[Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] I Will Never Let You Go / Legend of Huo Buo 小女花不弃

sugarplum892

• Replies 987
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, mouse007 said:

Me waiting for subs and recaps like a madman. :joy:

LOL.  I just cut a co-worker off mid-sentence and said, "I'm sorry to cut this short, but I need to jet."  :lol: Heading home to do you know what!!!  

(Don't worry.  It wasn't a necessary work-related conversation.  Just idle chit chat.  I'm not rude!!  LOL.)

@mouse007  You’re right, Bai Jian Fei has ambitions.  In the upcoming episodes he reveals to CY that he's actually been working as the emperor's special envoy for 2 years already, so that explains the character change.  Being a nice guy and all timid was just an act apparently.

@ck1Oz @themarchioness  I agree, that part with Yun Lang and Dan Sha was confusing.  I do think something happened when they got drugged, because that was DFS' intention and Yun Lang's exact words were 肌肤之亲 but we'll never know for sure because those scenes got deleted from the TV version.  In the trailer, you can see Dan Sha taking off her clothes at 3:52 but we never saw that on the aired episode.  Who knows, given this is a C-drama, maybe they edited out some intimate scenes between the OTP too!

3 hours ago, themarchioness said:

LOL.  I just cut a co-worker off mid-sentence and said, "I'm sorry to cut this short, but I need to jet."  :lol: Heading home to do you know what!!!  

(Don't worry.  It wasn't a necessary work-related conversation.  Just idle chit chat.  I'm not rude!!  LOL.)

@themarchioness LOL! Sorry co-worker, nothing trumps drama watching (another drama truth)! :D

1 hour ago, turtle0217 said:

That's all I've been doing, waiting for subs and once I finish the episodes with subs, I read the recaps  :lol:

@turtle0217 I'm the opposite since the recaps come out before the subs are available. I actually the raw versions then I read the recaps here then I watch the subs and then I re-watch my favourite scenes. Then I go to IG and try to find previews of the next episodes and do this on repeat until next round of episodes come out. OBSESSED!! 

@achng but what does Jian Fei aspire for? A more prominent position? So he only befriended CY because of the emperor? No wonder CY was so upset with him.

8 minutes ago, mouse007 said:

@themarchioness LOL! Sorry co-worker, nothing trumps drama watching (another drama truth)! :D

@turtle0217 I'm the opposite since the recaps come out before the subs are available. I actually the raw versions then I read the recaps here then I watch the subs and then I re-watch my favourite scenes. Then I go to IG and try to find previews of the next episodes and do this on repeat until next round of episodes come out. OBSESSED!!

LOL, yes, exactly!  And I'm impressed by your your level of dedication to this drama.  I salute you!  You'll also be glad to know I've not watched one, but both of today's episodes already and am off to start my recap.  ;) 

29 minutes ago, themarchioness said:

LOL, yes, exactly!  And I'm impressed by your your level of dedication to this drama.  I salute you!  You'll also be glad to know I've not watched one, but both of today's episodes already and am off to start my recap.  ;) 

You’re my hero! Cannot wait to read it because there was so much happening today between CY, BQ and LQW! 

6 hours ago, mouse007 said:

@achng but what does Jian Fei aspire for? A more prominent position? So he only befriended CY because of the emperor? No wonder CY was so upset with him.

Spoiler

@mouse007  Haha, your dedication is REAL! :D  My guess is they were childhood friends all along, but he chose power over friendship and didn't hesitate to betray CY in order to gain favour with the emperor.  He revealed to the emperor that CY is LYK and also suggested using HBQ's safety to threaten/control CY since the emperor was already suspicious of him.  That's what I gathered from the spoiler clips, we'll see what role BJF plays (if any) in helping the emperor find Biluotian.

Phew. Sorry... I don't know why one episode took me so long to recap, but it did.  I'll try and get the next one up before I go to bed, but... it's getting late.  I'll try.

Ep 38 recap

Spoiler

The episode opens with scenes of fire.  The sand bandits have abandoned the chase for CY at the moment to focus their attention on controlling the fire.  LMY makes an appearance.  Around that same time, on the other side of the sand bandits, DFS and BQ crawl up a flight of stairs dressed in their sand bandit clothes.  They're covering their faces with their arms, but LMY recognizes them anyway.  She orders all the sand bandits to stop what they're doing.  DFS and BQ also stop dead in their tracks.  While BQ looks away, DFS makes eye contact with LMY.  He gives her the thumbs down signal and she nods her head ever so slightly to acknowledge it.  She then says, "Who could have imagined there would be another rescuer," and orders the sand bandits to capture them.  DFS puts out his arms to protect BQ, but they're slowly backed into a corner.  That's when, from up above, CY makes his appearance.  In an utter display of hotness (yeah, I know, I'm not at all biased or anything), CY flies down into the fray and kicks one of the sand bandits to the floor.  He then tells DFS to take BQ and go while he stops the others.  BQ yells back that if they're going to leave, they should all leave, but LMY gives the order to kill the Dong Ping Jun Prince, and the sand bandits all attack CY at once.  As BQ lunges for CY, DFS holds her back and tells her she can't.  CY captures one of the sand bandit to use as a momentary shield and once again orders them to hurry up and leave.  BQ calls for him and DFS drags her away.  She does look back twice more, but each time DFS drags her back on course. 

With BQ and DFS finally gone, CY throws himself into the fight.  He's doing a pretty good job of handling all the sand bandits by himself, so LMY decides to grab a sword and step in.  She catches him on the left side of his shoulder (right where the arm and chest meet) and he quickly shoves her sword aside.  As they break apart in their fight, the scene cuts to BQ and DFS running through the sand caves.  At a certain point, BQ stops and bites DFS on the hand.  With him distracted, she tries to run back to CY.  That's when DFS just lifts her over his shoulder in a fireman's carry and thinks to himself, "Zhu Ya Tou, since you like CY, I'll just let him die right here." 

Back in the throne room, it's still CY against a horde of sand bandits.  LMY steps in again and this time she manages to slice him on his right side (think kidney-ish area).  He once again shoves her away, but then a whole 'nother horde of sand bandits arrive yelling, "Kill!"  LMY repeats again the order to kill him and so CY throws his sword at one of the newly arrived sand bandits.  As the sword lands in the sand bandit's stomach, the force of his throw propels the sand bandit backwards, knocking down the other newly arrived sand bandits.  It's almost like a lethal version of sand bandit bowling!  Isn't CY so dashing???  (What, were you guys expecting an objective recapper?  ;))  CY uses this opportunity to fly away to safety. 

Outside the sand caves, in a city in the desert (specifically, Xi Chu Zhou, the place where BQ was supposed to have met up with Zhu Shou), Xiao Liu and Commander Han are waiting anxiously for CY.  Xiao Liu comments that it's been several days already and CY hasn't sent any word back.  He wonders if something might have happened.  Just as Commander Han says that he'll go take a look while Xiao Liu is to remain where he is, outside the city's gates, DFS and BQ arrive on horseback with the latter repeatedly telling the former to let her go.  They're stopped at the city's entrance where the guard asks them to state their business.  DFS says he's there to treat the sick, but that's when BQ spies Xiao Liu in the distance.  Breaking free of DFS, she runs towards him calling out his name.  Xiao Liu is surprised to see the "princess."  He asks her where she's been and she tells him to hurry up and save CY.  She tells him that CY's trapped in the sand caves and is in danger.  Next to them, Commander Han says he'll go find the local prefect's army, but BQ tells him to wait as she pulls out the map of the sand caves. 

Still stuck dealing with the city's guards, DFS says, "Look!" and points in BQ's direction.  He then shoves the guard aside and runs over to BQ, hitting her on the back such that she faints.  Xiao Liu asks him what he's doing and he introduces himself as her rescuer.  He also adds that if he hadn't hit her, she'd just try once more to go back into the sand caves.  He then tells Xiao Liu and Commander Han that since they obviously know her, they should protect her.  He throws BQ towards Xiao Liu and then runs back for his horse.  Commander Han gives the order to stop him, but it's too late.  He's ridden out of the city gates already and the guardsmen run after him.

Back in the sand caves, CY is badly injured and creeping around trying to avoid detection.  The sand bandits and LMY are still looking for him.  LMY is just standing over where CY is hiding when one of her people comments to her that he can't believe CY can manage to escape and hide with so many people looking for him.  He's actually kind of impressed, but LMY answers that no matter how good CY is, he will die there today.  Just as they're about to walk off, a messenger from the Mysterious Man arrive.  He's basically giving her the update that the Emperor's men are closing in on the Biluotian area and that the Mysterious Man wants her to meet up with him at some place for the fight they've all been waiting for.  At that same time, the warning horn is sounded.  LMY asks what's going on and when she goes to investigate, she's surprised to find that it was DFS who had sounded the horn.  He tells her to that the army from Xi Chu Zhou are going to be arriving soon and that she and her people should retreat immediately.  LMY asks how come she hadn't yet received word of this news and he again orders her to retreat, asking her if she thinks he hurried back to lie to her.  He then reveals that BQ stole the head sand bandit's map and has turned it over to CY's men.  Therefore, she should hurry up and go report herself to his grandfather.  LMY thanks him for his warning and says that they will leave immediately.

Back in Xi Chu Zhou, poor Zhu Shou meets with an official who thanks Zhu Shou for the latest bribe offering.  It sounds like Zhu Shou has made multiple visits to this official already all in the hopes that the official will be able to help him find BQ.  The official observes though that he knows Zhu Shou has also been visiting other people asking them for help and insinuates that this insults him.  He then gives this long speech to basically say that Zhu Shou should leave the investigation matters to him and that if he keeps putting his finger in mix, he's going to mess up the existing investigation that's going on with the sand caves.  But after Zhu Shou leaves, another person arrives to tell him that the army has received a copy of the sand cave map and that they're on their way to the sand caves.  The official is shocked to hear this and from that reaction, I think from we may all assume that this is a corrupt official who was never going to help Zhu Shou. 

