[Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] I Will Never Let You Go / Legend of Huo Buo 小女花不弃

sugarplum892

I’ve been locked out of my account for the past few days, and I had been dying to add my two cents worth about DFS.

Definitely can’t stand him. From the time he tried to ruin BQ’s reputation by kidnapping her and spending one night with her, to setting up rival shops to compete with her, and almost destroying XX’s martial arts skills, and not forgetting kidnapping YL and causing her to beg him on her knees .... so many atrocious deeds ... and he thinks he can still win her heart? Delusional! I don’t know what his background is, but he has no sense of propriety, and definitely no sense of righteousness and morals. Even if he ends up sacrificing himself for BQ at the end of the story, I don’t think he can redeem himself enough for me to have one shred of sympathy for him. 

Anyway, @themarchioness Thank you so much for your recaps! Reading your thoughts which came with them made me laugh.

• Replies 987
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So happy to find this forum! I'm hooked on the show and have been stalking the hashtag on weibo. Getting annoyed by all the fangirls who've been saying CY is terrible and that DFS is so much better because he only treats BQ well.

I've read the novel and agree that the show's CY is a little too nice to LQW as compared to the novel, but although I don't like seeing CY and LQW together, I don't get how DFS is preferable at all. He's childish and only focuses on what he wants without any thought to the consequences. It's like saying that in real life, a murderer who's fixated on you is a better catch than a kind-hearted guy who loves you and also treats others well?! 

So glad to find like-minded and reasonable people here on this forum haha :)

20 hours ago, themarchioness said:

Thank you for the compliment, @mouse007, and yeah... I'm going to have to figure out how to do better next week.  I went to bed way too late last night.  :P  

As for DFS, I think with Episode 37, he pretty much killed any little bit of goodwill he had been earning with me for the past couple of episodes.  And I was feeling that way before he gave the order to kill CY (but not BQ).  I really did not appreciate his comments when CY suggested they split up to find BQ.  His response that he'd been wanting to separate himself from CY and that he had to BQ first only emphasized how childish and immature he is.  Everything with DFS is a race and a competition, and it's at times like these that his immaturity really plays out.  He's small-minded, too focused on his self, and petty.  Too harsh?  I'll accept disagreements and opposing views, but that's how I see him -- I keep waiting for DFS to see the greater good of things, and I was hoping that with him at least feeling protective towards BQ that meant he would, but after Episode 37...

The thing is, I do believe his interest in BQ is genuine.  He finds her clever and her brain stimulates and challenges him, so she's interesting to him.  I don't think he'd be happy with a wife he could walk all over.  But he is so overbearing in his wooing of her it's uncomfortable.  I dislike the way he tries to make decisions for her -- if you recognize she has a brain, let her use it!  I also dislike the way he assumes that if there was no competition, she'd be interested in him.  It doesn't work that way.  Plus, does he really think if he kills the person she loves, that is going to endear him to her???  If so, he really needs to rethink the comments he's constantly making about him being so smart.

Finally, the one thing that's been bugging me about DFS since Wednesday's episodes, is a comment he made in one of those two episodes.  It was to the effect that he could change for her (and I think it was from that scene where she says to CY that she likes people like LYK, and then he drags her aside and says that if that's the kind of person she likes, then he too can be a martial arts fighter who saves people).  Whether it was in that moment, or another where he said something similar, I started thinking to myself: I really hate when people say they'll change for someone else.  

Don't misunderstand.  I think part of life is meeting others, learning from them, and improving ourselves by modeling the behaviors that we find positive in others.  So, we absolutely are as human beings affected by the people around us.  What I don't like about DFS's comment though is that he puts the onus of his change on her -- like, if you accept me, I will become that person.  The responsibility for his growth as a human being should not be on her.  It should be on him.  He should want to improve himself and become a better person because it matters to him.  

Really, really love your recaps! So thorough and insightful. Thanks for taking the time to do this for us....where can we see latest episodes (other than Viki and YouTube) from the US?

