being a recapper.  As I mentioned in the +/- thread, I always say I'll just give a brief overview and summary of what happens, and then I can't help myself.  Haha.  It's truly a labor of love.

I'm going to take a break for lunch in a little bit and hopefully watch a chunk of the next ep.  Thank goodness for working from home today!  Will probably do the same tomorrow.  ;) 

No worries, I don't mind the wait. Your recaps are way way faster than the subs so you're still ahead of the game by a lot. :D

And I love your recaps. Just the right amount of detail and you write so well that I feel like I'm actually watching it.

I'm also working from home today and yes! Thank goodness for these perks!

40 minutes ago, mouse007 said:

WTH?! I don't even have words... Why would they do that?! Does he change back to Bin Bin? That actor totally ruined everything!

Yes they change it back to ZBB don't worry! Don't think the other guy has that much screentime based on previews :)

And yes I'm exhausted too chasing after this drama and refreshing weibo countless times a day to look for new previews haha.

31 minutes ago, themarchioness said:

I also admit that last night, they were using more terms that I wasn't familiar with so I'd have to pause every so often to look things up in order to avoid translating it incorrectly.  But I can't seem to help myself.  This is why I suck at a being a recapper.  As I mentioned in the +/- thread, I always say I'll just give a brief overview and summary of what happens, and then I can't help myself.  Haha.  It's truly a labor of love.

I think your recaps are really amazing!! I watch the raw episodes and understand them but can't imagine ever translating the episodes into a recap :O The amount of effort required is crazy and you're so nice to do the recaps. You don't suck at it at all I find it super impressive! :wub:

18 hours ago, achng said:

Boooo, we won't see Bin Bin for a bit because they hired a different actor to play CY after his fake death...

I don't know why but I started thinking about this as I was in the middle of watching today's episodes.  Haha.  Tells you how focused I am.  Anyway, that other teaser clip that we saw last week suddenly makes sense.  In that scene she'd been introduced to this stranger (who'd saved her after being thrown from a horse) and she'd made a specific observation of the scar on his hand when he bowed to her.  At the time, we wondered what that was about, but now we know. 

23 hours ago, achng said:

@mouse007  You’re right, Bai Jian Fei has ambitions.  In the upcoming episodes he reveals to CY that he's actually been working as

the emperor's special envoy for 2 years already, so that explains the character change.  Being a nice guy and all timid was just an act apparently.

Honestly, even after watching today's episodes, I don't really get it.  He has ambitions.  Great.  It's good to have goals.  It's how we improve upon ourselves.  But do we need to take down our friends to get there???  Did he never think that CY might help him with his ambitions?  It makes me sad for CY and YC to have had such a friend in their midst all this time, and to only know find out about it.  Ugh.  Anyway, I'm off to start my recaps for today's episodes.  If yesterday's theme was, "Commander Han rocks," today's theme is "Bai Jian Fei sucks." 

1 hour ago, themarchioness said:

"Commander Han rocks," today's theme is "Bai Jian Fei sucks."

haha totally agree. while watching it ytd night for me i was also super upset whyyyyy must BJF do that so damn irritating as if not enough bad characters in the show. thankfully both our mains are super smart! also the part DFS act as LYK was like lollllll so fake hahahha. 10 more eps to the end. cant wait but also dont want it to end.

I wish they would just kill off LQW. She's so unnecessary to the plot and her pitiful voice is so annoying. Like BQ, I'm not buying her pitifulness - she's an assassin. 

Anyways, now that subs are out of 36 & 37 (and I finally understand their conversations) + recent recaps from @themarchioness (thanks!), let's just say our OTP really needs to work on resolving the LQW issue. Every time BQ gets mad at CY, he placates her and they just move on, then repeat. I'm crossing my fingers that we're finally done with the LQW issue. 

Ep 40 Recap!

Spoiler

The episode picks up with DFS and his right hand woman discussing how CY never made a peep when DFS raised a ruckus at the Dong Ping Jun manor.  As he suspects that means CY wasn't there, DFS starts going through his rolodex of information to figure out what that might mean.  (As I wrote that sentence out, it occurred to me: Do people even know what a rolodex is anymore?!  Haha.)  He observes that LMY told him CY was sent by the Emperor to investigate his grandfather.  His grandfather and the Emperor's men were to battle it out at some forest location.  He wonders if CY found out about as well and went there.  But what he can't figure out is, if he's one of the Emperor's people, why would CY be acting so secretively and furtively.  His right hand woman says that he must be trying to avoid a specific person (points to her for her deductive skills :rolleyes:) and DFS says that based on the way CY treats him, he doesn't think CY knows the truth about his background.  DFS also wonders who he's trying to hide from and gives up in utter annoyance when he can't figure it out.  (Not going to lie, his frustration amuses me.)  He then tells his right hand woman to go warn his grandfather about CY.

After his right hand woman leaves, DFS thinks to himself, "Grandfather suspected that the Seventh Prince knew about Biluotian.  That means there's a high probability that CY knows Zhu Ya Tou is the Biluotian Priestess.  That means I can't keep letting her stay by his side." 

The Mysterious Man is meeting with LMY.  He doesn't sound too worried about CY and observes that even within the Emperor's people there are good and bad people among them.  He says that so long as they prepare well, it won't matter how many people the others bring, he'll be able to get what he wants.  LMY promises that this time she'll lead his secret army to success, and he just looks at her and says he won't yet make an issue of the stuff she's screwed up so far (like Ming Yue Shan) and instead will wait to see how she performs this time.  If she performs well and helps him gain the world, he'll appoint her as the Minister of Revenue.  LMY thanks him for letting her off. 

The camera pans out and we see DFS's right hand woman there as well.  She reports that DFS punished everyone left at Ming Yue Shan and the only people left are QW and her servant, who are hiding out at the Prince of Dong Ping Jun's manor.  She reassures him that DFS has appointed people to watch over them.  The Mysterious Man stands and comments that DFS has performed well this time.  He trusts that with DFS around, QW won't live for much longer.  He also adds that he heard CY has BQ with him, and the right hand woman confirms this.  He wonders why DFS would let that stand given that he knows about the Seventh Prince also knowing about Biluotian.  He then commands the right hand woman to pass word back that DFS should get BQ back.  She leaves, and then someone else arrives to say that the Emperor's people are almost to that meeting place in the forest.  The Mysterious Man gives the word for everyone to mobilize into place.

In the forest, Ah Fu and his sister are hurrying along with the Emperor's people following close behind.  Ah Fu tells his sister that they're almost at the entrance to Biluotian and this is their best chance at running away.  He says this is also why the Mysterious Man still hasn't made his appearance.  One of the Emperor's men approaches and asks Ah Fu why they still haven't arrived at their destination.  He says the Emperor is starting to get impatient and Ah Fu asks if it's the Emperor who's growing impatient or him.  The other man brushes off the criticism, but it's clear nobody trusts anybody which, given current situation, sounds just about right. 