Commander Han and the army arrive at the sand caves and finds it empty of sand bandits.  But they do find CY - yay! - who's doubled over in pain with a hand over his wound - boo!  As the commander of the prefect army apologize for arriving late, CY waves his apology aside and tells him to hurry with his men to chase after the sand bandits.  He tells them that they only just left.  As the prefect army leaves, CY asks Commander Han how he managed to find him.  Commander Han tells him about meeting a man at the city gates who made the "princess" faint, and that it was the princess who gave them the map which allowed them to find him.  CY asks Commander Han where BQ is and he answers that she's with Xiao Liu at a nearby courier station.  CY is relieved to hear this and tells Commander Han that's fine and to let her stay nearby for the time being to rest.  He instructs Commander Han to post some people to watch over her and not let get into the hands of DFS.  He also tells Commander Han to not let her know that he's been seriously injured as she'll worry.  He then shares the information that he overheard from the Mysterious Man's messenger.  CY suspects that this time, they'll be going up against his master, Ah Fu.  He orders Commander Han to send their army to the location that the Mysterious Man had wanted LMY to meet him at, and that if their people should run into Ah Fu, they should give him a warning.  Commander Han asks CY if he'll be okay and he says he's fine, he just needs to rest up for a little bit. 

Right at this moment DFS reappears in his usual robes.  The prince's army pull out their swords as they hold him back, but CY gives the order for them to put away their swords.  He says DFS is not an enemy.  DFS runs over to CY and asks if he's alright, and that's when CY faints into Commander Han's arms. 

The scene cuts to DFS drinking tea with that usual expression of his on his face (you guys know which one I'm talking about!) while CY's being treated by a doctor in the background.  As the doctor finishes up, Commander Han asks if CY will be alright.  The doctor provides reassurance that he only lost blood and just needs to rest up and will be fine.  When Commander Han asks when he'll wake up, the doctor estimates that it should only be another hour.  After the doctor leaves, DFS comments that it's good to hear CY will be okay.  Then he asks Commander Han for BQ's whereabouts.  Commander Han responds that without the prince's order, he dares not make any decisions on his own.  DFS says that's too bad as it'll still be some time before CY wakes up, but that's fine.  He'll walk around the city in the meantime and then return later to find him.  As DFS leaves, another person enters to tell Commander Han that the official from Xi Chu Zhou wants to meet with them.  Commander Han sends back word that they'll have to wait until CY's awake for any decisions to be made.

Elsewhere, BQ runs to open the door and happens upon Xiao Liu who's just about to enter with some soup.  He comments that she's awake and says she's just in time to have some of the soup he's brought with him.  She asks him where CY is and he tells her not to worry as he just received word from Commander Han that CY's okay and is on his way back.  BQ is relieved and says so long as he's okay, that's fine.  She finally drinks some of the soup and as he watches her, Xiao Liu comments that he never imagined she'd be alive and that if his highness knew about it, then he'd be happy.  He then asks after the person who brought her back and says that even though that person hit her, it seemed like he really cared about her.  He asks her if that person is her beloved, and BQ very angrily responds, "He is not!  There is nothing between us!" 

The next scene is of Zhu Shou walking despondently through the city streets.  I feel for the poor guy.  He returns to local store that's owned by the Zhu Family and updates the clerk who works there.  I'll just summarize this part quickly so I can move on as I'm realizing I may be getting a little too detailed as I'm still not even 15 minutes in to the episode and I've been going at this for a while :P ... it sounds like Zhu Shou has already spent a lot of the store's money to find BQ.  The store doesn't have much money left and so Zhu Shou finally admits defeat and asks the clerk to write home, as he realizes he can't keep Grandfather Zhu in the dark about BQ's disappearance anymore.  Plus, they need additional funds to continue their search.  After the clerk runs off to do his bidding, the scene cuts to Zhu Shou at a gambling den.  Upstairs, DFS takes this in and meets with the female manager of the gambling den.  She updates him on the orders he'd given her relating to the Ming Yue Clan and then he tells her that he has one more thing for her to do.  We don't hear then what he has in mind, but we know it's related to Zhu Shou as the camera cuts back to him playing at the tables.

After a while, soldiers enter the gambling den.  As they push their way to the front, a member of the crowd asks the soldiers what brought them there.  They explain that they just flushed out the sand caves and with the reward money they earned, they've decided to come and play.  This captures Zhu Shou's attention who's excited to hear that the sand caves have been penetrated.  He immediately takes leave of the gambling table and that's the the female manager approaches him, inviting him to a high stakes table.  Fortunately, Zhu Shou just responds that he has something to take care of and doesn't take the bait (for now).  Instead, he goes to meet with local registrar (it's the same one who ran to tell the other official that the army had infiltrated the sand caves).  Zhu Shou says he heard the sand caves had been penetrated and he wonders if he BQ was found there.  The registrar responds that BQ wasn't found. 

As Zhu Shou sits along a water well, despondent over not being able to find BQ, he runs into DFS.  DFS acts all surprised to find him there and when Zhu Shou asks if he's happened to see BQ, he lies and says no.  For the sake of brevity, I'll just summarize this whole scene by saying that DFS plays Zhu Shou like a fiddle.  Zhu Shou doesn't want to ask DFS for help, but he doesn't really have a choice either given that he's exhausted all his other options at finding BQ.  But when Zhu Shou asks DFS for help, the latter pretends like this is an arduous task he doesn't want to take on.  He finally agrees to help -- for a price.  And since DFS's goal is to make it such that BQ is never able to repay her family's debt, it's a very high price.  Zhu Shou is reluctant to agree, but again, he doesn't exactly have a choice and so ultimately goes along with it and writes out and signs a contract. 

Back over where BQ is staying, Xiao Liu chases after as she tries to escape from her room.  He asks her where she's going and she says she's going to find the Zhu Family's local store so that she can leave a message for Zhu Shou.  Xiao Liu asks her how she could be connected with the Zhu Family and she just says it's a long story and when there's time, she'll explain it to him.  Just as she's about to head out once more, he stops her and says that CY previously gave the order that she was to remain there and rest up.  If there's something to be done, he'll take care of it.  BQ says that'll work too and instructs him which store to go to and the message he's to leave behind.  Just as Xiao Liu's about to leave though, they see QW walk past.  BQ asks Xiao Liu what she's doing there.  He starts to awkwardly hem and haw, but BQ takes off and so he hurries to run after her.

QW approaches a guarded door.  As the guards close in to prevent her from opening it, she asks if CY's inside.  She says he wants to see him and again reaches for the door.  That's when Commander Han opens the door and walks out, asking her what she's doing there.  QW says that in this area, there's only this inn and she's been waiting for him.  She repeats that she wants to see him and rushes past Commander Han where she indeed finds CY sleeping.  She sits down next to his bed and takes his hand in hers, and right at this moment, BQ also runs in.  She cries out CY's name but then steps back when she notices QW.  She turns back to to Commander Han and Xiao Liu and asks them what's going on.  Commander Han tells her that he's taken medicine and should be fine.  She questions whether they're also lying to her this time, and they tell her they wouldn't dare. 

It's at this moment that QW thinks back to what CY previously told her, that BQ isn't his father's daughter and that he and she are not siblings.  BQ notices QW looking at her, and she grabs QW's hands to pull her away from CY.  She presents QW to Xiao Liu and instructs him to have her locked up immediately because it turns out the sand bandits are controlled by Liu Ming Yue, which means that the sand bandits must be connected to the Ming Yue Clan, and this should be investigated thoroughly.  Xiao Liu responds that QW and CY are "friends," and he even claps his hands together to emphasize this point.  (Oh, Xiao Liu... I just want to cover your mouth right now.)  QW smirks and says to BQ that it's been a while already since she became one of CY's people.  She also points out that it's LMY who's connected to the sand bandits, not her.  She then tells Xiao Liu that BQ isn't his highness's daughter and isn't even the princess.  The men are surprised to hear this, but QW continues and says they've all been tricked by BQ.  It's BQ's turn to scoff and ask, "If I'm not, are you?"  That's when QW confronts her about their time in the desert together.  She reminds BQ that she'd insisted she was the Zhu family's granddaughter and only looked similar to the princess.  But now, while CY is in this fainted state, she's pretending to be the princess.  QW asks her what kind of a plan she has.  BQ just responds that she's both the princess and the Zhu Family's granddaughter and it just wasn't convenient to tell her that the other day.  QW says she doesn't believe her and tries to attack BQ, but she's blocked by Commander Han.  He asks her what she's doing and QW tells them they should lock up BQ, as she's afraid BQ will do something to harm CY.  Commander Han tells her that she's needlessly worrying, as before CY fainted, he ordered them to look out for BQ.  When Xiao Liu agrees, XQ insists that they've all been fooled by BQ.  This makes BQ laugh as she comments how QW is able to turn everything that's black into white.  She says that in her opinion, it looks like QW's trying to use this time when CY's fainted to drive her away or even have her killed.  She then tells QW that she's not one to die so easily.  QW asks the others if they really think it'd be so easy for someone who died to be alive.  She calls BQ an evil spirit and says if they don't get rid of her now, they'll regret it later. 

It's at this time that CY wakes up and tells QW to stop creating such a fuss.  He advises her to return to her home and reminds her of what he said to her at the inn in the desert.  He's ending their working relationship and suggest they never collaborate again in the future, or have anything to do with one another.  She takes in the sight of BQ's hand firmly clasped in his, as he tells her to leave.  I'm not at all giggling as I watch QW flounce out of the room and climb into her wagon.  As she rides away, she thinks to herself, "Hua Bu Qi, I'll definitely let you die one more time." 

Back in the bedroom, CY asks Commander Han for an update on the troops.  He then tells the two men that there's no further business for them there and sends them away, but not before instructing them that from now on, they're to refer to BQ as Miss Zhu and not the princess.  BQ also reminds Xiao Liu to visit the Zhu Family store, and he reassures that he'll do so immediately.  As the men walk out of the room, Xiao Liu asks Commander Han how it is that the princess became a granddaughter of the Zhu family and speculates that maybe the Seventh Prince previously recognized the wrong person.  Commander Han is clearly the smarter one, as he interrupts Xiao Liu to tell him to shut-up before his mouth gets him into trouble. 

We then return to the bedroom where the following conversation between CY and BQ takes place (I'm copying/pasting this from my prior translation, although I've updated it a little bit):

CY: Keep me company and lie down with me for a little bit.

BQ: Why should keep you company and lie down with you?  It's not like I'm LQW.

CY: Are you still jealous?  Didn't I just send her away?

BQ: Just now, the way Xiao Liu (CY's right hand man) was speaking up for her, that has to mean that before I arrived, your relationship with her was not normal.  (She forcefully shoves his hand away and CY doubles over from pain in his shoulder area.  BQ starts to freak out.)  What's the matter?  Did that affect your wound?  Where?  Where?  Where? 