Sorry for the long post, but combining multiple replies in one:

16 hours ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

Well said. :D

But in my case I didn't have any good will to begin with. :P A nuisance he was and a nuisance he continues to be. Frankly I did in fact want to see something redeemable about him. No one watches a show with the intention of hating any character even the villains. The hope is always that there's something about a character that you can appreciate, something about their villainy that

resonates with your humanity.

Haha, I know, I know, but it was only in the past few eps that my feelings started turning just a little before they U-turned right back around. I'm an eternal optimist and based on spoiler clips for episodes down the road, I still have hope that maybe something redeemable will be found in DFS.  One thing I am curious is about is how much DFS knows about the prophecy concerning BQ and Biluotian.  Obviously, he knows that she is a Biluotian priestess.  But has he also learned from his grandfather that she must die in order for the riches to be gained?  My guess is no, otherwise he wouldn't work so hard to make her his when doing so would only bring her in contact with his grandfather who wants to kill her.  But then again, this is DFS we're talking about so I can't dismiss the possibility that he knows and either doesn't care or thinks that he'll be able to protect her and keep her by his side anyway (since he has such a high opinion of himself). 

As for your question of whether DFS really does care for BQ as a human being... hard to say, but I think he definitely sees her as a prize.  I swear if, in the next episode, he's the one to get her out of that sand cave and then tries to claim success for that, I'm going to be so aggravated.  LOL.  I mean, you can't say that you were the one to bring her to safety when all you did was swoop in the last minute, tell lies, and screw someone else in the process.  Ugh.  Oh no, I just imagined that smug expression on his face . . . @40somethingahjumma, we're going to have to fight each other to be the first person to smack it away.  Haha!  ;) 

16 hours ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

To be fair, I think the drama also (quite rightly) demonstrates that CY being too kind and high-minded has certain consequences for his relationship with BQ. He also has to learn that BQ not only needs to know that he loves her but she also has to feel secure in the exclusivity in their relationship. He has to prioritize her (not just with words) even going against his own better instincts. Fortunately he catches on quick. ;)

Often these dramas make it look as if courtship is the hardest part of the relationship but the truth of the matter is that once a couple gets together, the real challenges have only just begun.

For your first point, yes, I agree.  But I feel for CY too, because he really is trying to set boundaries with QW.  In the same way that BQ keeps telling DFS that he can "dream on" about them marrying, CY has told QW time and again that there can never be anything between them.  This time, he even ends the the partnership/agreement they had to work together and tries to send her away.  But, with a person like QW, that's not so easily said or done.  She's like a barnacle! 

I'm really curious, based on the spoiler clips for next episodes, to see what CY does to make BQ upset again.  After all, she was able to think things through the last time DFS and QW played around with her and CY's emotions . . . anyway, we'll see what happens!  In the meantime, all I can think is that CY should take lessons from Jang Dong Gun a la "All About Eve" on how to be nice to manipulative second female leads without ever getting himself in trouble (am I right, @angelangie;)).  Haha.

As for your second point, very well said!  Relationships are constant work and the ones who realize that will be the ones who come out on top.

11 hours ago, ck1Oz said:

But I am quite contented to see more of CY or DP or whoever  he is called.

So, the Xiao Xia story has ended? She doesn't end up with the young guy?

Hehehe, Chen Yu does have a lot of names, doesn't he?  But he is all those things: Chen Yu, Zhang Qin, and Dong Ping Jun Wang (his current position/title, whereas he was formerly the Shi Zhi). 

As for Xiao Xia and CY's best friend, I don't think we've seen the last of them -- and certainly hope we'll see more of them.  I really liked them and can well imagine a happy future for the foursome (CY/BQ and Xiao Xia/the best friend).  :) 

@omiki, you're very welcome!  And yes, as you've all probably noticed, I can't resist the side commentary sometimes while recapping.  :P

5 hours ago, vtxy said:

So happy to find this forum! I'm hooked on the show and have been stalking the hashtag on weibo. Getting annoyed by all the fangirls who've been saying CY is terrible and that DFS is so much better because he only treats BQ well.