At that moment, smoke bombs are thrown at them.  It's poisonous gas and Ah Fu uses the opportunity to steal a sword from one of the collapsed solders and drags his sister away to separate themselves from the Emperor's men.  As they run away, we see CY arrived dressed as Lian Yi Ke.  He's met by his own band of black-garbed men and asks if they've seen Ah Fu.  They report back that he's not there and suspect that he's already run away.  CY orders them to keep looking. 

Ah Fu and his sister arrive in an open area with piles of standing rocks in front of them.  They've arrived.  Ah Fu holds up his map and points out the symbol that they need to find.  If they can find that symbol, then they'll know where the hole that leads them to Biluotian is.  They search everywhere and at one point Ah Fu leans upon a tree trunk for support.  That's when he realizes his hand has touched it.  He brushes aside the vines and finds a knot hole.  As he peers into it, he calls out excitedly to his sister.  She runs over asking if he found it.  He has!  But of course that's when the Mysterious Man flies in saying that he's finally found them.  The Mysterious Man lunges forward with is sword and Ah Fu pushes his sister aside and stops the sword by grabbing onto it.  (Personally, I thought he should've just moved to the side as well and let the Mysterious Man's forward force of motion propel him and his sword into the tree trunk behind him, but you know, I'm not a Martial Arts fighter, so what do I know? ;)

I'll just summarize this next part by saying: it's a bloody battle.  LMY, Qing Yan, and the other members of their party arrive soon after so you know it it's a hopeless cause from the get go considering that only Ah Fu knows how to fight.  He urges his sister to run for his life, but Qing Yan just runs after her and takes her down.  Ah Fu's seriously injured himself already when he witnesses his sister's death.  He starts to run for her and the Mysterious Man uses that moment of distraction to run a sword through him via his back.  Amazingly he doesn't just keel over and die then and instead uses his anger to turn back around to the Mysterious Man, who just runs his sword through him again.  This time from the front side.  (If I'm being flippant, it's on purpose.  It's the only way I can get through watching this scene twice.  *hides behind hands*)  Right at this moment, Lian Yi Ke arrives with his merry men and they all start shooting arrows at the Mysterious Man and crew.  (Side note: I love the background music in this scene.  It was like watching an action movie!)  LMY takes several arrows to the body as she rushes to shield the Mysterious Man, and what will she get for her efforts?  Well, you'll soon find out. 

The arrows take down almost all of the others, except for Qing Yan and the Mysterious Man.  As the Mysterious Man flies out of the arrows' paths, CY sends his men in to fetch Ah Fu and his sister's bodies and once that's successfully done, he orders his men to retreat.  The Mysterious Man comes back out of hiding and chases after them with the few remaining soldiers by his side.  LMY just watches them leave.  She recites a poem, because I suppose that's what one did back then under such circumstances, and as she watches the Mysterious Man's backside grow smaller and smaller in the distance, she calls out to him, "Jiu Feng [Ninth Phoenix]!  Do you not know how I feel about you?" 

Qing Yan approaches.  She's terribly amused by these turn of circumstances.  Standing over this woman who terrorized her all through her youth, Qing Yan informs her that their master only ever regarded her as one of his chess pieces.  LMY refuses to believe this.  How could she be just a chess piece to him?  She insists that she's different from everyone else, but Qing Yan knows better (probably because the Mysterious Man treated LMY the same way LMY treated her and her sister).  Qing Yan tells LMY it doesn't matter what she believes because she's going to die soon anyway.  She looks to the spot where the Mysterious Man departed and says she has to thank him for giving her such an opportunity to kill her.  LMY says, "Kill me?  Why would you kill me?"  Qing Yan asks if she's raised her for so long that she no longer remembers her birth background?  She reminds LMY that she killed her parents and stole their children, forcing her and QW to face the harshest of trainings as part of their growing up experience.  She even pitted the two sisters against each other.  After she finishes revealing everything that she knows, Qing Yan asks her, "Why do you think I want to kill you?"  LMY responds, "So, you know it all already."  

I'll speed up the rest of this conversation by summarizing it as: LMY tries to protect her life by arguing nurture over nature, but that argument only works if you actually nurture the child you raise.  As we know, she did not do that for Qing Yan or QW, so in the end, blood proves thicker than water for Qing Yan and she slices LMY's throat.  Bye bye, LMY!

Qing Yan and LMY's final moment is in stark contrast to the one that follows between CY and Ah Fu.  CY wants to try and treat Ah Fu.  He tells Ah Fu that there's a highly skilled doctor at his place, and if they can just make it there, Ah Fu will have hope.  Ah Fu asks him to take his sister instead, but CY has to point out that she's already dead and only if a person still has life in them can they be saved.  Ah Fu apologizes to his sister's body.  He tells her that he thought by taking her out this time, he'd be able to return them to Biluotian.  In the end, he failed.  He tells his sister that he's coming to keep her company, and CY fights with him to live.  He reminds his master that it's only the living who can seek revenge and enter Biluotian.  Ah Fu begs him for a favor instead.  He asks CY to cremate both him and his sister and to take their remains back to Biluotian.  He then hands over both the Biluotian map and sphere and reminds CY that Biluotian has always been the coveted target by many common people; therefore, he must never let anyone know that the sphere and map are in his hand.  After delivering the goods and the other secrets of what to look out for in locating Biluotian, he says his farewells and then grabs his dagger and plunges it into his own heart.  As CY calls out for him and tries to take out the dagger, which Ah Fu holds tightly within him, Ah Fu turns to his sister and takes her hand.  "Little sister, let's go home."  *tears*  CY continues to call out for his master.  *tears some more*  And then, finally, we see CY carrying out AH Fu's last wishes which was to burn their bodies.  As he watches the funeral pyre, CY promises to send his master back to Biluotian. 

The emperor has a visitor who apparently made an urgent request to see him.  We hear his voice before we see him; it's the traitor, Bai Jian Fei. (Yeah, sorry, I'm not even going to be objective about this one.  If it looks like a traitor, walks like a traitor, and talks like a traitor, then it probably is a traitor.)  BJF tells the emperor there's something he's been struggling over and in the end, he'd decided that it still would be best for him to share with the emperor.  The emperor commands him to speak although he doesn't seem the least bit interested in what BJF has to say until the latter asks the former if he's familiar with the name, Lian Yi Ke, and says that the real identify of Lian Yi Ke is someone close to him (the emperor).  The emperor asks him who would dare, and BJF, the traitor answers, "The Prince of Dong Ping Jun."  And because that's not enough information to share, he also reveals that Zhu Manor's Miss Sun, is the Hua Bu Qi who was previously installed at Mo Manor and the Seventh Prince's illegitimate daughter, and that CY and BQ have a personal relationship.  You're really on a roll, aren't you, traitor???  BJF says he found it all very suspect so that's why he wanted to bring this all to the emperor. 