CY: Here, here, here, here, here.  (As she reaches around to check, he grabs her in a hug.)  Don't move.  Let me hold onto you like this for a little bit more.

BQ: You faked it, didn't you?

CY: How could I?  It was real.  (He pulls her out of the hug and takes a good look at her.)  BQ, you look really nice today. 

BQ. Tch, flatterer.  (She finally smiles as he pulls on her cheek.)  Does it still hurt?  (He very cutely shakes his head no in.)

Elsewhere in the city, Xiao Liu goes to the Zhu family store and asks to see Zhu Shou.  The clerk invites him in.

Back in the bedroom, BQ and CY are lying in bed together.  She watches him sleep and trace his eyebrows with her finger.  Just then, there's a knock at the door.  Xiao Liu tells him that someone from Zhu Manor has come to see them.  BQ taps CY on the shoulder before sitting up to hurriedly put back on her shoes.  He watches her and just smiles at her as he continues to lie in bed.  (THAT SMILE!)  After she stands, she invites them in.  The clerk arrives to tell her that Zhu Shou is at a gambling den.  That surprised BQ as knowing Zhu Shou, he'd be out looking for her.  The clerk explains he's not really sure what's going on either but earlier that afternoon, Zhu Shou came to him and took all the money from the store and wanted an additional sum that the store didn't have to give him.  Zhu Shou then said he'd find a way, and the clerk feeling uneasy followed Zhu Shou until he saw him enter the gambling den. 

After the clerk leaves, BQ decides to investigate the matter.  CY says he'll go with her, but she wants him to stay behind since he's recuperating.  He tells her though that he doesn't feel comfortable letting her go by himself.  When she again worries over his injuries, he tells her that's fine already.

BQ and CY arrive at the gambling den.  As BQ looks around she notices how it looks very similar to the one that turned out to be owned by DFS's family (she's referring to the first gambling den that she and Zhu Shou visited after leaving Zhu Manor; the one where they sold that special gambling table).  She then wonders if this gambling den is also owned by DFS's family and, if that's the case, then there's for sure to be trouble as Zhu Shou probably got scammed.  Just then, a servant approaches and asks how she can help them.  When they say they're there to look for people, she starts to give a speech about how they're not the kind of place to hand out information like that so if they're just there to look for people, she's sorry, but she can't help them.  That's when CY just ever so slightly pulls out his jade seal.  This has the servant falling down to the ground immediately as she greets his highness, which catches the attention of everyone else in the room.  He reassures the others that he's just there to look for somebody and returns them to their game.  I'm not gonna lie, that was a pretty hot move.  Haha.  Anyway, now that the servant knows she's dealing with a member of royalt, she rushes to do their bidding and takes them to meet the owner of the gambling den.  As BQ and CY follow her, BQ comments that it's pretty handy keeping a member of the royalty around.  Cute! 

BQ and Zhu Shou are finally reunited when they walk into the room that contains Zhu Shou, DFS, and the manager of the gambling den.  After Zhu Shou asks her if she's alright, she reassures him that she's fine but he, on the other hand, has definitely been tricked.  Zhu Shou is surprised to hear this.  That's when DFS gets up to greet CY.  He says he's surprised to see CY up and about already as, given the extent of his injuries, he figured CY would have to be in bed for a few more days.  CY "apologizes" for having let DFS down.  DFS says he is a little disappointed as, never in his lifetime, has he ever been fooled like how CY and BQ fooled him.  He says BQ and CY have great teamwork as they played the part of strangers in front of him, and he actually believed them.  Just as BQ's about to say respond, CY cuts her off by responding first.  He says that he BQ really did just meet, it's just that she's very similar to an old friend of his and that's why he fell in love with her at first sight.  BQ smiles as DFS looks on with a p*ssed off expression.  CY then leans over and says to her, "As for Miss Zhu..." and she responds, "I also felt like you and I were old friends from our first meeting."  DFS turns away in disgust while Zhu Shou says, "Ohhh, I get it now."  He's finally figured out that DFS had run into BQ already and knew that BQ was with the prince. That's why DFS had told him that BQ was carried away by a rapist, making Zhu Shou worried and scared and causing him to agree to that contract where he now owes him a lot of money.  DFS disagrees with Zhu Shou and reminds him that Zhu Shou was the one who begged him for help.  BQ cuts in and says that she's not sure that's the end of it, as she's certain today's gambling game was set up by DFS too.  She tells Zhu Shou that she didn't understand the clerk when the clerk told her that he'd gone off to gamble, but now that she sees DFS there, she's certain this gambling den belongs to his family.  Zhu Shou's like, "Really??"  After DFS confirms it, Zhu Shou says to the manager lady that he's certain then she got orders from DFS to approach him and make sure he lost.  She doesn't deny it and explains that DFS had wanted her to win back the money that the family lost when Zhu Shou gambled at their other gambling den.  ZS says he's not going to gamble any more then, and the manager lady laughs as she points out that he already placed the bet so even if he doesn't play, he still has to forfeit the money. 

BQ asks Zhu Shou what sort of contract he signed with them, and that's when DFS shows her the piece of paper.  After reading it, she says that since he didn't save her, the contract is void.  But he points out that he risked his life to save her from the sand cave, and asks her if she's forgotten about that already.  She asks him who can prove that he was the one who actually saved her and also asks why he's not commenting on how if it hadn't been for him, she wouldn't have been captured by the sand bandits.  He says that's fine and asks her to read the contract more carefully again as it never said that he had to be the one to save her for it to be valid.  That means it doesn't matter if she won't admit he saved her from the sand cave, as all that matters is that she safely returned from the sand caves.  The specific phrase in the contract is that she must return free of injury.  Zhu Shou says DFS has a thick skin and apologizes to BQ for the carelessness of the way the contract was written; at the time, he was feeling urgent.  She tells him not to say anymore because she understands he was doing it in order to save her.  She continues to read the contract and then asks, "What does this phrase must return 'intact and undamaged' mean?"  DFS asks if her body has a wound on it and when she says no, he says that means you returned 'intact and undamaged.'  But BQ just asks if she doesn't return with her chastity intact, does that mean she's returned intact and undamaged?  Zhu Shou gasps at her words and CY has a coughing attack, while DFS angrily asks her which sand bandit touched her.  She tells him to calm down and says, "Fine, I'll be honest.  Before I met you both in the sand desert, I already lost it to Lian Yi Ke.  He..." and then she trails off into a giggle.  CY smiles but says, "Miss Zhu, you can't talk carelessly about such matters as a woman's reputation is the most important thing.  But, on the other hand, if you really did have something with Lian Yi Ke, well, I am the prince of Dong Ping Jun so I'll be responsible for you."  She asks him how and as the two of them smile sweetly at her, DFS just cuts in and asks, "Do you think if say all that I'll actually believe you?"  He orders the manager of the gambling hall to send them out, and BQ asks them why they're all so nervous.  She was just asking what means intact and undamaged!  She then said originally, she did want to be Lian Yi Ke but he was such a philanderer, she had to think things over carefully. The expression on CY's face... it went from one of smiles to looking away with an "egads" expression.  LOL.  She has got him so tight in her reins it's not even funny.  At this, DFS smiles again and says it sounds like she really did return intact and undamaged.  He then demands that Zhu Shou pay him their previously agreed upon amount. Zhu Shou says that's fine, he will; BQ asks him what he's saying; and CY jumps in to say that he'll repay the amount on Zhu Shou's behalf.  As DFS launches into a speech about how he'll accept the money from CY, it's cute how BQ shoots him a look like, "What are you doing?" and he shoots her one back that says, "It's fine."  But after DFS finishes that speech, he reminds Zhu Shou that in addition to that agreed upon sum, he also now owes money to the gambling den.  That's when BQ asks him what he's talking about as there's still the final game, and she tells Zhu Shou to continue on with it.  After all, he's got a reputation as a gambler and so she doesn't believe that he will actually lose.  Zhu Shou just hems and haws, which has BQ asking, "Don't tell me you've already lost it all," and he says, "I've practically lost it all."  She asks him what that means, as losing is losing and winning is winning.  As Zhu Shou explains how he came to be in his current state, BQ wonders if gambling hall is using doctored dice.  The gambling hall manager says that before they started the game, the dice was examined by both parties and agreed upon.  BQ takes the dice into her hands and plays around with it. She clearly senses something as she starts to whisper in Zhu Shou's ears.  After he hears what she has to say, he turns to the gambling hall manager and suggests they actually up the ante to just bet everything that's owed at once. 

Episode ends.

2 hours ago, themarchioness said:

Phew. Sorry... I don't know why one episode took me so long to recap, but it did.  I'll try and get the next one up before I go to bed, but... it's getting late.  I'll try.

Ep 38 recap

Reveal hidden contents

The episode opens with scenes of fire.  The sand bandits have abandoned the chase for CY at the moment to focus their attention on controlling the fire.  LMY makes an appearance.  Around that same time, on the other side of the sand bandits, DFS and BQ crawl up a flight of stairs dressed in their sand bandit clothes.  They're covering their faces with their arms, but LMY recognizes them anyway.  She orders all the sand bandits to stop what they're doing.  DFS and BQ also stop dead in their tracks.  While BQ looks away, DFS makes eye contact with LMY.  He gives her the thumbs down signal and she nods her head ever so slightly to acknowledge it.  She then says, "Who could have imagined there would be another rescuer," and orders the sand bandits to capture them.  DFS puts out his arms to protect BQ, but they're slowly backed into a corner.  That's when, from up above, CY makes his appearance.  In an utter display of hotness (yeah, I know, I'm not at all biased or anything), CY flies down into the fray and kicks one of the sand bandits to the floor.  He then tells DFS to take BQ and go while he stops the others.  BQ yells back that if they're going to leave, they should all leave, but LMY gives the order to kill the Dong Ping Jun Prince, and the sand bandits all attack CY at once.  As BQ lunges for CY, DFS holds her back and tells her she can't.  CY captures one of the sand bandit to use as a momentary shield and once again orders them to hurry up and leave.  BQ calls for him and DFS drags her away.  She does look back twice more, but each time DFS drags her back on course. 