I've read the novel and agree that the show's CY is a little too nice to LQW as compared to the novel, but although I don't like seeing CY and LQW together, I don't get how DFS is preferable at all. He's childish and only focuses on what he wants without any thought to the consequences. It's like saying that in real life, a murderer who's fixated on you is a better catch than a kind-hearted guy who loves you and also treats others well?! 

So glad to find like-minded and reasonable people here on this forum haha :)

Welcome, @vtxy!  I'm glad you found us as well.  I also don't understand those commenters who say that the actor playing DFS has more chemistry with Ariel than ZBB.  Say wot?!  I happen to think BQ and CY ooze chemistry, but well -- *rolls eyes* -- we cannot control what others think.  And LOL at your murderer/kind-hearted guy comparison.  Exactly!  I agree with you. 

I feel like I've spent so much time musing over DFS this past week that I haven't paid sufficient attention to CY, but on the other hand, he's so perfect in my heart that there's not much to say.  There's only so many ways in which I can express, "I adore you and your beautiful smiles!"  :D  

11 hours ago, ck1Oz said:

So, the Xiao Xia story has ended? She doesn't end up with the young guy?

@ck1OzBased on the novel, their story hasn't ended. But the recent few episodes (in the dessert) have been veering away from the novel and the well scene (from spoilers) isn't part of the novel too so I guess we can't know for sure.

12 minutes ago, themarchioness said:

Welcome, @vtxy!  I'm glad you found us as well.  I also don't understand those commenters who say that the actor playing DFS has more chemistry with Ariel than ZBB.  Say wot?!  I happen to think BQ and CY ooze chemistry, but well -- *rolls eyes* -- we cannot control what others think.  And LOL at your murderer/kind-hearted guy comparison.  Exactly!  I agree with you. 

Thanks for the welcome @themarchioness! Yessss I think BQ and CY have so much more chemistry! Probably its just that Ariel Lin acts so well and has amazing chemistry with all the characters haha. I love her with Zhu Shou too.

17 hours ago, chisaholly said:

New ep 38 preview, its the scene after the one posted by @chisaholly previously!

4 hours ago, vtxy said:

Thanks for the welcome @themarchioness! Yessss I think BQ and CY have so much more chemistry! Probably its just that Ariel Lin acts so well and has amazing chemistry with all the characters haha. I love her with Zhu Shou too.

New ep 38 preview, its the scene after the one posted by @chisaholly previously!

Reveal hidden contents

I have always had the utmost respect for Ariel Lin.  She's an amazing actress, takes her work so seriously, and always has the best chemistry with her costars.  I also love that she's always able to maintain sincere friendships with all her costars.  No wonder she's so beloved in the industry! 

As for the clip you shared, sigh, they are seriously the cutest and the bestest!  Here's a translation for those who need subs:

CY: Lie down with me for a little bit?

BQ: Why should lie down with you?  It's not like I'm LQW.

CY: Are you still jealous?  Didn't I just send her away?

BQ: Just now, the way Xiao Liu (CY's right hand man) was speaking up for her, that has to mean that before I arrived, your relationship with her was not normal.  (She forcefully shoves his hand away and CY doubles over from pain in his shoulder area.  BQ starts to freak out.)  What's the matter?  Did that affect your wound?  Where?  Where?  Where? 

CY: Here, here, here, here, here.  (As she reaches around to check, he grabs her in a hug.)  Don't move.  Let me hold onto you like this for a little bit more.

BQ: You faked it.

CY: How could I?  It was real.  (He pulls her out of the hug and takes a good look at her.)  BQ, you look really nice today. 

BQ. Tch, flatterer.  (She finally smiles as he pulls on her cheek.)  Does it still hurt?  (He shakes his head no.)