The emperor seeks to clarify whether "Yu Er" (how he refers to CY) is LYK, and BJF says that Yuan Chong also knows the truth of this matter and, if need be, the emperor can call upon him for questioning.  (Because that's just great.  Now you're going to drag both your friends through the mud!  What did CY and YC do to ever gain a friend like you, BJF?)  The emperor says there's no need as he knows the three of them grew up together.  He wonders though why BJF is bringing up this matter at this specific moment.  BJF says that LYK has repeatedly gone up against government officials and enjoys the firm support of the people.  Also, Zhu Manor exerts powerful influence in the Jiang Nan area.  That's why even though he and CY are good friends, as someone who works for the emperor, he can't overlook that he thinks his friend has intentions to go against authority.  The emperor asks him, "You think Yu Er will plot a rebellion?"  And BJF answers that CY is a meticulous thinker so he's never been able to see through him to know what to expect.  (BECAUSE YOU'RE A SUCKY FRIEND.) 

The emperor laughs bitterly.  He says BJF is indeed someone who is loyal to the sovereign.  He shares that he's also done some investigating and discovered that Zhu Manor owes a large debt.  Moreover, they're involved with some rebellious people (i.e., Mysterious Man and crew).  He observes that the national treasury, which is used for military supplies, has been falling short in its expectations while Zhu Manor is growing in power.  Therefore, he thinks this matter needs to be investigated carefully and sends BJF to do it.  He reminds him though to not disappoint him.  (Bet he never had to remind CY of that. Just saying!)  As he takes his leave, BJF asks, "What about LYK?"  (BECAUSE HE'S LIKE A DOG WITH A BONE.)  The emperor responds, "Punish without leniency."  (I swer BJF looked happy at those words, what do you guys think?)

BQ opens a door and comes out to speak with Commander Han.  She says it's been days and they haven't heard anything. She asks him if he wants to send someone to ask around, but Commander Han answers that since CY's pretending to be sick right now it would arouse suspicion if the Emperor were to find that he also disappeared.  As BQ wonders how come CY hasn't sent any word home, Zhu Shou comes running in with a letter from her own home.  It says her grandfather has fallen ill and BQ decides to return home immediately while Commander Han says he'll send some people with her. 

As BQ and Zhu Shou leave with two riders, DFS's people watch from a distance.  QW's servant also exits the manor and heads in the opposite direction.  Some place else, DFS is waiting with his people wondering why she hasn't yet appeared.  In the interest of time, I'm just going to summarize this part by explaining: DFS sent the letter to draw her out so he could kidnap her.  He didn't expect that she'd be intercepted in the middle by other assassins.  Zhu Shou and BQ plead for their lives by offering more money to the assassins, but assassins have their own code of loyalty.  They agree that Zhu Shou and BQ probably could give them more money, but they've already made a deal with someone else and so they need to act according to that deal.  That's when DFS arrives on the scene, pretending like he's there to help.  He asks who dares to fight him for what he wants and gives the order to have everyone killed.  He holds out his hand to BQ, but she does not take it.  It's only after Zhu Shou entreats her to accept it and escape that she does. 

Fortunately, we see CY riding along on his horse and he intercepts DFS and BQ.  When DFS sees him, he comments that his injuries really are amazing.  When he says he's sick, he's sick, when he says he's well, he's well.  CY just says he never imagined that it was DFS who kidnapped BQ.  He reminds him that that's a punishable offense.  DFS corrects him that BQ ran into a bunch of assassins, and he was the one to save her.   He says he's taking her away and orders CY to move aside.  As DFS tries to move his horse past them, CY thrusts his arm through and shoves DFS away from his horse in order to grab BQ.  DFS is prevented from making any further moves because Commander Han is also there with his band of men to block him. 

CY and BQ are safely back at home.  He's massaging her hand and asks if it still hurts.  She answers, "Of course it still hurts.  It's not like your hand is some sort of medicine.  How could it be that it would stop hurting at one touch?"  (Methinks someone just wants him to keep massaging her hand.)  She then adds, "But... even though my body hurts, my heart is is happy.  You finally came home."  She tells him that she's been worried these past few days.  She suddenly has a thought and asks him to find out what QW's servant has been up to all day, whether she's been away from the manor, who she might have met, BQ suspects the assassins that she ran into were sent by QW.  He tells her to rest easy because he's already sent people to investigate the matter as well.  She asks him if he also finds her suspicious and he just says he can't be certain about it right now, but once they investigate it thoroughly, they'll know.  He also reassures her that if it really was QW who was behind the attack, he won't hesitate to send her out of his manor and send her to prison.  BQ answers that there's no such thing as "if," and he should just wait to see.  CY smiles at her, but then turns away looking despondent.  BQ picks up on his mood and asks him what's wrong.  He tells her that his master is dead.  BQ immediately runs over to wrap her arms around him and comfort him.  He tells her that he's fine. BQ says she remembers when her uncle died, she dreamed of him of all the time.  Whenever she dreamed of him, she would cry.  It finally reached a point where one time when she was crying in her dreams, her uncle said to her, "BQ, don't cry anymore.  I raised you with the hope that you would continue living happily in this world.  Plus, if you keep crying every time you see me, then I won't dare to come find you anymore."  CY says that he remembers one time, she was locked up in the storage room, and she was crying for her uncle and chicken drumsticks.  He confesses his role behind that incident and BQ is surprised, but amused, to hear it.  After their moment of levity, BQ tells him that she's sure Ah Fu wouldn't want his death to make him this sad.  CY says he knows and that he won't let himself wallow for too long because he has more important matters to see to.

CY tells her that before Ah Fu died, he gave him two things.  These are two things that everyone wants, including the emperor, but he can't give it to them.  BQ wonders what these two things could possibly be that he has to hide it from the emperor.  CY tells her that Commander Han has updated him as to everything that's been going on in his absence.  He realizes now he wasn't careful enough when he traveled to the forest and he's left behind a lot of holes.  He feels they will, for certain, place all suspicions on his head, but he doesn't think their strength will be able to match his.  So he has no choice but to give up Dong Ping Jun manor and break up the whole into parts.  He takes her hands and asks if she remembers the people he sent to protect her while she was at Zhu Manor.  She nods her head yes and he says it may be that he'll be away from Suzhou for a long period of time.  She'll have to be by herself. 