With BQ and DFS finally gone, CY throws himself into the fight.  He's doing a pretty good job of handling all the sand bandits by himself, so LMY decides to grab a sword and step in.  She catches him on the left side of his shoulder (right where the arm and chest meet) and he quickly shoves her sword aside.  As they break apart in their fight, the scene cuts to BQ and DFS running through the sand caves.  At a certain point, BQ stops and bites DFS on the hand.  With him distracted, she tries to run back to CY.  That's when DFS just lifts her over his shoulder in a fireman's carry and thinks to himself, "Zhu Ya Tou, since you like CY, I'll just let him die right here." 

Back in the throne room, it's still CY against a horde of sand bandits.  LMY steps in again and this time she manages to slice him on his right side (think kidney-ish area).  He once again shoves her away, but then a whole 'nother horde of sand bandits arrive yelling, "Kill!"  LMY repeats again the order to kill him and so CY throws his sword at one of the newly arrived sand bandits.  As the sword lands in the sand bandit's stomach, the force of his throw propels the sand bandit backwards, knocking down the other newly arrived sand bandits.  It's almost like a lethal version of sand bandit bowling!  Isn't CY so dashing???  (What, were you guys expecting an objective recapper?  ;))  CY uses this opportunity to fly away to safety. 

Outside the sand caves, in a city in the desert (specifically, Xi Chu Zhou, the place where BQ was supposed to have met up with Zhu Shou), Xiao Liu and Commander Han are waiting anxiously for CY.  Xiao Liu comments that it's been several days already and CY hasn't sent any word back.  He wonders if something might have happened.  Just as Commander Han says that he'll go take a look while Xiao Liu is to remain where he is, outside the city's gates, DFS and BQ arrive on horseback with the latter repeatedly telling the former to let her go.  They're stopped at the city's entrance where the guard asks them to state their business.  DFS says he's there to treat the sick, but that's when BQ spies Xiao Liu in the distance.  Breaking free of DFS, she runs towards him calling out his name.  Xiao Liu is surprised to see the "princess."  He asks her where she's been and she tells him to hurry up and save CY.  She tells him that CY's trapped in the sand caves and is in danger.  Next to them, Commander Han says he'll go find the local prefect's army, but BQ tells him to wait as she pulls out the map of the sand caves. 

Still stuck dealing with the city's guards, DFS says, "Look!" and points in BQ's direction.  He then shoves the guard aside and runs over to BQ, hitting her on the back such that she faints.  Xiao Liu asks him what he's doing and he introduces himself as her rescuer.  He also adds that if he hadn't hit her, she'd just try once more to go back into the sand caves.  He then tells Xiao Liu and Commander Han that since they obviously know her, they should protect her.  He throws BQ towards Xiao Liu and then runs back for his horse.  Commander Han gives the order to stop him, but it's too late.  He's ridden out of the city gates already and the guardsmen run after him.

Back in the sand caves, CY is badly injured and creeping around trying to avoid detection.  The sand bandits and LMY are still looking for him.  LMY is just standing over where CY is hiding when one of her people comments to her that he can't believe CY can manage to escape and hide with so many people looking for him.  He's actually kind of impressed, but LMY answers that no matter how good CY is, he will die there today.  Just as they're about to walk off, a messenger from the Mysterious Man arrive.  He's basically giving her the update that the Emperor's men are closing in on the Biluotian area and that the Mysterious Man wants her to meet up with him at some place for the fight they've all been waiting for.  At that same time, the warning horn is sounded.  LMY asks what's going on and when she goes to investigate, she's surprised to find that it was DFS who had sounded the horn.  He tells her to that the army from Xi Chu Zhou are going to be arriving soon and that she and her people should retreat immediately.  LMY asks how come she hadn't yet received word of this news and he again orders her to retreat, asking her if she thinks he hurried back to lie to her.  He then reveals that BQ stole the head sand bandit's map and has turned it over to CY's men.  Therefore, she should hurry up and go report herself to his grandfather.  LMY thanks him for his warning and says that they will leave immediately.

Back in Xi Chu Zhou, poor Zhu Shou meets with an official who thanks Zhu Shou for the latest bribe offering.  It sounds like Zhu Shou has made multiple visits to this official already all in the hopes that the official will be able to help him find BQ.  The official observes though that he knows Zhu Shou has also been visiting other people asking them for help and insinuates that this insults him.  He then gives this long speech to basically say that Zhu Shou should leave the investigation matters to him and that if he keeps putting his finger in mix, he's going to mess up the existing investigation that's going on with the sand caves.  But after Zhu Shou leaves, another person arrives to tell him that the army has received a copy of the sand cave map and that they're on their way to the sand caves.  The official is shocked to hear this and from that reaction, I think from we may all assume that this is a corrupt official who was never going to help Zhu Shou. 

Commander Han and the army arrive at the sand caves and finds it empty of sand bandits.  But they do find CY - yay! - who's doubled over in pain with a hand over his wound - boo!  As the commander of the prefect army apologize for arriving late, CY waves his apology aside and tells him to hurry with his men to chase after the sand bandits.  He tells them that they only just left.  As the prefect army leaves, CY asks Commander Han how he managed to find him.  Commander Han tells him about meeting a man at the city gates who made the "princess" faint, and that it was the princess who gave them the map which allowed them to find him.  CY asks Commander Han where BQ is and he answers that she's with Xiao Liu at a nearby courier station.  CY is relieved to hear this and tells Commander Han that's fine and to let her stay nearby for the time being to rest.  He instructs Commander Han to post some people to watch over her and not let get into the hands of DFS.  He also tells Commander Han to not let her know that he's been seriously injured as she'll worry.  He then shares the information that he overheard from the Mysterious Man's messenger.  CY suspects that this time, they'll be going up against his master, Ah Fu.  He orders Commander Han to send their army to the location that the Mysterious Man had wanted LMY to meet him at, and that if their people should run into Ah Fu, they should give him a warning.  Commander Han asks CY if he'll be okay and he says he's fine, he just needs to rest up for a little bit. 

Right at this moment DFS reappears in his usual robes.  The prince's army pull out their swords as they hold him back, but CY gives the order for them to put away their swords.  He says DFS is not an enemy.  DFS runs over to CY and asks if he's alright, and that's when CY faints into Commander Han's arms. 

The scene cuts to DFS drinking tea with that usual expression of his on his face (you guys know which one I'm talking about!) while CY's being treated by a doctor in the background.  As the doctor finishes up, Commander Han asks if CY will be alright.  The doctor provides reassurance that he only lost blood and just needs to rest up and will be fine.  When Commander Han asks when he'll wake up, the doctor estimates that it should only be another hour.  After the doctor leaves, DFS comments that it's good to hear CY will be okay.  Then he asks Commander Han for BQ's whereabouts.  Commander Han responds that without the prince's order, he dares not make any decisions on his own.  DFS says that's too bad as it'll still be some time before CY wakes up, but that's fine.  He'll walk around the city in the meantime and then return later to find him.  As DFS leaves, another person enters to tell Commander Han that the official from Xi Chu Zhou wants to meet with them.  Commander Han sends back word that they'll have to wait until CY's awake for any decisions to be made.

Elsewhere, BQ runs to open the door and happens upon Xiao Liu who's just about to enter with some soup.  He comments that she's awake and says she's just in time to have some of the soup he's brought with him.  She asks him where CY is and he tells her not to worry as he just received word from Commander Han that CY's okay and is on his way back.  BQ is relieved and says so long as he's okay, that's fine.  She finally drinks some of the soup and as he watches her, Xiao Liu comments that he never imagined she'd be alive and that if his highness knew about it, then he'd be happy.  He then asks after the person who brought her back and says that even though that person hit her, it seemed like he really cared about her.  He asks her if that person is her beloved, and BQ very angrily responds, "He is not!  There is nothing between us!" 

The next scene is of Zhu Shou walking despondently through the city streets.  I feel for the poor guy.  He returns to local store that's owned by the Zhu Family and updates the clerk who works there.  I'll just summarize this part quickly so I can move on as I'm realizing I may be getting a little too detailed as I'm still not even 15 minutes in to the episode and I've been going at this for a while :P ... it sounds like Zhu Shou has already spent a lot of the store's money to find BQ.  The store doesn't have much money left and so Zhu Shou finally admits defeat and asks the clerk to write home, as he realizes he can't keep Grandfather Zhu in the dark about BQ's disappearance anymore.  Plus, they need additional funds to continue their search.  After the clerk runs off to do his bidding, the scene cuts to Zhu Shou at a gambling den.  Upstairs, DFS takes this in and meets with the female manager of the gambling den.  She updates him on the orders he'd given her relating to the Ming Yue Clan and then he tells her that he has one more thing for her to do.  We don't hear then what he has in mind, but we know it's related to Zhu Shou as the camera cuts back to him playing at the tables.

After a while, soldiers enter the gambling den.  As they push their way to the front, a member of the crowd asks the soldiers what brought them there.  They explain that they just flushed out the sand caves and with the reward money they earned, they've decided to come and play.  This captures Zhu Shou's attention who's excited to hear that the sand caves have been penetrated.  He immediately takes leave of the gambling table and that's the the female manager approaches him, inviting him to a high stakes table.  Fortunately, Zhu Shou just responds that he has something to take care of and doesn't take the bait (for now).  Instead, he goes to meet with local registrar (it's the same one who ran to tell the other official that the army had infiltrated the sand caves).  Zhu Shou says he heard the sand caves had been penetrated and he wonders if he BQ was found there.  The registrar responds that BQ wasn't found. 

As Zhu Shou sits along a water well, despondent over not being able to find BQ, he runs into DFS.  DFS acts all surprised to find him there and when Zhu Shou asks if he's happened to see BQ, he lies and says no.  For the sake of brevity, I'll just summarize this whole scene by saying that DFS plays Zhu Shou like a fiddle.  Zhu Shou doesn't want to ask DFS for help, but he doesn't really have a choice either given that he's exhausted all his other options at finding BQ.  But when Zhu Shou asks DFS for help, the latter pretends like this is an arduous task he doesn't want to take on.  He finally agrees to help -- for a price.  And since DFS's goal is to make it such that BQ is never able to repay her family's debt, it's a very high price.  Zhu Shou is reluctant to agree, but again, he doesn't exactly have a choice and so ultimately goes along with it and writes out and signs a contract. 