:wub:

I am also in the minority here.  I love DFS character - he is neither good nor bad, very human with all of his faults - plus the bickering and interaction with Buqi has sparks flying!  because he is the 2nd lead, I do not expect him to wind up with Buqi, but everytime Austin Lin is on the screen, he steals the scene (at least for me).  I started watching this for Bin Bin, who is otherwordly handsome, but I find that the DFS character to be much more interesting. I am always wondering what schemes and plots he has up his sleeves. Yes, he is petty and arrogant, but he also cuts for a dashing figure as well, as he is very good in martial arts and is highly intelligent.  I love it when he & Buqi trade sarcastic barbs and try to outwit each other - I do find that they have lots of chemistry together.  

I would like him to survive this series, but I am not sure 

Spoiler

I saw a clip of his grandfather stabbing him - is he for sure dead?  I don't know... It would be a shame to waste such a fantastic interesting character, but I have seen it before in other series with great 2nd male leads who cannot pair off with another person.  They kill them off as they cannot exist.

Wow, you all are so great with keeping up on the latest episodes. I just caught up!  @themarchioness, I truly enjoy your recaps!

I just wanted to say that the Lotus couple is so lovely together. I do not watch many C-dramas, but these two totally got me from episode 1. I got a special feeling about these two so I kept watching and I am so glad I did so. I was actually pleasantly surprised that they became a couple so quick in episode 28 and immediately, I got the feels that they were utterly devoted to each other. It almost seemed like they married each other that night. What I appreciate most about this couple are the conversations that they have together. From working out jealousy issues to talking about their plans and future together - I absolutely love their dialogue. I love how CY started to refer to BQ as his "fu yan" and how he shares his thoughts/vision about their future family/kids together. You can tell how much CY deeply loves BQ. However, based on the upcoming previews, it seems like we will have a few more sweet scenes, but it will be getting pretty serious soon.

As for CW, I am glad she is starting to show her ugly and manipulative side to CY. CY foolishly thought that he could be friends with CW. Obviously, he was totally wrong. Even though CY may honestly tell CW that he only has BQ in his heart and send her away, CW's obsession with him is unhealthy and scary. I fear what more she may do to BQ in her desperate measures to have CY.

Last, as for DFS, I still cannot like the guy. BQ keeps telling him that she does not and will not like him yet DFS keeps forcing his feelings on her knowing that she loves LYK/CY. I am hoping as the story progresses, DFS will chill out and learn to accept/respect the couple. That way, he could at least be friends with BQ.

5 hours ago, biancardi said:

I am also in the minority here.  I love DFS character - he is neither good nor bad, very human with all of his faults - plus the bickering and interaction with Buqi has sparks flying!  because he is the 2nd lead, I do not expect him to wind up with Buqi, but everytime Austin Lin is on the screen, he steals the scene (at least for me).  I started watching this for Bin Bin, who is otherwordly handsome, but I find that the DFS character to be much more interesting. I am always wondering what schemes and plots he has up his sleeves. Yes, he is petty and arrogant, but he also cuts for a dashing figure as well, as he is very good in martial arts and is highly intelligent.  I love it when he & Buqi trade sarcastic barbs and try to outwit each other - I do find that they have lots of chemistry together.  

I would like him to survive this series, but I am not sure 

Hide contents

I saw a clip of his grandfather stabbing him - is he for sure dead?  I don't know... It would be a shame to waste such a fantastic interesting character, but I have seen it before in other series with great 2nd male leads who cannot pair off with another person.  They kill them off as they cannot exist.

Lo i am also in the minority, i like BQ and DFS’s interaction, it’s really fun watching both againts each other and also watching DFS yielded after seeing BQ crying by releasing YL.

3 hours ago, taeunfighting said:

Wow, you all are so great with keeping up on the latest episodes. I just caught up!  @themarchioness, I truly enjoy your recaps!

How can we not keep up with the episodes???  Hahaha.  I pretty much live for Tuesdays-Thursdays right now.  Each day I know there's going to be new episodes, I can thinking of nothing else except finishing up my work as quickly as I can so that I can go home and start watching.  Unfortunately, that doesn't always work out . . . but it's always a goal!  I'm not at all obsessed with this drama.  Nope.  Not me.  :P 

4 minutes ago, roxnilla7 said:

Can you send me a PM too? Please and thank you! :)

Sure!