BQ takes his face in her hands and tells him that so long as he lives, she will wait for him.  He tells her that if he should happen to die, she should find someone better to marry and not commit suicide.  She brushes him off and stands up, all indignant.  She says of course she wouldn't.  She's still so young so why woudln't she find someone else to marry, there's no need for her to commit suicide.  She then adds that everything she told him in the past was a lie, and should he really die, I'll just find a random person to marry.  As she speaks, CY also starts to stand as he watches her curiously.  BQ continues that she'll have kids with this random person and be incredibly happy because everything that she couldn't make happen with him, she'll make happen with this other person.  At that, CY grabs her close and tsks.  He comments that she's very honest, and she's like, "That's right.  Jealous?  If you don't want to see me living happily with another man, then you'd better come back to me alive."  CY kisses her on the forehead and.... that's when Xiao Liu runs in.  Because he always has the worst timing in the world.  (I bet this would not have happened to Commander Han! :P

Xiao Liu blushes to find them in an embrace and hurries to take his leave, but CY calls him back.  (He hilariously thinks it's because CY wants to scold him for interrupting them so he apologizes, "I really didn't do it on purpose.")  Xiao Liu updates that Commander Han and someone else are back and finished with their investigating the dead bodies.  He, himself, also discovered that QW's servant did leave the manor soon after BQ left.  Someone also saw her meeting with someone acting suspiciously.  He brought the witness back and that person confirmed that QW's servant met with the assassin.  BQ's not surprised to hear this and when CY asks after DFS, Xiao Liu updates that they weren't able to find him as DFS had already vacated the place he'd been staying and so they don't know where he's gone.  CY says to BQ that originally, he didn't want to mess with DFS but DFS keeps sticking around her and with him not being able to stay by her side to protect her in the upcoming days, he suggests that maybe they should capture him now.  BQ tells him to forget about it since, after all, he did save her life.  (Well now who's sounding like CY right now.  Sigh.)  In the end, CY only orders Xiao Liu to send Commander Han to take QW to prison.  He adds that they should send several people to watch her to make sure she doesn't escape. 

In QW's bedroom, she's sitting on her bed while her servant frets nervously wondering why she hasn't yet heard anything.  Commander Han appears with his people and she gasps.  Commander Han states the purpose of his visit and QW can hardly believe what she's hearing.  She suspects BQ of framing her, but Commander Han tells her that she can save her words for the judge.  She then accuses BQ of having sent him and demands to see CY.  He tells her that BQ is currently recovering from her injuries and that CY is tending to them.  Furthermore, the order to send QW to prison came from CY himself.  (THIS IS WHY I LOVE THIS GUY.)   QW still won't believe him and goes barging into CY's quarters.

Once in front of CY, QW insists she didn't do anything.  He says he'll give her one more chance and asks if she's certain she didn't do anything.  She says she didn't and points out that she's already at that point where she has only him to rely on; therefore, she has no reason to touch BQ.  She says that BQ must've framed her.  BQ is incredulous at the accusation.  QW asks CY to trust in her.  He responds that he's given her chances before; it was she who didn't know how to treasure them.  He sends her away. 

Ironically, the one time CY finally stands his ground . . . once in prison, the servant kneels down before QW, apologize, and confesses that it was she who arranged everything.  QW can't believe it really was her.  The servant explains she couldn't take BQ anymore and wanted to seek retribution on QW's behalf.  This angers QW because, look at them now, they're in prison while BQ and CY are living happily at the manor. She asks how her servant could be so stupid.  (Oh, I don't know, I think she's actually brilliant for once.)   QW thinks back to CY's comment about how he's given her many chances before, but she didn't know how to treasure them.

The scene cuts to DFS and his right hand woman.  They're discussing how they can't believe they lost BQ to CY again and how next time, it'll be that much harder to trick BQ out of the manor.  It's at that moment his grandfather arrives with the suggestion that they just get rid of everyone in Dong Ping Jun manor then.  Seeing his grandfather there, DFS realizes that means CY is back as well and that it must be true that CY knew about Biluotian and ruined all of his grandfather's plans.  The Mysterious Man says it's not entirely certain, but there was a man all dressed in black who was came and interrupted them to save Ah Fu.  He was very skilled with the bow and arrow, and the Mysterious Man suspects that person now has the stuff that were previously with Ah Fu.  DFS says he can't believe someone would go up against his grandfather, and then he has a moment of realization.  He asks his grandfather if he had said that person was skilled with the bow and arrow.  His grandfather says yes, and DFS puts two and two together to confirm it was CY.  DFS says if the sphere, map, are both in his hands, and he has BQ, then he'll be able to obtain all the Biluotian treasures.  DFS says he can't believe everything his grandfather's been looking for were found by CY first.  (Because good things come to good people!)  His grandfather gives the order to infiltrate the manor that night, so they can kidnap both CY and BQ. 

Back at the prison, QW overhears two guardsmen talking.  They're discussing how they can't believe just a few days ago, CY was a hero for having wiped out the sand bandits but now he's being accused of rebellion.  QW tells her servant that she needs to escape so she can visit CY.  They then work together to call the guards over, bash their heads in together, and steal the key so they can escape. 

At the same time, the Mysterious Man, DFS, and the right hand woman are outside the manor getting ready to break in.  But before they can make any movement, a whole army arrives.  An order is given for everyone inside to be captured and killed.  DFS wonders why the army's there and the Mysterious Man gives the order for his people to retreat.  Inside the manor, Xiao Liu wakes up BQ telling her that something has happened to CY.  He helps her escape but once outside, she asks him what's going on.  Xiao Liu says he doesn't know. He only knows he was standing guard as CY and Commander Han discussed business when all of the sudden people came saying they were there to kill CY.  That's when CY ordered him to take BQ to safety and watch over her.  Hearing this, BQ wants to run back and find CY.  Xiao Liu fights with her to keep her where she is, and that's when they see a prison carriage roll past.  CY's inside.

Ep 40 Recap!

Hide contents

The episode picks up with DFS and his right hand woman discussing how CY never made a peep when DFS raised a ruckus at the Dong Ping Jun manor.  As he suspects that means CY wasn't there, DFS starts going through his rolodex of information to figure out what that might mean.  (As I wrote that sentence out, it occurred to me: Do people even know what a rolodex is anymore?!  Haha.)  He observes that LMY told him CY was sent by the Emperor to investigate his grandfather.  His grandfather and the Emperor's men were to battle it out at some forest location.  He wonders if CY found out about as well and went there.  But what he can't figure out is, if he's one of the Emperor's people, why would CY be acting so secretively and furtively.  His right hand woman says that he must be trying to avoid a specific person (points to her for her deductive skills :rolleyes:) and DFS says that based on the way CY treats him, he doesn't think CY knows the truth about his background.  DFS also wonders who he's trying to hide from and gives up in utter annoyance when he can't figure it out.  (Not going to lie, his frustration amuses me.)  He then tells his right hand woman to go warn his grandfather about CY.