Back over where BQ is staying, Xiao Liu chases after as she tries to escape from her room.  He asks her where she's going and she says she's going to find the Zhu Family's local store so that she can leave a message for Zhu Shou.  Xiao Liu asks her how she could be connected with the Zhu Family and she just says it's a long story and when there's time, she'll explain it to him.  Just as she's about to head out once more, he stops her and says that CY previously gave the order that she was to remain there and rest up.  If there's something to be done, he'll take care of it.  BQ says that'll work too and instructs him which store to go to and the message he's to leave behind.  Just as Xiao Liu's about to leave though, they see QW walk past.  BQ asks Xiao Liu what she's doing there.  He starts to awkwardly hem and haw, but BQ takes off and so he hurries to run after her.

QW approaches a guarded door.  As the guards close in to prevent her from opening it, she asks if CY's inside.  She says he wants to see him and again reaches for the door.  That's when Commander Han opens the door and walks out, asking her what she's doing there.  QW says that in this area, there's only this inn and she's been waiting for him.  She repeats that she wants to see him and rushes past Commander Han where she indeed finds CY sleeping.  She sits down next to his bed and takes his hand in hers, and right at this moment, BQ also runs in.  She cries out CY's name but then steps back when she notices QW.  She turns back to to Commander Han and Xiao Liu and asks them what's going on.  Commander Han tells her that he's taken medicine and should be fine.  She questions whether they're also lying to her this time, and they tell her they wouldn't dare. 

It's at this moment that QW thinks back to what CY previously told her, that BQ isn't his father's daughter and that he and she are not siblings.  BQ notices QW looking at her, and she grabs QW's hands to pull her away from CY.  She presents QW to Xiao Liu and instructs him to have her locked up immediately because it turns out the sand bandits are controlled by Liu Ming Yue, which means that the sand bandits must be connected to the Ming Yue Clan, and this should be investigated thoroughly.  Xiao Liu responds that QW and CY are "friends," and he even claps his hands together to emphasize this point.  (Oh, Xiao Liu... I just want to cover your mouth right now.)  QW smirks and says to BQ that it's been a while already since she became one of CY's people.  She also points out that it's LMY who's connected to the sand bandits, not her.  She then tells Xiao Liu that BQ isn't his highness's daughter and isn't even the princess.  The men are surprised to hear this, but QW continues and says they've all been tricked by BQ.  It's BQ's turn to scoff and ask, "If I'm not, are you?"  That's when QW confronts her about their time in the desert together.  She reminds BQ that she'd insisted she was the Zhu family's granddaughter and only looked similar to the princess.  But now, while CY is in this fainted state, she's pretending to be the princess.  QW asks her what kind of a plan she has.  BQ just responds that she's both the princess and the Zhu Family's granddaughter and it just wasn't convenient to tell her that the other day.  QW says she doesn't believe her and tries to attack BQ, but she's blocked by Commander Han.  He asks her what she's doing and QW tells them they should lock up BQ, as she's afraid BQ will do something to harm CY.  Commander Han tells her that she's needlessly worrying, as before CY fainted, he ordered them to look out for BQ.  When Xiao Liu agrees, XQ insists that they've all been fooled by BQ.  This makes BQ laugh as she comments how QW is able to turn everything that's black into white.  She says that in her opinion, it looks like QW's trying to use this time when CY's fainted to drive her away or even have her killed.  She then tells QW that she's not one to die so easily.  QW asks the others if they really think it'd be so easy for someone who died to be alive.  She calls BQ an evil spirit and says if they don't get rid of her now, they'll regret it later. 

It's at this time that CY wakes up and tells QW to stop creating such a fuss.  He advises her to return to her home and reminds her of what he said to her at the inn in the desert.  He's ending their working relationship and suggest they never collaborate again in the future, or have anything to do with one another.  She takes in the sight of BQ's hand firmly clasped in his, as he tells her to leave.  I'm not at all giggling as I watch QW flounce out of the room and climb into her wagon.  As she rides away, she thinks to herself, "Hua Bu Qi, I'll definitely let you die one more time." 

Back in the bedroom, CY asks Commander Han for an update on the troops.  He then tells the two men that there's no further business for them there and sends them away, but not before instructing them that from now on, they're to refer to BQ as Miss Zhu and not the princess.  BQ also reminds Xiao Liu to visit the Zhu Family store, and he reassures that he'll do so immediately.  As the men walk out of the room, Xiao Liu asks Commander Han how it is that the princess became a granddaughter of the Zhu family and speculates that maybe the Seventh Prince previously recognized the wrong person.  Commander Han is clearly the smarter one, as he interrupts Xiao Liu to tell him to shut-up before his mouth gets him into trouble. 

We then return to the bedroom where the following conversation between CY and BQ takes place (I'm copying/pasting this from my prior translation, although I've updated it a little bit):

CY: Keep me company and lie down with me for a little bit.

BQ: Why should keep you company and lie down with you?  It's not like I'm LQW.

CY: Are you still jealous?  Didn't I just send her away?

BQ: Just now, the way Xiao Liu (CY's right hand man) was speaking up for her, that has to mean that before I arrived, your relationship with her was not normal.  (She forcefully shoves his hand away and CY doubles over from pain in his shoulder area.  BQ starts to freak out.)  What's the matter?  Did that affect your wound?  Where?  Where?  Where? 

CY: Here, here, here, here, here.  (As she reaches around to check, he grabs her in a hug.)  Don't move.  Let me hold onto you like this for a little bit more.

BQ: You faked it, didn't you?

CY: How could I?  It was real.  (He pulls her out of the hug and takes a good look at her.)  BQ, you look really nice today. 

BQ. Tch, flatterer.  (She finally smiles as he pulls on her cheek.)  Does it still hurt?  (He very cutely shakes his head no in.)

Elsewhere in the city, Xiao Liu goes to the Zhu family store and asks to see Zhu Shou.  The clerk invites him in.

Back in the bedroom, BQ and CY are lying in bed together.  She watches him sleep and trace his eyebrows with her finger.  Just then, there's a knock at the door.  Xiao Liu tells him that someone from Zhu Manor has come to see them.  BQ taps CY on the shoulder before sitting up to hurriedly put back on her shoes.  He watches her and just smiles at her as he continues to lie in bed.  (THAT SMILE!)  After she stands, she invites them in.  The clerk arrives to tell her that Zhu Shou is at a gambling den.  That surprised BQ as knowing Zhu Shou, he'd be out looking for her.  The clerk explains he's not really sure what's going on either but earlier that afternoon, Zhu Shou came to him and took all the money from the store and wanted an additional sum that the store didn't have to give him.  Zhu Shou then said he'd find a way, and the clerk feeling uneasy followed Zhu Shou until he saw him enter the gambling den. 

After the clerk leaves, BQ decides to investigate the matter.  CY says he'll go with her, but she wants him to stay behind since he's recuperating.  He tells her though that he doesn't feel comfortable letting her go by himself.  When she again worries over his injuries, he tells her that's fine already.

BQ and CY arrive at the gambling den.  As BQ looks around she notices how it looks very similar to the one that turned out to be owned by DFS's family (she's referring to the first gambling den that she and Zhu Shou visited after leaving Zhu Manor; the one where they sold that special gambling table).  She then wonders if this gambling den is also owned by DFS's family and, if that's the case, then there's for sure to be trouble as Zhu Shou probably got scammed.  Just then, a servant approaches and asks how she can help them.  When they say they're there to look for people, she starts to give a speech about how they're not the kind of place to hand out information like that so if they're just there to look for people, she's sorry, but she can't help them.  That's when CY just ever so slightly pulls out his jade seal.  This has the servant falling down to the ground immediately as she greets his highness, which catches the attention of everyone else in the room.  He reassures the others that he's just there to look for somebody and returns them to their game.  I'm not gonna lie, that was a pretty hot move.  Haha.  Anyway, now that the servant knows she's dealing with a member of royalt, she rushes to do their bidding and takes them to meet the owner of the gambling den.  As BQ and CY follow her, BQ comments that it's pretty handy keeping a member of the royalty around.  Cute! 

BQ and Zhu Shou are finally reunited when they walk into the room that contains Zhu Shou, DFS, and the manager of the gambling den.  After Zhu Shou asks her if she's alright, she reassures him that she's fine but he, on the other hand, has definitely been tricked.  Zhu Shou is surprised to hear this.  That's when DFS gets up to greet CY.  He says he's surprised to see CY up and about already as, given the extent of his injuries, he figured CY would have to be in bed for a few more days.  CY "apologizes" for having let DFS down.  DFS says he is a little disappointed as, never in his lifetime, has he ever been fooled like how CY and BQ fooled him.  He says BQ and CY have great teamwork as they played the part of strangers in front of him, and he actually believed them.  Just as BQ's about to say respond, CY cuts her off by responding first.  He says that he BQ really did just meet, it's just that she's very similar to an old friend of his and that's why he fell in love with her at first sight.  BQ smiles as DFS looks on with a p*ssed off expression.  CY then leans over and says to her, "As for Miss Zhu..." and she responds, "I also felt like you and I were old friends from our first meeting."  DFS turns away in disgust while Zhu Shou says, "Ohhh, I get it now."  He's finally figured out that DFS had run into BQ already and knew that BQ was with the prince. That's why DFS had told him that BQ was carried away by a rapist, making Zhu Shou worried and scared and causing him to agree to that contract where he now owes him a lot of money.  DFS disagrees with Zhu Shou and reminds him that Zhu Shou was the one who begged him for help.  BQ cuts in and says that she's not sure that's the end of it, as she's certain today's gambling game was set up by DFS too.  She tells Zhu Shou that she didn't understand the clerk when the clerk told her that he'd gone off to gamble, but now that she sees DFS there, she's certain this gambling den belongs to his family.  Zhu Shou's like, "Really??"  After DFS confirms it, Zhu Shou says to the manager lady that he's certain then she got orders from DFS to approach him and make sure he lost.  She doesn't deny it and explains that DFS had wanted her to win back the money that the family lost when Zhu Shou gambled at their other gambling den.  ZS says he's not going to gamble any more then, and the manager lady laughs as she points out that he already placed the bet so even if he doesn't play, he still has to forfeit the money. 