20 hours ago, vtxy said:

Welcome to Soompi... :D

I realise that this show is largely comedic and a lot of DFS is played for laughs but there's been so much campaigning in my neck of the woods about domestic violence and spousal abuse that my brain can't help but go there from time to time. I would push the analogy in a different direction... To me it's like saying that it's okay if my partner abuses me mentally and physically... and bullies me... as long as he loves me and no one else.. Talk about low hanging fruit. :P

I'm a strong advocate for monogamy but exclusivity can't be the most important criteria or the only criteria. ;)

I didn't like seeing CY and LQW together either. ;) But there was a good narrative reason for it and an integral part of CY character development in relation to his romance with BQ. Of course it is easy to prove that you are attracted to someone if all you do is spend time with them and you have the arrogance to believe that you are God's gift to women. However, if temptation or potential temptation comes along in the form of another woman what would a good man do? Would he succumb to the flattery and the helpless act? Or would he stay true to his first love despite not being close to her?

CY is a good man, a far more loyal subject to the king ( who is rather suspect mind you) than his father ever was and he's also holding on to his title in large part so that he can help BQ pay off the family debt. There's very little of what he's doing that is selfishly driven except perhaps with a view to a future with the woman he loves. (I don't think anyone would begrudge him that) Despite being a prince, he doesn't have the leisure time to stalk some disinterested maiden and giving her a hard time. He is busy doing things for others so that he can finish his responsibilities and build a life with BQ. 

Those who think he love BQ less because he's not hanging around her all day and all night... I would submit... don't understand CY and don't see/aren't taking into consideration the long game he is playing.

14 hours ago, themarchioness said:

...  Oh no, I just imagined that smug expression on his face . . . @40somethingahjumma, we're going to have to fight each other to be the first person to smack it away.  Haha!  ;) 

For your first point, yes, I agree.  But I feel for CY too, because he really is trying to set boundaries with QW.  In the same way that BQ keeps telling DFS that he can "dream on" about them marrying, CY has told QW time and again that there can never be anything between them.  This time, he even ends the the partnership/agreement they had to work together and tries to send her away.  But, with a person like QW, that's not so easily said or done.  She's like a barnacle! 

I'm really curious, based on the spoiler clips for next episodes, to see what CY does to make BQ upset again.  After all, she was able to think things through the last time DFS and QW played around with her and CY's emotions . . . anyway, we'll see what happens!  In the meantime, all I can think is that CY should take lessons from Jang Dong Gun a la "All About Eve" on how to be nice to manipulative second female leads without ever getting himself in trouble (am I right, @angelangie;)).  Haha.

I'm sure the line to land a fist on DFS' face is a very long one. ;) But I think BQ should be the one to get there first. :D

I don't entirely blame CY. He's a really good guy and it's not his fault if he is both kind and duty-bound to show some human decency to another human being especially if she can be of some use.

But BQ is insecure and a man must deal with that appropriately... and he does... to his credit. I think from all the previews I've seen... it's a sore and sticking point with BQ. It shows an unusual lack of confidence on her part perhaps. ;) One of my favourite parts of In Time With You was the bit after the wedding... when the couple have their "cold war"... Yeah, Ariel rebuffing ZBB in this drama reminds me of that. :lol:

@biancardi and @12blbl All views are welcomed as long as you don't mind other disagreeing with you. ;) Whether you're in the minority... it doesn't matter much.

10 hours ago, themarchioness said:

How can we not keep up with the episodes???  Hahaha.  I pretty much live for Tuesdays-Thursdays right now.  Each day I know there's going to be new episodes, I can thinking of nothing else except finishing up my work as quickly as I can so that I can go home and start watching.  Unfortunately, that doesn't always work out . . . but it's always a goal!  I'm not at all obsessed with this drama.  Nope.  Not me.  :P 

Sure!