After his right hand woman leaves, DFS thinks to himself, "Grandfather suspected that the Seventh Prince knew about Biluotian.  That means there's a high probability that CY knows Zhu Ya Tou is the Biluotian Priestess.  That means I can't keep letting her stay by his side." 

The Mysterious Man is meeting with LMY.  He doesn't sound too worried about CY and observes that even within the Emperor's people there are good and bad people among them.  He says that so long as they prepare well, it won't matter how many people the others bring, he'll be able to get what he wants.  LMY promises that this time she'll lead his secret army to success, and he just looks at her and says he won't yet make an issue of the stuff she's screwed up so far (like Ming Yue Shan) and instead will wait to see how she performs this time.  If she performs well and helps him gain the world, he'll appoint her as the Minister of Revenue.  LMY thanks him for letting her off. 

The camera pans out and we see DFS's right hand woman there as well.  She reports that DFS punished everyone left at Ming Yue Shan and the only people left are QW and her servant, who are hiding out at the Prince of Dong Ping Jun's manor.  She reassures him that DFS has appointed people to watch over them.  The Mysterious Man stands and comments that DFS has performed well this time.  He trusts that with DFS around, QW won't live for much longer.  He also adds that he heard CY has BQ with him, and the right hand woman confirms this.  He wonders why DFS would let that stand given that he knows about the Seventh Prince also knowing about Biluotian.  He then commands the right hand woman to pass word back that DFS should get BQ back.  She leaves, and then someone else arrives to say that the Emperor's people are almost to that meeting place in the forest.  The Mysterious Man gives the word for everyone to mobilize into place.

In the forest, Ah Fu and his sister are hurrying along with the Emperor's people following close behind.  Ah Fu tells his sister that they're almost at the entrance to Biluotian and this is their best chance at running away.  He says this is also why the Mysterious Man still hasn't made his appearance.  One of the Emperor's men approaches and asks Ah Fu why they still haven't arrived at their destination.  He says the Emperor is starting to get impatient and Ah Fu asks if it's the Emperor who's growing impatient or him.  The other man brushes off the criticism, but it's clear nobody trusts anybody which, given current situation, sounds just about right. 

At that moment, smoke bombs are thrown at them.  It's poisonous gas and Ah Fu uses the opportunity to steal a sword from one of the collapsed solders and drags his sister away to separate themselves from the Emperor's men.  As they run away, we see CY arrived dressed as Lian Yi Ke.  He's met by his own band of black-garbed men and asks if they've seen Ah Fu.  They report back that he's not there and suspect that he's already run away.  CY orders them to keep looking. 

Ah Fu and his sister arrive in an open area with piles of standing rocks in front of them.  They've arrived.  Ah Fu holds up his map and points out the symbol that they need to find.  If they can find that symbol, then they'll know where the hole that leads them to Biluotian is.  They search everywhere and at one point Ah Fu leans upon a tree trunk for support.  That's when he realizes his hand has touched it.  He brushes aside the vines and finds a knot hole.  As he peers into it, he calls out excitedly to his sister.  She runs over asking if he found it.  He has!  But of course that's when the Mysterious Man flies in saying that he's finally found them.  The Mysterious Man lunges forward with is sword and Ah Fu pushes his sister aside and stops the sword by grabbing onto it.  (Personally, I thought he should've just moved to the side as well and let the Mysterious Man's forward force of motion propel him and his sword into the tree trunk behind him, but you know, I'm not a Martial Arts fighter, so what do I know? ;)

I'll just summarize this next part by saying: it's a bloody battle.  LMY, Qing Yan, and the other members of their party arrive soon after so you know it it's a hopeless cause from the get go considering that only Ah Fu knows how to fight.  He urges his sister to run for his life, but Qing Yan just runs after her and takes her down.  Ah Fu's seriously injured himself already when he witnesses his sister's death.  He starts to run for her and the Mysterious Man uses that moment of distraction to run a sword through him via his back.  Amazingly he doesn't just keel over and die then and instead uses his anger to turn back around to the Mysterious Man, who just runs his sword through him again.  This time from the front side.  (If I'm being flippant, it's on purpose.  It's the only way I can get through watching this scene twice.  *hides behind hands*)  Right at this moment, Lian Yi Ke arrives with his merry men and they all start shooting arrows at the Mysterious Man and crew.  (Side note: I love the background music in this scene.  It was like watching an action movie!)  LMY takes several arrows to the body as she rushes to shield the Mysterious Man, and what will she get for her efforts?  Well, you'll soon find out. 

The arrows take down almost all of the others, except for Qing Yan and the Mysterious Man.  As the Mysterious Man flies out of the arrows' paths, CY sends his men in to fetch Ah Fu and his sister's bodies and once that's successfully done, he orders his men to retreat.  The Mysterious Man comes back out of hiding and chases after them with the few remaining soldiers by his side.  LMY just watches them leave.  She recites a poem, because I suppose that's what one did back then under such circumstances, and as she watches the Mysterious Man's backside grow smaller and smaller in the distance, she calls out to him, "Jiu Feng [Ninth Phoenix]!  Do you not know how I feel about you?" 

Qing Yan approaches.  She's terribly amused by these turn of circumstances.  Standing over this woman who terrorized her all through her youth, Qing Yan informs her that their master only ever regarded her as one of his chess pieces.  LMY refuses to believe this.  How could she be just a chess piece to him?  She insists that she's different from everyone else, but Qing Yan knows better (probably because the Mysterious Man treated LMY the same way LMY treated her and her sister).  Qing Yan tells LMY it doesn't matter what she believes because she's going to die soon anyway.  She looks to the spot where the Mysterious Man departed and says she has to thank him for giving her such an opportunity to kill her.  LMY says, "Kill me?  Why would you kill me?"  Qing Yan asks if she's raised her for so long that she no longer remembers her birth background?  She reminds LMY that she killed her parents and stole their children, forcing her and QW to face the harshest of trainings as part of their growing up experience.  She even pitted the two sisters against each other.  After she finishes revealing everything that she knows, Qing Yan asks her, "Why do you think I want to kill you?"  LMY responds, "So, you know it all already."  

I'll speed up the rest of this conversation by summarizing it as: LMY tries to protect her life by arguing nurture over nature, but that argument only works if you actually nurture the child you raise.  As we know, she did not do that for Qing Yan or QW, so in the end, blood proves thicker than water for Qing Yan and she slices LMY's throat.  Bye bye, LMY!