BQ asks Zhu Shou what sort of contract he signed with them, and that's when DFS shows her the piece of paper.  After reading it, she says that since he didn't save her, the contract is void.  But he points out that he risked his life to save her from the sand cave, and asks her if she's forgotten about that already.  She asks him who can prove that he was the one who actually saved her and also asks why he's not commenting on how if it hadn't been for him, she wouldn't have been captured by the sand bandits.  He says that's fine and asks her to read the contract more carefully again as it never said that he had to be the one to save her for it to be valid.  That means it doesn't matter if she won't admit he saved her from the sand cave, as all that matters is that she safely returned from the sand caves.  The specific phrase in the contract is that she must return free of injury.  Zhu Shou says DFS has a thick skin and apologizes to BQ for the carelessness of the way the contract was written; at the time, he was feeling urgent.  She tells him not to say anymore because she understands he was doing it in order to save her.  She continues to read the contract and then asks, "What does this phrase must return 'intact and undamaged' mean?"  DFS asks if her body has a wound on it and when she says no, he says that means you returned 'intact and undamaged.'  But BQ just asks if she doesn't return with her chastity intact, does that mean she's returned intact and undamaged?  Zhu Shou gasps at her words and CY has a coughing attack, while DFS angrily asks her which sand bandit touched her.  She tells him to calm down and says, "Fine, I'll be honest.  Before I met you both in the sand desert, I already lost it to Lian Yi Ke.  He..." and then she trails off into a giggle.  CY smiles but says, "Miss Zhu, you can't talk carelessly about such matters as a woman's reputation is the most important thing.  But, on the other hand, if you really did have something with Lian Yi Ke, well, I am the prince of Dong Ping Jun so I'll be responsible for you."  She asks him how and as the two of them smile sweetly at her, DFS just cuts in and asks, "Do you think if say all that I'll actually believe you?"  He orders the manager of the gambling hall to send them out, and BQ asks them why they're all so nervous.  She was just asking what means intact and undamaged!  She then said originally, she did want to be Lian Yi Ke but he was such a philanderer, she had to think things over carefully. The expression on CY's face... it went from one of smiles to looking away with an "egads" expression.  LOL.  She has got him so tight in her reins it's not even funny.  At this, DFS smiles again and says it sounds like she really did return intact and undamaged.  He then demands that Zhu Shou pay him their previously agreed upon amount. Zhu Shou says that's fine, he will; BQ asks him what he's saying; and CY jumps in to say that he'll repay the amount on Zhu Shou's behalf.  As DFS launches into a speech about how he'll accept the money from CY, it's cute how BQ shoots him a look like, "What are you doing?" and he shoots her one back that says, "It's fine."  But after DFS finishes that speech, he reminds Zhu Shou that in addition to that agreed upon sum, he also now owes money to the gambling den.  That's when BQ asks him what he's talking about as there's still the final game, and she tells Zhu Shou to continue on with it.  After all, he's got a reputation as a gambler and so she doesn't believe that he will actually lose.  Zhu Shou just hems and haws, which has BQ asking, "Don't tell me you've already lost it all," and he says, "I've practically lost it all."  She asks him what that means, as losing is losing and winning is winning.  As Zhu Shou explains how he came to be in his current state, BQ wonders if gambling hall is using doctored dice.  The gambling hall manager says that before they started the game, the dice was examined by both parties and agreed upon.  BQ takes the dice into her hands and plays around with it. She clearly senses something as she starts to whisper in Zhu Shou's ears.  After he hears what she has to say, he turns to the gambling hall manager and suggests they actually up the ante to just bet everything that's owed at once. 

Episode ends.

Just watched 38... DFS and his smirk... Does he have any other expression? 

14 hours ago, vtxy said:

Just watched the two episodes released and although there are sweet moments, it is also super frustrating. 

Hide contents

Seeing CY and LQW together is so annoying. He has always made it clear that he only treats her as a friend but it would be much better if he wasn't so nice. Feels like the scriptwriters really messed up his character with the addition of LQW scenes. 

He ended his collaboration with her already when she set him up to make BQ witness them on the same bed. But now he let her stay under the his roof again despite how fustrated BQ is and even see her behind BQ’s back. Why?

Back then in the capital he used to pretend to be a playboy for the king to not suspect him as an usurper, why cannot he see through LQW’s fakery ( I really love Eternal Love’s Yehua for not being this dumb)?

What fustrated me most is his explanation when he was trying to make up with BQ, nothing is clear (and I don’t believe all of that can assure BQ that it will never happen again) all he did is just being too sweet to lure her and babbling about being with her in the future but no promise that he will never see LQW again.

I left for 9 eps beacause I couldn’t bear him holding her hand and flirting with her right after sleeping with BQ. When she confessed her feeling for him in that cave, even if he turned her down, his expression says he like it (the blame is for the director not BinBin), and I come back after some spoilers with super sweet scenes came out, watching 11 ep subbed and nosubbed nonstop. The consequenece is that I now am so sad I can’t trust CY any more, even if BQ forgive him but I cannot. This show is supposed to be a comedy, isn’t it? Then why?

Now I realize I have to take my 2nd leave.

Sorry for being too emotional.

See you around.

2 hours ago, achng said:

Boooo, we won't see Bin Bin for a bit because they hired a different actor to play CY after his fake death...

And LMY didn't die from the arrows but from this...

Reveal hidden contents

007wRuI0ly1g0c72kfp94g30as05pnpg.gif

So is that who that man is supposed to be?! I thought he was some random character to be introduced.. But instead hes acting as BinBins character?! If so, that sucks. They could have re shot the scene when he had more time.

1 hour ago, roxnilla7 said:

So is that who that man is supposed to be?! I thought he was some random character to be introduced.. But instead hes acting as BinBins character?! If so, that sucks. They could have re shot the scene when he had more time.

Spoiler

Yes, it's CY (BinBin's character).  He altered his appearance after faking his own death so that no one would know it's him, but HBQ recognized him anyways that's why she started chasing and got on the horse.

I started on a few Chinese drama after The Story of Ming Lan and absolutely loved this one. I did a marathon of it and is now up to date. Watched Ariel Lin in the 2008 Legend of the Condor Heroes and I see a lot of Huang Rong here with the street smart attitude. It looks she shared the same fate as her mother with men falling for her but at least she is made of sterner stuff thanks to her Uncle Jiu's tough love. 

6 hours ago, achng said:

Boooo, we won't see Bin Bin for a bit because they hired a different actor to play CY after his fake death...

And LMY didn't die from the arrows but from this...

Reveal hidden contents

007wRuI0ly1g0c72kfp94g30as05pnpg.gif

Omg he can’t be CY lmao I mean plsssss lol they replace ZBB by this? He’s like way older wtf haha rip

2 hours ago, jacquelinetan said:

I started on a few Chinese drama after The Story of Ming Lan and absolutely loved this one. I did a marathon of it and is now up to date. Watched Ariel Lin in the 2008 Legend of the Condor Heroes and I see a lot of Huang Rong here with the street smart attitude. It looks she shared the same fate as her mother with men falling for her but at least she is made of sterner stuff thanks to her Uncle Jiu's tough love. 

I loved Ariel Lin's Huang Rong! Rewatched 2008 LOCH many times haha.

More previews for the upcoming episodes

Spoiler

http://t.cn/EVBgw2w

I think the two clips are in reverse chronological order though.

In the second clip, BQ mentions that she will never like DFS because despite well he treats her, he will still do cruel things that hurt her as long as it helps him achieve his aim. I think that's a very accurate summary.

All the times he hurt/threaten the people around her, all the times he set up scenarios that upset her, and all the times he promises to kill CY because BQ likes him. I do agree DFS is an interesting and funny character (the actor acts really well),  but I don't think I will ever think of his actions as anything other stalkerish/psychotic, much less swoon over them.

Ep 39 recap -- sorry for the delay, but here it is!

Spoiler

In the interest of time, I'll breeze through the remainder of the gambling scene to explain it as i understood it.  But basically, the point of the game is for both players to throw their dice.  If results match, the gambler wins.  BQ has figured out that the wooden dice they're using aren't that strong.  So, after the gambling den manager shakes her cup and plays her hand, Zhu Shou keeps shaking his cup until his arms are about to fall off.  When he finally turns over his cup we see that his dice have all broken in half.  This increases his chance of making the dice match and sure enough, with six pieces instead of three, he's able to make them all match and he wins the game.  Even DFS has to concede with this bit of trickery from BQ, and the debt slate is wiped clean.  BQ asks if they're free to leave now and DFS asks her why she's in such a hurry.  He reminds her that back when they were in the desert, she'd told him that she wanted to visit this particular gambling den to play a game.  CY pipes up and says that it's because they felt like they were old friends after their first meeting that she now wants to visit him at Dong Ping Jun, and doesn't want to waste any more time here.  DFS responds, "So that's how it is," and shares that he also plans on visiting Dong Ping Jun in a few days.  He adds that he hopes CY won't find it annoying when he visits and CY answers that he welcomes him at any time.  BQ ends the conversation by telling CY to not waste any more words on him and grabs the contract, and leaves. 

Outside, CY's clutching at his shoulder and BQ's helping him to walk with her one arm around him.  She helps him climb into the carriage and then follows from behind.  We see the carriage leave Xi Chu Zhou. 

QW's right hand woman tells QW that she received word that CY has already returned from Xi Chu Zhou, and BQ's riding in the same carriage with him.  QW comments that with CY's injury being as severe it is, it isn't something that is easily healed.  Therefore, she should seize this opportunity to kill BQ.  Her servant worries that if QW kills only BQ, CY will turn his suspicions towards her.  QW points out that she's already lost his favor though, so she shouldn't she have to consider all these factors just to kill BQ.  Right as she gives the order to take action, a dead body comes flying through the window and lands at her feet.  The dead body is followed by the arrival of DFS's right hand woman and her band of merry murderers.  QW fights them off and as she and her servant make their escape, they discover that everyone else in their household has been killed. 

DFS's right hand woman reports back that QW escaped and when he asks her where to, she admits she doesn't know.  He responds, "Again?  Can you tell me something useful?  Go investigate things first before reporting back to me."  He figures she can't travel very far and tells his right hand woman that she must find QW for him. 

CY and BQ arrive at his home in Dong Ping Jun.  As she takes in her first sight of his home, BQ gasps in wonderment.  She never expected it to look this nice as she was expecting something more run down.  She then jokingly asks if he lives with a young concubine in this fancy home.  He answers, "I haven't before, but from now on I do."  BQ smiles and nods before saying, "That works."  Oh these two... so cute.  As they continue through to the courtyard, BQ again comments, "Not bad!"  But then they turn a corner and there is QW, being helped along by her servant.  Talk about a buzzkill. 