Lol I so enjoy your comments! Makes watching this show more fun.  On one hand I'm  looking forward to this show wrapping up in 3 weeks so I can go back to my life and responsibilities but I'm enjoying this show and CY/ BQ interactions so much that I will likely rewatch again when it ends. :)

New spoilers for this week. Looks like we're in for another exciting week, my friends!!! 

Part 1: https://www.instagram.com/p/Bt-_zkYAHJM/

Part 2: https://www.instagram.com/p/Bt-_8J0gipT/

Spoiler

Part 1: Looks like the shoulder and side injuries that CY uses to earn sympathy from BQ (as shown in the other spoiler clips we've seen thus far) was inflicted by LMY while the threesome (CY, BQ, DFS) were making their escape from the sand caves.  CY will kick QW out of his house (as we've also seen already).  Ah Fu (the Seventh Prince's right-hand man) and his sister will find close in on finding the route to Biluotian, but the Mysterious Man will also find them and it looks like Ah Fu will have his final battle with that man.  LYK will arrive (and I really hope all those arrows landing in LMY meas this is the last we'll have to see fo her), but it won't be soon enough to save Ah Fu. *tears*  Not gonna lie, I kind of figured Ah Fu was marked from the get go for an early death.  I'm just he didn't die while he and CY were on their separate missions and that, in the end, their paths were able to cross like this in order for the former teacher and his student to say their farewells.  Ah Fu passes over the Biluotian sphere and then kills himself (I'm guessing he was dying from his injuries and this just sped things up).  Someone will tell the Emperor that LYK is by his side, and then Xiao Liu (CY's right hand man) will wake up BQ to tell her that CY has gotten into trouble.  They steal away and then, in the daylight, spy on the place where they believe CY to be locked up.  Next scene is Xiao Xia (yay, they reunited!) asking BQ what to do. BQ tells her to follow, "Bai Jian Fei."  (A new character, I believe, as the name's not ringing any bells.)  And then QW will try to torture BQ when they're in a covered wagon by themselves.  But BQ wakes up and springs one of those wrist arrows at QW before climbing out of the wagon. We don't get to see what happens to QW but, boy, it would be nice if that got rid of her too.  :P 

Part 2: BQ escapes from the covered wagon onto a horse, but then the horse throws her.  A man runs into catch her on his back.  I don't recognize this man, but it looks like she meets with him later and when he pays his address she recognizes some sort of mark on his hand/wrist?  DFS arrives with CY's dead body (I think he says it'd been burned?).   A heartbroken BQ asks him if he knows the full extent of the Biluotian prophecy (I think).  She tells him that since CY is dead, she doesn't want to keep on living either.  DFS says he doesn't believe a word of what she said and stalks off. 

Phew.  I'm not too worried about CY as we know he can't die, but man.  If we could get rid of LMY, at least, that would be fantastic.  I mean she had multiple arrows going through her body.  That's got to be hard to save even with all their weird and amazing healing powers.  QW . . . I have a feeling she'll be able to survive that one small dart/arrow, but it'd be great if we could get her off the screen too.  Just saying.  ;) 

10 minutes ago, luna2nd said:

Lol I so enjoy your comments! Makes watching this show more fun.  On one hand I'm  looking forward to this show wrapping up in 3 weeks so I can go back to my life and responsibilities but I'm enjoying this show and CY/ BQ interactions so much that I will likely rewatch again when it ends. :)

Haha, I know, right?  Drama endings can be so bittersweet -- on the one hand, I like finally getting to know how everything will turn out.  And when I'm as obsessed with a drama as I am with this one, I agree, it's definitely nice to have one's life back.  (Tuesdays through Thursdays are total goners for me right now.)  But on the other hand, I love being able to spend time each week with all the characters in this drama (and especially the OTP), and the obsession and the crazy is all part of the fun so I'll miss that as well!  Sigh, what's a drama watcher to do?  Hee hee.