Qing Yan and LMY's final moment is in stark contrast to the one that follows between CY and Ah Fu.  CY wants to try and treat Ah Fu.  He tells Ah Fu that there's a highly skilled doctor at his place, and if they can just make it there, Ah Fu will have hope.  Ah Fu asks him to take his sister instead, but CY has to point out that she's already dead and only if a person still has life in them can they be saved.  Ah Fu apologizes to his sister's body.  He tells her that he thought by taking her out this time, he'd be able to return them to Biluotian.  In the end, he failed.  He tells his sister that he's coming to keep her company, and CY fights with him to live.  He reminds his master that it's only the living who can seek revenge and enter Biluotian.  Ah Fu begs him for a favor instead.  He asks CY to cremate both him and his sister and to take their remains back to Biluotian.  He then hands over both the Biluotian map and sphere and reminds CY that Biluotian has always been the coveted target by many common people; therefore, he must never let anyone know that the sphere and map are in his hand.  After delivering the goods and the other secrets of what to look out for in locating Biluotian, he says his farewells and then grabs his dagger and plunges it into his own heart.  As CY calls out for him and tries to take out the dagger, which Ah Fu holds tightly within him, Ah Fu turns to his sister and takes her hand.  "Little sister, let's go home."  *tears*  CY continues to call out for his master.  *tears some more*  And then, finally, we see CY carrying out AH Fu's last wishes which was to burn their bodies.  As he watches the funeral pyre, CY promises to send his master back to Biluotian. 

The emperor has a visitor who apparently made an urgent request to see him.  We hear his voice before we see him; it's the traitor, Bai Jian Fei. (Yeah, sorry, I'm not even going to be objective about this one.  If it looks like a traitor, walks like a traitor, and talks like a traitor, then it probably is a traitor.)  BJF tells the emperor there's something he's been struggling over and in the end, he'd decided that it still would be best for him to share with the emperor.  The emperor commands him to speak although he doesn't seem the least bit interested in what BJF has to say until the latter asks the former if he's familiar with the name, Lian Yi Ke, and says that the real identify of Lian Yi Ke is someone close to him (the emperor).  The emperor asks him who would dare, and BJF, the traitor answers, "The Prince of Dong Ping Jun."  And because that's not enough information to share, he also reveals that Zhu Manor's Miss Sun, is the Hua Bu Qi who was previously installed at Mo Manor and the Seventh Prince's illegitimate daughter, and that CY and BQ have a personal relationship.  You're really on a roll, aren't you, traitor???  BJF says he found it all very suspect so that's why he wanted to bring this all to the emperor. 

The emperor seeks to clarify whether "Yu Er" (how he refers to CY) is LYK, and BJF says that Yuan Chong also knows the truth of this matter and, if need be, the emperor can call upon him for questioning.  (Because that's just great.  Now you're going to drag both your friends through the mud!  What did CY and YC do to ever gain a friend like you, BJF?)  The emperor says there's no need as he knows the three of them grew up together.  He wonders though why BJF is bringing up this matter at this specific moment.  BJF says that LYK has repeatedly gone up against government officials and enjoys the firm support of the people.  Also, Zhu Manor exerts powerful influence in the Jiang Nan area.  That's why even though he and CY are good friends, as someone who works for the emperor, he can't overlook that he thinks his friend has intentions to go against authority.  The emperor asks him, "You think Yu Er will plot a rebellion?"  And BJF answers that CY is a meticulous thinker so he's never been able to see through him to know what to expect.  (BECAUSE YOU'RE A SUCKY FRIEND.) 

The emperor laughs bitterly.  He says BJF is indeed someone who is loyal to the sovereign.  He shares that he's also done some investigating and discovered that Zhu Manor owes a large debt.  Moreover, they're involved with some rebellious people (i.e., Mysterious Man and crew).  He observes that the national treasury, which is used for military supplies, has been falling short in its expectations while Zhu Manor is growing in power.  Therefore, he thinks this matter needs to be investigated carefully and sends BJF to do it.  He reminds him though to not disappoint him.  (Bet he never had to remind CY of that. Just saying!)  As he takes his leave, BJF asks, "What about LYK?"  (BECAUSE HE'S LIKE A DOG WITH A BONE.)  The emperor responds, "Punish without leniency."  (I swer BJF looked happy at those words, what do you guys think?)

BQ opens a door and comes out to speak with Commander Han.  She says it's been days and they haven't heard anything. She asks him if he wants to send someone to ask around, but Commander Han answers that since CY's pretending to be sick right now it would arouse suspicion if the Emperor were to find that he also disappeared.  As BQ wonders how come CY hasn't sent any word home, Zhu Shou comes running in with a letter from her own home.  It says her grandfather has fallen ill and BQ decides to return home immediately while Commander Han says he'll send some people with her. 

As BQ and Zhu Shou leave with two riders, DFS's people watch from a distance.  QW's servant also exits the manor and heads in the opposite direction.  Some place else, DFS is waiting with his people wondering why she hasn't yet appeared.  In the interest of time, I'm just going to summarize this part by explaining: DFS sent the letter to draw her out so he could kidnap her.  He didn't expect that she'd be intercepted in the middle by other assassins.  Zhu Shou and BQ plead for their lives by offering more money to the assassins, but assassins have their own code of loyalty.  They agree that Zhu Shou and BQ probably could give them more money, but they've already made a deal with someone else and so they need to act according to that deal.  That's when DFS arrives on the scene, pretending like he's there to help.  He asks who dares to fight him for what he wants and gives the order to have everyone killed.  He holds out his hand to BQ, but she does not take it.  It's only after Zhu Shou entreats her to accept it and escape that she does. 

Fortunately, we see CY riding along on his horse and he intercepts DFS and BQ.  When DFS sees him, he comments that his injuries really are amazing.  When he says he's sick, he's sick, when he says he's well, he's well.  CY just says he never imagined that it was DFS who kidnapped BQ.  He reminds him that that's a punishable offense.  DFS corrects him that BQ ran into a bunch of assassins, and he was the one to save her.   He says he's taking her away and orders CY to move aside.  As DFS tries to move his horse past them, CY thrusts his arm through and shoves DFS away from his horse in order to grab BQ.  DFS is prevented from making any further moves because Commander Han is also there with his band of men to block him. 