QW tells CY that he's finally home and that he's the only person who can save her.  He asks her what happened, and she tells him of the attack on her home, which she blames on the Mysterious Man, and adds that because they're still looking for him, she could only come to his place to ask for a safe harbor.  BQ comments, "So you finally know what it's like to be pursued," and QW's servant says that it's because of CY that the Mysterious Man now wants to kill QW.  Given that, can he not pay her any attention?  After a pause, CY says that QW can stay with him for the time being and that when things calm down, they will think of something else.  At his words, BQ removes her hands from around his arm and holds them behind her back.  He notices immediately and looks at her, but she just stares straight ahead. 

QW says she just knew CY wouldn't not take care of her, and BQ asks him how he can't see that she's just faking being weak.  She says that she doesn't believe that QW wouldn't have any other place to go.  QW's servant pipes again, arguing on QW's behalf, and to avoid any further argument CY just cuts her off and tells QW to go get some rest.  QW responds by reminding him that he's also injured and should also get some rest.  After QW leaves, BQ walks off to the side.  CW sends XIao Liu away and goes over to talk to her.  He explains that he can't send her away at at time like this when she helped him fight against LMY previously, and asks if sending her away at a time like this wouldn't make him a heartless person.  BQ just doesn't understand why of all people, he had to work with QW.  She shows her first and starts to say that if it weren't for the fact that he was injured right now... CY grabs her fist by the wrist and says, "Fine, when I'm all better, I'll let you do whatever you want so long as it will help you lessen your anger.  Does that sound okay?"  BQ responds, "That's more like it."  But then she asks him, in seriousness, what he plans on doing with QW because he can't just let her stay there forever.  She then adds that one day, she really won't be able to get over her anger and then she will kill QW.  (And we'll all be there to put knives into BQ's hands, I'm sure.  ;))  That's when CY explains to BQ that the person that QW was just referring to was the Mysterious Man, and he's the one who's been continuously looking for Biluotian.  Since he wants to find Biloutian's treasure to go up against the Emperor, there's no way the Emperor will let him off.  CY says that once he finds out who the Mysterious Man is and lets the Emperor deal with them, QW will have no reason to stay at his place.  He takes both her hands in his and asks her to trust him.  He promises that things will soon be brought to an end.  At that, BQ says it's fine if she stays with them temporarily.  BUT!  He can't go see her, he can't talk to her, and he can't come into contact with any of her limbs.  CY agrees and says he'll listen to her, and BQ just grunts in resignation as she grabs him by the arm to continue their way into the manor. 

As QW's servant entreats her to not think about things anymore, QW just asks for wine.  The servant says she can't drink wine given her current condition, but QW demands it and so the servant has no choice but to agree.  We see that scene from the credits where QW is lying prostrate and drinking. 

BQ is in the kitchen cooking up a storm, and calling out instructions to the others around her as she also works on cutting up vegetables.  While she's doing that, CY is meeting with Commander Han who'd been sent to investigate the attack on QW's manor.  It sounds like not many clues were left behind so the end conclusion is that, for now, QW will continue to stay in his manor.  It's at this moment that Xiao Liu pipes up that he witnessed QW's servant purchasing 10 bottles of wine.  (Gees, Xiao Liu, why you gotta be such a busybody???)  He said he'd wanted to step in, but QW and her servant aren't part of their manor so he didn't feel right saying anything.  He adds that he's worried anyway... and that's when CY stands up and tells him that if he goes to see QW, the longest he'll be away is the length of an incense stick.  He instructs him to go find BQ in the kitchen and if she's not going to need more than one incense stick, to let him know immediately.  (Oh, CY.... you know, I stick up for you a lot because I know you are innately a good person and can't help but want to help those who are sick, poor, and suffering.  So I do understand why you feel beholden to helping QW at a time like this.  But this, right now???  This is sooooo not a good idea.  Especially not right after you promised to not talk to QW.  It's also not cool how you're sending your man to go do dirty work, like finding out how long BQ's going to be distracted.  I'm facepalming all over the place right now.) 

CY visits QW and finds her drunk and slumped over.  He reminds her that her body is wounded and so she shouldn't be drinking like this.  She asks him if he's afraid BQ will be jealous, and he answers, "So long as you know, that's fine."  He then pours her a cup of tea and says that if she sobers up some, maybe they can even have a conversation for a little bit.  Unfortunately, her idea of conversation consists of asking him if he's really never had an ounce of interest in her.  He says he's already discussed this with her many times; he only thinks of her as a friend, and nothing else.  QW asks him why then, the last two times she was injured, he was so concerned.  She accuses him of having feelings but refusing to admit to them.  He repeats that he's already told her many times and he doesn't want to keep wasting his energy over this matter.  He says that if she's going to persist in this manner, then he'll leave.  He adds that he's going to tell Xiao Liu to not give her any more wine, and if she takes offense to this, she can leave.  She grabs the hem of his robe as he gets up to leave and then agrees to not say anything more.  She asks him not to leave and to stay, keeping her company.  (OMG, CY, DON'T DO IT!!!)  He gives her a pill to sober up and sits back down.  (Sighhhhh... you really should've listened to me.)  He tells her that he knows what Ming Yue Shan means to her given that it's where she grew up, and how she must feel now that it's been destroyed, but he reminds her that she still has her life and so long as she lives, she can work towards rebuilding a new Ming Yue Shan.  QW says that from the moment she betrayed LMY, she should've anticipated that that this would be the end result.  Except she thought she'd be able to overcome it all with her own abilities and through using her connection with CY.  She admits that in the end, it turns out she couldn't withstand even a single blow.  CY says she just neglected to take some precautions because she'd just returned from the desert, and she shouldn't keep thinking about it.  She tells him that he really sucks at comforting people.  (Okay, admittedly that did make me laugh. it's probably the only thing she's ever said that I found humorous.)  She asks that he not talk about the desert anymore because that only reminds her of what he said to her at the inn.  (Oh, well now I'm back to rolling my eyes.)  CY agrees to not talk about the desert anymore.  The only point he earns for this entire conversation is that at the end of it, he looks away from her.  He's obviously not interested in her, he's just too darn nice!

In the kitchen, BQ finishes up the soup she's been working on.  She tastes it and is pleased with her results, and quickly ladles up a bowl which she takes to CY.  Meanwhile, Xiao Liu is freaking out that the stick of incense is almost all burned up and CY still hasn't returned, and that of course is when BQ enters the room to find it devoid of CY.  It takes her about all of five seconds to figure out he's in QW's room.  Xiao Liu tries to explain that it was because QW was drinking and CY was worried that he went over there; after all, QW once saved his life.  I'm pretty sure BQ's tired of hearing that one!  She's also not an idiot, so she pretty quickly figures out that when Xiao Liu went to find her in the kitchen to ask her how much longer she'd be with her cooking, he was really doing a reconnaissance mission to figure out how long CY could visit QW before she found out.  That angers BQ and as I mentioned above, I can't blame her in this instance.  That was poorly done of him.  She hands over the soup, whips off her apron, and storms off. 

XIao Liu hurries to find CY.  He says that when BQ went to his room and found him not there, she ran away.  CY stands up immediately and asks, "Ran away?  To where?"  Xiao Liu says she left with Zhu Shou with the intention of taking up begging on the streets and left behind the message that he shouldn't worry on her behalf about her debt anymore.  CY sets out immediately, but is clearly pained in his shoulder area.  Xiao Liu asks him if he's okay and he says he's fine.  He instructs XIao Liu to prepare a carriage. 

Out on the streets, BQ and Zhu Shou are dressed as beggars.  She's as happy as clam to be asking people for money.  Zhu Shou, on the other hand, well, he couldn't be more embarrassed especially as he's afraid people might recognize him.  He asks her why they have to come out and be beggars when she's just mad at CY, haha.  That's when she makes the comment that if he (meaning CY) thinks QW is tragic, she's even more tragic - after all, she's the one who had to grow up roaming around with her Ninth Uncle to beg for money and food, and hide from danger.  Zhu Shou just answers that he doesn't understand them.  LOL.  After a while, Zhu Shou decides to try his hand at begging in a different place away from her, which leaves DFS to find BQ by herself.  He's surprised to find her so easily as he thought he'd have to make several outings around the city just to hope that he might run into her.  He says they must be fated, to which she obviously disagrees.  He tells her that he's missed her and asks her to think about why, even though he clearly knows her name is Hua Bu Qi, that he never calls her by that name.  He says it's because the contract was carried out between his family and the Zhu family.  Also, even though her mother was called, Xue Fei, her own last name is Zhu.  This means that when he eventually marries her, he'll be that much more entitled.  BQ just looks at him and tells her to follow him.  She takes him to the side and says to him again that she'll return the money.  What follows is the usual bickering that always accompanies this conversation that the two of them have, so in the interest of time, I'm just going to gloss over the middle part  like that.  I will add though, because I found it amusing, that she again asks him what he finds so attractive in her.  This time she says that she hasn't her mother's beauty and clearly takes after her grandfather which means that one day, she too will be old and fat like him.  Haha.  Anyway, just as she would walk away, DFS holds her back and asks, "If in this world, there was no Lian Yi Ke; if I had met you before Lian Yi Ke met you, would you like me?"  BQ answers most emphatically, "I would not!"  He comments that she answers so easily, but then adds that there are no "Ifs" in this world.  He reminds her that he's once said before, for her, he can be quite shameless.  That means that because Yun Lang liked her, he poisoned him.  And the fact that she likes Lian Yi Ke, that just means he'll kill him.  BQ turns to look at him and says, "Then I also wouldn't like you!"  She then takes back the bowl that he'd grabbed from her earlier and asks him he's going to give her money or not, because if he's not then he should step to the side and stop blocking the man behind him.  DFS is surprised to hear there's a man behind and when he looks back we see it's CY with Commander Han and Xiao Liu.  Hahahaha.