I'll definitely be rewatching (at least some parts) with subtitles when all is over.  Right now though, no patience to wait for subs!  ;) 

3 hours ago, themarchioness said:

New spoilers for this week. Looks like we're in for another exciting week, my friends!!! 

Reveal hidden contents

Part 1: Looks like the shoulder and side injuries that CY uses to earn sympathy from BQ (as shown in the other spoiler clips we've seen thus far) was inflicted by LMY while the threesome (CY, BQ, DFS) were making their escape from the sand caves.  CY will kick QW out of his house (as we've also seen already).  Ah Fu (the Seventh Prince's right-hand man) and his sister will find close in on finding the route to Biluotian, but the Mysterious Man will also find them and it looks like Ah Fu will have his final battle with that man.  LYK will arrive (and I really hope all those arrows landing in LMY meas this is the last we'll have to see fo her), but it won't be soon enough to save Ah Fu. *tears*  Not gonna lie, I kind of figured Ah Fu was marked from the get go for an early death.  I'm just he didn't die while he and CY were on their separate missions and that, in the end, their paths were able to cross like this in order for the former teacher and his student to say their farewells.  Ah Fu passes over the Biluotian sphere and then kills himself (I'm guessing he was dying from his injuries and this just sped things up).  Someone will tell the Emperor that LYK is by his side, and then Xiao Liu (CY's right hand man) will wake up BQ to tell her that CY has gotten into trouble.  They steal away and then, in the daylight, spy on the place where they believe CY to be locked up.  Next scene is Xiao Xia (yay, they reunited!) asking BQ what to do. BQ tells her to follow, "Bai Jian Fei."  (A new character, I believe, as the name's not ringing any bells.)  And then QW will try to torture BQ when they're in a covered wagon by themselves.  But BQ wakes up and springs one of those wrist arrows at QW before climbing out of the wagon. We don't get to see what happens to QW but, boy, it would be nice if that got rid of her too.  :P 

Part 2: BQ escapes from the covered wagon onto a horse, but then the horse throws her.  A man runs into catch her on his back.  I don't recognize this man, but it looks like she meets with him later and when he pays his address she recognizes some sort of mark on his hand/wrist?  DFS arrives with CY's dead body (I think he says it'd been burned?).   A heartbroken BQ asks him if he knows the full extent of the Biluotian prophecy (I think).  She tells him that since CY is dead, she doesn't want to keep on living either.  DFS says he doesn't believe a word of what she said and stalks off. 

Phew.  I'm not too worried about CY as we know he can't die, but man.  If we could get rid of LMY, at least, that would be fantastic.  I mean she had multiple arrows going through her body.  That's got to be hard to save even with all their weird and amazing healing powers.  QW . . . I have a feeling she'll be able to survive that one small dart/arrow, but it'd be great if we could get her off the screen too.  Just saying.  ;) 

I saw these previews and were shocked like, are they going to have CY fake his death now, too. Man! soo much is happening and it's going to end soon.

@themarchioness Thank you for the previews! I could be wrong, but I believe Bai Jian Fei is CY and Yuan Chong's scholar friend from the capital. I remember CY telling Yuan Chong that he did not want to involve Jian Fei in any of his affairs, but it looks like it's going to happen. 

I usually catch up during the weekend, but like you, I'm feeling the desire to rush home on Tues, Wed and Thurs now!

4 hours ago, themarchioness said:

Hide contents

Spoiler

Looked like his other friend betrayed him (CY) ... :scream:

@taeunfighting, you're absolutely right. Bai Jian Fei is CY's other friend.  I think I've mentioned before that I can never remember his friends' names, so I was totally drawing a blank earlier but now that you mention the connection, it clicked. 

@chisaholly, if he does that, it can hardly be a surprise.  I've pretty much been expecting it ever since CY warned Yuan Chong about telling Jian Fei too much and explained why he didn't want to get Jian Fei to be involved.  That was a totally foreshadowing conversation.  :P  it just sucks because they're childhood friends.  Sigh.

Archived