CY and BQ are safely back at home.  He's massaging her hand and asks if it still hurts.  She answers, "Of course it still hurts.  It's not like your hand is some sort of medicine.  How could it be that it would stop hurting at one touch?"  (Methinks someone just wants him to keep massaging her hand.)  She then adds, "But... even though my body hurts, my heart is is happy.  You finally came home."  She tells him that she's been worried these past few days.  She suddenly has a thought and asks him to find out what QW's servant has been up to all day, whether she's been away from the manor, who she might have met, BQ suspects the assassins that she ran into were sent by QW.  He tells her to rest easy because he's already sent people to investigate the matter as well.  She asks him if he also finds her suspicious and he just says he can't be certain about it right now, but once they investigate it thoroughly, they'll know.  He also reassures her that if it really was QW who was behind the attack, he won't hesitate to send her out of his manor and send her to prison.  BQ answers that there's no such thing as "if," and he should just wait to see.  CY smiles at her, but then turns away looking despondent.  BQ picks up on his mood and asks him what's wrong.  He tells her that his master is dead.  BQ immediately runs over to wrap her arms around him and comfort him.  He tells her that he's fine. BQ says she remembers when her uncle died, she dreamed of him of all the time.  Whenever she dreamed of him, she would cry.  It finally reached a point where one time when she was crying in her dreams, her uncle said to her, "BQ, don't cry anymore.  I raised you with the hope that you would continue living happily in this world.  Plus, if you keep crying every time you see me, then I won't dare to come find you anymore."  CY says that he remembers one time, she was locked up in the storage room, and she was crying for her uncle and chicken drumsticks.  He confesses his role behind that incident and BQ is surprised, but amused, to hear it.  After their moment of levity, BQ tells him that she's sure Ah Fu wouldn't want his death to make him this sad.  CY says he knows and that he won't let himself wallow for too long because he has more important matters to see to.

CY tells her that before Ah Fu died, he gave him two things.  These are two things that everyone wants, including the emperor, but he can't give it to them.  BQ wonders what these two things could possibly be that he has to hide it from the emperor.  CY tells her that Commander Han has updated him as to everything that's been going on in his absence.  He realizes now he wasn't careful enough when he traveled to the forest and he's left behind a lot of holes.  He feels they will, for certain, place all suspicions on his head, but he doesn't think their strength will be able to match his.  So he has no choice but to give up Dong Ping Jun manor and break up the whole into parts.  He takes her hands and asks if she remembers the people he sent to protect her while she was at Zhu Manor.  She nods her head yes and he says it may be that he'll be away from Suzhou for a long period of time.  She'll have to be by herself. 

BQ takes his face in her hands and tells him that so long as he lives, she will wait for him.  He tells her that if he should happen to die, she should find someone better to marry and not commit suicide.  She brushes him off and stands up, all indignant.  She says of course she wouldn't.  She's still so young so why woudln't she find someone else to marry, there's no need for her to commit suicide.  She then adds that everything she told him in the past was a lie, and should he really die, I'll just find a random person to marry.  As she speaks, CY also starts to stand as he watches her curiously.  BQ continues that she'll have kids with this random person and be incredibly happy because everything that she couldn't make happen with him, she'll make happen with this other person.  At that, CY grabs her close and tsks.  He comments that she's very honest, and she's like, "That's right.  Jealous?  If you don't want to see me living happily with another man, then you'd better come back to me alive."  CY kisses her on the forehead and.... that's when Xiao Liu runs in.  Because he always has the worst timing in the world.  (I bet this would not have happened to Commander Han! :P

Xiao Liu blushes to find them in an embrace and hurries to take his leave, but CY calls him back.  (He hilariously thinks it's because CY wants to scold him for interrupting them so he apologizes, "I really didn't do it on purpose.")  Xiao Liu updates that Commander Han and someone else are back and finished with their investigating the dead bodies.  He, himself, also discovered that QW's servant did leave the manor soon after BQ left.  Someone also saw her meeting with someone acting suspiciously.  He brought the witness back and that person confirmed that QW's servant met with the assassin.  BQ's not surprised to hear this and when CY asks after DFS, Xiao Liu updates that they weren't able to find him as DFS had already vacated the place he'd been staying and so they don't know where he's gone.  CY says to BQ that originally, he didn't want to mess with DFS but DFS keeps sticking around her and with him not being able to stay by her side to protect her in the upcoming days, he suggests that maybe they should capture him now.  BQ tells him to forget about it since, after all, he did save her life.  (Well now who's sounding like CY right now.  Sigh.)  In the end, CY only orders Xiao Liu to send Commander Han to take QW to prison.  He adds that they should send several people to watch her to make sure she doesn't escape. 

In QW's bedroom, she's sitting on her bed while her servant frets nervously wondering why she hasn't yet heard anything.  Commander Han appears with his people and she gasps.  Commander Han states the purpose of his visit and QW can hardly believe what she's hearing.  She suspects BQ of framing her, but Commander Han tells her that she can save her words for the judge.  She then accuses BQ of having sent him and demands to see CY.  He tells her that BQ is currently recovering from her injuries and that CY is tending to them.  Furthermore, the order to send QW to prison came from CY himself.  (THIS IS WHY I LOVE THIS GUY.)   QW still won't believe him and goes barging into CY's quarters.

Once in front of CY, QW insists she didn't do anything.  He says he'll give her one more chance and asks if she's certain she didn't do anything.  She says she didn't and points out that she's already at that point where she has only him to rely on; therefore, she has no reason to touch BQ.  She says that BQ must've framed her.  BQ is incredulous at the accusation.  QW asks CY to trust in her.  He responds that he's given her chances before; it was she who didn't know how to treasure them.  He sends her away. 

Ironically, the one time CY finally stands his ground . . . once in prison, the servant kneels down before QW, apologize, and confesses that it was she who arranged everything.  QW can't believe it really was her.  The servant explains she couldn't take BQ anymore and wanted to seek retribution on QW's behalf.  This angers QW because, look at them now, they're in prison while BQ and CY are living happily at the manor. She asks how her servant could be so stupid.  (Oh, I don't know, I think she's actually brilliant for once.)   QW thinks back to CY's comment about how he's given her many chances before, but she didn't know how to treasure them.

The scene cuts to DFS and his right hand woman.  They're discussing how they can't believe they lost BQ to CY again and how next time, it'll be that much harder to trick BQ out of the manor.  It's at that moment his grandfather arrives with the suggestion that they just get rid of everyone in Dong Ping Jun manor then.  Seeing his grandfather there, DFS realizes that means CY is back as well and that it must be true that CY knew about Biluotian and ruined all of his grandfather's plans.  The Mysterious Man says it's not entirely certain, but there was a man all dressed in black who was came and interrupted them to save Ah Fu.  He was very skilled with the bow and arrow, and the Mysterious Man suspects that person now has the stuff that were previously with Ah Fu.  DFS says he can't believe someone would go up against his grandfather, and then he has a moment of realization.  He asks his grandfather if he had said that person was skilled with the bow and arrow.  His grandfather says yes, and DFS puts two and two together to confirm it was CY.  DFS says if the sphere, map, are both in his hands, and he has BQ, then he'll be able to obtain all the Biluotian treasures.  DFS says he can't believe everything his grandfather's been looking for were found by CY first.  (Because good things come to good people!)  His grandfather gives the order to infiltrate the manor that night, so they can kidnap both CY and BQ. 