CY quickly rushes forward to take BQ aside.  He says he knows he was wrong and asks her to return home with him.  She asks him, "Did you do something wrong?  Where did you go wrong?"  He looks up as if to see if any one's listening, since he's whispering but she's definitely not using her inside voice, and says to her, "I will keep a distance from her.  There won't be a next time."   She struggles out from under his embrace and says, "I don't believe you."  DFS takes advantage of this situation to ask if they've gotten into an argument and BQ asks him what business is it of his.  He says of course it's his business, as they've only been away from him for a few days and already she's been reduced to this beggar state.  He says that must mean that CY didn't treat her well, and if that's the case, then she shouldn't stay with him.  Instead, she should marry him at once then she wouldn't have to return the money and she'd get an amazing husband who dotes on her very much.  CY reminds him that BQ's already said she'll return the money and asks him why he's still being so annoying about it.  They argue over who's more annoying and BQ finally yells that both of them are annoying.  Zhu Shou returns at this moment and tells the men to stop arguing and offers them some steamed pork buns.  He waits about a second before saying if they're not going to eat one then he's leaving, and he quickly follows BQ who's already walking away.  CY calls for Commander Han who runs forward to stop them from going any farther.  He tells BQ that CY would like her to get on the carriage so they can have a conversation and she's like, "About what?"  She points out that a male and female riding in a carriage by themselves isn't quite proper.   Then she tells him that if he gives her money, she'll thank him, but if he's not going to give her money then she should get out of her way.  DFS also steps forward and tries to shoo Commander Han away.  The two men end up in a test of nerves, with both their swords half drawn, and BQ thinks to herself that she can't believe CY is reacting in this manner, acting like a prince.  As CY takes in her upset reaction, he taps Xiao Liu and points discreetly in BQ's direction.  Then he doubles over in pain with Xiao Liu calling out loudly to ask whether he's okay.  This attracts BQ's attention who runs over directly to see how he's doing.  She commands Xiao Liu to take him to the carriage and as she helps, she scolds him for not staying home when he's got injuries. 

As DFS watches them leave, he tells his right hand woman that he's figured out where QW is hiding.  With BQ behaving as jealously as she was just now, that can only mean that QW is at the CY's manor. 

Inside the carriage, BQ asks CY's what's going on as how could his wound suddenly act up like that.  He stops faking his injuries and asks her to promise him that she won't randomly run out like that again.  DFS is running around and is he steals her away, how will he get to see her again.  BQ shoves his hands aside says, "Wasn't it all because of you."  She points out he didn't keep his word after he promised he wouldn't go see her.  Instead, he went to secretly visit her while she was cooking for him.  She asks him he knows what it felt like when she carried in a bowl soup that she'd worked so hard to make for him and then discovered he was in another woman's room.  He explains once more that with QW's health and condition being what it is right now, he can't just leave her alone without a care.  BQ insists she's faking it and mutters about how nice it must be for QW to take advantage of his largess.  CY asks her if the reason she returned to her beggar clothes today was to remind him that in this world, it's not QW who's the most pitiable, but her.  BQ pretends that's not the case and says that she just thought being a beggar was a time in her life when she had the most freedom.  With her cleverness, she was always able to earn quite a bit of money each day.  And at the very least, she was happier than when she had to be a daughter of the Mo Family, Seventh Prince's Family, and Zhu Family. 

CY takes her into his arms.  He tells her that all these years, it's been hard on her.  She says it's hasn't been hard, her heart's just tired.  [It's a play on words.  The phrase for "working hard/going through hardships" is "xin ku."  The "xin" in that phrase is a homophone for "xin," which means heart.]  She says that when she thinks about having to go back and deal with QW, it makes her heart tired.  CY sits up and tells BQ that today, he already told QW everything that needed to be said.  He promises never to see her again.  (Don't make promises you can't keep, CY!  That'll only upset BQ even more...)  She asks him if he's for real, and he swears it. 

When CY and BQ arrive home, QW's servant comes running out to say that QW tried to kill herself.  BQ just looks at her and asks if she was successful.  Unfortunately for her and us, no, the servant says she found her and saved her and currently the doctor is seeing to her.  The servant says she's been waiting for CY as she wants him to go talk to QW.  It's a test!  BQ can see him struggling to and offers to go see her instead.  CY tells BQ not to provoke QW, and she's like, "Me provoke her?  It's her who keeps provoking me!"  She then reminds him of what he said to her in the carriage and so he has no choice but to let her go, although he sends Commander Han along.  He tells Commander Han to protect BQ by making sure she doesn't go overboard in her words.  He also instructs Commander Han to deliver some words on his behalf, which is that once all matters are settled, he'll help her rebuild Ming Yue Shan.  But if she can't hold on her life, then there's nothing he can do either.  BQ, on the other hand, tells Xiao Liu to help CY back to his room to rest.  I kind of love how they're both ordering their helpers around like this, almost in a tit for tat. It's such a married couple thing.  :)  

BQ visits QW and meets with the doctor, who reassures that QW will be fine.  (Too bad.)  Since QW is just sitting there glowering, upset that it's BQ who's come to see her not CY, BQ sarcastically asks if she's not going to thank the doctor for his services.  The doctor passes over medicine and leaves.  BQ then asks QW how come everything she does, she messes up.  That includes trying to kill herself, as she allowed her servant to find her.  She asks if next time she can find a place where no one else will be around.  The servant objects to Commander Han and asks if that is going overboard.  BQ asks how that's going overboard when QW's the one who's gone overboard in the past.  She asks if QW was this weak when she was chasing after her and her Ninth Uncle.  BQ turns back to QW to tell her to stop pretending because with all the blackness in her heart, there's no way CY will ever like her.  QW asks if she isn't being sinister now, the way she's trying to provoke someone who just tried to commit suicide.  BQ says that if she managed to kill her with anger, and avenge Uncle Ninth, that's be fine with her.  She pulls out a covered dagger.  Commander Han is startled to attention, but she tells him not to worry.  She knows that she wouldn't be able to take down QW in a physical fight, she just wants to give her the little dagger because it will help her.  She then throws it at QW and says, "Didn't you want to kill yourself?  Why don't you use that tonight when no one is around?"  She turns to leave and Commander Han steps forward to convey CY's message.  After he finishes, he also turns to leave, but QW takes the dagger and tries to hurl it at BQ.  Fortunately Commander Han has quick reflexes and blocks it with his sword.  BQ says to Commander Han that he should be clear now as to who's the sinister one and should anything happen to her in the future, he should make CY investigate QW first.  After BQ and Commander Han leave, QW's servant goes to her to try and calm her down.

Commander Han meets with CY and gives him the update on the other army.  CY calculates the distance from where they are to where the Mysterious Man and LMY are; it's about three days away.  BQ enters at that moment with all the food she'd cooked for her earlier.  It's a cute scene where she goads him into being more flattering with his words and praise, and then they feed each other.  (At one point he tells her to try the food so she can see for herself how amazing "his wife's" cooking skills are.  :D)  At the end of their meal, he says he has something to tell her.  And that's that he's going to be leaving by himself soon to go see Ah Fu, who he's certain is in danger.  He tells BQ to stay at the manor with Xiao Liu and Commander Han and pretend that he's very sick and can't be seen by others so no one will know he's gone.  Of course BQ's worried.  His injuries haven't yet healed.  She's also upset because if he's worried about Ah Fu, that means Ah Fu is in danger, which means he'll end up getting involved too.  He tells her not to worry because he doesn't want the Emperor to know he's gone to see Ah Fu, and plus with all the people around Ah Fu who are there to protect him, there will be no need for him to get involved.  He just wants to gaze upon Ah From a distance and reassure himself that Ah Fu is fine.  BQ says she still doesn't feel good about this because what if something happens.  He promises there won't be a "what if."  BQ tells him that she knows no matter what she says, she knows he'll do what he wants anyway.  She understands that he and Ah Fu are close, but she also wishes that before he makes his decisions, he would take her into consideration.  They're together now and if something happens to him, she won't let him off.  CY hugs her close and promises nothing will happen to her.  She bites his hand at that, and says he's always like this, making decisions for the both of their futures.  She takes his hand in hers and asks when he's planning on leaving.  He answers immediately. 

We see CY riding his horse through the forest. 

QW's servant tells QW that she heard CY has fallen seriously ill and no one's allowed to see him.  QW wants to run off and see him, but her servant calls her back saying that BQ is one of the people inside caring for him, and given how their relations are, she's afraid QW going will only make CY more upset with her.  QW's never been one to listen to her servant though, so you know what that means.  Around this same time, DFS is trying to gain access to Dong Ping Jun Manor but Xiao Liu's not letting him through the door with CY sick.  When DFS asks instead to see BQ, Xiao Liu answers that she's busy taking care of CY and doesn't have time to meet with him.  DFS says he didn't even bother asking her and answered so freely on her behalf.  He wonders if this is how all the servants in CY's manor behaves.  Xiao Liu reassures that these were general instructions that BQ provided previously as he would never dare speak on her behalf on his own. 

Commander Han is outside CY's bedroom trying to tell QW that she can't go in to see him.  BQ gets up and joins him outside.  She asks QW why she's being so noisy when CY's just fallen asleep.  QW just tries to worm her way past them.  Commander Han points out that if she insists on behaving like this, she'll only continue losing favor with CY.  (I swear, after these two episodes, Commander Han is quickly becoming my new favorite person!)  And then, just to makes things more fun, DFS arrives.  BQ asks him how he managed to get in.  He answers that he just thought of her and then he entered, so what does it matter how he entered.  BQ tries to hurry him off, but he looks around and sees QW and comments on her presence.  He finds it amazing that CY's got both women staying with him and asks BQ if she's not jealous.  BQ and DFS engage in one of their usual verbal battles.  He tells her that he only came to see her after he witnessed the two of them fighting in streets.  He wanted to see how she was doing and asks, "Are you really jealous of QW?   If that's the case, then I"ll just kill her."  He reaches for QW and Commander Han steps in between.  DFS tells him not to worry as he's just joking around.  He'd never touch QW as he wants her to have a good relationship with CY, so that BQ would be even more jealous.  DFS yells at the top of his lung and asks CY how come all the women are so devoted towards him.  BQ tells him to be quiet as CY just fell asleep.  She tells him to leave and he says, fine, he will.  He only came to see how she was doing and now he's seen her.  So he leaves.  QW's still trying to get in and BQ just tells Commander Han to make sure she doesn't enter and goes back inside. 

Commander Han tells QW to hurry back to her quarters before he's forced to take action.  The servant objects to this threat and he responds by putting the sword against her neck.  (Have I mentioned how much I'm loving Commander Han right now?)  QW can tell he's serious and so she ends up retreating for now. 

Outside the manor, DFS meets with his right hand woman.  She asks him if QW really is at Dong Ping Jun Manor and DFS responds by asking when he's ever been wrong with his calculated guesses.  She says she'll go in that very night then and kill her, but DFS tells her to stand down for now.  He then tells her that given all the ruckus he just created at the Dong Ping Jing Manor, the fact that he never heard a peep out of CY or saw him, leaves him suspect that CY's not there.

Episode ends

Archived