Back at the prison, QW overhears two guardsmen talking.  They're discussing how they can't believe just a few days ago, CY was a hero for having wiped out the sand bandits but now he's being accused of rebellion.  QW tells her servant that she needs to escape so she can visit CY.  They then work together to call the guards over, bash their heads in together, and steal the key so they can escape. 

At the same time, the Mysterious Man, DFS, and the right hand woman are outside the manor getting ready to break in.  But before they can make any movement, a whole army arrives.  An order is given for everyone inside to be captured and killed.  DFS wonders why the army's there and the Mysterious Man gives the order for his people to retreat.  Inside the manor, Xiao Liu wakes up BQ telling her that something has happened to CY.  He helps her escape but once outside, she asks him what's going on.  Xiao Liu says he doesn't know. He only knows he was standing guard as CY and Commander Han discussed business when all of the sudden people came saying they were there to kill CY.  That's when CY ordered him to take BQ to safety and watch over her.  Hearing this, BQ wants to run back and find CY.  Xiao Liu fights with her to keep her where she is, and that's when they see a prison carriage roll past.  CY's inside.

OMG what an action packed episode! I read through your recap and probably forgot to breathe! Thank you!

11 hours ago, vtxy said:

Yes they change it back to ZBB don't worry! Don't think the other guy has that much screentime based on previews :)

Yes, I think ZBB will appear soon afterward..Isn't this the same costume as that guy? 

DzwKHtDVAAItwWw.jpg

I just caught up with this drama and its so addictive ;) honestly, when I saw the poster, I thought ZBB was Dylan Guo, they have similar facial feature from the side.

anyway, just wondering what happened to Zhu Shou (the butler) after the robbery case? Because if DFS has difficulty getting out of the desert, shouldn’t Zhu Shou has even more difficulty getting out of there too? Not to mention, he probably also trying to look for HBQ. And although he is smart in terms of dealing with bandits, won’t he get attacked by other bandits at the desert and with no martial art skills, he won’t be able to survive. I know he is a minor character, but I just found his character very funny, I really hope we’ll see more of him.

On 1/10/2019 at 3:54 PM, rikimaiu said:

MoLuoFei's character is actually a guy. However they use a female actress to act as MoLuoFei who is supposed to be a guy. I don't understand why they need to do that as there are abundance of young male actors. 

I found this really weird, is there an explanation on why they need to cast a woman as MLF? 

2 hours ago, shihuangdi said:

I just caught up with this drama and its so addictive ;) honestly, when I saw the poster, I thought ZBB was Dylan Guo, they have similar facial feature from the side.

anyway, just wondering what happened to Zhu Shou (the butler) after the robbery case? Because if DFS has difficulty getting out of the desert, shouldn’t Zhu Shou has even more difficulty getting out of there too? Not to mention, he probably also trying to look for HBQ. And although he is smart in terms of dealing with bandits, won’t he get attacked by other bandits at the desert and with no martial art skills, he won’t be able to survive. I know he is a minor character, but I just found his character very funny, I really hope we’ll see more of him.

Googled on Dylan Guo, I don't think they looked similar (maybe side views could be a different story?) ... recently, I find the eyes of ZBB, reminds me of Chen Xiao, if I covered half of his face (just the eyes part visible), I could mistake him for CX. 

As for Zhu Shou, I think he is quite street wise and well traveled, so I don't think he have issues to take care of himself.  And We do see him later with BQ again ...

4 hours ago, shihuangdi said:

We meet back up with him in Ep 38, where he's already made it to the next city that he and BQ were heading towards when they ran into the shady innkeepers.  Since the Zhu Family has stores in all these cities that they've been traveling through, Zhu Shou has traveled to all these places before.  After running away from the second innkeeper, he knew what direction to follow.  On a more well-traveled road, he'd have less of a problem with running into bandits and whatnot.  BQ didn't know where she was going, went in the opposite direction ,and that's how she ended up farther into the desert.  

4 hours ago, shihuangdi said:

I found this really weird, is there an explanation on why they need to cast a woman as MLF? 

As for MF, it was originally suspected that perhaps the MF character would turn out to be a female who was disguised and raised as a male in order to lead the family's business.  (Because, in the beginning of the drama, there were scenes like him getting injured and no one being allowed in to to see him, including a doctor, other than his mother.)  We haven't seen the end of MF yet, so that may very well still be the case.  But it may also just be that the drama decided to cast whomever they thought the best fit for that character, and I think we can all agree the actress has done a fine job of it considering all the interest in her character.  Also, it's worth noting that based on how the actress presents herself generally, I would not be surprised if she was more comfortable accepting this sort of a role than a female one.  

Recap Update: Ep 41 should be up later today, hopefully, sooner rather than later.  ;)  

We meet back up with him in Ep 38, where he's already made it to the next city that he and BQ were heading towards when they ran into the shady innkeepers.  Since the Zhu Family has stores in all these cities that they've been traveling through, Zhu Shou has traveled to all these places before.  After running away from the second innkeeper, he knew what direction to follow.  On a more well-traveled road, he'd have less of a problem with running into bandits and whatnot.  BQ didn't know where she was going, went in the opposite direction ,and that's how she ended up farther into the desert.  

As for MF, it was originally suspected that perhaps the MF character would turn out to be a female who was disguised and raised as a male in order to lead the family's business.  (Because, in the beginning of the drama, there were scenes like him getting injured and no one being allowed in to to see him, including a doctor, other than his mother.)  We haven't seen the end of MF yet, so that may very well still be the case.  But it may also just be that the drama decided to cast whomever they thought the best fit for that character, and I think we can all agree the actress has done a fine job of it considering all the interest in her character.  Also, it's worth noting that based on how the actress presents herself generally, I would not be surprised if she was more comfortable accepting this sort of a role than a female one.  

Thanks for this, now it makes more sense. Because I originally thought the road BQ and DFS go through is the path that needs to be taken. I really love how Zhu Shou deals with the bandits and negotiate the ransom - even saying I cannot lose even 0.01kg :lol: I hope he stays till the end, even though the character is minor, it adds some comedy into the story.

11 hours ago, angelangie said:

hahaha something sweet :P

dont watch lols :D 

Reveal hidden contents

Hi all, i have been lurking but this is just too sweet to not say a word. Tqvm for this @angelangie, i believe this is their first real kiss which is really befitting as their love go through all the thick and thin. I am just curious which episode is this kiss in actually...would you know @angelangie? Tqvm.

Hi @themarchioness, i just want to send virtual hugs and big thanks for your wonderful recaps. 

Archived